Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5737728 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #50680 on: July 22, 2018, 07:40:44 pm »
I am glad he stood up for himself and said what he said.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50681 on: July 22, 2018, 07:45:14 pm »
Turkish background no?

Seriously, read what he wrote.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50682 on: July 22, 2018, 07:45:54 pm »
Excellent stuff, it takes a lot of courage to do this.

Would've taken the same courage not to meet up with the turdburger Erdogan.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #50683 on: July 22, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »
Turkish background no?

yes, but that doesn't correlate to 'he should have played for Turkey'. He's a German - born and raised.

You should read the statement, cos it's actually very much about this point, of people always saying he's German Turkish, rather than German, wheras others, such as Germans of Polish desent, never get referred to as 'German Polish'.  And that he's German when Germany do well,but an immigrant when they don't.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50684 on: July 22, 2018, 07:49:04 pm »
Very interesting read, he asks some very hard questions.

The plus side is that a fired up Özil could be perfect for Arsenal.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50685 on: July 22, 2018, 07:53:33 pm »
Honestly, anybody that meets Erdogan goes right down in my estimations. Absolutely abhorrent person.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50686 on: July 22, 2018, 07:54:00 pm »
I am really surprised there are people on here congratulating Özil for his statement... Maybe it has something to do with me living in Germany but anyways.

I've read all three parts and whilst I agree that he was made a scapegoat for their performance - it is a joke how he wants to shift the blame to anyone but him...

Criticizing officials openly and claiming the press to do "right" propaganda is a horrible accusation.

No one would have criticized Özil if he had taken pictures with a president from any country at all, but with Erdogan it is different.

I don't want to get into political discussions but he should know how critical Erdogan and his "dictator" like behavior is viewed here and that the majority is not in favor of him, especially the way how disrespectful he talks about germans all the time.

If Özil was as german as he claimed he would have known this beforehand and claiming that he doesn't want to be used for political propaganda whilst simultaneously posing for a picture with Erdogan, who was on a election campaign and would definitely use the picture for this reason - can only be a joke.

He should be honest about this and not use the "race"-card and such. I am sure there were mistakes made on both sides, especially after the foto but to not take any blame at all is ridiculous.

He should have done it like Emre Can, who had an invitation as well as the Turkish roots but declined it, because he didn't want to take part in a political campaign at all....

Anyways he is a good player but hides in the big occasions... I think Germany will cope without him...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50687 on: July 22, 2018, 07:55:33 pm »

Would've taken the same courage not to meet up with the turdburger Erdogan.

It's his right to do what he wants, it's not about the political aspect for him as he explained it's because he is the Turkish president, and that was an honor for him, considering his background and his family.

He said it better himself so read the full statement.

PS Xherdan Shekiri met with an Kosovar leader and took pictures with him despite playing for Switzerland.

;)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50688 on: July 22, 2018, 07:57:48 pm »
I am really surprised there are people on here congratulating Özil for his statement... Maybe it has something to do with me living in Germany but anyways.

I've read all three parts and whilst I agree that he was made a scapegoat for their performance - it is a joke how he wants to shift the blame to anyone but him...

Criticizing officials openly and claiming the press to do "right" propaganda is a horrible accusation.

No one would have criticized Özil if he had taken pictures with a president from any country at all, but with Erdogan it is different.

I don't want to get into political discussions but he should know how critical Erdogan and his "dictator" like behavior is viewed here and that the majority is not in favor of him, especially the way how disrespectful he talks about germans all the time.

If Özil was as german as he claimed he would have known this beforehand and claiming that he doesn't want to be used for political propaganda whilst simultaneously posing for a picture with Erdogan, who was on a election campaign and would definitely use the picture for this reason - can only be a joke.

He should be honest about this and not use the "race"-card and such. I am sure there were mistakes made on both sides, especially after the foto but to not take any blame at all is ridiculous.

He should have done it like Emre Can, who had an invitation as well as the Turkish roots but declined it, because he didn't want to take part in a political campaign at all....

Anyways he is a good player but hides in the big occasions... I think Germany will cope without him...

Can did what he wanted, Ozil did what he wanted. Your press and your German FA come out as massive twats in this and your country does have a right wing problem.

