Author Topic: Pokemon Go  (Read 65908 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pokemon Go
« Reply #200 on: July 17, 2016, 04:04:06 pm »
Servers are a fucking joke. All day yesterday not being able to get in. All day today not able to get in. 3 am this morning? No worries, fire away there even though you're i the middle of nowhere and there are no stops or Pokemon anywhere
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline marcus-g

• the unfriendly ghost
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: July 17, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »
I bet matrix in Liverpool are having fun. Stopping 40 year old men at 3am ''oi, what the fuck are you up to, looking for drugs?''
''nah mate catchin pokemon''.

That's gonna be the excuse of every scumbag pulled by the plod in the middle of the night  ;D

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #202 on: July 17, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »
Servers are a fucking joke. All day yesterday not being able to get in. All day today not able to get in. 3 am this morning? No worries, fire away there even though you're i the middle of nowhere and there are no stops or Pokemon anywhere
seem to be getting ddos attacks at the moment.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 17, 2016, 11:42:37 pm »
Apparently Canada came on board today and that's been the real issue with the servers and extra load.  The ddos attacks were yesterday, no word on them still going on today that I've seen.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #204 on: July 18, 2016, 01:24:02 am »
Level 20 now. Next level up is 50,000 exp.

I think I'm done.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 18, 2016, 01:33:19 am »
Level 20 now. Next level up is 50,000 exp.

I think I'm done.

20??? I'm still stuck on 8. You need to get out more. Or stay in more  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #206 on: July 18, 2016, 05:01:03 am »
20??? I'm still stuck on 8. You need to get out more. Or stay in more  ;D

Or just get out and you know, enjoy the scenery instead of swiping at pokemon xD

I am in Australia though, so we've had the game for a week longer.

It's a true phenomenon that gets old very fast.

Unless they plan on making battling/gyms a lot more fun than it is right now, I can't see how more than 1-2% of players will continue playing after level 20.

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 18, 2016, 07:05:24 am »
I've been getting out on my bike and riding much further now, got a mobile phone/gps holder for my handlebars and just go.  Hit 6 pokestops about every 10 minutes and just keep doing the circuit.

Got the full complement of 780+ evolved Eevee's now, so going to start taking the fight to some gyms around here.  There's a gym an easy bike ride away that's my team, their lowest is like 129cp and highest is maybe 650?  Time to start stacking coins and buying lucky eggs and incubators ;D

Unless they plan on making battling/gyms a lot more fun than it is right now, I can't see how more than 1-2% of players will continue playing after level 20.

Surely trading and trainer battles is right around the corner?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2016, 02:29:05 pm »
Here's a good power saving tip.

When you're walking around and don't need to look at your phone, turn it upside down and it dims to nearly black, while still running.

I didn't know if that was common knowledge, as I've only just found out myself ;D

I tried this earlier, but every time I did it, my screen froze :/

I could see the trainer moving, so it was live and working but I couldn't touch anything or activate any of the stops or catch any Pokemon! Had to restart the app several times and restart the phone too!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2016, 02:38:58 pm »
Or just get out and you know, enjoy the scenery instead of swiping at pokemon xD

I am in Australia though, so we've had the game for a week longer.

It's a true phenomenon that gets old very fast.

I think people will try to catch all 150; it's not just about levels etc.

Will be interesting to see if they introduce trades, it will take a while otherwise. Like football stickers, there will be one fucker you never get.

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2016, 03:19:45 pm »
I've been getting out on my bike and riding much further now, got a mobile phone/gps holder for my handlebars and just go.  Hit 6 pokestops about every 10 minutes and just keep doing the circuit.

Got the full complement of 780+ evolved Eevee's now, so going to start taking the fight to some gyms around here.  There's a gym an easy bike ride away that's my team, their lowest is like 129cp and highest is maybe 650?  Time to start stacking coins and buying lucky eggs and incubators ;D

Surely trading and trainer battles is right around the corner?
I found cycling didn't account for any distance covered with the incubators

And what colour of the map do you find them in more frequently? e.g. dark green, light green etc. I walked the dog last night for 90 minutes and nothing at all came up
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:23:32 pm by mabbympb »

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2016, 03:35:31 pm »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2016, 04:23:35 pm »
I went to the local cemetery last night, because it has about twenty stops. The roads through it are wide enough for two cars. There is one place, where there are five stops in close proximity, about two minutes walk and you can hit all five. Someone had put lures on three of them, and I was walking between them, catching loads. But there were about ten other people, just sitting in their cars, the lazy fuckers. It's funny, a couple of weeks ago would have meant it was a dogging spot.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 18, 2016, 05:44:12 pm »
Electrabuzz, Slowpoke and Dratini all lost to the fuckin freezing ball bug, first time I've seen any of them aswell... at least before it was still registering when this happened. Be nice if the developers let on that they're bothering to fix the multitude of bugs.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:13:39 pm by Bunter »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #214 on: July 18, 2016, 06:17:13 pm »
Electrabuzz, Slowpoke and Dratini all lost to the fuckin freezing ball bug, first time I've seen any of them aswell... at least before it was still registering when this happened. Be nice if the developers let on that they're bothering to fix the multitude of bugs.

OK, hands up, who else misread this and went "whaaaaat?" It's quite warm round here.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #215 on: July 18, 2016, 06:43:21 pm »
Managed to catch the beastliest Pokémon in existence!

Caterpie, Zubat, Ekans, Pidgey, Goldeen.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 18, 2016, 08:41:01 pm »
You can control how EEVEE evolves by editing the name:

Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 18, 2016, 09:32:54 pm »
No matter what I do I can't ever have a battle at a gym. My GPS jumps around too much and it quits out of the fight :( In 10 days and a lot of attempts I've managed to complete 2 rounds in total. Wish they'd make it less strict about your positioning, I can't be the only one with shite GPS?

