Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3094190 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: David Moyes is still the manager of Manchester United
« Reply #13080 on: December 2, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »
Well, Moyes has remained unbeaten for a long time now. He came through two tough games (Arsenal and Spurs) unscathed. They are now 2 points behind us, and since Southampton have lost 2 in a row, they must be favourite for 4th now. They will reach that before Xmas - of that I have no doubt.
Surprisingly, he is doing much better for them than Hodgson did for us. He even has less brain farts than Hodgson in his press conferences. To be honest, before November, I never knew he was a much better manager than Hodgson (and probably a better man too)...

Think United are massive favourites for a Top 4 position compared with ourselves, Spurs, Everton etc.. Always thought that despite the poor start they had. Moyes was left with too much quality at his disposal for it to fall apart completely.

Don't think they'll win the league but I'd never rule them out. The challenge for Moyes is going to be replacing key 1st team players over the next few years. Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Giggs, RVP are all 30+ and will not be the force they were over the next few seasons. Ferguson was a master at evolving the team while keeping them competitive. I have doubts that Moyes can do as good a job personally.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #13081 on: December 2, 2013, 12:31:37 pm »
Well he's got a 6 year contract to provide the answer to the questions  you've rightly raised. Which in all truth is how it should be. You've given the guy his contract and unless he's floundering like a tide-abandoned flapping flat fish, the onus is on owners to give the fella - and this applies to ANY CLUB - a good go at it. Otherwise why did he get a team-building contract of that duration in the first place? Far too much chopping of blokes when they've been there less than a year - ferkin' crap response from the success NOW brigade to tougher times.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2013, 01:14:57 pm by JohnnoWhiteChristmas »
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #13082 on: December 2, 2013, 01:01:10 pm »
Just read some of the Mancs comments on here, it's getting dull and boring can we not fuck him off back to red cafe or anywhere really.
Seen good posters on here banned for talking less shit.
No you haven't.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13083 on: December 2, 2013, 01:19:30 pm »
Haha did you see yourself against Cardiff?

Arsenal's performance there yesterday showed how far off you still are under Moyes.

Shite again today. On the back foot for much of the game. Cleverly and Jones as a midfield pair? Bloody laughable.

You can't use that, we lost to Hull. Crystal palace beat hull. maybe that should show how far off we are
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13084 on: December 2, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »
You can't use that, we lost to Hull. Crystal palace beat hull. maybe that should show how far off we are

and we beat man u........its one game.  doesn't really show anything and apart from Arsenal, no one team has won all the games they were expected to.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #13085 on: December 2, 2013, 02:00:29 pm »
Just a little story for no other reason than I want to mention it.

Yesterday's match kicked off 8am my time. Which meant the Mancs v Spurs were at 6am. I got to the pub when there were about 10 minutes left in their match. There were 2 people in the pub. One of our lads who beat me by a few minutes and 1 Spurs supporter. I talked to the lad behind the bar and asked did they open at 6am for the match, he said they did. Not one Manc showed up for their crunch clash. One would have thought that some of the Mancs would show up early but none did. Makes no difference when we're the early match there's always a group of us there. People talk about how much the Mancs are followed but they're full of bandwagoners.

Speaking of which, one came into the pub just before Hull City scored their first. As I am by the door, when he came in I told him he was late, his match was at 6am. He had on his Manc shirt and Manc scarve.  He couldn't be arsed to show up to support his team when they were on. Probably watched at home and to console himself after the 2-2, he decided to come support Hull. He proceeded to cheer when Hull scored and a couple of our lads gave him shit for it. At the end of the match I said loud enough for him and everyone else to hear..He's a typical Manc only interested in our results but at the end of the day, they're in 8th and best of all David Moyes is manager of Manchester United.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline garmirkak

• Kemlynite
  • A Bitter
« Reply #13086 on: December 2, 2013, 02:07:48 pm »
Ah leave them be. They're only doing it in here and they're not being too bad with it. Everyone's got time for gallows humour.

They're happy with Moyes, we're happy they've got Moyes. Can't we just get along for a bit?

You both are not as happy as us Everton fans that they got Moyes   ;D
A Bitter

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13087 on: December 2, 2013, 02:08:25 pm »
4pool, Sounds like jealousy because your Manc friends have a TV at home and you don't.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13088 on: December 2, 2013, 02:48:21 pm »
4pool, Sounds like jealousy because your Manc friends have a TV at home and you don't.

yeah that would be it...lol.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13089 on: December 2, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »
yes runners up that year, mind we didnt have the officials in  our pockets, when you lot were 2-0 down against spurs  and webb gave you that penalty  for your player falling over thin air i had a big feeling  we wouldnt win it....

