Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3093726 times)

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #18760 on: January 6, 2014, 04:46:33 pm »
I genuinely dont think they'll sack him even if Sunderland beat thrashed them. It's a pride thing. Didn't you know that its a 'United tradition' not to sack their manager?

Yep. He'd have to have a monumental fuck-up to be sacked mid-season, losing to Sunderland wouldn't do it, unless it's a real beating like we gave Spurs.

Going out the League Cup won't hurt United in the wallet, so Glazers and investors won't care. Charlton, Woodward and Ferguson are in charge until United start losing serious money (non-qualification for the CL), and even then he might survive to have at least another 6 months, provided it doesn't get too humiliating. He's here for the foreseeable, until Ferguson admits defeat or moneymen start asking questions...

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18761 on: January 6, 2014, 04:48:00 pm »
If he's still in charge at the end of his contract, he's pulled things around and they're back challenging.

No way he's lasting another year if he keeps this up to be honest.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18762 on: January 6, 2014, 04:49:25 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jan/06/david-moyes-manchester-united-manager-jose-mourinho

When Daniel Taylor writes something negative about United, you know things will change.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18763 on: January 6, 2014, 04:51:12 pm »
hahahahahaha!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18764 on: January 6, 2014, 04:53:24 pm »
Forgot about this PR clap trap as well all the Mancs had as their Facebook picture

:lmao

It certainly does :lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18765 on: January 6, 2014, 04:53:27 pm »
The 5 stages of Loss and Grief

No1(You) - Denial

No2 - Anger

No3 - Bargaining

No4 - Depression

No5 - Acceptance.

You'll go through it 5 times
In RAWK's David Moyes thread

We're here for you Kerry.

Going through the stages multiple times will be good for him, it would almost be like he was running dem laps with the team.

Offline OldBloke

• Kopite
  • In the 5th, my ass goes down.
« Reply #18766 on: January 6, 2014, 04:54:47 pm »
David Moyes is starting to look like a man who's just been told by the vet that he has to put his faithful old dog to sleep.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18767 on: January 6, 2014, 04:55:23 pm »
If he's still in charge at the end of his contract, he's pulled things around and they're back challenging.

No way he's lasting another year if he keeps this up to be honest.
When do people think he will get sacked out of interest? Possibly end of season but I think he'll probably be allowed next season personally
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18768 on: January 6, 2014, 04:58:38 pm »
Ah bollocks, even Daniel Pravda Taylor is turning. Well it was a laugh while it lasted. It'll be hard to get it so spectacularly wrong again. In Giggsy we trust.

Does he have a bad 'indie' haircut? I think he actually commented on a mate's Facebook comment recently, putting United in their place. Maybe he has turned.

Showbiz scoop there.:D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18769 on: January 6, 2014, 04:59:29 pm »
We need to give him our full support - he's only 6 months into his destruction task and it would be awful to see it cut short.

To be fair, he is well ahead of schedule and it won't take him the full six years to wreck them.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18770 on: January 6, 2014, 05:01:09 pm »
When do people think he will get sacked out of interest? Possibly end of season but I think he'll probably be allowed next season personally

He'll be given till next Christmas to turn it around in my opinion.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18772 on: January 6, 2014, 05:03:36 pm »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #18773 on: January 6, 2014, 05:06:06 pm »
This lads not happy "...mugged off by Bony with his big bony head" :lmao

http://youtu.be/PBWHdWCD-eE
This fella want Moyes gone and the job given to Giggs :lmao

http://youtu.be/CtCM-crUGVM

These may have been missed as I posted them at about 4am but they are worth a look if you fancy a little laugh this gloomy Monday evening ;D
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #18774 on: January 6, 2014, 05:07:03 pm »
He won't get sacked. 

