Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2793461 times)

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
not sure if it’s Abu Dhabi but they’re looking at building an indoor arena (a few thousand more than the main arena is now) around the etihad stadium, genuinely don’t see the point of doing that with a very well established one a few miles away in a much better location (which I think were looking to expand it), you could argue that a 7-10k one would be a good idea (a lot of the boxing at Manchester arena only uses the lower tier), something the size of the copper box in London (around 7k from memory) would be really good for boxing, basketball, smaller concerts but that’s a bit mad, even if I do like the look of it

https://www.eastlandsarena-consult.com/

I think that company is a US company, they are behind the arena for the new NHL team that’s coming to Seattle.

But it’s such a ridiculously frivolous idea, like you say the city has an established arena.

And yes - IF they where to build one, make it far smaller capacity. Manchester used to have an ice hockey team that got good support, but couldn’t sustain playing at the large arena in town. So now Manchester’s ice hockey team plays at a dump of a rink in Altricham that was supposed to just be a temporary structure. If a company wants to bring in a new arena to that city, make it one that has an ice floor, and can house a hockey team.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They're going to get away with this. I can see it now.

https://twitter.com/GaryJamesWriter/status/1270728429747556353/photo/1
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They're going to get away with this. I can see it now.

https://twitter.com/GaryJamesWriter/status/1270728429747556353/photo/1
why, it was always a three day hearing

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
  • Can I tell you the story of a poor boy
The quickness of the decision alludes to one of 2 scenarios;

1) overwhelming evidence and the guilty verdict is easy to attain

2) Absolutely no evidence and no case to answer.
One day, it will happen

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
3. They have threatened non-stop legal action against UEFA and named individuals, this happened to one of the UK athetics bodies which went skint and folded. Maybe just good old fashioned bribery, when you have the money they have then you have many options.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
The quickness of the decision alludes to one of 2 scenarios;

1) overwhelming evidence and the guilty verdict is easy to attain

2) Absolutely no evidence and no case to answer.

There’s no decision and there won’t be until July.

This is just the hearing stage.

It’s also worth noting that this is not a case of guilty vs not guilty, it’s not even a case of whether UEFA have reached the correct decision.

The CAS appeal is based on whether or not UEFA have followed correct procedure in reaching their decision ( not whether or not following that procedure resulted in reaching the correct decision.) the distinction is quite a fine one but it can make a big difference in what the eventual result is.

The city fan quoting it on Twitter is talking absolute bollocks as the two things are completely different. UEFA collected evidence over a period of time and then cross checked that evidence before arriving a a decision (which he didn’t like.) There was no ‘hearing’ period for UEFA as UEFA were not making a legal decision, they were making an internal one which is now being challenged in its legality hy City.

Offline BondysNiners

• Main Stander
  • Can I tell you the story of a poor boy
There’s no decision and there won’t be until July.

This is just the hearing stage.

It’s also worth noting that this is not a case of guilty vs not guilty, it’s not even a case of whether UEFA have reached the correct decision.

The CAS appeal is based on whether or not UEFA have followed correct procedure in reaching their decision ( not whether or not following that procedure resulted in reaching the correct decision.) the distinction is quite a fine one but it can make a big difference in what the eventual result is.

The city fan quoting it on Twitter is talking absolute bollocks as the two things are completely different. UEFA collected evidence over a period of time and then cross checked that evidence before arriving a a decision (which he didn’t like.) There was no ‘hearing’ period for UEFA as UEFA were not making a legal decision, they were making an internal one which is now being challenged in its legality hy City.

I was referring to the short period until the CAS give their verdict, 3-4 weeks is very short for a very complex case like this.
One day, it will happen

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97

I was referring to the short period until the CAS give their verdict, 3-4 weeks is very short for a very complex case like this.

Only takes 3-4 weeks for some dodgy shadow company to make a few financial offers and the decision will be set.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan

As you touch on in your original post, the complexity of the case depends on the facts and the evidence.

Honestly, money talks, both UEFA and City want this decided in good time before next season’s CL and therefore it will be.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
It’s not a complex case is it though?

They aren’t appealing against the decision, just whether the uefa investigating panel and Referring panel followed procedure properly. Isn’t that right?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
It’s not a complex case is it though?

They aren’t appealing against the decision, just whether the uefa investigating panel and Referring panel followed procedure properly. Isn’t that right?

Exactly, its not as if they've ever denied the emails are genuine.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Exactly, its not as if they've ever denied the emails are genuine.

That's always the thing that I've wondered why no-one in the press has made a big deal out of it.

The main gripe is that the emails were obtained illegally. I'd have thought this would be in every story, you know given how the media hate city and all journos are Liverpool fans 🧐

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
That's always the thing that I've wondered why no-one in the press has made a big deal out of it.