He also sorted them out when they were at home to Bolton during the same season.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13090 on: December 2, 2013, 05:28:54 pm »
Still laughing at my Manc house mate who speaks about the 9 point gap to Arsenal, forgetting they'll have to get above every team in between and both Chelsea and Man City gained 2 further points on them. It would be fucking annoying how arrogant he is, if it wasn't for the fact I will enjoy watching them fail to close the gap.

I guess when you are 20 and have known nothing other than pretty much 1st or 2nd, it takes a while to sink in.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Reports back to Red Cafe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #13091 on: December 2, 2013, 06:27:29 pm »
yes runners up that year, mind we didnt have the officials in  our pockets, when you lot were 2-0 down against spurs  and webb gave you that penalty  for your player falling over thin air i had a big feeling  we wouldnt win it....

Did you cried in that game too, when Palacios wasn't sent off despite he deserved it?
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13092 on: December 2, 2013, 06:30:48 pm »
Did you cried in that game too, when Palacios wasn't sent off despite he deserved it?

Let's be honest pal, the penalty was a complete and utter joke.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13093 on: December 2, 2013, 07:09:16 pm »
No you haven't.
Get over yourself - it was my opinion which doesn't tally with yours - so what.

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13094 on: December 2, 2013, 07:16:38 pm »
You can't expect the transition from the greatest manager of all time to be seamless.

Joe Fagan did alright.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #13095 on: December 2, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »
Get over yourself - it was my opinion which doesn't tally with yours - so what.
Get over myself? Excuse me?
I have access to the ban logs, all bans there have ever been. Do you?
I'm telling you that you're wrong. You haven't seen anyone banned for anything like that. And your 'opinion' is based on 100% ignorance of what you're talking about.
Behave.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #13096 on: December 2, 2013, 08:00:06 pm »
Let's be honest pal, the penalty was a complete and utter joke.

It never was a penalty, but these things happen. We scored another 4 goals in that game and as I said Palacios should have been sent off before we got that penalty. Yet only one of them is being remembered by you.

Saying that was the reason why you didn't won the title is ridiculous though. You didn't won the title because we were better than you during the entire course of the league. There are United fans who still moan about Drogba's offside goal which apparently gave the title to Chelsea, forgetting that only a few minutes later Macheda scored with his hand. I could moan now that we didn't won the title 2 years ago because the ref incorrectly awarded a pen to Ben Arfa after a perfectly legal tackle by Rio which cost us 2 points, but let's be honest, that wasn't the reason why City won the title. They were the better team during the entire course of the league. If we were better we would have won more than a point in decisive games against Wigan and Everton.

I find hilarious people moaning and going into conspirative theories for titles who have have decided years ago, especially considering that they use only the arguments which are in support of their theory, forgetting all other cases when it goes against. If someone does that and wants to be taken seriously, at-least he should mention all the cases that goes pro and against his thoery and also compare them with other teams who have been fighting for the title. Prove that something like that has happened for a few years and you have a point, but simply getting isolated incidents and completely forgetting anything else (like in this case when the other bigger incorrect decision goes in favor of the other team) makes that person only looks bitter.
“Ah, yes, ‘Reapers’. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim.”

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #13097 on: December 2, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »
Just a little story for no other reason than I want to mention it.

Yesterday's match kicked off 8am my time. Which meant the Mancs v Spurs were at 6am. I got to the pub when there were about 10 minutes left in their match. There were 2 people in the pub. One of our lads who beat me by a few minutes and 1 Spurs supporter. I talked to the lad behind the bar and asked did they open at 6am for the match, he said they did. Not one Manc showed up for their crunch clash. One would have thought that some of the Mancs would show up early but none did. Makes no difference when we're the early match there's always a group of us there. People talk about how much the Mancs are followed but they're full of bandwagoners.

Speaking of which, one came into the pub just before Hull City scored their first. As I am by the door, when he came in I told him he was late, his match was at 6am. He had on his Manc shirt and Manc scarve.  He couldn't be arsed to show up to support his team when they were on. Probably watched at home and to console himself after the 2-2, he decided to come support Hull. He proceeded to cheer when Hull scored and a couple of our lads gave him shit for it. At the end of the match I said loud enough for him and everyone else to hear..He's a typical Manc only interested in our results but at the end of the day, they're in 8th and best of all David Moyes is manager of Manchester United.

