C 5: Betty Blue
20 (10.8%)
C 6: Trendisnotdestiny
10 (5.4%)
C 6: Chakan
20 (10.8%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: February 2, 2018, 12:59:48 pm

Author Topic: All-time Football Draft - Groups A, B, & C - Matchday 3  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
All-time Football Draft - Groups A, B, & C - Matchday 3
« on: February 1, 2018, 12:59:48 pm »
Welcome to RAWK's second ever restrictionless all-time football draft (the last one was 7 years ago!). Each drafter was tasked with building a team in their own image by picking their choice of any players to have ever played football.

Please judge the following matches on which team you believe would win in a 90 minute game of football, rather than on individuals -

____________________________________________Group A_________________________________________________________________

Samie & Prof                                       V                                           Xxavi

------------------

vivabobbygraham                                          V                                      Djozer         

_____________________________________________Group B_______________________________________________________________

XabiArt                                            V                                              Lastrador   

------------------

Nick                                                 V                               KingLuis   

___________________________________________________Group C_________________________________________________________

Hazell                                              V                                         Betty Blue   

------------------

Trendisnotdestiny                                       V                                           Chakan

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
Re: All-time Football Draft - Groups A, B, & C - Matchday 3
« Reply #1 on: February 1, 2018, 07:19:31 pm »
No love for adventure I see?

:'(  :'( :'(

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2 on: February 1, 2018, 07:19:34 pm »
Ah, well, some obviously didn't get Hidegkuti's influence on my attack and thought it weak. Seems like you need a more modern headline act so will bear in mind for the future. Enjoyed it immensely though. Well done all
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 1, 2018, 07:23:43 pm »

How badly are we losing mate?  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2018, 07:24:38 pm »
Ah, well, some obviously didn't get Hidegkuti's influence on my attack and thought it weak. Seems like you need a more modern headline act so will bear in mind for the future. Enjoyed it immensely though. Well done all

Don't worry mate the best things about the drafts is the shite talk and the team building, the games are are an afterthought.  :wave

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2018, 07:39:22 pm »
Still time for you to turn it round in this match, mate. Your lads are a good outfit, though I'd like to think my boys have a touch more about them and can see this one out.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2018, 08:27:26 pm »

I gave you that game because Dunga would physically destroy Platini. Plus you had Crazy Horse. And Hagi + Gazza would probably get the better of Davids and Edwards (Hagi was a tough nut). John Charles at the back is the weak spot in Djozer's team, though. That's a hipster pick I just couldn't get on board with ;D

Better looking than Samie.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: February 1, 2018, 09:12:58 pm »
I gave you that game because Dunga would physically destroy Platini. Plus you had Crazy Horse. And Hagi + Gazza would probably get the better of Davids and Edwards (Hagi was a tough nut). John Charles at the back is the weak spot in Djozer's team, though. That's a hipster pick I just couldn't get on board with ;D

John Charles the weak spot? Mate. I'm not denying my team's without it's weaker points (though I have full confidence in each and every one of the lads etc etc) but Charles is not one of them. Mind you, I would expect no less from a man who took Bodo Illgner as his first round pick in an all time draft. ;) I'm not angry, PoP, but I am beyond disappointed. Tsk.

In fairness, I reckon Bobby's side would give us a good game but I think we could take them over the 90. Juventus' greatest ever foreign player would be imperious at the back and score a couple of meaty headers from set pieces just to put the naysayers like yourself back in their boxes.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 1, 2018, 09:18:43 pm »
Yeah but it's 1940s/50s John Charles, against Hidegkuti, the first False Nine ;D

I think he'd have had the same problems as Billy Wright did for England :)

If you'd stuck him up front though, I might have given you that game ;D ;D ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 1, 2018, 09:20:00 pm »
That will be PoP's legacy on RAWK. Not the great post's or the informative training methods he spoke about but picking Bodo Illgner in Round 1 of an All Time Draft.  ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 1, 2018, 09:21:41 pm »
That will be PoP's legacy on RAWK. Not the great post's or the informative training methods he spoke about but picking Bodo Illgner in Round 1 of an All Time Draft.  ;D

A gorgeous Goalkeeper.

Yous are all philistines.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11 on: February 1, 2018, 09:23:22 pm »

;D

Almost as good as Carlos Alberto with an A.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 1, 2018, 11:07:31 pm »
Is this a good time to make our confession?  We were trying to go for the famous championship manager Italia 94/95 edition, 2-3-1-4 formation.  But Samie got cold feet and bottled signing our intended third striker, Jimmy Greaves, and went with Jimmy Johnstone instead.