He'll be forced to resign.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #18775 on: January 6, 2014, 05:08:56 pm »

I think the share price will take a tumble once people realise the club are unlikely to get top 4. That could start the ball rolling, but he might still be given time to turn it around next season. Missing out on the Champions League in 15/16 would be devastating with the new BT deal kicking in then, so I don't think he'd be given all that long. If he's there next Christmas, he's a very lucky man.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18776 on: January 6, 2014, 05:16:38 pm »

If he carries on like this, fails to get in the CL then I'd be surprised if he's there for the start of next season.

If the deterioration continues and he loses the senior players completely, then he'll be lucky to last the season.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #18777 on: January 6, 2014, 05:18:22 pm »
They'll fail to get top four and he'll get sacked in the summer, back to square one and a year of deterioration thanks to Moyesy.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18778 on: January 6, 2014, 05:21:29 pm »
Maybe if the Glazers re-evaluated in the summer, Ferguson could stick his oar in and convince them that Moyes needs time to implement his own ideas. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #18779 on: January 6, 2014, 05:24:16 pm »
Personally think he will get sacked pretty soon.

Remember they have a new Chairman/CEO.  They have the Glazers as owners.  If the share price continues to decrease the owners will be forced to respond.  Big symbolic changes like management turnaround move markets so it's very likely that the Glazers will use this move soon.  I mean who is there from a footballing perspective to say, 'Listen lads, sometimes managers need time'.

Football is a risky business.  How do you make money?  Realistically, you don't.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18780 on: January 6, 2014, 05:25:15 pm »
Maybe if the Glazers re-evaluated in the summer, Ferguson could stick his oar in and convince them that Moyes needs time to implement his own ideas. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that.
"Look at the time it took me"

"He's just finding his feet"

etc

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18781 on: January 6, 2014, 05:26:40 pm »
He'll probably bid for Koke and end up with Darren Gibson.
Nah anyone who tries to buy Koke ends up with Charlie (Adam).

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #18782 on: January 6, 2014, 05:28:52 pm »
Ah bollocks, even Daniel Pravda Taylor is turning. Well it was a laugh while it lasted. It'll be hard to get it so spectacularly wrong again. In Giggsy we trust.
Think they are pretty much fecked.  Well, as fecked as you can get when you are forced to change managers.

They had the ideal opportunity to get the right man.  Unlike most clubs they knew that the current manager (Ferguson) would retire soon.  They could have planned this from a few years back.  Well, I think they did with Moyes and it's one of the reasons I thought he would do well because he was basically groomed for the job.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson could see this coming from way off.  Cunning to the end the old bastard.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #18783 on: January 6, 2014, 05:37:12 pm »
Think they are pretty much fecked.  Well, as fecked as you can get when you are forced to change managers.

They had the ideal opportunity to get the right man.  Unlike most clubs they knew that the current manager (Ferguson) would retire soon.  They could have planned this from a few years back.  Well, I think they did with Moyes and it's one of the reasons I thought he would do well because he was basically groomed for the job.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson could see this coming from way off.  Cunning to the end the old bastard.

Well that's what happens when you are groomed by an old bastard... you end up getting fucked...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18784 on: January 6, 2014, 05:42:28 pm »
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he engineered this to extend his legacy. He's a director now, but so what if they have a few bumpy years after he leaves, the pressure is off him.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18785 on: January 6, 2014, 05:43:08 pm »

We'll see, but the whole approach they've taken with the appointment is... well, let's call it a massive gamble. Can't believe they sacked the whole coaching staff, put Ferguson high up the organization and brought in someone from the outside. Who hasn't won anything. If he doesn't turn this around, it will be used as an example of what not to do.

For the old guard, didn't they do something similar back in the 70s?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #18786 on: January 6, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he engineered this to extend his legacy. He's a director now, but so what if they have a few bumpy years after he leaves, the pressure is off him.

Sounds like something he'd do.  c*nt of a man.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18787 on: January 6, 2014, 05:45:06 pm »
We'll see, but the whole approach they've taken with the appointment is... well, let's call it a massive gamble. Can't believe they sacked the whole coaching staff, put Ferguson high up the organization and brought in someone from the outside. Who hasn't won anything. If he doesn't turn this around, it will be used as an example of what not to do.

