Author Topic: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)  (Read 604851 times)

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Harvey Elliott (Harvey Daniel James Elliott)
« Reply #6000 on: March 17, 2024, 07:39:33 pm »
What set up guarantees you won’t turn it over?!
BAsically when the ball comes back out of the box normally that when you shot a long shot(even though it bad % wise to reset your defense). The bouncing ball and confusing with Endo more the issue.
There was no player by Bradley, Endo and Elliott going for the same ball what allowed numbers along with the bad touch by Elliott. United had 11 players in their own box.
It was Bradley at the halfway line and Mac, Endo, Elliott on the edge of the box to send the ball back into the box.
It just bad execution in the 120th minute

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6001 on: March 17, 2024, 07:51:48 pm »
BAsically when the ball comes back out of the box normally that when you shot a long shot(even though it bad % wise to reset your defense). The bouncing ball and confusing with Endo more the issue.
There was no player by Bradley, Endo and Elliott going for the same ball what allowed numbers along with the bad touch by Elliott. United had 11 players in their own box.
It was Bradley at the halfway line and Mac, Endo, Elliott on the edge of the box to send the ball back into the box.
It just bad execution in the 120th minute

Again it highlights some future improvement. Personally i think we are heavy on midfield technical ability and a player light in terms of power and physicality. None of those players are ever getting back.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6002 on: March 17, 2024, 08:09:50 pm »
Again it highlights some future improvement. Personally i think we are heavy on midfield technical ability and a player light in terms of power and physicality. None of those players are ever getting back.
Every Midfielder in the squad is very technically even if they have more physical traits. Jones, Gravenberch and Szoboszlai where not on at that time. Clark  seems over 5'10.
Mac Allister seemed gassed at that point also.
It just more the technical ability failed at the end of the game.
Regardless It always the smaller player back and Bigger players in the box on corners(this is true other team too not just Liverpool)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6003 on: March 17, 2024, 09:02:48 pm »
I can't blame him for that last goal. It's a miscontrol that can happen any time, it just cost us more today. The way we approached that corner was a bit brainless.
I think maybe they might have been thinking of the league cup final where we score at the death from a corner. That's what I was thinking anyway. I wonder had we not done that, might we have taken a short one today. We'll never know.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6004 on: March 17, 2024, 09:07:16 pm »
Thought Mainoo for them showed what a top young prospect actually looks like.

And I thought Bradley and Quansah and Elliot did the same for us.

Offline Bastion Of Invincibility

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6005 on: March 19, 2024, 11:16:07 am »
Mainoo is a top prospect, but doesn't mean Elliott isn't one too.

Any young player can make mistakes but he just doesn't offer enough in 1 v 1 duels for the Premier League. Some people compare him to Curtis but Jones was always great 1v1 and could help out his teammates and relieve pressure. Still, he's a decent passer and so were Jay Spearing, Luis Alberto, Suso, Pacheco, Joe Allen et al. so he has the potential to have a decent professional career at a good level.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6006 on: March 19, 2024, 11:24:08 am »
Any young player can make mistakes but he just doesn't offer enough in 1 v 1 duels for the Premier League. Some people compare him to Curtis but Jones was always great 1v1 and could help out his teammates and relieve pressure. Still, he's a decent passer and so were Jay Spearing, Luis Alberto, Suso, Pacheco, Joe Allen et al. so he has the potential to have a decent professional career at a good level.

You are out of your fucking mind if you are comparing him to them, or more likely just a straight up troll.

He has played more games than all of them (other than Allen who was 2 years older when he joined and already with prem experience) and contributed more than all of them combined.

I don't think you are being sincere with this, but if you are then fuck me the game isn't for you

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6007 on: March 19, 2024, 11:31:25 am »

You've done this before and you were called out on it and here you are again doing the same. It's absolutely fucking insane and it makes you look like a right t**t

If you genuinely believe Harvey Elliott is the same as Jay Spearing then there is no help for you and you should be ignored by everyone on everything

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #6008 on: March 19, 2024, 11:34:15 am »
Thought Mainoo for them showed what a top young prospect actually looks like.

