Author Topic: General Running Thread  (Read 799231 times)

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Running Thread
« Reply #17400 on: August 7, 2018, 12:33:12 pm »
Thanks redbyrdz - yes it got pretty hot! The key to staying cool was ice cubes in my cap!!

Mr B: you're right it is about gritting your teeth and pushing on, although it comes in waves from about 50 miles on. At times I felt like I couldn't run another step and then suddenly I'm ticking along feeling great again in the middle of the night. I must have hit the wall about 20 times but managed to recover each time. Knowing that the bad times will eventually pass is what keeps you going (and the promise of beer, food and sleep at the end).

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17401 on: August 7, 2018, 07:07:27 pm »
weebroalan: I suppose the more of these things do the less scared of the distance you become; knowing you've done it will help you in future events like this.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline weebroalan

• Liable to be bamboozled at traffic lights. Beware! Prefers creme eggs to whoppers. Mr irresponsible-in detention for getting on a train
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17402 on: August 8, 2018, 04:25:28 pm »
I went into my first 100 miler excited, anxious and not knowing what to expect. Training had gone really well and I felt confident I could at least beat the 30 hour cut-off if not better. Forecast was awful with almost 30 degrees for Saturday afternoon.

Pre-Race
I slept OK on Friday night and woke up at 3.30am feeling excited and ready to go.

My Dad drove me to the start and headed off to Box Hill which would be my first meeting point with him and my sister who were crewing.

Pre-race briefing warned us to take it easy from Box Hill to halfway as that was going to be very hilly and very hot.

6am and we were off…

Start – Box Hill (0-24.6mi)
Totally uneventful until we got to Box Hill at 10.00am (51st position), stopped at the aid station to resupply, hit the stepping stones which were beautiful and headed up 275 steps to the top where I met my crew for the first time.

Box Hill – Knockholt Pound (24.6-50.0mi)
Easy part done and now the bit we were warned about – take it easy here and the night time will reward you we were told.

This was the beginning of a section of very steep hills and steps but the stunning views made up for it.

It got very hot here but restocking my cap with ice cubes at aid stations really kept my core temperature down.

On reaching Knockholt at 4pm I was in 48th position so had just creeped into the top 50 now. Some people were a sorry sight – shoes and tops off with blisters/chafing. Reminded me of how good I was feeling.

We had hot food (meat pasta and cheese, yum!), picked up my head torches from my crew, more ice in my cap and was on my way.

Knockholt Pound – Holly Hill (50.0 – 65.6mi)
This was one of the most difficult parts mentally. I expected things to start cooling down now but instead I was getting hotter and feeling nauseous for the first time which worried me.

I felt awful by the time I got to my crew at Wrotham (60mi) and had to ease up for a few miles so I wasn’t sick. I was too hot in the aid station and too hot outside. I told myself to ease up a bit, start drinking more plain water and get to Holly Hill station. The thought of another 43mi, mainly through the night, now began to scare me and some doubts crept in for the first time.

I took my own advice, and had cooled down a little by Holly Hill, but was still feeling a bit sick and really painful in my quads so that running was now taking a big effort every time.

Had some coffee as the night time was coming soon which really helped.

Holly Hill – Detling (65.6 – 82.0 mi)
Total turnaround – I left Holly Hill and after a few miles hit the start of my recce’d section. The temperatures were now falling, it was dusk, and I was leading a train of 4 or 5 guys through the forest, picking up someone who had got lost on my way. I arrived at Ranscombe Farm in no time to see my crew with a cheeseburger and milkshake from McDs!

Another slow section up to Bluebell Hill aid station and then the start of 2 gruelling sections pre and post Detling – more steps and really steep hills.

Got to Detling in 52nd position as I’d been overtaken by a few people with pacers in the last mile or so (a pacer would clearly have really helped me!)

Some hot soup and bread were amazing here. My sister taped the start of a little blister on my foot. Changed my socks which felt ace and I was now ready for the most difficult part of the whole course…

Detling - Ashford (82.0 – 103.0 mi)
The trail after Detling is pretty horrific – lots of big steep steps, the path literally goes through bushes, where you have to push your way through the foliage, so parts of this section are totally unrunnable.

I almost ran into a bull at one point which scared the life out of me but luckily, he was too sleepy to bother with me.

