Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1310005 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #9200 on: March 3, 2020, 06:28:08 pm »
Think we need to field a strong team tonight as the players need more games following the break!!

Hopefully starting is Adrian, Jones, Milner, Keita, Minamino it etc.. in addition to some of our usual starters

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9201 on: March 3, 2020, 06:31:10 pm »
Because he's an ex red and he's talking about the title. Which is what this thread is about.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #9202 on: March 3, 2020, 06:31:49 pm »
I just checked your profile and saw your age. That probably accounts for why you've not heard it that much. I started going to Anfield in 1971, so saw us and other fanbases singing it for loads. It was a standard terrace song with any club with a chance of the league, and even some who didn't.  :)

It dropped out of fashion for us when we turned to shit in the 90s, but has still had an airing on the few occasions we've challenged. More muted than back in the day because people have been far more cautious due to the number of false dawns, but it's still been sung. It's one from our rich and varied back catalogue.  :)

Cheers for the reply, Liam.
yes i'm still a baby hahah
I've only managed to go anfield about 4 or 5 times unfortunately and it was never in a title challenging season so never heard it, think the first time i heard it was under Rodgers when we nearly won it

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9203 on: March 3, 2020, 07:02:24 pm »
Carra is becoming such a disappointment to me. 30 years we've waited to win the league and now he's coming out and saying just winning the league isn't enough>:(  It's bad enough we're hearing this sort of stuff from LFC haters without him churning out the same bollocks as well. >:(

How many did he win?
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Jagdip

• former Lunatic
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9204 on: March 3, 2020, 09:32:04 pm »
Crystal Palace at home it is then.

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #9205 on: March 3, 2020, 09:35:23 pm »
Crystal Palace at home it is then.

Is it not City away?  ???
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9206 on: March 3, 2020, 09:35:44 pm »
Bonkers how we're going to blow this 22 point lead, isn't it.  :)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #9207 on: March 3, 2020, 09:36:08 pm »
Well, there goes the treble..

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9208 on: March 3, 2020, 09:37:10 pm »
Chase it, Baby.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9209 on: March 3, 2020, 09:37:20 pm »
Well, there goes the treble..

The treble which only became a big thing recently. This season is about winning the title, and getting the monkey of our back.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #9210 on: March 3, 2020, 09:38:08 pm »
It’s simply the mid season slump we always have. Only difference this year is we didn’t lose a game until the slump hit.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #9211 on: March 3, 2020, 09:38:26 pm »
The treble which only became a big thing recently. This season is about winning the title, and getting the monkey of our back.

Absolutely, don't give 2 shits about the F.A cup in any given season, even more so this season.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9212 on: March 3, 2020, 09:38:26 pm »
Is it not City away?  ???

If we both win all games yes I think it is.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9213 on: March 3, 2020, 09:38:50 pm »
Bonkers how we're going to blow this 22 point lead, isn't it.  :)
Don't even joke about it

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9214 on: March 3, 2020, 09:39:02 pm »
Well, at least we get to enjoy Roy in a couple weeks!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9215 on: March 3, 2020, 09:39:36 pm »
We need just 12 points to bring the baby home, no panic just do the job. We may need to adjust our tactics somewhat for the CL, but the main thing is to get the title officially sorted.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9216 on: March 3, 2020, 09:40:29 pm »
We'll be champions but we aren't playing like it.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #9217 on: March 3, 2020, 09:40:56 pm »
We need just 12 points to bring the baby home, no panic just do the job. We may need to adjust our tactics somewhat for the CL, but the main thing is to get the title officially sorted.
Would be fab to do that and do just enough to stay in the CL then piss all over the rest and bring both home......

Fuck the FA anyway, let London FC have their moment.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9218 on: March 3, 2020, 09:41:49 pm »
22 points ahead dickwads remember that.

