Author Topic: Mascherano  (Read 220380 times)

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mascherano
« Reply #80 on: January 1, 2007, 10:00:15 am »
'Gah'? Gay, more like.

;D

First laugh of the new year

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 1, 2007, 04:49:24 pm »

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 1, 2007, 10:44:21 pm »
chance of this happening, about 100-1, even though I think Rafa rates him highly and might be seriously interested if he was still in La Liga and the player wasn't owned by an agency (MSI) rather than a club

a) can't see Rafa getting involved with MSI, and I can't see any way they're going to relinquish ownership of the player for a paltry £5m, they could well have paid more than that, they'll loan him around Europe until he finds his feet and they can make serious money on him

b) we don't need him, and if we did get him it would probably signal the end of Alonso's stay here (so not exactly a gain is it) and I don't have the feeling that that is going to happen anytime soon

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #83 on: January 2, 2007, 06:28:49 pm »
That's laughable on so many levels, but I'm particularly interested to know these Malian footballers who are better than Momo...

Traore?  ;D
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 3, 2007, 08:48:50 am »
Benitez cleared for Argentine - if he wants himJan 3 2007

By Ian Doyle, Liverpool Daily Post

JUVENTUS have ended their interest in West Ham United's Javier Mascherano - leaving the path clear for Liverpool to move for the midfielder.

But Rafael Benitez has not yet decided whether to press ahead with his attempts to sign the £6million-rated Argentina international.

Mascherano is seeking a way out of Upton Park and has made just seven appearances, playing only six minutes in the past two months.

Representatives of the 22-year-old recently held talks with Italian outfit Juventus after being ruled out of new West Ham manager Alan Curbishley's plans, but the Serie B side have now ended negotiations.

Benitez remains keen on Mascherano but, with Bolo Zenden closing on a return to fitness and Momo Sissoko targeting a February comeback, the Spaniard will soon have ample midfield resources.

There is also the significant obstacle of whoever signs Mascherano having to request special dispensation from FIFA, with regulations preventing the midfielder from playing for another club this season after also appearing for Brazilian team Corinthians.

Mascherano signed a four-year contract with West Ham on transfer deadline day in August, but he and compatriot Carlos Tevez have failed to impress.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=benitez-cleared-for-argentine-%2D-if-he-wants-him%26method=full%26objectid=18373435%26siteid=50061-name_page.html
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline MoMo is BOSS

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: January 3, 2007, 09:13:49 am »
Personally I'd love us to sign Mascherano but it's no coincidence that Juve have pulled out (also West Ham's new owner saying he wouldn't of touched the deal with a barge-poll if he was in charge at the time) the poor mans got probably the worst set of representatives ever. If he's available with no strings attached we should go in for him, £6-7million is a bargain for a player of his quality plus we'd struggle big time in the middle if Xabi or Stevie get injured. Zenden for me will make way if this deal somehow goes through.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 3, 2007, 11:37:10 am »
Personally I'd love us to sign Mascherano but it's no coincidence that Juve have pulled out (also West Ham's new owner saying he wouldn't of touched the deal with a barge-poll if he was in charge at the time) the poor mans got probably the worst set of representatives ever. If he's available with no strings attached we should go in for him, £6-7million is a bargain for a player of his quality plus we'd struggle big time in the middle if Xabi or Stevie get injured. Zenden for me will make way if this deal somehow goes through.

100% spot on for me.

When I said earlier I'd love for him to sign for us I'd completely forgotten about his 'situation' regarding representation and ownership. His owners wouldn't sell at a loss- no way- so maybe they're looking to loan him out to a big name club, get his profile up a bit so they can make some money off of him. Fuck that scenario. Liverpool to loan him for say 6 months, with a view to buy outright- or nothing. I don't think we'd have the funds to buy him outright in Jan?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #87 on: January 3, 2007, 11:37:26 am »
chance of this happening, about 100-1, even though I think Rafa rates him highly and might be seriously interested if he was still in La Liga and the player wasn't owned by an agency (MSI) rather than a club

a) can't see Rafa getting involved with MSI, and I can't see any way they're going to relinquish ownership of the player for a paltry £5m, they could well have paid more than that, they'll loan him around Europe until he finds his feet and they can make serious money on him

b) we don't need him, and if we did get him it would probably signal the end of Alonso's stay here (so not exactly a gain is it) and I don't have the feeling that that is going to happen anytime soon

Absolute codshit.  How on earth would Mascherano's arrival signal Xabi's departure? Different kind of players.  Mascherano's a defensive midfield player, in the mould of Makelele....and something we really need - especially when Momo's injured.  Fuck Zenden!  2 Quality players for each position are what is required....and with Mascherano still with a bit to prove in the Prem, he won't mind bench warming for us. A DM on the bench is something we have been missing since Blinky left.  How much did we need a sub like that vs Spurs away? would surely have eased things a little.
If we can get him off MSI for a decent amount (and therein end their 'ownership' - surely this should be made illegal?) then a great deal would this be.

