Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3093709 times)

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #19000 on: January 7, 2014, 01:24:30 pm »
Rabbit shooting!

Those rabbits sure can jump high!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #19001 on: January 7, 2014, 01:25:05 pm »
PS would you not agree that losing a final hurts a lot more then losing a semi-final?
I do and good point, but I cant bring myself.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19002 on: January 7, 2014, 01:27:34 pm »
Those rabbits sure can jump high!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17ocaZb-bGg

If someone could embed this I would really appreciate it!
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19003 on: January 7, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »
Thought it was more like Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me, or is it a private joke?

Err... George W Bush?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19004 on: January 7, 2014, 01:30:42 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/17ocaZb-bGg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/17ocaZb-bGg</a>

If someone could embed this I would really appreciate it!

Ah I see. Can't really remember any Loony Toons references so it was lost on me I'm afraid.

And I've embedded too. :)
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19005 on: January 7, 2014, 01:33:47 pm »
Err... George W Bush?...

Ok thanks, fooled thrice then

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19006 on: January 7, 2014, 01:34:53 pm »
Ah I see. Can't really remember any Loony Toons references so it was lost on me I'm afraid.

And I've embedded too. :)

cheers mate, I just watched it through and I can't stop laughing. "you are a dirty dog"  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #19007 on: January 7, 2014, 01:37:00 pm »
ditto.....would rather they lose on the bigger stage of Wembley than go out now....wouldnt even bother me if they won it - as this would give his allies ammo/justification to keep him there......and we want him to stay there as long as fuckin possible!

How on earth would it be a good thing for United to win a trophy? Do people realise just how dumb that reads?

Maybe we should hope he finishes above us in the league and wins the European Cup? He'd be sure to stick around then. The reason its good that Moyes is at United is because he wins fuck all. Hope he loses in both legs - he's not going anywhere.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19008 on: January 7, 2014, 01:43:48 pm »
How on earth would it be a good thing for United to win a trophy? Do people realise just how dumb that reads?

Maybe we should hope he finishes above us in the league and wins the European Cup? He'd be sure to stick around then. The reason its good that Moyes is at United is because he wins fuck all. Hope he loses in both legs - he's not going anywhere.

Yep, don't want them to get to Wembley either, forget them getting screwed by Man City, I hope Sunderland do it over these two legs.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rafa4eva

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19009 on: January 7, 2014, 01:49:33 pm »
Luckily, I actually think moyes will be given next season as well unless he manages to get utd into the relegation places, which I hope he achieves but not even he could manage that ... And Since gollum has openly declared European progression is unlikely this season :) then getting van Persie back will be key if they want to try and get into the top 4, however if this continues into next season he should be worried.

Anyway keep supporting him manc fans, keep hold of this fergie blessed appointment for as long as you can, as I am loving it as he's outperformed what I had hoped him from so far ! :)

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #19010 on: January 7, 2014, 01:50:59 pm »
people wanting United to actually win a trophy are very strange to say the least.

Not only it would be fuckin United picking up a trophy, but it would also be the bog eyed fucking Gollum actually winning something in his career.

Going to a final and getting spanked by City?  I could live with that, but then again, a final is a one off so literally anything can happen regardless of who's playing.

Out on penalties in the semi is the way to go.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19011 on: January 7, 2014, 01:53:51 pm »
cheers mate, I just watched it through and I can't stop laughing. "you are a dirty dog"  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Off topic, but "experts" say we're affected by the violence we see on TV, movies, games. Well, I grew up watching cartoons like this, and we just saw Daffy Duck get shot 20 times in 4 minutes. Didn't turn even 0.001% of us into murderers though.   :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #19012 on: January 7, 2014, 01:55:25 pm »
Off topic, but "experts" say we're affected by the violence we see on TV, movies, games. Well, I grew up watching cartoons like this, and we just saw Daffy Duck get shot 20 times in 4 minutes. Didn't turn even 0.001% of us into murderers though.   :)
Speak for yourself.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19013 on: January 7, 2014, 01:58:38 pm »

I was too busy laughing to think of murdering anyone!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19014 on: January 7, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »
Speak for yourself.
Well you're the 0.0001%  :P
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19015 on: January 7, 2014, 02:05:06 pm »
For those who say they want United to win the League Cup, we'll see how you feel about that when they're climbing the steps at Wembley to lift a trophy, its never a good site. Just remember back to when we were in the doldrums and won the competition, it genuinely annoyed them despite the fact we were miles off them. Its all well using logic to back up your assertions, but as I said when it comes down to it natural instinct will kick in we don't like to see them happy, never.

