Author Topic: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here  (Read 115428 times)

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
Re: STH FAN UPDATE - All 'The Dog Ate My ID" in here
« Reply #440 on: July 10, 2020, 02:57:07 pm »
Thanks Graham - I'm getting very twitchy about this.  If I give him the details to make the changes, I worry there is nothing to stop him changing all the details to his own so he can get the ticket back, even though he hasn't paid for it for nearly 30 years.  Equally, I can see why he wouldn't just give me his ID to put through the changes myself, as he doesn't know me.

I'm afraid that the Club have said they won't get involved in disputes - if he decides to keep it they won't reverse that.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #441 on: July 10, 2020, 03:51:58 pm »
Thanks Graham - I'm getting very twitchy about this.  If I give him the details to make the changes, I worry there is nothing to stop him changing all the details to his own so he can get the ticket back, even though he hasn't paid for it for nearly 30 years.  Equally, I can see why he wouldn't just give me his ID to put through the changes myself, as he doesn't know me.

Paul - I totally get your nervousness - why don't you agree to meet up with him offer to buy him lunch a pint etc - bring a laptop along and say we can put it through together then you delete his id in front of him and your in control of the situation. 
Unfortunately can see a few people taking advantage of this.

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #442 on: July 10, 2020, 04:06:04 pm »
Has anybody who has filled in the season ticket change of ownership form heard back from the club yet?

Offline Paul F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #443 on: July 10, 2020, 04:29:13 pm »
I'm afraid that the Club have said they won't get involved in disputes - if he decides to keep it they won't reverse that.
As things stand he doesn't have the ID number, password, registered address, registered phone number, email address or payment history.  He doesn't even know where the seat is.  All he has is his name and DoB.  And legally I don't think he has any comeback, as he transferred the ST to somebody else 30 years ago, rather than just not renew it (as he should have done under his terms).  So, as long as we don't give him any details I don't think he has any route to getting it back.  That's why I'm nervous about involving him in any way (and why I now regret contacting him at all).

Offline Paul F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #444 on: July 10, 2020, 04:31:08 pm »
Paul - I totally get your nervousness - why don't you agree to meet up with him offer to buy him lunch a pint etc - bring a laptop along and say we can put it through together then you delete his id in front of him and your in control of the situation. 
Unfortunately can see a few people taking advantage of this.
  Given geography and COVID, that may not be as straightforward as I'd like it to be, unfortunately.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #445 on: July 10, 2020, 04:50:17 pm »
As things stand he doesn't have the ID number, password, registered address, registered phone number, email address or payment history.  He doesn't even know where the seat is.  All he has is his name and DoB.  And legally I don't think he has any comeback, as he transferred the ST to somebody else 30 years ago, rather than just not renew it (as he should have done under his terms).  So, as long as we don't give him any details I don't think he has any route to getting it back.  That's why I'm nervous about involving him in any way (and why I now regret contacting him at all).

You're not going to get anywhere without his cooperation as you need his ID.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Paul F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #446 on: July 10, 2020, 05:14:16 pm »
You're not going to get anywhere without his cooperation as you need his ID.
It's making me feel physically sick this - one or other of us going to have to make a massive leap of faith here, and I worry that, since he's got nothing to gain, it's going to have to be me.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: July 10, 2020, 09:24:03 pm »
It's making me feel physically sick this - one or other of us going to have to make a massive leap of faith here, and I worry that, since he's got nothing to gain, it's going to have to be me.

I had a similar situation with a membership with 13+.  I eventually got the guy to send a copy of his driving license.  After this failed twice I feared he was going to give up but thankfully he persisted and I've got the name change.  I checked the other day though and the details on the card are only partially changed so I feel the saga isn't over yet

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #448 on: July 10, 2020, 10:33:27 pm »
I am being transferred a season ticket; will I inherit the purchase history on the account?

