Author Topic: Nintendo Switch (was NX)  (Read 111744 times)

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Nintendo Switch (was NX)
« Reply #320 on: March 7, 2017, 11:11:25 pm »
Arriving within the week from Amazon.

The only frustration is that I can't port my save file from the BOTW on the Wii U (not that I ever thought you might have been able to) to save my thrashing through 20 hours gameplay just to get back to where I am now.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #321 on: March 8, 2017, 01:29:59 pm »
Haven't managed to get as much time with this as I'd like but Zelda is superb, have heard people complaining but love the fact they haven't dumbed down the puzzles and the console has been worth it just for that. Bomberman is cool if a little laggy, could just be me I don't know. Also having a lot of fun with Shovel Knight, I know it's old but would highly recommend.

I have a Neon console along with Zelda and a Pro controller, I preordered for a friend who has run into money issues and can no longer afford. I was going to stick it on eBay but thought I'd offer it to a fellow Red first. It cost £386.99 in total from Amazon and happy to give it to a Red at cost, going to hold off on putting it up until the weekend so anybody that is interested just shoot me a message before then.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #322 on: March 8, 2017, 01:31:30 pm »
I wasn't going to get one of these but the Zelda reviews have really tempted me ;D

Might be a Christmas pressy option from the rents, or at least some money towards it...

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #323 on: March 8, 2017, 04:21:44 pm »
I was paraphrasing the video, which is American, but even in the UK the RRP on the Galaxy S7 edge is still £580 and was higher at launch. The iPhone 7+ starts at 719. With import tax the Xaomi Mi Mix is getting towards a grand and most of the Triple A phones at launch are well over £600 - my Note 4 was, for example.

The point wasn't really a specific cost analysis, but a reference to people moaning about the fact that the Switch hasn't got x, y or z, forgetting that this is a built-from-the-ground-up mobile console which had to come in under £300 to stand a chance of succeeding. there had to be compromises, both related to practicality and cost. Specifically people were moaning about the screen not being 1080p "because my mobile has one", whilst forgetting that super screens cost super money and it's one of the main reasons mobiles are so expensive and why they have to have enormous batteries (relative to their size) to last a day. People don't associate phones with great cost because we pay for them over 24 months and we forget that contracts are mainly paying for the phone.

Not forgetting games on mobile do not render at 1080p resolution.

Offline The Real Rasta

• Leave Ronaldo alone!!!!!
  • Kopite
« Reply #324 on: March 8, 2017, 06:31:00 pm »
I wasn't going to get one of these but the Zelda reviews have really tempted me ;D

Might be a Christmas pressy option from the rents, or at least some money towards it...
It's brilliant, if you bought it only for Zelda it would be worth it imho.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #325 on: March 8, 2017, 07:14:55 pm »
That it's got a fairly substantial upgrade on previous gen consoles as far as what its capable of putting out. Yet the thing fits in the palm of your hand, has it's own screen, power supply, wifi and online capabilities as well as a storage bus. You have to remember that it wasn't that long ago where previous gen systems had major issues with heat related problems causing red and yellow lights, not to mention they were the size of a VCR. To cram all that processing power and everything else into a handheld unit is amazing engineering. Barring nVidia Shield, I don't think there's a phone or tablet on the market that competes with that.

Amazing engineering is a bit of a stretch.

Sony basically did it 6 years ago with the VITA.

The switch is basically an updated VITA with removable Joycons and TV out. The price for it is fair (the VITA was £230/$250), and it has the added bonus of launching with Zelda (albeit with fuck all else really).

The QA on it seems to be garbage though, I honestly feel they should have launched it without the Joycons and thrown in the Pro Controller... feels a bit over complicated for me.
:D

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #326 on: March 8, 2017, 07:17:42 pm »
It's brilliant, if you bought it only for Zelda it would be worth it imho.

I'm sorry, but no game is worth that much.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: March 8, 2017, 07:36:59 pm »

The switch is basically an updated VITA with removable Joycons and TV out. The price for it is fair (the VITA was £230/$250), and it has the added bonus of launching with Zelda (albeit with fuck all else really).

The QA on it seems to be garbage though, I honestly feel they should have launched it without the Joycons and thrown in the Pro Controller... feels a bit over complicated for me.
I'm pretty sure the Vita had a bigger launch lineup and I remember people at the time saying it needed more games.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 8, 2017, 07:52:50 pm »
I think this is something which needs alot of support from Nintendo first party and they generally do a great job in regards to that. The third party stuff will generally be atrocious unfortunately, much like the vita third party stuff was. I seen the dragon quest game for it on eurogamer and it performs horribly, regular 20fps drops, especially in combat and its even worse in portable mode.

