Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3475376 times)

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44200 on: December 26, 2016, 02:20:50 am »
Didn't watch a movie today. As I've been moaning about, I was looking forward to some screeners but no luck. It's not a good sign that there's only been one leaked at this late stage, probably increased security measures after last year. Still probably leak at some stage.

Seen a trailer for 'The Lost City of Z'. As a history teacher it's always been a story I've been fascinated with. However, I hate Charlie Hunnam. Hope he doesn't ruin this for me. Highly recommend the book BTW.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #44201 on: December 26, 2016, 03:20:42 am »
Watched a couple of movies tonight.

Trespass against us which i found a bit slow and meh.

Deepwater Horizon though was a good watch,some amazing special effects,surprised only 11 people died (missing) out of 126 people during that disaster.

BP don't come out to good in this movie,they abandoned a underwater test that cost around 125k that would have found pressure building on the sea bed and because of that mistake and their greed at wanting to drill oil they ended up paying out $42 billion in compensation plus another $18 billion in fines and another $4 billion in fines by the justice dept.

And the environmental and wildlife damage on top of that clusterfuck.

Twats.

I just watched that the other night too and agree with all you said. Massive twats.

I also watched "Imitation Game" for the first time and found it pretty good in a "Brilliant Mind" kind of way, but I'm not sure how convinced I am by Cumberballs. He's got that vacant, alien face that could be inhabited by any character ... but I'm always kind of on the verge of thinking he is a massive ham, a la Jon Voight. But at the same time, he also caught the delicate nature of Turing's mental state and the horrible things he went through, so who knows. The negative thoughts were exacerbated by the presence of Keira Knightley's puckered anus face, so it was probably all her fault. Always good to watch the good guys get one over on the Nazi c*nts.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:25:30 am by red mongoose »
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44202 on: December 26, 2016, 07:14:04 am »
but I'm always kind of on the verge of thinking he is a massive ham, a la Jon Voight.

And you don't mean ham in the acting sense either - its just that their heads looks like big pieces of gammon stuck on their shoulders, right? That's what I think anyway ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44203 on: December 26, 2016, 08:13:10 pm »
I check this thread daily for black font and new films. Driving me crazy. I WANT OSCAR SCREENERS
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44204 on: December 27, 2016, 01:53:23 am »
Nocturnal Animals was a frustrating watch - it failed to deliver on so much potential.

Avant-garde middle-class pish.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44205 on: December 27, 2016, 10:39:39 am »
I've really missed the Screeners this Christmas with TV being so shit.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44206 on: December 27, 2016, 11:32:49 am »
And you don't mean ham in the acting sense either - its just that their heads looks like big pieces of gammon stuck on their shoulders, right? That's what I think anyway ;D

Haha now that you mention it, Sam ...  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44207 on: December 27, 2016, 11:44:23 am »
I saw 'American Honey', which I thought was good, in a Larry Clark wannabee kind of way.
Also saw 'War Dogs' and that was just a shallow piece of shit dressed up in an expensive soundtrack that hammers you on the head every other minute with emotional cues. It's an interesting story, but how do they manage to fuck it up so badly? Can't decide if it's casting or everything else and casting. Anyhow, I do not recommend it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44208 on: December 27, 2016, 12:32:02 pm »
Watched 'Pain & Gain' yesterday whilst hungover, it's Michael Bay so I have nothing else to say about the film.

The Rock was good in it though.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #44209 on: December 27, 2016, 01:52:01 pm »
Watched 'Pain & Gain' yesterday whilst hungover, it's Michael Bay so I have nothing else to say about the film.

The Rock was good in it though.

Yeah a shame, the Rock was very good in an awful film

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44210 on: December 27, 2016, 07:17:25 pm »
Just about to watch Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope Blu-ray...has to be...you know.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44211 on: December 27, 2016, 07:28:15 pm »
FENCES 2016 ENG DVD SCREENER

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44212 on: December 27, 2016, 07:34:22 pm »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44213 on: December 27, 2016, 07:56:37 pm »
No.

Is it a fake that I saw?

I just check the torrent sites to see if anything new is about then wait for them to appear on Primewire to watch.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:58:44 pm by Trada »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44214 on: December 27, 2016, 08:00:59 pm »
Is it a fake that I saw?
I use only private trackers and they don't allow fakes to be upped...Fences is not on any of the trackers I use...therefore...yes.

Did you see it on a public tracker?

"The Great Screener Drought of 2016" continues...

Back to Star Wars. 8)

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44215 on: December 27, 2016, 08:06:59 pm »
I use only private trackers and they don't allow fakes to be upped...Fences is not on any of the trackers I use...therefore...yes.

Did you see it on a public tracker?

"The Great Screener Drought of 2016" continues...

Back to Star Wars. 8)

Yes a public one 1337x

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #44216 on: December 27, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »
One month til Trainspotting 2!

Initially thought it would be naff but getting excited now!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44217 on: December 29, 2016, 11:17:07 am »
Perfetti sconosciuti was pretty good, you know? Bit late on that but finally got to see it the other day after hearing so many good reviews. Once the pace picked up, it was a fascinating watch up to its very (clever/cheeky) ending.

Also watched the Argentinian Wild Tales. Good that one but for me it didn't reach the high levels of the above one. Probably because it had 6 different stories and naturally someone wouldn't find all those 6 of them equally appealing. Enjoyable watch though.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44218 on: December 29, 2016, 01:58:21 pm »
One month til Trainspotting 2!

Initially thought it would be naff but getting excited now!