If you are receiving a transferred season ticket and the original owner is happy for you to inherit their purchase history, you can either:
Inherit all the purchase history currently recorded on the season ticket account, and waive any existing purchases you may hold on another account, e.g. as a Member
Or
Keep your existing purchases (e.g. Premier League away and Cup) and just inherit the season ticket. 

Even if you choose this option, you will still waive any LFC home Premier League purchases recorded, as the season ticket will replace these.
You will not be able to transfer any purchase history to another account.

Just seen this in FAQs - so I want to transfer all my cup matches home and away from my members card to the season ticket I’ve been using.  This appears to cover that?

Offline Down The Banks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2020, 12:01:35 am »
Has anybody who has filled in the season ticket change of ownership form heard back from the club yet?
Not yet, but I only completed the form today.

Although even after reading the FAQ about multiple tickets in one name, I thought the process was confusing. We have two tickets, one to stay in the same name, the other to transfer. I wasn’t sure whether to:
  • Go through the Fan Update portal first and verify the 1st season ticket with an ID and once this has been confirmed, then complete the Transfer of Ownership form for the 2nd ticket; or

• Complete the Transfer of Ownership form only, ignoring the Fan Update portal altogether (because the Transfer of Ownership Form includes an ID section for retaining the 1st ticket); or

• Complete the Transfer of Ownership form then wait for an email and then do the fan update via the portal for the first ticket.
Does anyone know what to do?

I ended up waiting in the queue for about 90 minutes to complete the Fan Update for the 1st ticket via the portal but couldn’t complete it as it said the details were registered to another user (our 2nd ticket!). So then I just so completed the Transfer of Ownership form to try and confirm the identity of the 1st ticket and transfer the 2nd.

I guess I’ll wait to hear whether the transfer has been made for the second ticket and then find out if I have to verify the 1st via the Fan Update portal.

It also doesn’t help that there’s no automated email or even an on screen message to confirm the submission has gone through properly!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 08:34:10 am by Down The Banks »

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #450 on: July 11, 2020, 07:38:28 am »
Looks like they are just focusing on confirming the original ST holder ID at the moment. Hopefully they will start the transfers soon.

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #451 on: July 11, 2020, 08:59:57 am »
I filled in my 'Details not Correct form' yesterday hoping to change the name to mine from a mate who stopped going 20 years ago, can't trace him. Nothing back from them yet.

It didn't help as they advise doing update on your phone when I had adverts for the club shop appearing across the screen whilst filling in the form! The bit you fill in reason for transfer, they fail to say you can only use 50 characters!

I also read the FAQ numerous times, considering 'change of ownership' is likely to be fairly high judging by season ticket holders I know. The form filling part could have been better worded as others have said you feel unsure you are filling it in correctly!

I did however receive a message on the screen at the end thanking me for filling in the form, I agree an automated email confirming receipt would be ideal.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #452 on: July 11, 2020, 09:13:46 am »
I'm not doing a name change but it wouldn't let me process as it says another customer with the same name already exists (I expect my old fancard from before I got a ST). I used the contact us form on Monday and received an automated response with a case number. I received another automated response yesterday with a different case number. No response of substance as yet.
Long live the King

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #453 on: July 11, 2020, 09:44:26 pm »
So has anyone managed to change the name on the season ticket yet?

Offline Campioni 84

• Kemlynite
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2020, 10:28:58 am »
So has anyone managed to change the name on the season ticket yet?
I very much doubt it, still early days in what can be quite complex & time consuming matters. I submitted mine on Friday, no response so far.

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: July 12, 2020, 10:40:54 am »
Considering the complexity of a lot of name changes and situations, The form is poor. They need to have an alternative option if you don't have a death certificate or ID of the named holder.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2020, 03:34:53 pm »
Considering the complexity of a lot of name changes and situations, The form is poor. They need to have an alternative option if you don't have a death certificate or ID of the named holder.

I would imagine once they go through the process you will get a call to explain the ins and outs of your situation , I have a death certificate but no letter off next of kin

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2020, 07:59:35 pm »
Going to be a lot of complex situations for the club to sort, worried the August 14th deadline won't be enough time to sort them all, if behind closed doors continue into next season might be a blessing for the ticket office.