I would never got a Nintendo console for third party stuff anyway to be honest

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #329 on: March 8, 2017, 08:26:01 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Vita had a bigger launch lineup and I remember people at the time saying it needed more games.

Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Super Stardust Delta (PSN only)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
WipEout 2048
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Ben 10: Galactic Racing
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II Extend
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
F1 2011
FIFA Soccer
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Plants vs. Zombies (PSN Only)
Rayman Origins
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack (PSN Only)
Touch My Katamari
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Ridge Racer
Silent Hill Book of Memories
Supremacy MMA: Unrestricted

But Zelda though! Even though you can play it with better FPS on their previous console (albeit at a slightly lower res)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: March 8, 2017, 09:30:25 pm »
Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
WipEout 2048
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
F1 2011
FIFA Soccer
Rayman Origins
Touch My Katamari
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Ridge Racer

But Zelda though! Even though you can play it with better FPS on their previous console (albeit at a slightly lower res)
Not even their main console either.

It just seems to be a trend in the industry as a whole that people are prepared to pay for less content.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: March 9, 2017, 03:17:43 am »

The Vita is nowhere near close to how powerful the Switch is. Even then, the likes of the PSP and Vita are still amazing engineering in their own right for what they were. Consider that the Switch is packing more punch than a PS3 and Xbox 360 and its a handheld. Think of the cooling solutions required for those systems, then think what they had to do to pack that into something that fits in your hand, has its own power source and display.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: March 9, 2017, 07:17:16 am »
The Vita is nowhere near close to how powerful the Switch is. Even then, the likes of the PSP and Vita are still amazing engineering in their own right for what they were. Consider that the Switch is packing more punch than a PS3 and Xbox 360 and its a handheld. Think of the cooling solutions required for those systems, then think what they had to do to pack that into something that fits in your hand, has its own power source and display.

It might be packing more punch but we are ten years down the line. You'd obviously expect a trade off with a handheld in terms of graphics but it's not just a handheld it's also marketed as a home console and for me that's where it falls short. They should of just gone for a handheld, the DS had amazing success. They're done in the home console market.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #333 on: March 9, 2017, 07:22:38 am »

I'd give the edge to VITA (factoring in the 6 year gap), check Little Big Planet, Killzone Mercenary and Uncharted.

The PS Vita was essentially somewhere in the middle between a PS2 and PS3 in terms of quality.

The Switch has more grunt than the WiiU bit in terms of available technology now... but I'm not sure you could make a case for it sitting between a PS3 and PS4.

I am agreeing with you in regards to the price of it by the way, it's neither expensive or cheap for me.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: March 9, 2017, 07:27:07 am »
games aren't gonna look very good on it, unless they have good art design

I think that's the crux of the issue, rather than a stealth 'Nintendo are cartoony' criticism. Loads of games looked like shite on every console. It's whether people bother to do their jobs properly in development.

It'd be nice if Nintendo did pack more power in, but the fact is they will make great games that look good and play better than most other games.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: March 9, 2017, 12:30:14 pm »
Vita was doomed as soon as they announced memory cards were propriety.  I was looking to buy one but as soon as I saw the price of the memory cards I bailed.

Sony quickly bailed on the Vita as well.  First party games were few and far between.  Major first party exclusive titles anyway.   The reason the 3DS even though significantly weaker done so much better is Nintendo didn't treat there handheld devices as the poor relative.  They dont put B teams on the development of handheld games.  Those IP's on handheld are treated as just as important as the console versions and it shows.

The Switch to me is what the Vita should of been.  A powerful handheld device with amazing exclusive software.

Escape Plan (PSN Only)
Hustle Kings (PSN Only)
Little Deviants
WipEout 2048
Army Corps of Hell
Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Dynasty Warriors Next
F1 2011
FIFA Soccer
Rayman Origins
Touch My Katamari
Gravity Rush
MLB 12 The Show
Reality Fighters
Unit 13
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Ridge Racer