Amazingly this bad section went really well for me. Maybe I had built it up so much in my mind, but similarly to when I hit the start of the recce’d part pf the course it felt like I got a new set of legs.

I then saw my crew at Hollingbourne (87.4mi) for the last time and headed off to an easier part of the course which ended up being an awful section for me. I think because I wouldn’t see my crew again until the finish in Ashford, and another 16mi felt really long now in the middle of the night I hit a real low mentally for the first time.

I trudged the next 3.5mi to Lenham aid station still in 52nd and got ready for 7mi to the final station at Dunn Street (98mi). I had now finished the recce’d part of the course now and this felt like a really long section, but I got running again and I knew the sun was going to be coming soon.

I finally made it to Dunn Street where I had a few jelly babies and composed myself – the volunteers said it was 2 miles downhill and then 3 miles through Ashford town to the athletics track.

The sun was now up, my spirits were up again and I could dream of the finish line for the first time – something I had strongly resisted the urge to do any earlier in the race.

I was running really strongly again now down the first couple of miles and quickly came upon the Church on the outskirts of Ashford that I recognised and that sent my spirits even higher (no pun intended!)

I ran past 4 or 5 people on the way to the Julie Rose Stadium and was desperately trying to hold it together and not cry as I knew I had done it. I stopped to warn my crew that I was a mile away from the stadium and make sure they weren’t asleep!

It was the best lap of a track I’ve ever done and over the line in 48th position in 24hr 50min 21sec

Ecstatic doesn’t even cover it!!!

Lessons Learnt
•   Bad patches never stay around for ever – they always get better (as Karl Meltzer says, “things never always get worse”)
•   Recce’ing the night time part of the course was the best piece of prep I did
•   Ice in my cap kept me cool and saved my race
•   The night time is nothing to fear at all
•   A McNasty's at mile 70 is a little piece of heaven
•   Always have a change of socks in the 2nd half of the race – again it felt heavenly
•   Its amazing how far 16mi seems at 4 am in the morning
•   Having a crew is awesome – my Dad and my sister were simply amazing (would I have finished without them? Maybe but it would have been a hell of a lot harder)

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17403 on: August 8, 2018, 06:40:04 pm »
weebroalan: That's a cracking read mate; cheered me right up sat here at work for the night. Knowing how things would be in the dark must have been a big help. I can't imagine how good that track looked as you approached.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17404 on: August 9, 2018, 10:14:28 am »
Haha yeah the track looked amazing at 6.50am with the sun shining low in the sky :)

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17405 on: August 11, 2018, 10:28:46 pm »
100 miles is beyond the limits of my imagination in terms of running - just in awe of that - I'm exhausted after driving that far, running it is something else - amazing stuff.

Had a good little running achievement myself this morning - on a MUCH smaller scale. Have had myself a target of a sub-19 minute Parkrun for this year and, after a few niggles, have had my first solid month and a bit injury free and got some decent (very warm weather!) training so decided to go for it today. Made the mental note I'd need to be averaging 3mins48 all the way round (with a sprint finish) to get sub-19, went off too fast (standard) and recorded a 3m38 for the first km, just a bit slower for the next and left plenty to slow down later on. Didn't end up slowing down much and picked up an 18min33 - a PB of 31 seconds. Chuffed with that. Need to set a new target now...

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17406 on: August 15, 2018, 08:21:22 am »
That’s a massive chunk off a 5km time - great work! You got to be targeting sub18 with some decent speed work training.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17407 on: August 25, 2018, 03:20:02 pm »
Quiet in here. I've been quiet too.

We've had some bad news about mum. Hopefully will all be sorted but she needs an op on Wednesday.

Been up in the lakes recently and my beloved decided she'd dust her running shoes off.

Booked for Manchester half. Then realised it's too soon to make any big changes to my running or weight.

Will pick a spring half for 2019 and give it a good go. Anything on the horizon for RAWKite runners?

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17408 on: August 28, 2018, 01:31:35 am »
First time I've checked in here for a while. So sorry to hear about your mum, Mark; really hope it turns out ok.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17409 on: August 28, 2018, 10:15:45 am »
Mark: sorry about your mum - hope things go well for you guys this week. Must have been nice running in the lakes? I'd love to be a bit closer to there so I could do a bit of running up there. Good luck for Manchester HM.

