Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3475538 times)

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #44440 on: January 16, 2017, 05:25:51 pm »
Cheers for all those, David  :wave
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44441 on: January 16, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
Is that the Western one, with the real yellow tones throughout? If that's the one, I really, really liked that too. Beautiful to look at as well.
I have no idea what film you're talking about. [emoji3]
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44442 on: January 16, 2017, 05:47:30 pm »
I have no idea what film you're talking about. [emoji3]

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Fucking hell, I did it again.

I was talking about "The Salvation"  ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #44443 on: January 16, 2017, 05:48:25 pm »
hahahaha

Tell you what...from now on I'll be adding an IMDB link just for red mongoose  ;D
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44444 on: January 16, 2017, 06:18:22 pm »
Watched a film called The Young Offenders,its an irish made comedy about 2 young lads searching for a bale of cocaine which fell overboard from a boat.Its a good laugh if you can get a grip of the lads Cork accent!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44445 on: January 16, 2017, 06:27:55 pm »
Is that the Western one, with the real yellow tones throughout? If that's the one, I really, really liked that too. Beautiful to look at as well.
I can see why you mixed up Jagten with The Salvation. ;D

Cheers for all those, David  :wave
;)
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline matty c

• RAWK Ho - Ł50 a night, hotel room thrown in
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #44446 on: January 16, 2017, 09:05:14 pm »
Arrival looks awful. La La Land is good....720.
arrival was 1 of best in last decade, sci fi dosn't have to be fighting ugly aliens
And baddys, just curious did you like interstellar ?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #44447 on: January 16, 2017, 09:09:09 pm »
arrival was 1 of best in last decade, sci fi dosn't have to be fighting ugly aliens

Think he meant the quality of the screener.  ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44448 on: January 16, 2017, 09:09:53 pm »
Think he meant the quality of the screener.  ;D
;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #44449 on: January 16, 2017, 09:10:14 pm »

I think he was talking about the picture quality of the release.

Not the quality of the film.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #44450 on: January 16, 2017, 09:20:00 pm »
It's like a fucking Two Ronnies sketch in ere!

Fork handles anyone?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44451 on: January 16, 2017, 09:20:55 pm »
I've read the novella that Arrival is based on...the film tho will wait until the 1080 is out...I don't do screeners.

The best sci-fi film that I've seen in this decade is Hard To Be A God. This was the last film by the Russian director Aleksey German and is based on the  1964 science fiction novel by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky set in the Noon Universe. It's a....Marmite film. I was unable to sleep after I'd seen it in my efforts to understand what I just seen..even after three rewatches I'm still in awe of what German achieved....I posted about it in here several times back in...14/15...it's a stunning interpretation of the novel.

If three hour long black and white foreign language films are your bag... ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44452 on: January 16, 2017, 09:21:29 pm »
It's like a fucking Two Ronnies sketch in ere!

Fork handles anyone?
How good was Hard To Be A God, eh la. ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44453 on: January 16, 2017, 09:25:38 pm »
How good was Hard To Be A God, eh la. ;D
Shite ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44454 on: January 16, 2017, 09:27:32 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44455 on: January 17, 2017, 10:42:17 am »
This is good, much better than the other upload I put up. Looks like a 720 source. Will be everywhere soon, private just now tho.

Fences 2016 DVDScr XVID AC3 HQ Hive-CM8

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44456 on: January 17, 2017, 11:24:30 am »
Hacksaw.Ridge.2016.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44457 on: January 17, 2017, 11:30:19 am »
I meant to post that was about after I posted about Fences.  I dunno wtf happened there. ;D

I know...I started watching some cycling.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44458 on: January 17, 2017, 02:05:22 pm »

Nice selection of films to go through this week.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44459 on: January 17, 2017, 02:11:36 pm »

I know...I started watching some cycling.

Get a hold of your life, David.

By the way, the Backstreet Boys are making an appearance on "The Bachelor" as we speak.

:P :wave

Seriously, I might cringe myself to death  :lmao  So. Fucking. Terrible.  :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite:

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44460 on: January 17, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »
Get a hold of your life, David.

By the way, the Backstreet Boys are making an appearance on "The Bachelor" as we speak.

