Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3093722 times)

Offline Thelittlesthobo

• "Maybe tomorrow, I’ll find what I call home. Until tomorrow, you know I’m free to roam."
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #18960 on: January 7, 2014, 11:33:16 am »
The suarez comment was flippant.  Although stranger things have happened.

Anyhow the point was that even offering £120m for bale they didnt get him.  Clubs in the PL are rich enough to manipulate the sales so that their own players cant go to direct rivals.  UNLESS of course the player has a buy out clause (Not a talk to clause) and the player decides thats where he wants to go.

I really think Man Yoos best chance is to go in this Jan with some stupid bids for 2-3 players.  I mean if they want fabregas then its a case of offering £50-£60m to make them cash in.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18961 on: January 7, 2014, 11:34:10 am »
agree with all of this but its not really any different to our situation, if we don't get top 4 we lose Suarez and were back to square 1, the only saviour would be the Suarez sale would give us money to spend but its still hard to attract the players needed without the champions league football. Hopefully we make it and they don't because i think it would take them years to rebuild without champions league.

Absolutely true, but then we're starting from a lower position arent we? We weren't champions last season.

We're also much more settled as a club, we have a young squad, with an established manager who has us on generally and upwards trajectory.

Utd have a squad in need of an overhaul with a manager who is dragging them down to his level having been thrust in to one of the most difficult jobs in football, that being replacing Ferguson and all that comes with it.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18962 on: January 7, 2014, 11:38:07 am »
Anyhow the point was that even offering £120m for bale they didnt get him. 

They DIDN'T offer £120m. Do you seriously believe that? It was spin.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18963 on: January 7, 2014, 11:48:27 am »
Absolutely true, but then we're starting from a lower position arent we? We weren't champions last season.

We're also much more settled as a club, we have a young squad, with an established manager who has us on generally and upwards trajectory.

Utd have a squad in need of an overhaul with a manager who is dragging them down to his level having been thrust in to one of the most difficult jobs in football, that being replacing Ferguson and all that comes with it.

Any idea of the average age of the respective first 18's? I'll work it out later, just doing an essay today. I believe with players like Coutinho, Sturridge, Allen, Henderson, Sakho, Mignolet, Sterling, Alberto, Flanagan, Kelly - then potentially the likes of Sinclair and Ibe who have all more than likely yet to peak- we have the means of a very youthful squad.

Suarez, Lucas, Enrique with more time at the top but perhaps entering their peaks- all still have at least 4-5 seasons to give at the absolute top.

The only real age in our squad is Gerrard at 33 and Toure at 32. With 29 year olds in abundance in Johnson, Skrtel and Agger - but perhaps one or two of those are in line to be replaced?

Then you have Suso/Assaidi/Wisdom if they make it after coming back from loan - only Assaidi is 'old' but still has 6-7 years left at the complete top of his game.

Suarez going in the summer would be a ball of aches, but we certainly seem to be building with an eye for the future, and I think the quality of our squad is growing exponentially as some of the younger players improve naturally. I know the Mancs have younger players as well, but overall, I'm sure we have the more youthful squad, looking more into the future, and I disagree that this season is certainly our final throw of the dice as it is made out by some panic stricken fans.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2014, 11:50:24 am by Hij »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18964 on: January 7, 2014, 12:01:13 pm »

Im not so sure it's the average age of their squad so much as it is the average age of their key players.

They've plenty of early-mid twenties players in their squad. But they're not really what youd consider to be their main guys. There's plenty of young blood like Cleverley, Smalling and Wellbeck in there. Thankfully.

Ferdinand
Vidic
Carrick
Evra
Van Persie

Basically the spine of their team is all 30+. Their go to guys.

And thats without factoring in Rooney (seemingly) wanting out.

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #18965 on: January 7, 2014, 12:01:37 pm »
From Barclay the arl c*nt.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/manchester-united-at-251-that-still-looks-tempting-9012379.html

Having ventured, on the season’s eve, a fancy for Manchester United to retain the Premier League title under David Moyes, I cannot deny that the past few months have involved some internal embarrassment.

Nor does one impressive win at Aston Villa suddenly fill me with hope of an unlikely vindication. All I’ll say is that dying embers have been sufficiently fanned to prompt a search of the odds and that the most generous, the 25-1 Ladbrokes were offering this morning, caused a degree of temptation.

If United beat West Ham at Old Trafford on Saturday, which Moyes will expect and Sam Allardyce fear, they will be only seven points behind Arsenal and five behind Chelsea as they wait for London’s leading candidates to damage each other at the Emirates on Monday night. There are, of course, also Manchester City and Liverpool to consider as England, for once, revels in the most open and fascinating title race of all the major European Leagues.