Could be totally wrong but I'm going with big let down, just like new Bladerunner

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44219 on: December 29, 2016, 02:17:59 pm »
Could be totally wrong but I'm going with big let down, just like new Bladerunner

I think Danny Boyle is directing this one also, so it has every chance to be a good film, but the context for this one is going to be entirely different than the one the book and film opened in, so we have to keep that in mind when we go see it. In fact, I think it's best to almost completely put the original out of our minds if we are going to be able to see this for what it is, and not drown ourselves in nostalgia and in so drowning condemn a film that could never be that again.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #44220 on: December 29, 2016, 04:05:47 pm »
La La Land is a great film. Lovely use of colour

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44221 on: December 30, 2016, 10:50:44 am »
Not sure if its a piss take trailer or a real film but it looks good fun if it was a movie.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z04M6NhkIKk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z04M6NhkIKk</a>

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #44222 on: December 30, 2016, 12:47:05 pm »
La La Land is a great film. Lovely use of colour

Loved it. Damien Chazelle is a real talent.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44223 on: December 30, 2016, 10:41:34 pm »
Trespass Against Us

Great little flick.

Would most definitely recommend to anyone who likes gritty crime.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44224 on: December 30, 2016, 10:56:35 pm »
Gritty crime?
It's more of a family drama to be honest, more then it's a crime flick.

Good little film though.

Offline Skidder.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #44225 on: December 31, 2016, 12:00:30 am »
Gritty crime?
It's more of a family drama to be honest, more then it's a crime flick.

Good little film though.

True that, but, with the car chase scenes (which are good for the budget to be fair), the nicking and the bit about the "living off of the land" thing swayed me toward seeing it more as a great little crime flick. At the core, of course, it is the family drama that drives the story along, but it is still listed on IMDB as a crime drama.

I guess that anything with Police in it they see it as a crime film.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44226 on: December 31, 2016, 12:09:05 am »
I loved the car chase, comment about what cop was behind the wheel was such a great touch.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44227 on: December 31, 2016, 12:41:09 am »
Just reading the Oscar movie screeners are to be leak online any day now, Hive said they waited to after the Christmas holiday this time.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

http://bgr.com/2016/12/29/oscar-movies-2017-downloads/

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44228 on: December 31, 2016, 01:59:12 am »
Just reading the Oscar movie screeners are to be leak online any day now, Hive said they waited to after the Christmas holiday this time.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

http://bgr.com/2016/12/29/oscar-movies-2017-downloads/

Just hurry up and give me Fences.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44229 on: December 31, 2016, 08:39:36 am »
Just hurry up and give me Fences.

Have you tried B&Q?

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44230 on: December 31, 2016, 10:03:39 pm »
Max steel. Ugh. I was rooting for the villain at the end.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44231 on: December 31, 2016, 10:07:03 pm »
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #44232 on: December 31, 2016, 10:36:55 pm »
Still no screeners really. Highly unusual this is. Maybe last year was the final straw.

I'm just raging as I've wanted to see Arrival for a while.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44233 on: January 1, 2017, 12:05:48 am »
The Girl With All The Gifts 2016 HDRip XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8 

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #44234 on: January 1, 2017, 12:16:01 pm »
The Girl With All The Gifts 2016 HDRip XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8 

I will wait patiently for it to drop on Newsgroups!

Still no leaks of the Oscar contenders it seems, which is annoying as although saw MAnchester by the Sea and La La Land in the US, I do want to see Moonight.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2017, 12:18:01 pm by filopastry »

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44235 on: January 1, 2017, 02:14:17 pm »
I just watched Sicario after having heard a lot of good things about it and never having got around to watching it. Seriously superb effort. The soundtrack was absolutely brilliant and even though Emily Blunt's character was mind-numbingly stupid, her performance almost completely transformed the character into an interesting person to see the story through. Really excellent film. Can't believe I never watched it earlier.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44236 on: January 1, 2017, 02:33:21 pm »
watched 11 AM (Yeolhansi (2013)) as the plot summary practically sounds tailor made and grown in a lab for me.
a korean deep sea laboratory discovers time travel but can only go forward into the future not back into the past,
two researchers go one day forward but find the research station in a state of emergency and on the verge of collapsing
as an unknown assailant attacks one of them before they manage to escape and return back to their own timeline.

so much promise, so much meh. recommended only as filler, if you've got nothing else to watch or do.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2017, 05:11:22 pm by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44237 on: January 1, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »
Just watched Zootropolis with the GF and it's fucking brilliant! 😂

One of the best animated movies i've seen in a while and hilarious in parts aswell. Well worth a watch.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44238 on: January 1, 2017, 05:09:33 pm »
Just watched Zootropolis with the GF and it's fucking brilliant! 😂

One of the best animated movies i've seen in a while and hilarious in parts aswell. Well worth a watch.

The sloth at the DMV is fantastic ;D

Great film.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44239 on: January 2, 2017, 02:15:51 am »
Just watched Passengers.

Utter, utter trash. Weak characters who you didn't care about, a ridiculously dull and simple story for a sci fi movie. Nothing interesting about it at all.

Usually I can watch any old shit and at least enjoy it, especially sci fi, this movie has nothing. When you watch something like Moon, then something like this, you can't help but laugh at the difference

Chris Pratt is a total creep in it, Jennifer Lawrence phones it in. Not even so bad it's good, just totally dull. It's a movie that just exists, no passion or heart in it whatsoever. In 2 months time the world will never mention it again.

2/10
« Last Edit: January 2, 2017, 02:19:05 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012