12 more points needed.  :wave

Offline Goobs10

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9219 on: March 3, 2020, 09:42:18 pm »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.  The team he picked wasnt good enough to win the game meaning yet again we crash out of another domestic cup competition just a few days after City sweep up another one.  No Salah, no Firminio, no Trent, no Alison and no Wijnaldum.  Basically 4 out of our top 6 players. Just why? Why on earth didn't Alison play? Keepers don't need resting!

Why didn't he choose the league game against Bournemouth to rest the key players given that whilst it may still be mathematically possible for City to catch us it's basically impossible.

Yes it's great to finally win the league again but the season isn't just about the league and the CL and we have let the domestic cups go again far too cheaply.  Yet again, when another Wembley final rolls around at the end of the season, we won't be contesting it. I'm fuming.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2020, 09:47:01 pm by Goobs10 »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9220 on: March 3, 2020, 09:42:20 pm »
Some have missed a ''crisis'' it seems :D

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #9221 on: March 3, 2020, 09:42:25 pm »
It’s simply the mid season slump we always have. Only difference this year is we didn’t lose a game until the slump hit.
Five poor performances in a row is concerning, regardless of how we are doing before then. Very strange that practically every player has turned into a mistake prone one. We have now been losing in four consecutive games, and lost three of them.

We need to beat Bournemouth to get some momentum for the Atletico match.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9222 on: March 3, 2020, 09:44:12 pm »
Disappointed but all I want is this title. So go get it. Fuck everything else

Offline Rafas3leggedtable

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9223 on: March 3, 2020, 09:44:19 pm »
Stopped been honest. After west ham game, Trent said they had 2 shots on target. Sly sports then came knocking a day or two later to interview the 2 best in the world full backs. Where was our people saying back off we not there yet? Then for good measure our lfc.tv team thinks what the hell lets have a "At home with the LFC lads" mini documentary. Then todays performance. OK Lovren and Ox wil get alot of attention but many were not there mentally today.
Would like to know Klopp's take on today but also in private the last 6 days.

This again. Different personnel.

Am i wrong?
The people of Liverpool are workers. This is not a rich town where everyone lives a comfortable life. They work hard for themselves, and this is what we at Liverpool like to do. This is the attitude we must all have.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9224 on: March 3, 2020, 09:44:47 pm »
Klopp has 4 days to try and find 11 players who are not in poor form for what should be a routine home win against Bournemouth.
That is a game we need to see some reaction, yes we have a huge lead, but we still need the points to make it official.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9225 on: March 3, 2020, 09:45:02 pm »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.  The team he picked wasnt good enough to win the game meaning yet again we crash out of another domestic cup competition just a few days after City sweep up another one.  Why on earth didn't Alison play? Keepers don't need resting!

Why didn't he choose the league game against Bournemouth to rest the key players given that whilst it may still be mathematically possible for City to catch us it's basically impossible.

Yes it's great to finally win the league again but the season isn't just about the league and the CL and we have let the domestic cups go again far too cheaply.  Yet again, when another Wembley final rolls around at the end of the season, we won't be contesting it.

The team was certainly good enough.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #9226 on: March 3, 2020, 09:45:37 pm »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.  The team he picked wasnt good enough to win the game meaning yet again we crash out of another domestic cup competition just a few days after City sweep up another one.

Yes it's great to finally win the league again but the season isn't just about the league and the CL and we have let the domestic cups go again far too cheaply.  Yet again, when another Wembley final rolls around at the end of the season, we won't be contesting it.

:butt 'Disgusting.' We had three quarters of our backline, Fabinho, Mane and several players who usually make the bench. The players were awful tonight, just like they were on Saturday and tonight had seven changes. Fabinho in particular is playing like Fred at the minute. I'm concerned because it seems like a collective underperformance. If we had a few players in form they could drag us out of messes.

As for the domestic cups, I won't give a flying fuck about the FA Cup final as long as Hendo lifts the Premier League title. 8 days from now comes the real challenge.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9227 on: March 3, 2020, 09:45:39 pm »
Looks like the club have switched off and are already on vacation. Chance to regain momentum squandered.