I used to have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so I was able to get down to the pub and watch Champions League. Had a Manc who would come in all decked out in a United kit and scarf and hat. Looked to be in his early 30's. Anyway, I never had any problem with him -beyond the usual arrogance -until the day they showed Eric Cantona in the crowd and the guy asked the bartender "Who's that?"

I've got time for a lot of fans from all different clubs, but I've got no time for that. Wonder if he even knows who his new manager is.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #13098 on: December 2, 2013, 08:18:23 pm »
My brother the manc regularly asks me when his team is playing.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13099 on: December 2, 2013, 08:27:01 pm »
My brother the manc regularly asks me when his team is playing.
Bet he knows when we play.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #13100 on: December 2, 2013, 08:29:25 pm »
Get over myself? Excuse me?
I have access to the ban logs, all bans there have ever been. Do you?
I'm telling you that you're wrong. You haven't seen anyone banned for anything like that. And your 'opinion' is based on 100% ignorance of what you're talking about.
Behave.
Can see someone getting ban for talking bollocks :D
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13101 on: December 2, 2013, 08:40:37 pm »
I used to have Tuesdays and Wednesdays off, so I was able to get down to the pub and watch Champions League. Had a Manc who would come in all decked out in a United kit and scarf and hat. Looked to be in his early 30's. Anyway, I never had any problem with him -beyond the usual arrogance -until the day they showed Eric Cantona in the crowd and the guy asked the bartender "Who's that?"

I've got time for a lot of fans from all different clubs, but I've got no time for that. Wonder if he even knows who his new manager is.

I was going to challenge him to a singing contest. I sing a Liverpool song, he sings a MU one. I suspect all he knew was Roooneh, Roooneh, and maybe the RvP one if he was lucky.

I knew i'd win, so didn't bother..lol.

btw..there's another Manc supporter who chose them because he played them in X-box and always won, that's why he chose them. Now to be fair he at least learned a few songs after I gave him stick about it...lol.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #13102 on: December 2, 2013, 09:32:57 pm »
Can see someone getting ban for talking bollocks :D
Nah, the 5th is a decent lad.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #13103 on: December 2, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »
A question for the Man Utd fans on here:

What does Tom Cleverley bring to your team?

(I get the impression he's your version of Jordan Henderson, e.g. young, English, midfield, divides opinion, fans of other teams laugh at him....etc.)

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #13104 on: December 2, 2013, 09:59:54 pm »
It never was a penalty, but these things happen.

They certainly do and did.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #13105 on: December 2, 2013, 10:00:15 pm »

(I get the impression he's your version of Jordan Henderson, e.g. young, English, midfield, divides opinion, fans of other teams laugh at him....etc.)

They wish he was their version of Jordan Henderson. He's more of an English Anderson without the dreadlocks and the extra weight.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Erics Collar Don't Mata

• always did look ridiculous.
  • Main Stander
  • Not arrogant, just better.
« Reply #13106 on: December 2, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »

Pretty much, he divides opinion and no other team rates him. I think every club has one or two of those. In my opinion, he is a good squad player, he was important in our title win last season, partnered Carrick quite a bit and did a decent job. While he doesn't offer much of an attacking threat in terms of creativity, is ball retention is very good, that's his strength.

He would be on a very small pay packet compared to some, so I am happy for him to add to the squad but we do need to upgrade in order to challenge in Europe. He has a role to play though.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2013, 10:06:51 pm by Erics_Collar »

• Main Stander
« Reply #13107 on: December 2, 2013, 10:04:55 pm »
Also, as poor as Ashley Young has been this season, fair play to him here, this is a nice gesture.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13108 on: December 2, 2013, 10:34:55 pm »
It never was a penalty, but these things happen.

It's just unfortunate that 'these things' seem to happen in favour of Manchester United quite a lot. I thought it was ironic that Rooney rescued a point for you on Saturday when he shouldn't have even been on the pitch (after his actions in Cardiff the previous week). It reminded me of the time he (unsurprisingly) got away with elbowing James Mccarthy.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #13109 on: December 2, 2013, 10:37:26 pm »
It's just unfortunate that 'these things' seem to happen in favour of Manchester United quite a lot. I thought it was ironic that Rooney rescued a point for you on Saturday when he shouldn't have even been on the pitch (after his actions in Cardiff the previous week). It reminded me of the time he (unsurprisingly) got away with elbowing James Mccarthy.

