Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 152107 times)

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #1800 on: June 18, 2021, 12:30:34 am »
you mean 'mess' like season 19/20 when Alisson got injured and Adrian played 11 Premiership Matches and ended the season with a Premiership winners medal?
He's a terrific, humble lad and clearly a good personality fit for the squad, and he did amazingly well when initially called upon.

His errors also knocked us out of the FA Cup and CL within a week, and as many posters have said is not the person you want to depend on more than the odd game or half a game even. The abuse he received on here at that time -from people who rarely single out individuals- was considerable.

Personally, I wouldn't want him anywhere near the backup role, so if as is being reported that he'll be 3rd choice there shouldn't be too much to worry about hopefully.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1801 on: June 18, 2021, 12:52:49 am »
The abuse he received on here at that time -from people who rarely single out individuals- was considerable.
Yeh that describes me, the only player I've dug into. I hold may hands up to that; I was particularly pissed off at the time, but it's not an valid excuse. I wouldn't do it now.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1802 on: June 18, 2021, 01:07:46 am »
Yeh that describes me, the only player I've dug into. I hold may hands up to that; I was particularly pissed off at the time, but it's not an valid excuse. I wouldn't do it now.
You weren't alone mate, I did it too.

Still think about what might have been if he'd just cleared that back pass to the CL stands.

Like you though, I wouldn't lay into him now the way I did at the final whistle back then. I'm sure quite a lot of us would do the same too.

He reminds me of Moreno, a genuinely likable lad, just limited in his capacity.

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #1803 on: June 18, 2021, 04:55:18 am »
He was training by his self in the park, rarely gets a game.

I could not ask more of the lad.

Keep living the dream lad  :champ
Why was my post deleted?

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #1804 on: June 3, 2023, 09:32:38 pm »
So, it turns out that Adrian is actually really wholesome. He's just set up a charity that helps disadvanted kids and immigrants. Turns out, he's also doing his coaching badges with us.

https://theathletic.com/4571735/2023/06/02/adrian-liverpool-the-13-family/?source=weeklyemail&campaign=602288

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: June 3, 2023, 10:00:58 pm »
He's clearly doing a great job to earn another contract, and just seems a lovely guy. Well done Adrian. He's a quality 3rd choice keeper.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: June 30, 2023, 06:09:43 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1674825160191356929

Adrian has signed a contract extension that will see him remain with the Reds for the 2023-24 season.