:P :wave

Seriously, I might cringe myself to death  :lmao  So. Fucking. Terrible.  :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite:
I'll be alright, I've got  a ten day training block to do from tomorrow....not looking forward to it. ;D

Fuck off willya...The Bachelor...I might check out the Backstreet Boys tho. ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44461 on: January 17, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »
So. Fucking. Terrible.  :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite: :shite:
Be careful there wol, to David, shite is a byword for quality! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44462 on: January 17, 2017, 02:52:25 pm »
Be careful there wol, to David, shite is a byword for quality! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Twat.  ;D

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44463 on: January 17, 2017, 03:25:12 pm »
If you haven't seen the Arrival release yet, I'd wait for the HD release on Amazon and iTunes in a couple of weeks, which should find it's way to the "usual places" more or less straight away.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44464 on: January 17, 2017, 06:32:23 pm »
Arrival didnt live up to my expectations fuelled by this thread. Had interesting themes but not my cup of tea
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Isaacsways

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44465 on: January 17, 2017, 07:02:55 pm »
Arrival didnt live up to my expectations fuelled by this thread. Had interesting themes but not my cup of tea

i found it okay, but it just didn't seem to go anywhere then it finished..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44466 on: January 17, 2017, 11:12:32 pm »
I'll maybe give Arrival another watch, as the one I watched was shite quality and lot of the time I couldn't hear anything they were saying (not the aliens, the humans  ;)) The ending was a pile of shite though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44467 on: January 17, 2017, 11:34:50 pm »
Arrival was one of the best sci-fi films of the last decade.

The ending was pure movie magic, reminded me of Donnie Darko in its base message/theme.

Offline Pelé as a Comedian

• The seeker of the True Cockroach. Forgetful.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44468 on: January 17, 2017, 11:41:06 pm »

The ending was pure movie magic, reminded me of Donnie Darko in its base message/theme.

Spoiler
i'd say thats both its strength and weakness, its got a good "twist". that we've already seen before.
if you're a neurotic film buff you'll start piecing things together way before the end. not saying its a bad movie. i liked loads of it.
but it was far inferior to Donnie Darko as far as im concerned

unto the phenomenological aspects of the plot. what would happen to the sectopods if they started to learn human language ? would they fall out of eternity and into linear time ?
[close]

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44469 on: January 17, 2017, 11:44:24 pm »
Donnie Darko is my favorite film so I absolutely agree....

...but Arrival was as as main stream as sci-fi gets and it brings interesting and potentially original ideas to the masses. More than most do these days. One of the films of the year imho.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 11:57:51 pm by Titi Camara »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #44470 on: January 17, 2017, 11:49:53 pm »
Spoiler
i'd say thats both its strength and weakness, its got a good "twist". that we've already seen before.
if you're a neurotic film buff you'll start piecing things together way before the end. not saying its a bad movie. i liked loads of it.
but it was far inferior to Donnie Darko as far as im concerned

unto the phenomenological aspects of the plot. what would happen to the sectopods if they started to learn human language ? would they fall out of eternity and into linear time ?
[close]

Different, but in a similar vein, I think you might enjoy Embassytown by China Mieville, which asks a very similar question.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44471 on: January 17, 2017, 11:54:23 pm »

Shite. :P  ;D ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44472 on: January 17, 2017, 11:56:41 pm »
Shite. :P  ;D ;D
High praise from you young man ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #44473 on: January 17, 2017, 11:58:39 pm »
High praise from you young man ;D
Touche. ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44474 on: January 18, 2017, 12:00:04 am »
Different, but in a similar vein, I think you might enjoy Embassytown by China Mieville, which asks a very similar question.

i've read his Bas Lag trilogy and liked it, aside from one crucial aspect of Perdido Street Station
Spoiler
the fact that the main protagonist is basically a rapist, not seeking redemption but absolution
[close]
so will check that out. cheers. on that note, hopefully his novels will get the cinematic treatment sooner rather than later.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:13:10 am by Pelé as a Comedian »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44475 on: January 18, 2017, 12:05:19 am »
Whatever you think of Arrival I think if you're a fan of sci-fi you have to appreciate that movies like that are getting made and are still successful. As expanded universes start taking over every studio, it's nice to see thoughtful movies.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44476 on: January 18, 2017, 12:15:15 am »
Whatever you think of Arrival I think if you're a fan of sci-fi you have to appreciate that movies like that are getting made and are still successful. As expanded universes start taking over every studio, it's nice to see thoughtful movies.

oh indeed, long may it continue, though plotless frills like Gravity and Mad Max give me even more joy.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44477 on: January 18, 2017, 12:18:35 am »
Currently downloading Mad Max in 4K, genuinely looking forward to it. Will go headphones rather than speakers!

Keep meaning to watch the monochrome version too, heard very good things!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44478 on: January 18, 2017, 12:25:35 am »
just watched Europa Report, which was as expected pretty dry and by the numbers found footage in space.
then watched The Girl With All The Gifts which i quite enjoyed and can recommend.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44479 on: January 18, 2017, 12:32:58 am »
oh indeed, long may it continue, though plotless frills like Gravity and Mad Max give me even more joy.

Gravity was the best experience I've ever had at the theatre. Unreal movie.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.