Offline Mike_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #458 on: July 12, 2020, 08:50:58 pm »
Got a response from them, and they said I will have to apply for a citizens card. Extra £30 i could do without at the moment. I just hope that goes smoothly.

Offline JohnOK

• Main Stander
« Reply #459 on: July 12, 2020, 09:10:42 pm »
Going to be a lot of complex situations for the club to sort, worried the August 14th deadline won't be enough time to sort them all, if behind closed doors continue into next season might be a blessing for the ticket office.

Yes that 14th August deadline seems too soon as I can’t imagine everyone will be sorted out by then

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: July 12, 2020, 09:17:08 pm »
Got to imagine there’ll be some who don’t even hear about it or act! Especially if there’s a few with differing contact details to what the club have etc

Hopefully everyone who should get sorted does Get sorted and a few are taken back from more dubious sources

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #461 on: July 12, 2020, 09:39:19 pm »
So if you want to transfer ownership you click details are incorrect and then do a transfer of ownership form which needs the ID of the person uploaded?  Once they do I can then go in and ask for my history to be transferred and produce my ID?

Bloke is in Australia but happy to transfer and will provide me whatever I need but process isn’t very simple to follow and don’t want to get it wrong!!

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2020, 11:02:43 am »
LFC have advised me if any ST holder cannot attend a game you can get someone you nominate to use your seat a maximum of 3 times a season.

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2020, 11:14:22 am »
LFC have advised me if any ST holder cannot attend a game you can get someone you nominate to use your seat a maximum of 3 times a season.

I used that for the Norwich game this season. Had to ring/ema the ticket office with details of my friend, he had to bring relevant ID with him & my season ticket was deactivated. He got a paper ticket & there was a £10 admin fee.

Offline Chris H

• Anny Roader
  • Spion Kop 1906
« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2020, 11:34:11 am »

Where is this confirmed and why only 3 times? What if you go halfies on a seasie with someone?
@SpionKop1906

All donations welcome. All funds raised through sales go straight into the flag fund for future flags and banners.

Offline koppite118

• Main Stander
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2020, 11:44:55 am »
Cause that's what they advised me I'm doubtful you can go halves with someone contact the club see what response you get.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2020, 11:45:24 am »
Where is this confirmed and why only 3 times? What if you go halfies on a seasie with someone?

Purely speculation, but based on the communication and actions done by the club recent year; my thoughts would be for a future scenario:

Anyone that has the much sought after season ticket; should have it in their own name - and go to the vast majority of the matches. If you don't have the possibility to attend the match; you will have a limited number of matches you can either transfer it to a friend with fancard/sell it back to the club. If you attend a limited amount of matches, some people will have to give up their season ticket due to the financials or the club will take it back. You can how argue how fair such an arrangement would be; but the club wants turnaround on the non-used season tickets and they want to open the closed shop
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2020, 01:42:21 pm »
Got a response within 5 minutes of completing it saying my fan update has been verified.

Happy days  :)
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2020, 02:04:52 pm »

So are they doing away with the Ticket Exchange option for ST's? Don't think that would go down well with Members as it takes away the LA sale.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2020, 02:18:47 pm »
So are they doing away with the Ticket Exchange option for ST's? Don't think that would go down well with Members as it takes away the LA sale.

I don't think they'll be doing that as it makes them money. I think this is just an option for you to give your card to a mate a few times a year so they can go instead of giving the ticket back to the club.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2020, 02:32:03 pm »
I don't think they'll be doing that as it makes them money. I think this is just an option for you to give your card to a mate a few times a year so they can go instead of giving the ticket back to the club.

Sounds like it and that’s what happens in practice anyway

When I get one and if I can’t go I’d always want to be able to Offer it a mate first and then sell it back if they can’t go.