I've got Overton 5 mile race next Sunday which is part of our county road race league not that I'm expecting much as my legs are still pretty shattered. Managed a 19:41 parkrun on Saturday but slowed in the middle part before picking up for the finish.

No big races for me now until next year as our 2nd kid is due in 3 weeks time so that's pretty exciting but it does mean running will take a back seat for a while.

I'll attempt a Spring Marathon, probably Southampton as its local and relatively cheap but the first big target is the South Downs Way 100 in June and then the North Downs Way 100 again in August.

Mr B: how is your recovery going? I see you've been out for a few runs on Strava?

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17410 on: August 29, 2018, 01:01:59 am »
weebroalan: exciting times with a new little one due; needed something to hold you back a bit ;-)  My recovery isn't going anywhere mate. Same problem everytime I run; doesn't hurt much but I would have no confidence running quickly on it. I'm getting out on the bike a fair bit which is at least burning a few calories.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17411 on: September 2, 2018, 09:02:40 pm »
First ever sub-90 half today, 1hr29 at the Hatters Half in Stockport. Nice little race - field of about 400 so not crowded, bit of a downhill first mile, then 10 miles or so out and back along the Mersey/TPT, then - sadly, back up the hill at the end. Garmin showed the race as a tad short of the 13.1 (maybe 100 metres or so), but I had a minute to spare and got sent the wrong way for 100 metres or so by a lack of signage/marshall at the 10 mile mark so I'll confidently claim the sub-90. Just a sub-40 10k left to tick off the 2018 goals!

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17412 on: September 4, 2018, 01:10:55 pm »
Circa: Congrats on breaking sub 90... brilliant! Don't let the GPS error dampen your mood mate. Your Garmin can be out for loads of reasons; courses are usually pretty well measured. You should be able to bag a sub 40 10k off the back of this fitness.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17413 on: September 4, 2018, 01:18:59 pm »
Interesting catching up on this thread, always in awe of your dedication and achievements. Well done all!

I’m attempting my second ever Half Marathon this month, five years after my first! Hoping to break 2 hours,  done a fair bit more training this time round and got up to 10.5 miles so far and doing 12 this week.

Main issue for me is knowing how to approach it. On shorter runs (up to 6 miles) I can go about 8.30 pace but as yet I can’t austain that over a longer distance. I’ve gone as far as 8.5 miles plodding at 9 minute pace and felt ok with that so am going to see if I can sustain that over 12 miles this week.

The question for any slower paced runners like myself is are you best to try and maintain a steady pace throughout? Or try and go a little under the required mile pace to try and build up a buffer if I end up slowing down? Once my average pace drops I find it very difficult to pick up again.

Thanks!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17414 on: September 4, 2018, 09:29:43 pm »
Nick, have you tried looking into intervals or tempo runs?

They helped me hugely going from 30 min for a 5k to running 1:41 for a half.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17415 on: September 4, 2018, 09:48:51 pm »
Nick, have you tried looking into intervals or tempo runs?

They helped me hugely going from 30 min for a 5k to running 1:41 for a half.

Done a few interval type runs but probably not doing them properly. :D

But that’s impressive, we’ll done. The fear for me is going off too quick and running out of gas. Trying to find that balance of going as fast as I can but knowing I can make it to the finish!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17416 on: September 5, 2018, 07:24:54 am »
Done a few interval type runs but probably not doing them properly. :D

But that’s impressive, we’ll done. The fear for me is going off too quick and running out of gas. Trying to find that balance of going as fast as I can but knowing I can make it to the finish!

Any running clubs near you? Honestly they help hugely.

2015 was my "year" and it was down to running with someone who worked at Nike and packing in some quality intervals and tempo runs.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17417 on: September 5, 2018, 10:31:49 am »
Circa: Congrats on breaking sub 90... brilliant! Don't let the GPS error dampen your mood mate. Your Garmin can be out for loads of reasons; courses are usually pretty well measured. You should be able to bag a sub 40 10k off the back of this fitness.

Cheers! The Garmin did show me briefly running in the Mersey, and I don't remember doing that so I think I've identified the error...