Nice list but where were the exclusive big hitters?  Uncharted was just the poor relation to the PS3 games.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 12:32:44 pm by puroresu_kid »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: March 9, 2017, 04:33:05 pm »
It might be packing more punch but we are ten years down the line. You'd obviously expect a trade off with a handheld in terms of graphics but it's not just a handheld it's also marketed as a home console and for me that's where it falls short. They should of just gone for a handheld, the DS had amazing success. They're done in the home console market.
It's one of those arguments that I've been debating for a while now. I still believe last gen consoles have enough about them to still produce visuals, and more importantly games, that are "good enough". It's not like they look like shit. Games like Red Dead and GTA V are enough evidence of that. There's enough power there to create compelling worlds and detail. I mean, GTA V came out at the start of the current gen, and it looked just as good as something like Watch Dogs did, if not more so, when it first came out. Obviously I'm not going to argue about where better hardware will be now, and in a couple of years' time in comparison to specs that came out a decade ago, but the fact is, there has been diminishing returns for a while now. Stuff isn't looking like night and day as it used to. Performance and IQ are more noticeable than macro level detail. I think now with clever budgeting and a decent art direction, as you say, will have games looking decent to acceptable. If you look at the Unreal tech demo's for the Tegra chip and then compare it to current gen version,  you'll see there is a difference between the two, but not enough that it makes one look absolutely last gen over the other.  The scalable capabilities built into SDK's for modern SOC's have closed a massive performance gap. Obviously if you were to benchmark the Tegra inside the Switch against the GPU's inside a PS4 and an X1, it wouldn't fare too well. We're not going to get Uncharted or Horizon levels of fidelity. That's obvious, but then again, do you really need that much detail if a game isn't that great? I'd take a game that looks aesthetically nice to look at, but plays even better over a couple of fancy shaders. Triple A games today seem to be putting more emphasis on the visuals, when game design has taken a back seat. Recent games like Resident Evil 7 and BoTW have shown that going back to concentrate more on design than anything else pays off. Not that those games look shoddy either. They don't. They still look great.

The point I'm making is that I'd be happy with games that are genuinely fun, rather than visual benchmarks. Don't get me wrong, I plan on eventually buying games like Horizon on the PS4. Both because it looks as good as it does, and more importantly, that its actually a very good game. I don't think it would have mattered if that game hadn't have looked as good either. Or would it?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #337 on: March 9, 2017, 08:16:13 pm »
Nice list but where were the exclusive big hitters?  Uncharted was just the poor relation to the PS3 games.

That's an extensive list of games that has something for everybody.

The Switch has nothing at all but fair play to them for having Zelda from the off, a real system seller that they've not doubt had finished for ages on WiiU but held back so they could push the Switch. Probably a smart business decision but feels like a bit of a fuck you to the few million people (myself included) who bought a WiiU and have had awful first and third party support for the lifespan of the console.

If you look on the horizon too there's not much lined up for the Switch either, no third party support... a 'Dulux' version of Mario Kart 8 which astonishingly features 0 new tracks... a Mario game by Christmas and a whole lot of Indy titles the PS VITA, PS4 and PC have in abundance.

Nintendo make solid first party games that surpass their technical limitations... but the volume they've done so over recent years is been poor - they don't get a free pass for me. Get third parties on board for fuck sake.

Maybe I'm salty because I sold my WiiU months ago and don't get to play Zelda. :D
« Last Edit: March 9, 2017, 08:17:56 pm by Kashinoda »

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: March 9, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »
That's an extensive list of games that has something for everybody.

The Switch has nothing at all but fair play to them for having Zelda from the off, a real system seller that they've not doubt had finished for ages on WiiU but held back so they could push the Switch. Probably a smart business decision but feels like a bit of a fuck you to the few million people (myself included) who bought a WiiU and have had awful first and third party support for the lifespan of the console.

If you look on the horizon too there's not much lined up for the Switch either, no third party support... a 'Dulux' version of Mario Kart 8 which astonishingly features 0 new tracks... a Mario game by Christmas and a whole lot of Indy titles the PS VITA, PS4 and PC have in abundance.

Nintendo make solid first party games that surpass their technical limitations... but the volume they've done so over recent years is been poor - they don't get a free pass for me. Get third parties on board for fuck sake.

Maybe I'm salty because I sold my WiiU months ago and don't get to play Zelda. :D

I don't dispute that but there was a reasons the vita failed and the lack of killer exclusive titles was one of them.

I think it's too early to put the nail in the coffin in regard to third parties. I think dev kits getting to third parties late and third parties just waiting to see how the switch performance commercially after the wii u disaster means it could take some time.  Give Nintendo to E3 and see what is revealed there.

Remember the wii u launched with more games and third party titles and it didn't mean shit.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #339 on: March 9, 2017, 09:33:40 pm »
I don't dispute that but there was a reasons the vita failed and the lack of killer exclusive titles was one of them.

I think it's too early to put the nail in the coffin in regard to third parties. I think dev kits getting to third parties late and third parties just waiting to see how the switch performance commercially after the wii u disaster means it could take some time.  Give Nintendo to E3 and see what is revealed there.

Remember the wii u launched with more games and third party titles and it didn't mean shit.