Only time they should perhaps not allow that is cat A matches where there’s a 4+ match selling criteria

In practice though how many old cat A’s don’t get attended by the STH?!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2020, 02:37:32 pm »

They have always had a 3 times rule if anyone bothered to ask or go down the official route of passing the ticket on then you get told this most times you speak to someone

If you go halfies on a seasie then I'd imagine you'll lose it within a few years once you've been stopped and ID'd on several occasions with the wrong person attending without informing the club

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2020, 02:47:45 pm »
Shared season tickets is covered (sort of) in the FAQs. Solution to be discussed with fan forum.

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/tkt-fu-stfaq-i-share-a-season-ticket-with-a-member-of-my-family-friend-what-do-we-have-to-do
Long live the King

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2020, 02:54:01 pm »
They have always had a 3 times rule if anyone bothered to ask or go down the official route of passing the ticket on then you get told this most times you speak to someone

If you go halfies on a seasie then I'd imagine you'll lose it within a few years once you've been stopped and ID'd on several occasions with the wrong person attending without informing the club

But how do they enforce this - ID check every single person entering the stadium for every match from now on?

Offline Down The Banks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2020, 03:55:03 pm »
Not yet, but I only completed the form today.

Although even after reading the FAQ about multiple tickets in one name, I thought the process was confusing. We have two tickets, one to stay in the same name, the other to transfer. I wasn’t sure whether to:
  • Go through the Fan Update portal first and verify the 1st season ticket with an ID and once this has been confirmed, then complete the Transfer of Ownership form for the 2nd ticket; or

• Complete the Transfer of Ownership form only, ignoring the Fan Update portal altogether (because the Transfer of Ownership Form includes an ID section for retaining the 1st ticket); or

• Complete the Transfer of Ownership form then wait for an email and then do the fan update via the portal for the first ticket.
Does anyone know what to do?

I ended up waiting in the queue for about 90 minutes to complete the Fan Update for the 1st ticket via the portal but couldn’t complete it as it said the details were registered to another user (our 2nd ticket!). So then I just so completed the Transfer of Ownership form to try and confirm the identity of the 1st ticket and transfer the 2nd.

I guess I’ll wait to hear whether the transfer has been made for the second ticket and then find out if I have to verify the 1st via the Fan Update portal.

It also doesn’t help that there’s no automated email or even an on screen message to confirm the submission has gone through properly!

Update: I’ve now heard from the club with this:“Hi please be advised you must submit the fan update first for both season tickets in the original names. Then submit the change of ownership for one of the tickets via this form http://ddsk.co/Ccaig

When I try this, I still get an error message saying “another customer with the same details already exists”!

Such a mess.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 04:40:06 pm by Down The Banks »

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2020, 04:15:42 pm »
But how do they enforce this - ID check every single person entering the stadium for every match from now on?

They already do plenty of spot checks on members cards, if you got stopped 3 or 4 times in 2 seasons out of a possible 50 odd games and weren't the person on the card then you're gonna be in trouble, even more so after fan update

Offline RedSue

• Anny Roader
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2020, 06:59:02 pm »
Update: I’ve now heard from the club with this:“Hi please be advised you must submit the fan update first for both season tickets in the original names. Then submit the change of ownership for one of the tickets via this form http://ddsk.co/Ccaig

When I try this, I still get an error message saying “another customer with the same details already exists”!

Such a mess.

So if you want to change you go in and confirm details are correct and load ID, then do the transfer of ownership?

Offline Down The Banks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2020, 08:23:16 pm »
So if you want to change you go in and confirm details are correct and load ID, then do the transfer of ownership?

That's what the club have said but when I tried that originally I got the message “another customer with the same details already exists”. I still do.

Offline Shauniboy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2020, 08:58:50 pm »
Did my update lunchtime today got a tick on driving licence pic, all seemed fine not heard a word from them, but others have had confirmation. Got mates who need to do name change who are really worried about doing wrong thing.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2020, 06:51:20 am »
managed to complete id 4 th time said keep id on a dark background with 4 corners little gap.No e mail confirmation yet yet but did say could be a few days.