Offline Kop

• Anny Roader
  • Lurky McLurker
« Reply #88 on: January 3, 2007, 11:45:55 am »
The MSI thing certainly is fucked up and besides any talk of whether he is good enough, i shudder at the thought of signing him and them still 'owning' him.  Any deal would have to be buying him in full none of this bollocks that WHU got themselves involved with.
Once bitten twice shy.

NEVER trust a known LIAR.

Offline anil

• Kopite
« Reply #89 on: January 3, 2007, 11:58:52 am »
Absolute codshit.  How on earth would Mascherano's arrival signal Xabi's departure? Different kind of players.  Mascherano's a defensive midfield player, in the mould of Makelele....and something we really need - especially when Momo's injured.  Fuck Zenden!  2 Quality players for each position are what is required....and with Mascherano still with a bit to prove in the Prem, he won't mind bench warming for us. A DM on the bench is something we have been missing since Blinky left.  How much did we need a sub like that vs Spurs away? would surely have eased things a little.
If we can get him off MSI for a decent amount (and therein end their 'ownership' - surely this should be made illegal?) then a great deal would this be.

Why would Mascherano, a mainstay in the Argentine national team come to a team where he is a first choice benchwarmer?  In spite of his time with West Ham, I believe his stock is still high.  Tevez too.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 3, 2007, 12:03:12 pm »
Why would Mascherano, a mainstay in the Argentine national team come to a team where he is a first choice benchwarmer?  In spite of his time with West Ham, I believe his stock is still high.  Tevez too.

Good point. But if he wants to stay in the Prem- and go to one of the top 4 sides at that- he's got to expect to be a bench warmer until he proves his worth surely? He has to know that he's not proved himself yet, and can't expect to walk into a side with 3 of the best CM in the league- 2 of which are world class.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline a partridge in seat_5c

• blames English football
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: January 3, 2007, 01:22:17 pm »
Absolute codshit.  How on earth would Mascherano's arrival signal Xabi's departure? Different kind of players.  Mascherano's a defensive midfield player, in the mould of Makelele....and something we really need - especially when Momo's injured.  Fuck Zenden!  2 Quality players for each position are what is required

they might be different types (slightly) but they both play in the same position

if you think either Mascherano or Xabi would be happy only playing 30 games a season I think you're deluded

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 3, 2007, 01:37:02 pm »
Did you know there is a rule by Fifa that states if a player is fit and have not been selected for a subs appearance for more than 4 games then they can go to there respected FA and ask for there contract to be canceled and made void, they and FIFA will then consider and look at the situation and if they consider the player be of the quality to be able to at very least be a substitute for the team then they will accept the players proposal......

Gabriele Marcotti was talking about months ago and how it goes on allot in Italy and how you just basically blackmail the club into selling you by saying sell me or I get my contract made void.

Don't know if Mascherano makes the bench at West Ham but it would not take Fifa to long to come to a decision about his quality compaired to other West Ham midfielders.

and if a player is out of contract does the 3 club rule still come into effect? if it does then why are teams even looking at him at the moment?

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #93 on: January 3, 2007, 01:39:46 pm »
they might be different types (slightly) but they both play in the same position

if you think either Mascherano or Xabi would be happy only playing 30 games a season I think you're deluded

They could play together with Marcherano more withdrawn and Alonso in a more advanced position. In fact that is the set up Real Sociedad had with Alonso when they were close to winning la Liga. But Liverpool would need a lot of goalscoring contribution from wingers and the two forwards as neither of the two are great goalscorers.
But in terms of ball possesion that would be the best partnership in CM.
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 3, 2007, 01:50:43 pm »
Alonso has been playing a more advanced role since Gerrard moved back into the middle
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 3, 2007, 02:52:14 pm »
Alonso has been playing a more advanced role since Gerrard moved back into the middle
Definitely, that has gone under the radar with most people.