Yeah Sony left the VITA out to dry, which is odd considering the PSP shipped 90 million units without much effort. I guess them getting on top again with the PS4 was a much higher priority, understandably - they went from Kings to third place in a generation.

Nintendo have always been able to prop their consoles up with stellar first party, the issue is nowadays it costs more time and money to get them out there. They say the new Mario will be out for Christmas but I don't believe they will. I think they need to earn back the trust in regards to output after the WiiU.

Throw in half decent third party support and then that's their model to a tea, and that's fine. I honestly don't know why they didn't wait until autumn and launched with Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon 2 and your standard yearly franchise games from third parties.

I'll probably get one if I see it's given a fuck about over the year.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: March 9, 2017, 11:20:29 pm »
Feel like im gate crashing the switch party (getting one soon, want to wait for a zelda edition or sommit tho).

However, the vita, despite being mystifyingly dumped by sony into an abyss, is a tremendous game machine. aside from the stupid proprietary memory cards.

If the choice was offered, would never swap mine for any nintendo! 
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: March 10, 2017, 07:05:59 am »

I agree about the graphics  to an extent. Even Vita games looked good because they were on a small OLED, they looked bright and Vibrant and stuff like Uncharted and KZ looked great but it never got the third party support and to an extent the first party stuff was given to other devs as more of an afterthought.

A pretty game will always catch your eye and then you might look into that title more but I'd never take good graphics over gameplay, gameplay has to hold your attention and graphics alone can't do that.

I'd be happy with PS3 graphics on a Switch. I'm honestly not too fussed on third party stuff for the Switch and I don't have much hope that we will get decent support.

The last Nintendo console I owned was the wii and it was fun for a while but I don't think I even owned any third party stuff for that, I just don't buy Nintendo consoles for third party games. Not since I owned a super nintendo and even then it was only the odd ea sports title I had.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: March 10, 2017, 10:07:23 am »
Yeah Sony left the VITA out to dry, which is odd considering the PSP shipped 90 million units without much effort. I guess them getting on top again with the PS4 was a much higher priority, understandably - they went from Kings to third place in a generation.

Nintendo have always been able to prop their consoles up with stellar first party, the issue is nowadays it costs more time and money to get them out there. They say the new Mario will be out for Christmas but I don't believe they will. I think they need to earn back the trust in regards to output after the WiiU.

Throw in half decent third party support and then that's their model to a tea, and that's fine. I honestly don't know why they didn't wait until autumn and launched with Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon 2 and your standard yearly franchise games from third parties.

I'll probably get one if I see it's given a fuck about over the year.

They wanted it out before fiscal year end.  They told shareholders it would be out beforehand so I don't think they could let it slip again as originally it was planned for holidays 2016.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #343 on: March 10, 2017, 11:50:41 am »
Feel like im gate crashing the switch party (getting one soon, want to wait for a zelda edition or sommit tho).

However, the vita, despite being mystifyingly dumped by sony into an abyss, is a tremendous game machine. aside from the stupid proprietary memory cards.

If the choice was offered, would never swap mine for any nintendo! 

Even the PSP holds up for me, arguably Sony's best gadgets.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: March 10, 2017, 01:15:35 pm »
Even the PSP holds up for me, arguably Sony's best gadgets.

PSP is one of the great consoles imo. I'm a handheld freak and apart from a Vita have every main handheld that's been available since the early nineties and the PSP holds its own against any of them. Some absolutely spectacular games, terrific handheld emulation and a mental battery life makes it an almost perfect all-rounder.

Had 24 hours with my Switch and I'm so excited about the potential. Played a couple of hours of Spector of Torment and didn't use 50% of the battery.

I think Indies might be the backbone and making of the Switch. The Neo Geo titles on the store are fairly priced and Shovel Knight was 8 quid. At that price I'm going to keep going back for more and more and the occasional triple A title will be the perfect library.

Once it has app support for Netflix/YT/Amazon it's going to be supoib.

I have to agree that the button configuration on the joy-cons could be better but they had to put them somewhere and everyone's hands are different.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: March 10, 2017, 01:28:05 pm »
PSP would of been killer if it shipped with two sticks, just used to frustrate me only having one.

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: March 12, 2017, 05:16:37 pm »
Looks like it's not massively efficient at conserving power whilst in sleep mode. Had about a quarter battery remaining on Saturday morning - just turned it on for the first time since and it gave me a low battery warning. Hopefully just a firmware issue that will be fixed in future.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: March 12, 2017, 06:17:02 pm »
Looks like it's not massively efficient at conserving power whilst in sleep mode. Had about a quarter battery remaining on Saturday morning - just turned it on for the first time since and it gave me a low battery warning. Hopefully just a firmware issue that will be fixed in future.
Apparently it is the firmware that's causing it to consume more power than it needs.