Let's hope Mancs beat City on Sunday so we only need 3 wins. Should be able to manage that.  :o

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9228 on: March 3, 2020, 09:46:37 pm »
I'm sorry but this was a disgusting team selection from Klopp.  The team he picked wasnt good enough to win the game meaning yet again we crash out of another domestic cup competition just a few days after City sweep up another one.  Why on earth didn't Alison play? Keepers don't need resting!

You should write a strongly worded letter to Klopp.

We'll just be having some sort of parade at the end of the season, whatever could it be for I wonder?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9229 on: March 3, 2020, 09:47:28 pm »
This again. Different personnel.

Am i wrong?

Yeah because this is what happens at evrey fuckin' club in evrey football mad country. Liverpool aren't the exceptions.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #9230 on: March 3, 2020, 09:52:10 pm »
Five poor performances in a row is concerning, regardless of how we are doing before then. Very strange that practically every player has turned into a mistake prone one. We have now been losing in four consecutive games, and lost three of them.

We need to beat Bournemouth to get some momentum for the Atletico match.

Of course. My point is it’s concerning every season, we always pull out of it though. Could be training is currently hammering fitness, like we did on the warm weather trips, and the results will probably be similar. A month of poor results, then the team kicks into high gear.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Goobs10

• Main Stander
« Reply #9231 on: March 3, 2020, 09:55:06 pm »

:butt 'Disgusting.' We had three quarters of our backline, Fabinho, Mane and several players who usually make the bench. The players were awful tonight, just like they were on Saturday and tonight had seven changes. Fabinho in particular is playing like Fred at the minute. I'm concerned because it seems like a collective underperformance. If we had a few players in form they could drag us out of messes.

As for the domestic cups, I won't give a flying fuck about the FA Cup final as long as Hendo lifts the Premier League title. 8 days from now comes the real challenge.

Why are you not bothered about the FA cup? It's a major tournament which we should be going all out to win!  I get that it's hard to criticize Klopp but success can only be measured by trophies and Klopp so far has only won 1.  How many have City won in the last few years?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9232 on: March 3, 2020, 09:59:10 pm »
Good chance of winning the league at City now the Palace date is confirmed but we'll have to up our game massively for Everton and City away. Every team is playing out their skin against us at the minute and we're easy pickings.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9233 on: March 3, 2020, 09:59:13 pm »
Why are you not bothered about the FA cup? It's a major tournament which we should be going all out to win!  I get that it's hard to criticize Klopp but success can only be measured by trophies and Klopp so far has only won 1.  How many have City won in the last few years?
ooh, a fresh one here

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9234 on: March 3, 2020, 09:59:54 pm »
When did it become cool not give a fuck about the FA Cup?

I'm gutted, can't understand red who isn't

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9235 on: March 3, 2020, 10:01:48 pm »

I wasn't bothered about the domestic cups when we chose not to sign anyone in the summer. We haven't got the depth City have to go out on all fronts (or the luck of the draws they get). They had a 350 million bench for a cup final on Sunday, we haven't even got cover for Robbo and the front three have been flogged enough as it is.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9236 on: March 3, 2020, 10:03:01 pm »

You're right, I feel the exact same mate. But lets keep this thread on track guys, ta.

Offline Goobs10

• Main Stander
« Reply #9237 on: March 3, 2020, 10:03:49 pm »
I wasn't bothered about the domestic cups when we chose not to sign anyone in the summer. We haven't got the depth City have to go out on all fronts (or the luck of the draws they get). They had a 350 million bench for a cup final on Sunday, we haven't even got cover for Robbo and the front three have been flogged enough as it is.

I do agree with that

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #9238 on: March 3, 2020, 10:06:14 pm »

I'm gutted myself mate, but I have a problem with people whose heads are completely falling off. The amount of cry arsing on here tonight has been embarrassing, though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9239 on: March 3, 2020, 10:09:03 pm »

Its a tough one. They have accumulated a lot of expensive players. I think many will leave with no CL football next season. It's hard to find the right balance. For the most part of the season we have got that balance right. Perhaps 1-2 more players in key areas would help us.