These are both absolute shockers. The first one you can put down to being a bit rash immediately after the game, but spouting shit days later is a bad look.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6009 on: March 19, 2024, 11:40:50 am »

Clueless attention seeker says what ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6010 on: March 19, 2024, 11:54:18 am »
Elliott is class, might not be the most physical but he’s not the first player in the league to be brilliant without that

He’s made numerous huge contributions this season, ridiculous if anyone can’t recognise his quality

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6011 on: March 19, 2024, 11:57:25 am »
Elliott is class, might not be the most physical but he’s not the first player in the league to be brilliant without that

He’s made numerous huge contributions this season, ridiculous if anyone can’t recognise his quality

One of the standout players this year in my opinion. Lost track of how many times he's come off the bench to change the game.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6012 on: March 19, 2024, 12:37:33 pm »
You've done this before and you were called out on it and here you are again doing the same. It's absolutely fucking insane and it makes you look like a right t**t

If you genuinely believe Harvey Elliott is the same as Jay Spearing then there is no help for you and you should be ignored by everyone on everything

As noted - Bastion of Stupidity has already done this previously and pretended that it was off the back of a bad loss.

He's embarrassing. Don't care if he goes to the games or not.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6013 on: March 19, 2024, 01:08:13 pm »
You are out of your fucking mind if you are comparing him to them, or more likely just a straight up troll.

He has played more games than all of them (other than Allen who was 2 years older when he joined and already with prem experience) and contributed more than all of them combined.

I don't think you are being sincere with this, but if you are then fuck me the game isn't for you

Would you have said Jon Flanagan was the future of Liverpool in May 2014?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6014 on: March 19, 2024, 01:09:32 pm »
One of the standout players this year in my opinion. Lost track of how many times he's come off the bench to change the game.

100%, incredible for his age and after the injury he had.

Just needs to learn the dark arts a little more, that will come.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6015 on: March 19, 2024, 01:15:44 pm »

Oooooo - I know, I know!!

"What is "strawman", Alex?"

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6016 on: March 19, 2024, 01:18:51 pm »

You mean the player who didn't get his break until he was older than Elliott is right now, and has also played less games and made fewer contributions than Elliott right now (and in fact few than Elliott this season alone never mind his entire career so far)

You are honestly talking out your arse and using some fucking wild false equivalencies to past young players
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 01:23:05 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6017 on: March 19, 2024, 01:20:43 pm »
Oooooo - I know, I know!!

"What is "strawman", Alex?"

The level of argument feels like someone saying Nunez is good and the retort being "Well would you say Benteke was good then? I thought not"

It's fucking wild

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6018 on: March 19, 2024, 01:22:06 pm »
As noted - Bastion of Stupidity has already done this previously and pretended that it was off the back of a bad loss.

He's embarrassing. Don't care if he goes to the games or not.

Not a fucking chance he does

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6019 on: March 19, 2024, 01:23:53 pm »

I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6020 on: March 19, 2024, 01:26:59 pm »
All remember as well this judgement is on the basis of him not being good enough on 1 v 1 duals.

Because apparently he isn't good at that, he is a failure

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6021 on: March 19, 2024, 01:27:30 pm »
All remember as well this judgement is on the basis of him not being good enough on 1 v 1 duals.

Because apparently he isn't good at that, he is a failure

He'll never make a jouster.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #6022 on: March 19, 2024, 01:28:10 pm »

Is it wrong I found this funny on many levels?

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6023 on: March 19, 2024, 01:30:12 pm »
He's noticeably gotten stronger this season. It was true before the current season though.

That's why he's more effective because he can impose his game

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6024 on: March 19, 2024, 01:53:16 pm »
You mean the player who didn't get his break until he was older than Elliott is right now, and has also played less games and made fewer contributions than Elliott right now (and in fact few than Elliott this season alone never mind his entire career so far)

You are honestly talking out your arse and using some fucking wild false equivalencies to past young players

Well people are making the argument that because he's playing in a winning side he's the next coming. It's a similar situation to other youngsters of a similar age.