I think the blend in there now is great and is far less defensive minded despite the clean sheets.

Offline peer

• Main Stander
« Reply #96 on: January 3, 2007, 10:02:37 pm »
Some in me says yes, some no.  He's the kind of player like Alonso or Sissoko. And 2 of them is enough i think. It's not like the Kaka style. Gerrard is also more an attacking midfieldplayer with ideas, Alonso and Sissoko more the workers as is Mascherano.
But for 5 million as it is suggested it is no risk for money.
I would like to see a player like Deco or Kaka, a player with ideas, a player with flair, technical ability's as the 4th midfieldplayer.

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #97 on: January 3, 2007, 10:23:34 pm »
will they take Diao part-ex?
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: January 3, 2007, 11:07:45 pm »
Some in me says yes, some no.  He's the kind of player like Alonso or Sissoko. And 2 of them is enough i think. It's not like the Kaka style. Gerrard is also more an attacking midfieldplayer with ideas, Alonso and Sissoko more the workers as is Mascherano.
But for 5 million as it is suggested it is no risk for money.
I would like to see a player like Deco or Kaka, a player with ideas, a player with flair, technical ability's as the 4th midfieldplayer.

I'd rather stick with Zenden than see Deco here actually. No I'm not on drugs/havin a laugh- Deco's just way to over rated. No question about Kaka though- the man's amazing and would be a brilliant signing. Never going to happen though.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 3, 2007, 11:09:31 pm »
as has been mentioned here, i think it would be a very good deal if we got him on a six month loan deal from their owners. i mean, the owners would want him to play at a high profile club so as to increase his worth and sell him at a profit. and staying at west ham won't exactly help his case. the only real competitors, juventus, has stepped out of the deal. i think it would be a good deal if the details were feasible.

however, the details are unknown to us and am sure that is what broke the deal with juventus. the complications regarding to player ownership and playing with several clubs already this term will surely put rafa off.

however, let's see. i have a fair feeling we might land him. but then i have had that feeling for many a player ;)

Offline kkhaku

• Kaladze
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter: k_rrar
« Reply #100 on: January 3, 2007, 11:57:11 pm »
I haven't seen enough of him to judge, but my first impression is that we should be aiming a little higher than players who cant get a game at West Ham.

Rafa might be able to mould him into something special, but is he going to be happy with the occasional once a month start? Doubt it.
"God is dead." - Freidrich Nietzsche, 1882
"Nietzsche is dead." - God, 1900

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 4, 2007, 12:01:21 am »
Done the paper round up on SSN a sec ago and the back of the Star (Yeah I know) had "Let me Jav my dream move" or some shitty headline like that with a bit about him begging Fifa to let him move. Not sure if it'll have any quotes or whatever but there you are.

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 4, 2007, 08:58:19 am »
Mascherano demands move

Unhappy West Ham United midfielder Javier Mascherano has demanded a move away from Upton Park.

Mascherano is unhappy with his lack of first-team football and is keen to move on in a bid to get his career back on track.

The Argentine international has hardly had a look-in under Alan Curbishley and he believes he has no choice but to seek a move.

"I must get out of here. I cannot stay at West Ham any more like this, without playing," said Mascherano.

"At my age, my game will only stagnate if I do not get the chance to play.

"I came to England to do well, but I have not had the opportunities necessary to show what I can do.

"If I am not playing in the West Ham team, I will have to leave to continue my career with another side."

Liverpool could be ready to rescue Mascherano from his West Ham nightmare, with reports suggesting they are lining up a move for the 22-year-old.

From Sky; the only quotes I could find. 

But seems pretty certain he wants out and soon.

I for one would welcome him.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #103 on: January 4, 2007, 09:19:57 am »
Hello people! Resident hammer here :wave

Just to let you know, that from our camp, we're saying he's going nowhere. Shame though, i can't understand why he's not getting a chance.

Oh well.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #104 on: January 4, 2007, 09:49:08 am »
Apparently according to the BBC he is going to speak with FIFA to see if he can get special dispensation to move clubs.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 4, 2007, 09:59:46 am »
Hello people! Resident hammer here :wave

Just to let you know, that from our camp, we're saying he's going nowhere. Shame though, i can't understand why he's not getting a chance.

Oh well.

