Author Topic: Max Payne 3  (Read 11534 times)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: Max Payne 3
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 07:32:00 am »
If you wan cross platform games get a 360 as they'll be cheaper and handle better.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2012, 10:37:17 am »
Actually, the thought has crossed my mind.
But I really don't know, is it such a good game ?
I've heard such bad things about games like Skyrim, Fallout 3+NV and RAGE on the consoles.
And I wouldn't know what to get and how to make the right choice.
Do I have to look at the best graphical abilities or to the games released for it ?
If you love GTA and like the idea of playing an open world Wild West game it's a must buy. The games story mode in itself is compelling (the only game I felt I ever had to complete 100%) and the free roam multiplayer is great fun as well.

There's nothing wrong with the multi platform games you mentioned, although there is a Skyrim save glitch on the PS3 but I have it on the 360 so it didn't matter for me. The consoles hardware is outdated but developers manage to get the best out of them, in my opinion Red Dead Redemption is a stunning looking game.

Both consoles are identical in what they can generate although the PS3 has 1080p. I would say get a 360 but that's just my personal preference. I had a PS3 first but Xbox Live is much better than PSN.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2012, 03:01:56 pm »
If you wan cross platform games get a PC as they'll be cheaper and handle better.

Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2012, 09:19:53 pm »
He has a pc already though?!?

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2012, 11:44:03 pm »
A PC is hardly cross platform, no platform a lot of the time.

Is there even any gameplay footage of this about?

Offline Megasuperb

• really would look good without that pattern
  • Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2012, 12:32:45 am »
No platform? PC has more exclusives and games that the console can only dream of  :P. The only worthwhile game is perhaps Red Dead Redemption. Ever since I bought a USB 360 controller for my PC I flogged my Xbox off, absolutely no reason to have it. And playing a game like Max Payne with a console controller is like driving with your elbows, don't envy you lads.

Is there even any gameplay footage of this about?

Plenty mate, mostly in the form of "technology" showoff series.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ULVSPVb9ktc?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ULVSPVb9ktc?fs=1</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/td7Y6ISS3nk?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/td7Y6ISS3nk?fs=1</a>

Quote from: Mohammad Shahrul
We are going to bully them today. We are a big club. We are Liverpool
for God sake and we are marching to Wembley. The shit club like
Villa is just a sex slave for The Mighty Reds' lust.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2012, 04:36:51 am »
really hope this lives up to the originals. Looking that way at the minute
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2012, 01:43:19 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/TxFRjLHUMuo&amp;feature=plcp" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/TxFRjLHUMuo&amp;feature=plcp</a>

Cannot fooking wait!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:45:43 pm by Mr Kipling »

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2012, 02:00:08 pm »
Was just about to search for this thread, game comes out next week and I am buzzing!! 

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2012, 03:12:00 pm »
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2012, 12:03:30 am »
Game has apparently been leaked, here's a video of the intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5TQWI3wJ0

.. as well as a lot of gameplay in the next parts, personally I only watched about 10 seconds of it because I don't want anything spoiled. The familiar intro of the strings just as he entered the flat already sent shivers down my spine, so I'm confident Rockstar handled this game well. Fucking love Max Payne, think I'll replay 1 and 2 while I wait for another 2+ weeks for the PC release  :(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 12:07:33 am by Megasuperb »

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 01:01:58 am »
Game has apparently been leaked, here's a video of the intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5TQWI3wJ0

.. as well as a lot of gameplay in the next parts, personally I only watched about 10 seconds of it because I don't want anything spoiled. The familiar intro of the strings just as he entered the flat already sent shivers down my spine, so I'm confident Rockstar handled this game well. Fucking love Max Payne, think I'll replay 1 and 2 while I wait for another 2+ weeks for the PC release  :(

xbox version has been available for download for a couple of days

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2012, 04:26:00 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t__nhjQRB4U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t__nhjQRB4U</a>

I have just seen this and wow, if there was a game that described next-gen, this is it.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline Convectuoso

• Kopite
  • RUM HAM!!!! I'm Sorry!!!!
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 04:50:23 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/t__nhjQRB4U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/t__nhjQRB4U</a>

I have just seen this and wow, if there was a game that described next-gen, this is it.

That is awesome. I'm really looking forward to this, hopefully it arrives on time.
Later dudes, S you in your A's Don't wear a C and J all over your B's

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »
I hope it looks this good and plays well on the ps3. As no surprises the 360 is lead platform.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2012, 10:39:22 am »
Sopping wet for this!!

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2012, 05:31:47 pm »
Sopping wet for this!!

Here is a review I saw about this. Dont think it contains any spoilers or at least no major ones ( I didnt recognise any spoilers). Sadly it seems like the hype is greater than the game itself.

But anyone who is interested can see the review for himself:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/review-max-payne-3/730059

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2012, 12:18:56 am »
Even though it's got good reviews else where. Gametrailers lost their credibility when they kept giving COD's 9/10's.
Sup bitches?

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2012, 09:36:44 am »
Looks like a rental to me, did from the start though.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2012, 01:40:12 pm »
7/10 on Eurogamer.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »
9/10 on IGN
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2012, 02:18:18 pm »
9/10 on Gamespot. Usually harsh.
Sup bitches?

