Author Topic: Premier League fixtures 7th/8th October  (Read 23897 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: Premier League fixtures 7th/8th October
« Reply #1040 on: October 8, 2023, 10:52:56 pm »
Hope Brighton do them in a fortnight. Either a draw or a win.
That would set us up nicely.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Re: Premier League fixtures 7th/8th October
« Reply #1041 on: October 9, 2023, 11:16:58 am »
Good post this. Now untie Nick and give him his account back

Quite agree that we are absolutely in this, and there's a long, long way to go. Just a few weeks ago when City were beating some low table team in a regulation win the usual miserable glooms on here were declaring the usual shite about their supposed invincibility and that we could only fight fr the leavings. Cowards.

Just one or two of us pointed out that we were barely a few weeks in and nothing was won yet.

It's good that some other sides are showing some steel; even Spurs. It will mean teams might take more points of each other, which is surely how it should be in a competetive league. Isn't that what we want? A competetive league? But if we want that then we have to accept that we, too, will have points taken off us by the sides around us.

We don't need to be perfect, despite the constant claim that we do; we just need to accumulate more points than anyone else.

I don’t get weird takes like this.

Even at the worst of times, Nick is a cunning linguist and an erudite, measured and considered poster …
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.