Also, related in a different sense, mentioned in this reivew: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAkVPTn8cc

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: March 12, 2017, 07:45:12 pm »
Finally got my hands on my roommate's Switch last night. It's very well thought out IMO but poorly executed. It all feels... Plasticky? Maybe my expectations were altered by cell phones/tablets over the last few years and as others have pointed out it costs a lot less than either, but it feels cheap.

Zelda was fun though.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #349 on: March 13, 2017, 11:50:29 am »
Finally got my hands on my roommate's Switch last night. It's very well thought out IMO but poorly executed. It all feels... Plasticky? Maybe my expectations were altered by cell phones/tablets over the last few years and as others have pointed out it costs a lot less than either, but it feels cheap.

Zelda was fun though.

yeah the console itself is fine, just some of the other parts feel a bit cheap, got no real problem with the dock itself as long as it doesn't damage the screen as it's just a pass through, the controllers feel ok but i'm not keen on the sticks, hopefully there'll be caps available or available soon to improve them

my main gripe is with connectivity, the wifi adaptor is basically shite, lucky if i get one bar in handheld mode and nothing when it's docked, the router is downstairs in the room directly below where the console is so fairly close, the signal is fine on my phone, ps4 & android box so gonna have to get a usb lan adaptor, anyone know any decent 3rd party one's that work with it?

also had the left controller syncing problem, it's fine when i'm sat close to the console but i usually sit about 10 feet away from the tv and sometimes playing zelda link will just run in a straight line and stop responding to any stick movement until i point the controller directly at the console then it'll sync again

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: March 13, 2017, 01:34:06 pm »
Is there a problem with sleepmode?

Just checked mine.  Left house at 100% at 8 and just woken it up (13.30) and its at 99%

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: March 17, 2017, 10:38:41 pm »
a lot of modern devices will turn off charging when it reaches full and then just keep topping it up as needed, rather than charging all the time
STFU and agree with me.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2017, 10:06:09 am »
Gamestop Senior Director of Merchandising Eric Bright recently said

The Nintendo Switch is off to a start right now that it could possibly eclipse the Wii. Initial sales on this have been phenomenal. I can't give straight numbers, but I can say we're seeing one of the highest attach rates of software and accessories to a device that we've seen in a long time.

Not convinced about the Wii quote at all but glad to hear attach rates of software is strong. 

I really think MK8 deluxe is going to be huge.  I'm thinking table top mode multiplayer at Uni's, schools etc will be a big thing.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2017, 10:11:58 am »
To be fair, it is literally just Zelda  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2017, 10:15:40 am »
To be fair, it is literally just Zelda  ;D

What a system seller this game will turn out to be.  Cannot wait to see the attach rate for Zelda.  Its going to be crazy high!!!

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2017, 07:52:21 pm »
attach rates

What in the name of fuck is that? Do they just mean people buying other shit at the same time as buying the console?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2017, 08:14:00 pm »
What in the name of fuck is that? Do they just mean people buying other shit at the same time as buying the console?

It's how many copies of the game are sold in relation to the console, so for example Zelda will have almost a 1:1 ratio at the minute because frankly you'd be mad to be buying a switch and not buying it.

It's quite a common term when talking about video games sales and has been for at least a decade as far as I remember it.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2017, 08:15:00 pm »
Seems like it's used for other things too

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attach_rate

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2017, 09:34:11 pm »
It's how many copies of the game are sold in relation to the console, so for example Zelda will have almost a 1:1 ratio at the minute because frankly you'd be mad to be buying a switch and not buying it.

It's quite a common term when talking about video games sales and has been for at least a decade as far as I remember it.

Thanks. Can't say I've ever come across that term before, I don't work in sales though and don't normally take an interest in games sales.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: March 23, 2017, 10:05:19 am »
Thanks. Can't say I've ever come across that term before, I don't work in sales though and don't normally take an interest in games sales.

Yeah includes games, extra controllers, carry case, screen protectors etc.  The margins are very high for these so retailers love them.

I would love to know the switch attach rate just for games right now.  Given what's out if its at 3:1 I would say that's good.

I think some third parties may of missed a trick here by not having some titles ready for release now.  Demand is high for the switch and I think the hunger for games is there.

Take Ubisoft and Steep. Why hasn’t that been released?  It doesn’t even have a release date.

The next Major Nintendo game is MK8 at the end of April meaning there was a nice window for some other releases yet no third parties have got anything out.