The main gripe is that the emails were obtained illegally. I'd have thought this would be in every story, you know given how the media hate city and all journos are Liverpool fans 🧐

To be fair some journalists have, remember the one who asked the question of Guardiola in that PC? There have been some others too, Delaney has done quite a few on this subject. As in all things some journalists don't like to rock the boat or they feel they will get pushed out, if they ask too many awkward questions. I also get the impression that some are a bit thick and maybe don't understand the financial aspect of it. Basically, everyone knows they are guilty as charged, lets see what happens.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
To be fair some journalists have, remember the one who asked the question of Guardiola in that PC? There have been some others too, Delaney has done quite a few on this subject. As in all things some journalists don't like to rock the boat or they feel they will get pushed out, if they ask too many awkward questions. I also get the impression that some are a bit thick and maybe don't understand the financial aspect of it. Basically, everyone knows they are guilty as charged, lets see what happens.

I know Delaney has been the most vocal. But everytime I read "city are arguing the emails were obtained illegally" the piece should be making more of that.

Anyway, they'll get off. I'm sure of it

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
I know Delaney has been the most vocal. But everytime I read "city are arguing the emails were obtained illegally" the piece should be making more of that.

Anyway, they'll get off. I'm sure of it

“My Lord, my client doesn’t deny that his fingerprints are on the gun, but argues that the sneak who told the police where the gun was, acted illegally and is a big grass!”
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Graham Dunbar
@gdunbarap

At the end of the 3-day hearing, CAS confirms 2 of the 3 judges also sat on the first Man City appeal that dismissed  attempts to throw out UEFA's case on procedural grounds.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Guardiola moaning about his players having to return to playing so soon. I'm sure he'd be saying exactly the same if his team were 25 points clear.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Bless them, have they had less time than the rest of the teams or something? Or is it just because he's realised how fat they all are from lockdown?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Graham Dunbar
@gdunbarap

At the end of the 3-day hearing, CAS confirms 2 of the 3 judges also sat on the first Man City appeal that dismissed  attempts to throw out UEFA's case on procedural grounds.
Means nothing.

They were considering a different question.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Guardiola moaning about his players having to return to playing so soon. I'm sure he'd be saying exactly the same if his team were 25 points clear.

He's had 3.5 weeks. How fucking long does he want?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Manchester City are, of course, unique in having to return to playing football after 3 months off.  Everyone else has been playing a competitive match or two a week like normal.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

Somebody isn't confident about playing Arsenal.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
This new coach Lilo ......Assuming it isn't a stitch up, will either make their next phase or break them.

Some Say he might make Guardiola stay on, others say that he so intransigent in his tactics that it might cause issues.

It will be interesting.  Maybe he replaces Pep in a year??
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
This new coach Lilo ......Assuming it isn't a stitch up, will either make their next phase or break them.

Some Say he might make Guardiola stay on, others say that he so intransigent in his tactics that it might cause issues.

It will be interesting.  Maybe he replaces Pep in a year??

Number of teams Lillo has managed or coached since 2000: 13
Hasn't stayed for two years with any.  Hasn't stayed at a club for more than two years in 25 years

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Hasn't stayed for two years with any.  Hasn't stayed at a club for more than two years in 25 years

Should suit City just fine then. 

Popcorn's Art

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
In one hand he doesn’t need to as pep will only stay another year.

On the flip side, it’s a bit odd isn’t it....?
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
In one hand he doesn’t need to as pep will only stay another year.

On the flip side, it’s a bit odd isn’t it....?

Probably keeps Guardiola there for another season and then he goes

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
This new coach Lilo ......Assuming it isn't a stitch up

Don't try to sneak that pun under the carpet. Be proud of your puns. Embrace your inner Big Dick Nick  (oo-er missus, etc etc.)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not making excuses for this malarkey..
but I reckon this must've been the supporters dancing to a pre-game song on the tannoys or something?
Maybe some Oasis?

Enjoy

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Clp8vDZZ4Tg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Clp8vDZZ4Tg</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Seriously it's shocking how much we've broken this lot.   :o

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Enjoy

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Clp8vDZZ4Tg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Clp8vDZZ4Tg</a>

Every time I see that, I feel some of my brain cells die.

Please - somebody think of my brain cells.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)

Funny as fuck, getting his excuses in early!

“You can play a game after three weeks of holidays but we were two [months] of holidays lying on the sofa, doing nothing much, and that’s why the players are not fully fit. But we have to start and we have to finish the season because the damage economically to all clubs must be as little as possible.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jun/16/pep-guardiola-says-manchester-city-players-not-prepared-for-hectic-schedule

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
If only he’d thought to have coaching staff email at home fitness regimes to the players.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Don't try to sneak that pun under the carpet. Be proud of your puns. Embrace your inner Big Dick Nick  (oo-er missus, etc etc.)
Rumbled ;D

W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
If only he’d thought to have coaching staff email at home fitness regimes to the players.

Was about to say the same :D

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
“You can play a game after three weeks of holidays but we were two [months] of holidays lying on the sofa, doing nothing much, and that’s why the players are not fully fit"

Not sure Kyle Walker got the memo Pep

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

*Batistuta nod*