If he was as German as he claimed? Wtf are you on about? He was born in Germany. Your reaction is the exact thing he was talking about

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #50689 on: July 22, 2018, 07:58:07 pm »

Erdogan is a twat, Ozil is a twat for meeting him, but that in no way excuses some of the shit he has had to put up with (allegedly). If any of this is true then the German F.A need to root it out.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #50690 on: July 22, 2018, 07:58:11 pm »
Jürgen Klopp commented on this whole thing last week by the way, in defence of Gundogan and Özil, may as well stick his brief quotes in here:

"It's complete nonsense," (the call for them to retire) Klopp said. "The intelligent people of this country demand tolerance. And the others should shut up and not question the boys (Gundogan and Ozil, who also met Erdogan).

"Both were certainly not very well advised in this matter. Older, more experienced people should have helped them there.

"We should not forget that the two of them have Turkish roots even though they grew up here in Germany.

"But it is the same as always: the one who cries the loudest is the one who hears the most. But that's never been my thing."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50691 on: July 22, 2018, 07:59:24 pm »
It's his right to do what he wants, it's not about the political aspect for him as he explained it's because he is the Turkish president, and that was an honor for him, considering his background and his family.

PS Xherdan Shekiri met with an Kosovar leader and took pictures with him despite playing for Switzerland.

;)

You have missed my point & I have read it.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #50692 on: July 22, 2018, 07:59:27 pm »

;)

Nah there's no excuses for meeting with Erdogan, it's not that he's the Turkish President it's to do with the fact he's one of the biggest arseholes on the planet.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #50693 on: July 22, 2018, 07:59:54 pm »
yes, but that doesn't correlate to 'he should have played for Turkey'. He's a German - born and raised.

You should read the statement, cos it's actually very much about this point, of people always saying he's German Turkish, rather than German, wheras others, such as Germans of Polish desent, never get referred to as 'German Polish'.  And that he's German when Germany do well,but an immigrant when they don't.
Mate sorry i think your getting it all wrong, i don't care about all that i am on Ozil side here i was just saying if he did play for Turkey none of this was happening. I am not trying to insult Ozil in anyway here if that how it seems then sorry.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50694 on: July 22, 2018, 08:04:14 pm »
Nah there's no excuses for meeting with Erdogan, it's not that he's the Turkish President it's to do with the fact he's one of the biggest arseholes on the planet.

That's great and all thats your opinion, he has a right for his own, that has nothing to do with the points he raise, all valid.

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50695 on: July 22, 2018, 08:11:35 pm »
That's great and all thats your opinion, he has a right for his own, that has nothing to do with the points he raise, all valid.

Frankly I think he deserved to be slaughtered for meeting Erdogan, but obviously not racially abused or having his ‘Germanness’ questioned.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50696 on: July 22, 2018, 08:47:54 pm »
Why are you talking about my country i never said i am german... i just live there and thats it but thank you anyway so as an immigrant i should know... and yeah its just germany with the right wing Problem...not turkey, italy, the netherlands, austria and what about brexit....... o.O

Of course he can do what he wants but he should have known about how people would judge this.... being criticised for it is okay - racially abused of course and definitely not.

What does it matter what problems Turkey,Italy Holands and Austria have? Does Ozil play for them, is he a citizen of any of those countries? I never said Germany is the only with the issue, but why would I bring up the rest when the rest is irrelevant to the matter?

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50697 on: July 22, 2018, 08:55:40 pm »
What does it matter what problems Turkey,Italy Holands and Austria have? Does Ozil play for them, is he a citizen of any of those countries? I never said Germany is the only with the issue, but why would I bring up the rest when the rest is irrelevant to the matter?

I will just leave it at that - there is no point in a political discussion on a football forum... The last thing i will say on this matter is:

Imo:

Özil was badly adviced or misjudged the reaction but he can do what he wants
Being racially abused for that is not okay in any way
Being critisised on a professional level is okay and justified if people think his actions violated everything germany or the national team stand for
And at last, I don’t think anyone comes out okay from this affair and actions need to be taken in general

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50698 on: July 22, 2018, 08:55:58 pm »

Yeah agreed. At best, he was poorly advised/naive and as he's a footballer and not a politician, I doubt there was anything else behind it. Still a poor decision IMO but reading his statement, doesn't deserve the abuse he's gotten.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50699 on: July 22, 2018, 09:01:32 pm »
Yeah agreed. At best, he was poorly advised/naive and as he's a footballer and not a politician, I doubt there was anything else behind it. Still a poor decision IMO but reading his statement, doesn't deserve the abuse he's gotten.