For the poster arguing 1 vs 1 duels are underrated, I would contest that by looking at the trust and respect Conor Bradley gets in comparison to Neco Williams when he was here. Athleticism is everything in modern day football unless you're a technical freak on the level of Messi or Bernardo Silva.

I would really like people that have been watching the game for a long time to specify what they see in him to separate him from other past prospects.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6025 on: March 19, 2024, 02:03:41 pm »
Well people are making the argument that because he's playing in a winning side he's the next coming. It's a similar situation to other youngsters of a similar age.

For the poster arguing 1 vs 1 duels are underrated, I would contest that by looking at the trust and respect Conor Bradley gets in comparison to Neco Williams when he was here. Athleticism is everything in modern day football unless you're a technical freak on the level of Messi or Bernardo Silva.

I would really like people that have been watching the game for a long time to specify what they see in him to separate him from other past prospects.

No people are making the argument that he is playing well in a winning team. Elliott is younger, better, and done more than all the players you have mentioned when they made their break at Liverpool (or didn't as with many of them)

Goals and assists for one, he has a fair share for a lad his age.

On top of that there's link up play with attacking players, ability to find space, great passing, good dribbling. In all a very skilled player, but because you drew an arbitrary line at the highest level of skill conceivable, and below that you have to be athletically superior to opponents to be good, no argument in the world is going to convince you of anything. Because at it's core your argument is not based on logic

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6026 on: March 19, 2024, 02:10:15 pm »
If you’re unable, or unwilling, to recognise and acknowledge how good a player he is at this point, you’re never going to be convinced.

Comparing him to Jon Flanagan is hilarious.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6027 on: March 19, 2024, 02:30:44 pm »
His skill, vision and creativity are off the scale compared to players of a similar age and a level above the players you mentioned, including Alberto and Suso who turned into very good creative players in other top leagues. He can also score anywhere from up to 25 yards out. I'd add that while he isn't lightning fast, he isn't slow - definitely fast enough to go past players - and his in-game intelligence makes up for any pace deficiency to a notable extent. He reminds me a lot of Coutinho in terms of what he's good at, and if he can stay injury-free I can see him exploding as a player in a year or two.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #6028 on: March 19, 2024, 02:31:48 pm »

Sure

https://fbref.com/en/players/b9e1436c/Harvey-Elliott

Give me a shout if there’s anything on here you don’t understand

Offline petercormack

• Main Stander
« Reply #6029 on: March 19, 2024, 02:32:29 pm »
His skill, vision and creativity are off the scale compared to players of a similar age and a level above the players you mentioned, including Alberto and Suso who turned into very good creative players in other top leagues. He can also score anywhere from up to 25 yards out. I'd add that while he isn't lightning fast, he isn't slow - definitely fast enough to go past players - and his in-game intelligence makes up for any pace deficiency to a notable extent. He reminds me a lot of Coutinho in terms of what he's good at, and if he can stay injury-free I can see him exploding as a player in a year or two.
Said it before...he reminds me of Paul Scholes

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6030 on: March 19, 2024, 02:59:49 pm »
Many said he was good last year when we were shit (and they were right then too) not just because he's in a winning side. It's also mad that the argument against Elliott, regularly, is he lacks 1vs1 in duals and athleticism when he plays loads in midfield for a manager who demands that more than just about any other top manager. At some point do those people not need to take a step back and think maybe I'm missing something? It's fine to do that, we all misjudge players.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #6031 on: March 19, 2024, 03:27:03 pm »
Many said he was good last year when we were shit (and they were right then too) not just because he's in a winning side. It's also mad that the argument against Elliott, regularly, is he lacks 1vs1 in duals and athleticism when he plays loads in midfield for a manager who demands that more than just about any other top manager. At some point do those people not need to take a step back and think maybe I'm missing something? It's fine to do that, we all misjudge players.