Twenty points separate first from eighth in Spain. In Germany it’s 21, in Italy 23. Here it’s 10 — and everyone’s aware that both United and Moyes (when with Everton) have habits of gaining momentum in the second half of a season.

Other factors gather. Although Moyes (above) didn’t impress in his first transfer window, the need to panic next month is reduced by not only the emergence of Adnan Januzaj but the weekend return to the central midfield of Darren Fletcher; if he and a fit-again Michael Carrick can be reunited on a regular basis, this department will no longer be considered a serious weakness.

Up front, Danny Welbeck’s display at Villa Park emphasised that United, with Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie, can compete with even City and a Liverpool led by Luis Suarez.

But the defence? It was a failure to hear the creaks that led me to make that forecast. So how wrong was I? We’ll see.
Skinny, baldy fucking Quilt.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18966 on: January 7, 2014, 12:02:19 pm »
Money talks, as does United's name.

Thats the key thing though mate. So often now players are signed for clubs by Directors of Football without a manager actually being installed. Players follow the £ signs plus United are a hugh global name, regardless of which idiot they have in charge.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #18967 on: January 7, 2014, 12:05:08 pm »
Would love them to do a 'Leeds'. Although funnily enough if they did, it might be the kick up the arse The Premier League/FA need to sort out whats rotten in the game. Fit & Proper owners, reduced ticket prices etc.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18968 on: January 7, 2014, 12:12:35 pm »
There's plenty of young blood like Cleverley, Smalling and Wellbeck in there. Thankfully.

For them or for us ? ;D

Ferdinand
Vidic
Carrick
Evra
Van Persie

Basically the spine of their team is all 30+. Their go to guys.

And thats without factoring in Rooney (seemingly) wanting out.

True. Certainly will be interesting how it goes.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18969 on: January 7, 2014, 12:15:28 pm »
For them or for us ? ;D

For us, they're nowhere near ready enough to replace those 30+ players like for like.

Which means they'll have to buy in players to replace them, which will cost a damn sight more money.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18970 on: January 7, 2014, 12:17:01 pm »
Thats the key thing though mate. So often now players are signed for clubs by Directors of Football without a manager actually being installed. Players follow the £ signs plus United are a hugh global name, regardless of which idiot they have in charge.
Pretty much how I see it, they are a huge club and the modern footballer is a mercenary (as in the past - just more so) and they will attract players, Christ they did when we were on top and they were mid table shit. We can only hope they attract the wrong players BUT never underestimate their potential shitness whilst Moyes is their manager.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #18971 on: January 7, 2014, 12:34:29 pm »
To be fair they are still in the champions league, and are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, only five points adrift of top four.

If they can convince players that it's just a blip, and that Moyes isn't as shite as he is - then it's still a possibility that they can sign top players if they have the £££.

David Moyes could manage Bayern Munich to middle of this league though let's be honest. No worries.

And most top players will be cup tied for this year's competition. If Mata joined United he would be joining a club that might not be able to offer Champions League next season but definitely can't offer it this season.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #18972 on: January 7, 2014, 12:36:17 pm »
United PR machine in full swing again - however we all remember the summer window...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline NaivetyinBlack

• Suffers from performative anxiety.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18973 on: January 7, 2014, 12:45:36 pm »

:D

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #18974 on: January 7, 2014, 12:46:35 pm »
Never thought I'd see the day Liverpool fans wishing victory for Man Utd so the manager can keep his job. Is this real life or just a fantasy?
Its grade A wumming, no way can I see any LFC fan hoping United win if it doesn't directly effect us. Natural instinct will kick in, lose, lose and lose again.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #18975 on: January 7, 2014, 12:48:48 pm »
Hope they get battered.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #18976 on: January 7, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »
United PR machine in full swing again - however we all remember the summer window...

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

Well I`m fucked here trying to work out who`s been fooled.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #18977 on: January 7, 2014, 12:54:42 pm »
Well I`m fucked here trying to work out who`s been fooled.
Its a W quote. One of his finest.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #18978 on: January 7, 2014, 12:54:53 pm »
Have to say would like to see them get a result tonight. Need a win to keep the Moyeish hanging in there as long as possible.

ditto.....would rather they lose on the bigger stage of Wembley than go out now....wouldnt even bother me if they won it - as this would give his allies ammo/justification to keep him there......and we want him to stay there as long as fuckin possible!
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #18979 on: January 7, 2014, 12:56:41 pm »
ditto.....would rather they lose on the bigger stage of Wembley than go out now....wouldnt even bother me if they won it - as this would give his allies ammo/justification to keep him there......and we want him to stay there as long as fuckin possible!