Basically had to give up on fighting. Still having fun catching them though, got a Growlithe today with 400 CP, which was nice
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:34:36 pm by Slick_Beef »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #218 on: July 18, 2016, 10:27:16 pm »

Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

Ha! Works as well!

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 18, 2016, 10:46:56 pm »

Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

Thats how I got my three :-D

I found cycling didn't account for any distance covered with the incubators

And what colour of the map do you find them in more frequently? e.g. dark green, light green etc. I walked the dog last night for 90 minutes and nothing at all came up

Apparently have to be under 15mph for distance to count, I usually only get distance added between my high intensity intervals when I rest, but then again I am putting in like 25 miles whenI go out.  Eventually adds up

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 18, 2016, 10:49:33 pm »
No matter what I do I can't ever have a battle at a gym. My GPS jumps around too much and it quits out of the fight :( In 10 days and a lot of attempts I've managed to complete 2 rounds in total. Wish they'd make it less strict about your positioning, I can't be the only one with shite GPS?

Basically had to give up on fighting. Still having fun catching them though, got a Growlithe today with 400 CP, which was nice

Try changing your gps from device only to high accuracy or vice versa if in android, dunno about IOS.  Had this happen at one gym I found that is at a boat landing under a major bridge, only thing I can figure is the big bridge was interfering.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:56:44 pm by The Red Dojo »

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 18, 2016, 10:52:39 pm »

I have noticed this only happens when you are moving while trying to capture and they end up outside of your radius.  Sometimes they are still captured though, wait about 10 seconds after the ball freezes before forcing the app to close, then check your journal when you come back, might be caught

Started noticing the pokemon have started darting more often the last 2 days if you move outside the radius and they bust out.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:59:00 pm by The Red Dojo »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #222 on: July 18, 2016, 11:08:53 pm »

Sparky = Jolteon
Rainer = Vaporeon
Pyro = Flareon

Cheers mate, well worth knowing.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2016, 11:18:15 pm »
Down the albert dock again, Charmander and a Squirtle pop up one after the other ;D

After catching a Blastoise down there the other day, i think i've found my favourite spot!

Also managed to take over the Gym on the echo arena wheel.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #224 on: July 19, 2016, 08:43:36 am »
Ellesmere Port is crap for spots - I feel a trip to Liverpool coming on soon!

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2016, 11:40:01 am »
Ellesmere Port is crap for spots - I feel a trip to Liverpool coming on soon!

Most decent Pokemon I've found seem to be in a city, outside where I live it's just the same old Pidgey/Weevil etc. would be nice if some rare ones turned up out of the way in the 'green areas' instead always by a road.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2016, 11:41:54 am »
They're very cosmopolitan creatures, Pokemon. Don't like slumming it in the rurals, away from the WiFi hotspots and big football clubs.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2016, 06:22:26 pm »
Been battling this guy and girl for a local gym for the last few days. Was walking around today and saw somebody taking it off me. Turns out it's not a couple or anything, just 1 guy who's playing on 2 phones so he can control gyms easier. Fucker
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2016, 07:10:25 pm »
Been battling this guy and girl for a local gym for the last few days. Was walking around today and saw somebody taking it off me. Turns out it's not a couple or anything, just 1 guy who's playing on 2 phones so he can control gyms easier. Fucker

Cheats and nerds ruin video games for normal people

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2016, 09:16:03 pm »
Releasing in Japan tomorrow, expect the servers to be horrible
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2016, 09:42:57 pm »
Releasing in Japan tomorrow, expect the servers to be horrible
Have the early risers already killed it? 5:43AM over there, and servers are down.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2016, 10:47:38 pm »
Have the early risers already killed it? 5:43AM over there, and servers are down.

You'd hope they'd fix the nearly game breaking bugs like server crashes, tracking being broken, freezes during pokeball attempts and gyms being dodgy before launching in another major market to crash the servers even harder but yeah...

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 20, 2016, 09:04:04 am »
This game is certainly getting a lot of free advertising through the media. Nintendo must be creaming themselves.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 20, 2016, 09:26:26 am »
This game is certainly getting a lot of free advertising through the media. Nintendo must be creaming themselves.

Yep.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36833916

Nintendo be like:

Mario is jizzing everywhere.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #234 on: July 20, 2016, 09:51:43 am »
Finally evolved my Poliwrath  8) Absolute beast he is, defo gonna be taking down some gyms now.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #235 on: July 20, 2016, 11:09:19 am »
Do the more rare ones show up the higher level you are?  I have evolved a couple and upgraded them.  I went past a gym the other day and the person holding it (I think ) has something like 1500 CP.  I've got one over 100 and I'm made up at level 5.

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #236 on: July 20, 2016, 11:13:05 am »
Took a different route to work this morning - got 5 Pokestops and caught a Ponyta so that was a success!

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2016, 11:14:34 am »
Do the more rare ones show up the higher level you are?  I have evolved a couple and upgraded them.  I went past a gym the other day and the person holding it (I think ) has something like 1500 CP.  I've got one over 100 and I'm made up at level 5.

Level 10 and I think the highest I've caught was 300-odd CP. Definitely seeing a wider variety, but still a lot of rats and pidgeys.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2016, 11:40:09 am »
https://pokevision.com

Good website BUT sort've ruins the fun.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2016, 04:44:19 pm »
https://pokevision.com

Good website BUT sort've ruins the fun.

does it work?

Suggests there's next to nothing around where I live but there's always a rattata, pidgey etc nearby.