Exactly

Bastion Of Invincibility thought Jon Flanagan was going to be a superstar in May 2014, it happens.

Online Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6032 on: March 19, 2024, 03:47:38 pm »

He is only 20 years old and some expect him to play like a top player at his peak. He is doing well for his age and would argue he is more effective in the final third than our 60m signing.

Online mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6033 on: March 19, 2024, 03:47:41 pm »
100%, incredible for his age and after the injury he had.

Just needs to learn the dark arts a little more, that will come.

And another thing, we all forget he's still the same age as Conor Bradley.

In my mind he is 26, he's only 20. Bizarre anyone could criticise him.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #6034 on: March 19, 2024, 04:03:03 pm »
I think both Bradley and Quansah will go further than Harvey eventually, even though they have similar status in the squad now. They have that atheleticism that Harvey is missing, and which I personally think will limit him from becoming a real top player at the level of say Mac.  But thats just a guess of course, and it doesnt make him a bad player.

He needs to stop playing those loose, low crosses through midfield though, we get punished badly

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #6035 on: March 19, 2024, 04:26:36 pm »

How many of our other prospects made their debut at 15 and had played 154 games at the age of 20. That is despite him having a serious injury in that time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #6036 on: March 19, 2024, 05:24:39 pm »
I’m a little bemused that people believe he lacks the technical ability to make up for his lack of athleticism? Have I been watching a different player or something? He’s been impacting games nearly every week for us this season, he copes just fine and his technical ability is ridiculous for his age. As he matures tactically, becomes stronger and he begins to enter his peak, he’s going to be brilliant.

I’ve always felt the player he should be modelling himself on was Milner. If he can develop the type of strength and aggression that was a hallmark of Milner’s career, he’ll spend his career here. He’s technically stronger than Milner was at that age, or at least he’s more suited to the modern game than a young Milner was, his engine’s brilliant, he’s evidently coachable, versatile and he should develop the strength as he matures physically and tactically. I hate throwing the “how dare you question Jurgen” shout out but come on, he’s let so many young players go over the years who barely made an impression on the first team, Harvey’s an integral part of the squad age 20. He does so many good things when he plays, but if you’re watching him trying to validate your opinion of he’s too slow/limited you’re never going to appreciate him.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #6037 on: March 19, 2024, 05:26:06 pm »
For starters he has a tremendous engine and runs his arse off on both sides of the ball to prove it, something none of the others mentioned ever did or could do. A good part of his contribution comes from being a super pest and from excellent pressing. He brings great energy into the side.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ScottScott

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6038 on: March 20, 2024, 09:14:25 am »
I think both Bradley and Quansah will go further than Harvey eventually, even though they have similar status in the squad now. They have that atheleticism that Harvey is missing, and which I personally think will limit him from becoming a real top player at the level of say Mac.  But thats just a guess of course, and it doesnt make him a bad player.

He needs to stop playing those loose, low crosses through midfield though, we get punished badly

I'm assuming you mean speed here because I'd say Elliott is probably the fittest player we have and puts himself about for 90 (and 120) minutes with very little drop off

He also has more than enough technical ability to make up for any lack of speed (which is massively overblown). Look at Macca at the minute, slower than Harvey and yet he's the best CM in the league currently. Harvey can do the same, use his ability and his workrate to dominate in the middle. Plus he'll only get better as he learns more about his role and how the game can be played

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6039 on: March 20, 2024, 09:23:38 am »
I'm assuming you mean speed here because I'd say Elliott is probably the fittest player we have and puts himself about for 90 (and 120) minutes with very little drop off

He also has more than enough technical ability to make up for any lack of speed (which is massively overblown). Look at Macca at the minute, slower than Harvey and yet he's the best CM in the league currently. Harvey can do the same, use his ability and his workrate to dominate in the middle. Plus he'll only get better as he learns more about his role and how the game can be played

And look at what Henderson achieved. He was our key midfielder in a team that won everything (and even in 13/14 when we should have won the league).

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season