For the old guard, didn't they do something similar back in the 70s?

Wilf McGuinness - look him up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #18788 on: January 6, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »
Quick question based on the debt they are still carrying, how many years can they afford to be outside the Champions League.

I can see a fire sale to cover the loss.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #18789 on: January 6, 2014, 05:45:30 pm »
Stop with the when will Moyes get sacked stuff.

He's there for a few years yet..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #18790 on: January 6, 2014, 05:53:03 pm »
Quick question based on the debt they are still carrying, how many years can they afford to be outside the Champions League.

This is their saving grace.  They are still an enormously rich club that generate a substantial amount of revenue.  The latest deal with GM was absolutely mind-boggling, something like a guaranteed $355m over 8 years.  Financially, they can probably take 3/4 years out of the CL.  But it will make resources more difficult to acquire.  Lucrative sponsorship deals in the future will be unlikely.

But the big positive from their point of view, is that they are so far ahead financially that they can take a season out of the CL.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #18791 on: January 6, 2014, 05:54:00 pm »

Who knows but I'd love to see how much more it wipes off their stock market value!

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #18792 on: January 6, 2014, 05:54:58 pm »

I still cling to the fantasy that Ferguson's last few years helped reduce the debt to the extent where they can survive even in the Europa League and carry on carrying on paying off interest and taking out dividends, so they don't give a shit. I think that's asking too much though ;D
« Last Edit: January 6, 2014, 05:57:27 pm by Hij »

Offline Hank Scorpio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #18793 on: January 6, 2014, 05:55:21 pm »
Just as a comparison when we lost our place in the CL we had a revenue of £184m.  But £154m was consumed by wages and interest payments.  So when we lost that additional revenue from the CL, we were fucked.

Same won't happen to United.

Online Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18794 on: January 6, 2014, 05:55:39 pm »

Four or five? We've been out of the Champions League for a while and our income is nowhere near United's but we haven't had to have a fire sale of players. They may need to look at wage bill but as others have said their income is huge.

They could lose 5-10,000 off their attendance and still have higher match day revenues than us. It wouldn't be pretty (the green and gold scarves would come out again) but it's more likely that they would be forced to spend big rather than have a fire sale.

Unless you mean a fires sale of the club which is a possibility and wouldn't be good news for the rest of us. If another owner were to pick up United for a song they could afford to buy big and get a decent manager.

In the meantime though, David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2014, 05:57:34 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18795 on: January 6, 2014, 05:57:25 pm »
He'll be given till next Christmas to turn it around in my opinion.
I reckon they will too.

Could be enough time for him to fuck them for the foreseeable future aswell.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18796 on: January 6, 2014, 06:03:32 pm »
Pretty much.

David Moyes is the manager of Manchester United.
RIP Cantona's hope.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #18797 on: January 6, 2014, 06:05:04 pm »

As much as its something Ferguson is entirely capable of, I doubt that.

Moyes is apparently his recommendation. He didn't claim that he chose Moyes. But he didn't deny it straight when the OT faithfuls and media darlings claimed moyes to be the chosen one especially if its from their fairy godfather.

Failure of his successor would make him appear great. But success* of his successor would make him look greater.

* definitely not as successful as him. But a portion of it. As long as they are challenging for a cl spot and maintaining a decent runs in the cups and league.

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18798 on: January 6, 2014, 06:08:51 pm »
We should have invited Ole back to work with Phelan, Meulesteen et al. He'd have been our Pep.

A talented young manager that loves the club more than anything, has the respect of all the players and understands everything that the club stands for.

If we kept all the coaches, we'd have had some consistency too. Now we just have, Everton's Manager with Everton's coaches and one of Everton's players while we sit in Everton's position. Fucking shambolic.

:lmao It's funny because it's true.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18799 on: January 6, 2014, 06:10:42 pm »
Where the fuck is Mouth ,not like him to be reveling in their demise.