He got them the point against Cardiff as well pretty much, and shouldn't have seen the rest of that game after his malicious, violent kick.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13110 on: December 2, 2013, 10:41:25 pm »
He got them the point against Cardiff as well pretty much, and shouldn't have seen the rest of that game after his malicious, violent kick.

And, he of course has form.....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cZiglxejc-U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cZiglxejc-U</a>
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #13111 on: December 2, 2013, 10:41:59 pm »

Never believed the hype that he'll be the next [insert great midfielder name here] but I was pretty sure that he'll be a very good squad player for us.

Hovewer he has been depressing this year (calendaric). I have been criticizing him on redcafe for a couple of months and firstly I was crucified for doing so, but now a lot of people seems to agree with me. At the moment he is on auto-passing backwards to center back mode, and it seems that this is all he can do. Watching him last game was depressing but against Cardiff was even worse. Fellaini was shit but still better than Cleverley and his passing to CB became so ridiculous that other players started to completely ignore him. Ultimatelly it went to the point that our best hoes for sending the ball on Cardiff's half of the pitch was from Jonny Evans. The game against Stoke was his worst though, he gave one of the most non-existent performances I have ever seen. On the bright side, I think that he was our best player against Chelsea but this is pretty much all the good thing I have to say about him regarding this season.

Genuinely speaking - though acnowledging that it is still early - I don't think that he'll have a future here. IMO he simply isn't good enough and 3 good games 2 years ago (when Ando looked like Zidane and Young like Cruyff, exageratting a bit but they playerd excellent in those 3 first games of 2011-2012 season) doesn't mean that he'll ever be a good player. Personally, I wouldn't care at all if he'll get shipped on summer, academy player or not, he should do better than this. I also think that our other duo, Ando and Fellaini aren't good enough for us too, so idealistically we need 3 central midfielders. Of course that this won't happen, so I'll expect us to sign a good one (hopefully not Cabaye cause it will be only a slight improvement on Fellaini) and to ship Ando in the summer and then likely Cleverley will have his last chance here next season. At the moment I would prefer to see even Anderson above him in the pecking order. And it is a bit depressing that in Carrick's absense, our best central midfielders seems to be a 21 years old central defender and a 40 years old winger.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #13112 on: December 2, 2013, 10:44:01 pm »

Both Rooney and Medel should have been sent off in that match. Yet again only one is mentioned. This was exactly my point.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13113 on: December 2, 2013, 10:45:57 pm »
Both Rooney and Medel should have been sent off in that match. Yet again only one is mentioned. This was exactly my point.

You always get the rub of the green from referees mate, you'd get more respect if you admitted it.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #13114 on: December 2, 2013, 10:49:34 pm »
You always get the rub of the green from referees mate, you'd get more respect if you admitted it.

I said it again and I repeat. Find all the decisions that have went in favour of United and all other against them and compare them to similar decisions of other teams who have been fighting for the title. If you'll find a difference there you have a point, if you say 'yada yada, you win only because of referees' then I am afraid not.

Offline Paragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13115 on: December 2, 2013, 10:51:12 pm »
I said it again and I repeat. Find all the decisions that have went in favour of United and all other against them and compare them to similar decisions of other teams who have been fighting for the title. If you'll find a difference there you have a point, if you say 'yada yada, you win only because of referees' then I am afraid not.

I don't doubt that you've been the best team, but you've had preferential treatment from referees along the way.

Offline TheRevanchist

• Legacy Fan
  • Manchester United fan
« Reply #13116 on: December 2, 2013, 10:52:30 pm »
I don't doubt that you've been the best team, but you've had preferential treatment from referees along the way.

Prove it!  8)

Anyway, I am off for today. We can discuss it tomorrow if you want.

• Main Stander
« Reply #13117 on: December 2, 2013, 10:53:19 pm »
With Rene taking over at Fulham, I think Anderson could move on in January. Will be a sad day as everyone at the clubs loves him but it's probably for the best.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13118 on: December 2, 2013, 10:54:19 pm »
With Rene taking over at Fulham, I think Anderson could move on in January. Will be a sad day as everyone at the clubs loves him but it's probably for the best.

Don't think your smileys are showing up mate.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13119 on: December 2, 2013, 10:56:28 pm »
Don't think your smileys are showing up mate.

Anderson ate them.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....