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17418 on: September 8, 2018, 01:49:10 pm »
Ran 12 miles this morning in 1.49, pretty much along my half marathon route so confident I can get under 2 hours now. Quite chuffed, just need to figure out now how much more to do. 3 weeks til the race, should I be looking to do the full 13 beforehand or just stick to about 10 miles for my longest run now?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #17419 on: September 8, 2018, 02:26:52 pm »
Good luck to everyone doing GNR tomorrow.

I sold my place, just not ran near enough to make it a worthwhile trip.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17420 on: September 8, 2018, 02:27:04 pm »
Ran 12 miles this morning in 1.49, pretty much along my half marathon route so confident I can get under 2 hours now. Quite chuffed, just need to figure out now how much more to do. 3 weeks til the race, should I be looking to do the full 13 beforehand or just stick to about 10 miles for my longest run now?

Personally there's no need to go beyond 14. If you'd do a few halves recently then a 14 miler a few weeks before could help.  But it would probably do more harm at this stage IMHO

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17421 on: September 10, 2018, 09:52:48 am »
Hey guys - I've been off the radar running wise for the last week and a half as our son decided to arrive 3 weeks early! Mum and Archie were then in hospital for 8 days as he lost a lot of weight and had very bad jaundice which needed some phototherapy. All fine now as they got home at the weekend and he's put plenty of weight on. Bit stressful and tiring but then babies always are.

First run post baby this morning - just an easy 5 miles around the park.

Need to find a good running buggy...

Any advice gratefully received!

Offline hartless

• will run & run & run...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17422 on: September 10, 2018, 08:05:37 pm »
https://www.relive.cc/view/1831716882

Have a look. Cool free app. Better run/Plod.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline hartless

• will run & run & run...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17423 on: September 10, 2018, 08:08:42 pm »
Hey guys - I've been off the radar running wise for the last week and a half as our son decided to arrive 3 weeks early! Mum and Archie were then in hospital for 8 days as he lost a lot of weight and had very bad jaundice which needed some phototherapy. All fine now as they got home at the weekend and he's put plenty of weight on. Bit stressful and tiring but then babies always are.

First run post baby this morning - just an easy 5 miles around the park.

Need to find a good running buggy...

Any advice gratefully received!
Congratulations brother. Hope all is well.

I had a Thule before I moved to the Peak District. Good enough for Jez Bragg. Good enough for me.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #17424 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:55 pm »
Massive respect to you lot!

My Husband did his first half marathon this weekend - the GNR. I waited at the finish line for him - 12.1 miles in he was on for a 1hr31min finish according to the tracker. When he crossed the finish line in 1hr35min I knew something was wrong... my shock when I saw him being rushed to the field hospital on a stretcher with an oxygen mask... thankfully he is absolutely fine now. His watch wasn’t syncing properly and he thought he had longer left to run so pushed himself too hard and had to be helped across the finishing line by another runner and then collapsed.

You don’t really appreciate how much people push themselves or the effort people put in until you see it all.

And the medical staff... wow. Unbelievable.

Stay safe guys!!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17425 on: September 10, 2018, 10:56:02 pm »
So glad he's OK. I ran past a runner when I did it around 12 miles in. Unfortunately he didn't make it.

Impressive debut as well.  You have the right to tell him not to be so bloody stupid next time😉

Congratulations Alan. Get him some baby runners.

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17426 on: September 11, 2018, 08:06:01 am »
hartless: I think you win run of the week/photo of the week competition there. Chamonix looks incredible :)

Ciara: well done to your husband, very speedy HM and most races I've been to the volunteers and medical staff are all pretty awesome. The running community is pretty special in terms of the atmosphere. And its always a fine line between pushing yourself to the limit and over the limit but experience helps you there.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17427 on: September 13, 2018, 10:04:07 pm »
Weebroalan:  congratulations on the new addition to the family. All the best to you all... sleep tight 😉

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17428 on: September 14, 2018, 09:29:20 am »
Thanks Mr B!

Still cycling I see :)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17429 on: September 16, 2018, 09:56:01 am »
Ran to parkrun and back before doing the Eaton park 10k in the Duke of Westminsters estate. How the other half live.

Weird running past a massive herd (is it a herd) of deer and across an old presumably disused airfield.