Imagine that front three... Muller, Batigol, Greaves.  The best strikers ever from Germany, Argentina and Britain.  Supported by Gento (best left winger ever) and Kaka with our midfield three of two all round playmaker/controllers and Mascherano to protect the imperious back three of Neuer, Wright and Schwarzenbeck.

It's a bit disappointing no one took the time to even give us feedback as we felt we'd built the perfect 2-3-1-4 (can we pretend it's Greaves through the middle instead of Johnstone on the right?)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #13 on: February 1, 2018, 11:13:03 pm »
Is this a good time to make our confession?  We were trying to go for the famous championship manager Italia 94/95 edition, 2-3-1-4 formation.  But Samie got cold feet and bottled signing our intended third striker, Jimmy Greaves, and went with Jimmy Johnstone instead.

Imagine that front three... Muller, Batigol, Greaves.  The best strikers ever from Germany, Argentina and Britain.  Supported by Gento (best left winger ever) and Kaka with our midfield three of two all round playmaker/controllers and Mascherano to protect the imperious back three of Neuer, Wright and Schwarzenbeck.

It's a bit disappointing no one took the time to even give us feedback as we felt we'd built the perfect 2-3-1-4 (can we pretend it's Greaves through the middle instead of Johnstone on the right?)

I would have voted for you had you taken Greaves.

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 1, 2018, 11:18:49 pm »
I would have voted for you had you taken Greaves.
See Samie?  When you go all out attack, you have to go with everything and not hold back.  Imagine Klopp putting a side like that out!  It'd be like a whole new level of heavy metal football.  Like Disaster Area from the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy  ;D
« Last Edit: February 1, 2018, 11:21:33 pm by Prof »

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 1, 2018, 11:41:19 pm »
If nothing else, I'd like to see what Jonathan Wilson and Michael Cox would say about the return of the 2-3-5.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 1, 2018, 11:51:39 pm »

Praise indeed coming from you, PoP. I'll take that

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 1, 2018, 11:52:51 pm »
Don't worry mate the best things about the drafts is the shite talk and the team building, the games are are an afterthought.  :wave

I've loved the craic mate. As you say, it's the best part of it

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 1, 2018, 11:55:41 pm »

Bold move. Set the tempo for the banter at the very least

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 1, 2018, 11:58:11 pm »

In fairness, I reckon Bobby's side would give us a good game but I think we could take them over the 90. Juventus' greatest ever foreign player would be imperious at the back and score a couple of meaty headers from set pieces just to put the naysayers like yourself back in their boxes.

Baresi would have dealt with that, crazy horse would have cracked a few welsh gags and Puyol would have just chinned him on the qt

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: February 2, 2018, 12:05:03 am »
If nothing else, I'd like to see what Jonathan Wilson and Michael Cox would say about the return of the 2-3-5.

Well seeing as they got the "decline of the back three" spectacularly wrong, I'd say they would say some nonsense about it that doesn't have any connection to the actual game ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 2, 2018, 12:35:09 am »
Baresi would have dealt with that, crazy horse would have cracked a few welsh gags and Puyol would have just chinned him on the qt
Na man, Baresi's a living god, but he wouldn't have touched Il Buono Gigante in the air and if Puyol tried it on then Davids and Di Stefano would just kick him a few times until he stopped moving. Gazza might have been an issue if he fancied it, but Platini would be dancing a jig around Dunga before feeding it through to my front three, no worries.

Mind you, seems like you've got your concubines in on the voting act so this one might end up being pretty tight...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 3, 2018, 09:52:14 am »
Na man, Baresi's a living god, but he wouldn't have touched Il Buono Gigante in the air and if Puyol tried it on then Davids and Di Stefano would just kick him a few times until he stopped moving. Gazza might have been an issue if he fancied it, but Platini would be dancing a jig around Dunga before feeding it through to my front three, no worries.

Mind you, seems like you've got your concubines in on the voting act so this one might end up being pretty tight...

Outrageous slur. You will hear from my lawyers. I take great pride in being one of the least popular posters on RAWK, a reputation I have cultivated over the years and this hint of popularity and self promotion in the positive cannot be allowed to go unchallenged, D.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2018, 09:53:55 am by vivabobbygraham »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 3, 2018, 09:58:09 am »

The fix was in early in this group; to be expected in a group containing a Barca fan