Well said.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50700 on: July 22, 2018, 09:04:37 pm »

Do I think there was a political statement behind meeting Erdogan? No, but calling him naive is extraordinarily generous. I'd prefer to go with thick. Every man and his dog knows what a c*nt Erdogan is.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50701 on: July 22, 2018, 09:08:50 pm »
Do I think there was a political statement behind meeting Erdogan? No, but calling him naive is extraordinarily generous. I'd prefer to go with thick.

Possibly, that's why I said at best, he was naive. Meeting with Erdogan was a stupid thing to do but either way, the racism he's encountered is pretty sad to read about.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50702 on: July 22, 2018, 09:10:27 pm »
Possibly, that's why I said at best, he was naive. Meeting with Erdogan was a stupid thing to do but either way, the racism he's encountered is pretty sad to read about.

Absolutely, no excuse for it whatsoever but I am disappointed in Ozil all the same.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #50703 on: July 23, 2018, 07:02:24 am »
Errrrr. What the fuck?

If you lot want to sling abuse at each other over a fucking Arsenal thread, do it on an Arsenal forum.

Locked for a cleanup.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #50704 on: July 23, 2018, 02:49:54 pm »
Open again. Play the ball, not the player.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #50705 on: July 23, 2018, 04:41:43 pm »
If he wants to retire, he can retire. Especially if he feels that he's been the victim of unwarranted attacks. He can be a passenger at times for both Arsenal and Germany but if he's getting so much stick in the first place, why are they arsed so much if he's hung up his international boots? As for the whole racism/xenophobia issue, that goes far beyond football and the Arsenal thread probably isn't the best thread to discuss it in.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #50706 on: July 23, 2018, 07:27:44 pm »
Are those quotes from Uli Hoeness actually legit? If so, it’s real embarrassing stuff

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50707 on: July 23, 2018, 08:13:38 pm »
Are those quotes from Uli Hoeness actually legit? If so, it’s real embarrassing stuff
What did he say?

• Legacy Fan

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50709 on: July 23, 2018, 10:33:45 pm »
One of Ozil's biggest contentions was that there is a racist at the helm of German football who was all too happy to try and scapegoat Ozil and the picture fiasco in the aftermath of the tournament. Don't blame Ozil at all as regrettable as I think the picture was.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50710 on: July 23, 2018, 10:48:59 pm »
 ;D

"He last won a tackle before the 2014 World Cup. And now he and his s----- performance hide beyond this picture."Whenever (Bayern) played against Arsenal, we played over him because we knew that was their weak point.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #50712 on: July 23, 2018, 10:56:16 pm »

I think going to prison has completely broken him. He just seems to has lost the plot...

Online Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #50713 on: July 23, 2018, 11:01:38 pm »
Never understood the hype around Ozil, must be the most overrated player in the league. Whenever we play them I love it when he's starting as we are basically playing against 10 men.
He never turns up in games against the big teams, and the quote about his tackling(if true or not) is harsh but true ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50714 on: July 23, 2018, 11:04:17 pm »
I think going to prison has completely broken him. He just seems to has lost the plot...

Yeah that's embarrassing.

And bringing up beating Wenger's Arsenal frequently with their embarrassment of riches before underachieving in Europe... yeah those ten goals on aggregate were down to Ozil. And his famous tackling

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50715 on: July 23, 2018, 11:08:10 pm »
I like Ozil as a player, if less as a person these days but my god Hoeness has pulled absolutely no punches. Just read the piece posted earlier and fucking hell that's a dressing down that won't be forgotten quickly.

This bit is just beyond hilarious; "His 35 million follower boys - that don't exist in the real world - are convinced he has played sublimely when he completes a cross pass".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 11:10:53 pm by Gerry Attrick »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50716 on: July 23, 2018, 11:40:52 pm »
Agree with that Gerry.

Funny move from a Bayern man though, singling out Ozil's performances as being shit. From what I saw and remember, I can think of three Bayern players who were much worse than Ozil (Hummels, Boateng and Muller)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #50717 on: July 23, 2018, 11:41:44 pm »
Going to be weird without Wenger in the League

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #50718 on: July 24, 2018, 12:08:45 am »
Going to be weird without Wenger in the League
[/quotze]

He'll be back to rescue Everton from 16th place in November probably, on six million a year 3 year deal.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #50719 on: July 24, 2018, 12:20:16 am »
Germany FA response equates to “not all German FA’s”
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him