Small field and they had a kiddies mile before which was entertaining if only to see the young lad who set off at Mo Farrah pace coming in third eventually (and he was a damn site smaller and younger than three two almost fully grown lads who finished 1st and 2nd).

Anyone watchinh Berlin? This lad at the front can move 😎

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17430 on: September 16, 2018, 08:29:30 pm »
Interesting 10km Mark. Kipchoge is unreal. I’ve watched him closely for the last few years and there is something very special about him - both in terms of his his talent but also in terms of his approach and personality. He comes across as very down to earth and normal but with an incredible dedication to what he does. I loved the whole Breaking2 project and was great to see his obliterate the world record today.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17431 on: September 16, 2018, 08:31:23 pm »
Ran 12 miles last week. Couple of shorter runs midweek. Set out to do 10 today and after 2 I was having to stop and walk, ended up home again after 4. Really dispiriting but had nothing in the tank at all. Highlights the importance of eating properly I guess.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17432 on: September 17, 2018, 10:11:40 am »
Nick - happen to us all at times. Eating properly as in through the week or the day of the run?

Alan he's an absolute machine. It's a shame.the general public don't know just how fast he's going. I know it sounds elitist, but 4:39 (I think) a mile for 26.2 miles is absolutely ridiculous. Also obliterating the WR as he did.

If anyone can go quicker anytime soon, they have my respect. Also Berlin... Massive PB potential 🤔

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17433 on: September 17, 2018, 10:16:38 am »
Thanks Mark. Didn’t really have a meal Saturday night as went out. Had hoped to run Sunday morning so just had some toast and a banana but with kids activities getting in the way I didn’t go out til about 4pm and just think I did t have much in the tank. Lesson learnt, will try and stick to morning runs in future.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17434 on: September 17, 2018, 12:02:39 pm »
Thanks Mark. Didn’t really have a meal Saturday night as went out. Had hoped to run Sunday morning so just had some toast and a banana but with kids activities getting in the way I didn’t go out til about 4pm and just think I did t have much in the tank. Lesson learnt, will try and stick to morning runs in future.

Certainly sounds like it.  Chalk it up as one of them.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17435 on: September 17, 2018, 03:45:23 pm »
That Kipchoge run has just redefined what’s possible really!

Taking 70 odd seconds off the world record is beyond comprehension. There’s getting a world record and then there’s obliterating it and putting it out of reach for a generation.

Did the Copenhagen Half myself yesterday - European record went (alas not to me!). Good course, very flat and just missed a PB (but went sub-90 again!). Huge field so lots of having to slow round corners etc early on until the field thinned after the 5k mark - I imagine the same course with a field half the size would be throwing PBs our left right and centre - trying to pick my next half trip today...

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #17436 on: September 17, 2018, 04:59:40 pm »
I did Copenhagen in 2016 still kicking myself I didn't get myself in decent shape to PB.

Really liked it (apart from the cost of a pint) good work though mate 👍

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17437 on: September 18, 2018, 12:32:27 pm »
It's going to be interesting to see if Kipchoge goes for another breaking 2 attempt. He's clearly still improving with that WR on Sunday so I wouldn't be surprised to see another attempt in 2019 as he's mid 30s now so not much time left to do it.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17438 on: September 18, 2018, 02:08:43 pm »
It's going to be interesting to see if Kipchoge goes for another breaking 2 attempt. He's clearly still improving with that WR on Sunday so I wouldn't be surprised to see another attempt in 2019 as he's mid 30s now so not much time left to do it.

I can see him having another go and getting it down to 2.01 or thereabouts, but taking off 100 seconds is surely impossible even for him at this stage? Conditions wise are we likely to get a day that's much better than that? It could've been a few degrees cooler. That plus the fact there's almost nobody who can actually act as a useful pacer for him for more than 10k or so and I just can't see him taking that much off. But who knows!

Offline weebroalan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17439 on: September 18, 2018, 04:12:27 pm »
Circa: I was thinking along the lines of the Nike Breaking 2 Project where Kipchoge ran 2:00:25 last year and was only 26s off breaking 2 hours. It doesn't count as an official record as it was on the Monza race circuit with teams of pacers but he still ran that time. It's got to be in his mind after how well he ran without pacers for a long time on Sunday.