Wise words young man.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #19016 on: January 7, 2014, 02:11:36 pm »
Yep, don't want them to get to Wembley either, forget them getting screwed by Man City, I hope Sunderland do it over these two legs.
I'd rather we played United in the final actually. Sunderland are a bit of a bogey team for us. United aren't.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19017 on: January 7, 2014, 02:13:05 pm »

PS would you not agree that losing a final hurts a lot more then losing a semi-final?

Sometimes, in fact most times I guess it does. Although I felt way worse when we lost to Chelsea in 2008 than when we did to Milan in 2007.

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19018 on: January 7, 2014, 02:14:13 pm »
For those who say they want United to win the League Cup, we'll see how you feel about that when they're climbing the steps at Wembley to lift a trophy, its never a good site. Just remember back to when we were in the doldrums and won the competition, it genuinely annoyed them despite the fact we were miles off them. Its all well using logic to back up your assertions, but as I said when it comes down to it natural instinct will kick in we don't like to see them happy, never.

Exactly. They can get to the final and lose by all means. I don't mind that. But I agree, anyone saying they wouldn't mind a United win is mental.

Do people really want to see scenes like this on their back pages?

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: January 7, 2014, 02:29:23 pm by Durlmints »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19019 on: January 7, 2014, 02:15:07 pm »
Exactly. They can get to the final and lose by all means. I don't mind that. But I agree, anyone saying they wouldn't mind a United win is mental.

Do people really want to see scenes like this on their back pages?

I don't even want to see it on these pages ;)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19020 on: January 7, 2014, 02:15:28 pm »
people wanting United to actually win a trophy are very strange to say the least.

Not only it would be fuckin United picking up a trophy, but it would also be the bog eyed fucking Gollum actually winning something in his career.

Yep, never underestimate the momentum a trophy win can bring, even if it is one of the less glamorous or even if they're lucky in winning it.  Personally I'd like to see them dumped out of everything sharpish.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19021 on: January 7, 2014, 02:17:30 pm »
Sometimes, in fact most times I guess it does. Although I felt way worse when we lost to Chelsea in 2008 than when we did to Milan in 2007.

No way.  Losing the final in 07 when it was there for the taking was a killer.  Chelsea was bad, granted, but not up there with actually losing the trophy when it was within grasp & when we should really have won the final.

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19022 on: January 7, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »
I don't even want to see it on these pages ;)

Haha! Is there anyway to give things Spoiler/NSFW/Hover-over-toggle-view?

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #19023 on: January 7, 2014, 02:20:03 pm »
I can kind of seeing where these people wanting strategic Utd wins are coming from but I cannot, I physically cannot,

I want them to lose every game they play, I do not want them or Moyes getting to Wembley. They will not sack him during the season despite what happens (please don't quote me on this in a months time!) so I hope they fall into mid-table obscurity like we did for several years, have there squad picked at by vultures as there big names jump ship like we did. It'll only take one season out of the CL in my opinion for it to happen.

Their squad is very average, very old (especially the defence) and needs to be completely rebuilt. If they do not make the CL they will not be able to rebuild how they want (not to mention Rooney would be out of there and RVP is showing his usual frailties)  because football is a fickle business and the top elite players it'd need to make their side challengers once more would not be willing to drop out of the CL to play for David Moyes. That'd mean another season for them with below par players, challenging the big boy money bags (sound familiar Liverpool fans?) which is near on impossible and put them another year back.

Mark my words, I know we had H+G who screwed us over but it's turning into an all too familar tale.

We have been fortunate this season because we have a very good manager, and players who have all performed amazingly well. This combined with many clubs above us changing managers at the same time and buying poorly     

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #19024 on: January 7, 2014, 02:21:07 pm »
An Everton fan just sent this, seems they are enjoying this as much as we are...

5 men sitting in a bar: Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Brendan Rodgers, Roberto Martinez and David Moyes

The first round of beers was on Mourinho, he bought a Portuguese beer for each of the others. The second round was on Rodgers, he bought everybody a Magners. The third round was on Wenger, he bought everybody a glass of red wine. The fourth round was on Martinez who bought everyone a San Miguel, except for Moyes.

Then Moyes said ‘Hey guys what about my pint?’ Martinez looked at him and said ‘Sorry David, this is the fourth round, and you're not in it’
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19025 on: January 7, 2014, 02:22:39 pm »
No way.  Losing the final in 07 when it was there for the taking was a killer.  Chelsea was bad, granted, but not up there with actually losing the trophy when it was within grasp & when we should really have won the final.