Marcus, you got any idea of who actually 'owns' him? and what the deal was with this agency and West Ham? Joint-ownership or are West Ham sort of trying-before-they-buy or some such nonsense.

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #106 on: January 4, 2007, 11:04:19 am »
Marcus, you got any idea of who actually 'owns' him? and what the deal was with this agency and West Ham? Joint-ownership or are West Ham sort of trying-before-they-buy or some such nonsense.

From what we know, we have them on 4 year deals. However, we make next to no profit when we sell them on, as the fee would go to MSI. But we will get something, as we are paying the wages.

Apparently according to the BBC he is going to speak with FIFA to see if he can get special dispensation to move clubs.

From what i've gathered, they can only get 'dispensation' in special circumstances. Not being played is not one of them!
However, h may be allowed to move to Italy, as he has an Italian passport from his mums side, supposedly.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 4, 2007, 11:06:33 am »
Taken from the Daily Star:

On the Deal they say:
"Liverpool have virtually agreed a deal with MSI, who own Mascherano, which will mean the Hammers not Collecting a penny of any transfer fee" .......they go on to quote a source about it.

Regarding FIFA allowing him to move they say:
"there is a belief that the 22-year old will be given the go-ahead to leave because he has appeared so infrequentlyfor the Upton Park outfit." 

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 4, 2007, 11:43:00 am »
Piece by Bascombe in the echo

Benitez eyes up double swoop

Jan 4 2007

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are closing in on January targets Lucas Neill and Javier Mascherano - with an Anfield board meeting today expected to open the door to their arrival.

As the DIC takeover saga nears a successful conclusion at Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is seeking a swift completion of deals which have been a priority for several months.

The Reds boss wants the players in place early during the transfer window, and hopes there will be no delays which may prove costly to his plans.

Both Neill and Argentinian Mascherano are ready to move to Anfield, but the finishing touches are still to be put in place.

Clearly there is a balancing act for the board as they juggle immediate concerns with the long-term strategy of the prospective owners, but the manager is in need of new recruits this month.

Story continues Continue story
ADVERTISEMENT

Benitez is also hoping to complete a deal for 16-year-old James McCarthy for £100,000 from Hamilton Academicals.

Central midfielder Mascherano's transfer would initially be a loan until the end of the season, which could become permanent if he adapts more successfully at Liverpool than he has at West Ham.

Benitez has identified the 22-year-old as a quality cover for Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso as the Reds enter a crucial period with Momo Sissoko still on the treatment table.

Despite suggestions Mascherano can't play for three clubs in the same season, in fact, he's only played for one during this campaign.

The South American season ended on December 31, 2005, before Mascherano joined West Ham in the summer of 2006.

However, any move would still have to be ratified by FIFA.

Mascherano has made it clear he wants to move to Liverpool, and a deal has been agreed with his representatives Media Sports Investments.

Neill is another player who hopes he's played his last game for his current club.

The Aussie defender is suspended for this weekend's FA Cup third round at Goodison Park, and Benitez hopes to have him on board in time for Liverpool's Premiership game at Watford.

Neill would also be eligible for the Champions League, because new rules state at least one player in a squad list who's played in the UEFA Cup can also feature in the premier competition.

As in August, his hopes depend on how keen Blackburn are to hold onto a player nearing a Bosman.

Mark Hughes still wants to sign Stephen Warnock as part of a swop deal. Warnock is also attracting the attention of Sunderland, but would clearly prefer to remain in the Premiership.
http://game2.mafiadeath.com/r/35526.php
MafiaDeath Username: gabrown

Offline Simon C

• witty wording
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tries to post intelligently and normally fails..
« Reply #109 on: January 4, 2007, 11:43:16 am »

Benitez eyes up double swoopJan 4 2007

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are closing in on January targets Lucas Neill and Javier Mascherano - with an Anfield board meeting today expected to open the door to their arrival.

As the DIC takeover saga nears a successful conclusion at Liverpool, Rafa Benitez is seeking a swift completion of deals which have been a priority for several months.

The Reds boss wants the players in place early during the transfer window, and hopes there will be no delays which may prove costly to his plans.

Both Neill and Argentinian Mascherano are ready to move to Anfield, but the finishing touches are still to be put in place.

Clearly there is a balancing act for the board as they juggle immediate concerns with the long-term strategy of the prospective owners, but the manager is in need of new recruits this month.