Got to have extra time and penalties in the semi final though.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #18980 on: January 7, 2014, 12:59:23 pm »
A loss is preferable tonight but a draw will be nice too with Borini grabbing the winner or equaliser in the last 5 mins.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #18981 on: January 7, 2014, 12:59:24 pm »
Desperation at Defcon 3 in the "Can we get 4th" thread.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/can-we-get-4th.381901/

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18982 on: January 7, 2014, 01:02:14 pm »

Thought it was more like Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me, or is it a private joke?
« Last Edit: January 7, 2014, 01:03:51 pm by L12 »

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18983 on: January 7, 2014, 01:03:52 pm »
Pretty much how I see it, they are a huge club and the modern footballer is a mercenary (as in the past - just more so) and they will attract players, Christ they did when we were on top and they were mid table shit. We can only hope they attract the wrong players BUT never underestimate their potential shitness whilst Moyes is their manager.

Of course they can and will continue to attract players, especially if - a big if - they are willing to offer big wages for enough players.

The question is the overall standard of the squad they are entering for a rebuild -  whether it would be enough to challenge for the big prizes going into the future.   Over the past twenty years we have had some excellent players too...don't even ask how many titles we got to show, we can easily count title challenge we have had. 

They need to do a lot of things right.  Their transition is in many more ways than one -- CEO, manager, team spine and squad.  And they are not managing at all, as if whatever they do they will continue to stand on their perch.  That's what non-caring, nonplussed owners do to a club.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #18984 on: January 7, 2014, 01:05:13 pm »
Thought it was more like Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me, or is it a private joke?

Guess you're not a Who fan.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #18985 on: January 7, 2014, 01:05:56 pm »
Its grade A wumming, no way can I see any LFC fan hoping United win if it doesn't directly effect us. Natural instinct will kick in, lose, lose and lose again.

Nope, I think in terms of the long term and in the long term its better that the Mancs get at least to the league cup final. Its extra games for them to play, players may need to be rested in the league for the final which can benefit us in the league. Plus a trophy will help keep Moyes in the job which is better for us in the long run.

Any time I (and probably anyone else who shares my thoughts) wants the Mancs to win a game it is only for our own self interest. There is no symapthy for them or whatever involved.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #18986 on: January 7, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »

It is.

Never heard the other one before.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18987 on: January 7, 2014, 01:08:35 pm »
Is that the theme for CSI?

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #18988 on: January 7, 2014, 01:08:50 pm »

There's a poster who has somehow worked out that Us and Man Utd have a 40% chance, Spurs 12% chance and Everton an 8% chance of getting 4th :lmao
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #18989 on: January 7, 2014, 01:10:19 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ux3DKxxFoM
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #18990 on: January 7, 2014, 01:11:31 pm »
For those who say they want United to win the League Cup, we'll see how you feel about that when they're climbing the steps at Wembley to lift a trophy, its never a good site. Just remember back to when we were in the doldrums and won the competition, it genuinely annoyed them despite the fact we were miles off them. Its all well using logic to back up your assertions, but as I said when it comes down to it natural instinct will kick in we don't like to see them happy, never.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18991 on: January 7, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »

We never used to be able to quote threads from the Cafe Rouge. Standards must be slipping or it is just too bloody funny to block?
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18992 on: January 7, 2014, 01:14:06 pm »

The Who? Who are they? Never heard of them  :P

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #18994 on: January 7, 2014, 01:14:59 pm »
We never used to be able to quote threads from the Cafe Rouge. Standards must be slipping or it is just too bloody funny to block?
Its open season

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #18995 on: January 7, 2014, 01:16:12 pm »
Bush fucked it up.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18996 on: January 7, 2014, 01:16:24 pm »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18997 on: January 7, 2014, 01:17:42 pm »
^ george bush jnr

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #18998 on: January 7, 2014, 01:21:02 pm »
For those who say they want United to win the League Cup, we'll see how you feel about that when they're climbing the steps at Wembley to lift a trophy, its never a good site. Just remember back to when we were in the doldrums and won the competition, it genuinely annoyed them despite the fact we were miles off them. Its all well using logic to back up your assertions, but as I said when it comes down to it natural instinct will kick in we don't like to see them happy, never.

Not when its City in the final and they get thumped ;) infact I cannot wait to see them going up the stairs and wembley to collect their losers medals

PS would you not agree that losing a final hurts a lot more then losing a semi-final?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #18999 on: January 7, 2014, 01:24:05 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ux3DKxxFoM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/8Ux3DKxxFoM</a>

I'll embed that for yer.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du