Somehow I was reasonably 'ok' about the Milan defeat. After 2005 I guess they owed us and although we were the better team it felt like the 2 finals balanced themselves out. I also had complete confidence that we'd be back in another final soon.

In 2008 the manner of defeat to Chelsea was very tough to stomach. The Riise og in the first leg. Then flighting back but losing in extra time. With a chance to beat United in the final had we won. I felt sick after that one.

Going way off topic, apologies!

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #19026 on: January 7, 2014, 02:24:56 pm »
Haha! Is there anyway to give things Spoiler/NSFW/Hover-over-toggle-view?

Yes

Spoiler
Just put it inside spoiler quotes like the ones you'll see before and after this text if you quote this post.
[close]
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #19027 on: January 7, 2014, 02:27:34 pm »
I can kind of seeing where these people wanting strategic Utd wins are coming from but I cannot, I physically cannot,

If were second in the league, Chelsea are ahead by a point, its the last game of the season and its the Chelsea vs the Mancs you would want the Mancs to win ;)
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Durlmints

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19028 on: January 7, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »
Yes

Spoiler
Just put it inside spoiler quotes like the ones you'll see before and after this text if you quote this post.
[close]

Cheers Nessy!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #19029 on: January 7, 2014, 02:29:12 pm »
If were second in the league, Chelsea are ahead by a point, its the last game of the season and its the Chelsea vs the Mancs you would want the Mancs to win ;)

Clearly you would want a draw then. We have better Goal Difference.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19030 on: January 7, 2014, 02:31:10 pm »

Except you just know their captain would play in the Chelsea centre forward via a back pass to seal the defeat & hand Chelsea the title!

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19031 on: January 7, 2014, 02:37:07 pm »
people wanting Utd to win a trophy?

strange times indeed.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #19032 on: January 7, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »
Except you just know their captain would play in the Chelsea centre forward via a back pass to seal the defeat & hand Chelsea the title!

Hahahaha forgot about that!
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #19033 on: January 7, 2014, 02:45:22 pm »
The whole point of "Operation Moyes" is that United never wins a trophy again.

The Cap Cup wouldn't save him if the owners want to get rid.
Either they'll finish top four and keep him on or they'll finish outside the top four, in which case they'll have to back him or sack him. Winning a pot in February won't make any difference to the decision they'll have to make in May.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #19034 on: January 7, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »
:lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19035 on: January 7, 2014, 02:45:57 pm »

They'd definitely throw the game if that happened.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #19036 on: January 7, 2014, 02:55:55 pm »
Utds current plight can only be solved by the Glazers.

It all depends on whether or not they want football success or are happy to milk the club dry which is what they appear to be doing.

If they tick the club over then it will cost a fortune just to keep in the top 4 but if they have ambition to win things then Moyes has to go and massive investment is required.

It's great to watch them unravel before our very eyes  ;D

I've watched the great sides of the 60's 70's and 80's and i won't lie to you saying it has hurt like mad these last 20 years with the odd exception (Istanbul  ;D ;D ) so i take great pleasure in this years shenanigans at the pit. Long may it continue
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19037 on: January 7, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »
Desperation at Defcon 3 in the "Can we get 4th" thread.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/can-we-get-4th.381901/
fucking hell, their top thread is "Your preference for the next Manager?"

haha, rats on a sinking ship comes to mind.
it's hilarious how fickle their fan base is and how soon they've given up on Moysey, even though the performances have been poor.
they're still only 5 points off 4th, but it seems the humiliation of that is just too much for them.
I think there's a lot of spoilt mancs out there who will need to learn some patience and humility in the coming years, much like we had to.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #19038 on: January 7, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »
Moyes will go to Sunderland and play for a draw and get them back to OT. That's his nature.

Sunderland need to recognize that, break down their defense and score a few times.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19039 on: January 7, 2014, 03:09:25 pm »
I'd rather we played United in the final actually. Sunderland are a bit of a bogey team for us. United aren't.

I was like that in 2007 after we beat Chelsea in the semi finals. Reckon we would have beaten Man Utd if we'd have played them instead of Milan. Still, it was funny watching them get hammered 3-0 at the San Siro. Like Nick, the defeat in he final hurt 'less' than it might have done.

Still, Man Utd are horrible bastards, I would rather they get nowhere near any finals. I can see your point of view though (if you beat West Ham :P)
« Last Edit: January 7, 2014, 03:29:25 pm by Hazell »