Benitez is also hoping to complete a deal for 16-year-old James McCarthy for £100,000 from Hamilton Academicals.

Central midfielder Mascherano's transfer would initially be a loan until the end of the season, which could become permanent if he adapts more successfully at Liverpool than he has at West Ham.

Benitez has identified the 22-year-old as a quality cover for Steven Gerrard and Xabi Alonso as the Reds enter a crucial period with Momo Sissoko still on the treatment table.

Despite suggestions Mascherano can't play for three clubs in the same season, in fact, he's only played for one during this campaign.

The South American season ended on December 31, 2005, before Mascherano joined West Ham in the summer of 2006.

However, any move would still have to be ratified by FIFA.

Mascherano has made it clear he wants to move to Liverpool, and a deal has been agreed with his representatives Media Sports Investments.

Neill is another player who hopes he's played his last game for his current club.

The Aussie defender is suspended for this weekend's FA Cup third round at Goodison Park, and Benitez hopes to have him on board in time for Liverpool's Premiership game at Watford.

Neill would also be eligible for the Champions League, because new rules state at least one player in a squad list who's played in the UEFA Cup can also feature in the premier competition.

As in August, his hopes depend on how keen Blackburn are to hold onto a player nearing a Bosman.

Mark Hughes still wants to sign Stephen Warnock as part of a swop deal. Warnock is also attracting the attention of Sunderland, but would clearly prefer to remain in the Premiership.

Looks like these deals may be close to completion, both good moves in my book, with Mascherono coming looks like some fringe players will be on the move Diao (please god yes)

Offline Notayesman

• Really, really hates Quaresma with a passion that outshines the brightest star in the galaxy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 4, 2007, 11:44:58 am »
I'd be fucking delighted with Mascherano despite whats happened at West Ham, this guy is a real player in the making and will give Xabi something to think about, he's a class player going through a bad patch. Guess this means that Bolo is on his way in the summer.

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #111 on: January 4, 2007, 11:48:21 am »
Neil - decent,versatile signing/cover

That young lad - heard nothing but good things so YES

Mascherano - on loan would be great, but I dont see the point in signing him.  yes he is quality, but Gerrard,Momo,Xabi,Zenden should be enough really.

The main news from that for me is the DIC deal nearing completion.  Cant wait for the stadium plans to move a step closer!
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline Fred Madison

• Jazz saxophonist, now masquerading as a mechanic after probably murdering his wife.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: January 4, 2007, 11:48:28 am »
Both Javier and Neill would be class. :o

Bye Zenden and Diao!

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 4, 2007, 11:49:38 am »
i think he will be a quality signing, if just initially on loan.

it seems that momo and harry are taking longer to recover than expected, so this will allow zenden to give cover on the left and javier covering the center.

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #114 on: January 4, 2007, 11:49:44 am »
Javier is definately of better quality than Zenden, but if we sign him, would he sit on the bench? (if he makes there with Ste+Xabi+Momo!)
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline pb350

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: January 4, 2007, 11:50:03 am »
Superb bit of business if true.

Offline XabiAlonsoXabi

• GoneBabyGone
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 4, 2007, 11:51:31 am »
Javier is definately of better quality than Zenden, but if we sign him, would he sit on the bench? (if he makes there with Ste+Xabi+Momo!)

Its up to him to force his way in and stay there, hes certainly got the ability so its up to him

Offline Armchair and I dont care

• Main Stander
« Reply #117 on: January 4, 2007, 11:51:54 am »
Happy to hear this.  I'm glad that Rafa's trying to conclude business early in the window.

Neill - I'm still concerned about all the fouls/penalties he gives away but I respect his versatility.  I actuallt think he's quite attack minded when playing full-back and not simply a stopper.

Masceaaraanoon - Never seen him play well.  This said he's only young and his reputation is good.  I'm sure Rafa knew of the kid long before he went to WH so won't be judging him on his ill-fated east london stint.  I wonder what the agreed buy price is in the summer if we decide to buy him?
Shankly - "If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains!"

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #118 on: January 4, 2007, 11:52:31 am »
Superb bit of business if true.
I dunno about getting him on loan though, we should get him outright - none of this MSI business.

Offline brunny

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 4, 2007, 11:54:44 am »
I dunno about getting him on loan though, we should get him outright - none of this MSI business.

surely loan is a good idea, whos to say he will improve, if we buy now we might just be getting a player who can't play well in the EPL