Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
And he will too unfortunatly. That's how business works mate. But in that scenario the pressure builds on Edwards to get it right the next time. I don't think we'll get another manager/coach that leads us for a decade like Klopp did. That's rare these days and you know that.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Our fantastic away support
« Last post by Son of Spion on Today at 01:57:22 am »
Solid, not brilliant, but solid.

Their shower are as thick and shite as ever. Singing Everton’s name, is just about as dickheadish, as you can get.
Wow! They get more and more smalltime every season.
Thanks for that interesting, in-depth reply, Yosser. Nice post.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by rushyman on Today at 01:54:39 am »
A resounding no

And it's going to clearly get worse unless something special happens. Saying Slott is on a hiding to nothing is genuinely putting it mildly

Al mate, if it goes tits up we know who's to blame anyway. It's Edwards and Hughes and Edwards has his fall guy lnied up anyway in Hughes. He's not LFC but FSG. He would  just get in another Sporting Director.

It doesn't work like that though Samie.

At the time recruitment team transfers like Markovic, Moreno, Can, Balotelli, Coates, Alberto, Aspas, Sakho, llori, Assaidi, Yesil and even Origi were alleged to have failed because the manager refused to give them a chance.

It wasn't Edwards and the recruitment team who lost their jobs it was the manager.
Just watched the replay of the incident and the preceding phases of play. Basically, Areola leaps straight up to catch a high ball, bumps into a team mate then has a lesser collision with a Liverpool player, and grazes the post with his foot as he comes down. Lies on the floor for a second holding his ankle while Gakpo and a WHU player ask if he's OK, then Gakpo seems to say "well come on, get on with it then", then after Areola feels he's wasted enough time he gets up and everyone clears out for the goal kick, then the throw and sock pull happens. Absolutely ludicrous to suggest that there was a free kick + advantage, or that play needed to be stopped for treatment when the keeper has clearly resumed play after a bit of gamesmanship. The PGMOL is fortunate that the fire has gone out at Liverpool because that was just unacceptable by the referee. I just can't wait for the season to end so I can train myself to forget about the Premier League for good. It is just not healthy to engage with this stuff, football used to be a diversion from the pain of the world, now it's one of the antagonists. The hell with it all.
A conspiracy means more than one person meeting to influence an outcome for their gain.

It's a term that is over used these days and there is a reason for it too If the individual questions anything suss then the group mentality kicks in. The nail that stands out is always the first to be hit an' all that.
All a conspiracy is, is two or more people agreeing to commit an illegal or harmful act.

The PGMOL absolutely, 100% conspire together to protect each other no matter what, and this is extremely harmful to the sport. It directly influences outcomes.
Just take the booking and leave the ref with a headache.  With only a few games left what difference would a booking make?

This idea that Gakpo kicking it into the next would've put the ref in a position where he had to explain himself is a beautiful pipe dream. They haven't bothered explaining themselves in any meaningful way all season. Why would it start now? Suddenly, Gakpo kicking it into the net is supposed to leave the ref in a difficult position? Want to see the position Gakpo scoring would put the ref in?

Gakpo scores. Gets a yellow.

Anthony Taylor: I clearly blew the whistle; I gave him a yellow for time-wasting.

Media would spend their coverage on this incident by highlighting the fact that Taylor did indeed blow the whistle and that Gakpo kicked the ball after the whistle. Yellow card justified. If anyone thinks this would've gotten anyone to talk about anything that led up to that moment, I don't know what to tell you, because that is never, ever going to happen, especially if Liverpool are the ones getting shafted for it.
Just finished Gray on Netflix. One of the worst series I’ve ever watched. Made no sense at all, tied up almost no loose ends. Complete waste of time.
You're right. This and the Spurs game bring them in to disrepute and clearly show PGMOL are not fit for purpose. I've said it before, but it's time for a root and branch reboot of the whole thing. It's a cartel that needs to be broken up. The audio from the Spurs game was damning, but met with a shrug of the shoulders. How bad does it need to get?

It needs to get to the stage where it has the potential to cost the owners of clubs serious money. Probably why Forest are kicking off so much.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10