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2012, 03:59:21 pm »
I don't know but is there anything out there that is more reputable than IGN & Gamespot ?

Usually what these two say is enough for me.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2012, 07:56:11 pm »
Just pre-orderd this for £30 best be good

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2012, 11:06:58 pm »
I don't know but is there anything out there that is more reputable than IGN & Gamespot ?

I think Eurogamer is the best written and most interesting site.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Megasuperb

• Legacy Fan
  • Diet Water Please
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2012, 04:33:25 am »

No mate, IGN (which is owned by the Murdoch empire) and Gamespot are vile, paid off bastards. There have been instances where they have sacked reviewers on both sites for not scoring a game high enough (Call of Duty and Kane & Lynch respectively). Not that I'm denying Max Payne 3 is a great game, I'm a big fan of the series. But I wouldn't give them any attention.

The only site I give any sort of credence is Rock Paper Shotgun, or PC Gamer. Not aimed to console users anyway, obviously.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2012, 07:25:52 am »
All reviews are subjective anyway mate.

Metacritic is a good indication as there are 100's of people scoring it and you get an average. Otherwise if there are any gaming podcasts you like then listen to those.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2012, 11:46:49 pm »
Is there a demo for it and has anyone played it?

I'm not really into the GTA games and if it has the feel of one of them, I don't think I'll bother with it. The first two were class.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2012, 08:31:43 am »

I'm not really into the GTA games and if it has the feel of one of them, I don't think I'll bother with it. The first two were class.

From what I've seen the only thing in common with GTA is the developer. The story is quite linear and your movements are story driven with options being quite limited. And you certainly can't go around in vehicles. Again, from what I've seen it is very much like the first two which is everything that we'd expected and wanted, only better.

Here's a review to give you a better idea.
here

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2012, 11:18:33 am »

Watch some of the video's mate it's nothing like RDR/GTA.  Think they have done a great job (from video evidence alone).

Anyone wanting to get this tomorrow, Gamestation are offering it for 99p if you trade in 2 selected games.  Battllefield, COD, FIFA, Skyrim are all on the list.  Not seen it in full, but they told me in store.

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2012, 12:14:20 pm »
got my copy of max payne today a day early from amazon  ;D

story mode is like a playable movie, only your watching quite a bit of it, with playing the game to break up the cut scenes, and multiplayer is intense you have to keep moving to basically stay alive :D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 02:37:40 pm by Lucho_LFC8 »

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2012, 08:53:17 pm »
From what I've seen the only thing in common with GTA is the developer. The story is quite linear and your movements are story driven with options being quite limited. And you certainly can't go around in vehicles. Again, from what I've seen it is very much like the first two which is everything that we'd expected and wanted, only better.

Here's a review to give you a better idea.
here

Watch some of the video's mate it's nothing like RDR/GTA.  Think they have done a great job (from video evidence alone).

Thanks lads. If there's no demo to play I'll wait for you lot on here to post some reviews and thoughts though the videos and some articles have been quite positive.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2012, 11:44:43 pm »
In regards to the review discussion, IGN are rancid. Eurogamer are decent, but the best one's by far are Xbox World magazine. They don't have a proper website but there mag is definitely worth subscribing to. Very honest, often brutally so. Never find games getting a free ride with them, last COD got a 7/10 iirc.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline D0GFACE

• "..... there'snoplacelikehome ..... there'snoplacelikehome ....."
  • Kopite
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2012, 05:57:59 pm »
Got my copy delivered today, will give it a whirl later! :)
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2012, 12:39:53 am »
Ps3

Just playing chapter 2 now, first impressions.

Graphics are superb, Max's character is a fucked up alcoholic pill popper who's a real mess.
It's like a film similar to alot of rockstar game's but it's so far holding my attention better than GTA, red dead etc which I've never really got into.

The biggest gripe I've had with other rockstar game's is the action parts which seem very boring, all run, cover pop out shoot and repeat. This is similar but bullet time is mint and adds another dimension to the action.

It's very violent, the last man in a section when you kill him you get a different camera angle kill cam that follows your bullet into him.. You can slow this down and also continue shooting, just emptied a shot gun into someone in slow motion and it looked fucking boss.

All in all so far impressed, time will tell because I'm generally a online gamer who gets bored easily of playing single player games and don't end up finishing them.

Also I've been killed a fair few times because I'm a firm believer that auto aim is for fanny's and this gives you the option to turn it off, third person games are more difficult to run and with especially using a controller.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline lfcjake

• Kopite
  • A Fellow Red
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2012, 12:54:16 am »
Love the music in this.
Sup bitches?

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2012, 05:48:37 pm »
Is this worth getting? Seems to have decent reviews but we all know what R* are like when it comes to reviewing (IGN gave GTA 4 10/10, which it obviously isn't!)
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline Lucho_LFC8

• Main Stander
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2012, 12:32:14 pm »
does anyone know if this game is hacked yet online, just unloaded half a magazine into some guys upper body/head, his health bar went down near to the bottom and just got full health in a matter of seconds?!

Offline Trousers

• All Mouth And...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2012, 06:36:25 pm »
Targeting is ludicrous.
Militant Internet Terrorist.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2012, 07:11:30 pm »
Targeting is ludicrous.

Too easy or?