Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3434008 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester City
« Reply #400 on: May 20, 2011, 09:25:17 pm »
I think it's shit. Who wants to turn away as a goal is scored. I'd rather watch the players celebrate etc.
Yeah, I look at it and think wow, so many people in a massive collective action, then I think I don't think I'd want to turn to see the arse of the bloke in front of me while our players group in celebration. Fuck that, its the most nerdy activity copied which only the Mancs would do.

Besides. we'd never, ever, ever turn our backs on Kenny.

Offline ♥ Carroll 9 ♥

• Main Stander
« Reply #401 on: May 20, 2011, 09:26:44 pm »
Nobody is worth £80 million

::)

Well actually they are, if ronaldo makes them 80 million back though firing them to success or solely through commercial then he will have been worth it. As for the wages, well, thats another matter, but the actual fee, I would say he was worth it
I WANT LIVERPOOL TO PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL, I MUST BE HIGH

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #402 on: May 20, 2011, 09:27:49 pm »
Yeah, I look at it and think wow, so many people in a massive collective action, then I think I don't think I'd want to turn to see the arse of the bloke in front of me while our players group in celebration. Fuck that, its the most nerdy activity copied which only the Mancs would do.

Besides. we'd never, ever, ever turn our backs on Kenny.
I love it when Kenny turns to teh crowd, fists held high when we score. Who would ever want to miss that?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline tea

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #403 on: May 20, 2011, 09:32:35 pm »
And then there were bluebirds and rainbows, and you all went out to tea.

Doesn't really matter how it started, you copied a celebration and it still hasn't even fully caught on, it still looks like 20 people doing it. Theirs looks boss, yours looks like a couple of people having a fit in the crowd.

And it makes everyone cringe out of their skin.

Looked quite impressive when half of Wembley did it the other week.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #404 on: May 20, 2011, 09:37:05 pm »
Well actually they are, if ronaldo makes them 80 million back though firing them to success or solely through commercial then he will have been worth it. As for the wages, well, thats another matter, but the actual fee, I would say he was worth it

Your missing the point.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #405 on: May 20, 2011, 09:38:05 pm »
Don't watch it then, blimey. We do it for abit of fun, it brings the fans together. Does everything have to rubber stamped by Liverpool football club from now on? I'll make sure to e-mail Khaldoon al Mubarak and get him to ask you nicely. ::)

And we don't even do it just after they score, we do it once the players stop celebrating. Like it matters anyway.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: May 20, 2011, 09:44:40 pm »
I love it when Kenny turns to teh crowd, fists held high when we score. Who would ever want to miss that?
Precisely mate, precisely. His celebrations are aimed at someone (Marina?), but just imagine us with our backs to him. Its inconceivable.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #408 on: May 20, 2011, 10:20:52 pm »
Man City fans, come back when you can do it like the Celtic fans.  :)

Fucking amazing. On the day we lost the League as well.

http://youtu.be/qzadQJhJSis

Someone embed that motherfucker!
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #409 on: May 20, 2011, 10:39:20 pm »

Have to laugh at the celtic fans claiming they were doin the poznan(huddle as they call it) way before Lech Poznan where.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #410 on: May 20, 2011, 10:39:46 pm »

Haha

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: May 20, 2011, 10:42:07 pm »
Come on lads and lasses, let's not be small time and have a go, it's only a celebration ffs.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #412 on: May 21, 2011, 02:06:30 am »
Have to laugh at the celtic fans claiming they were doin the poznan(huddle as they call it) way before Lech Poznan where.
How do you know we weren't?
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline tomtom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: May 22, 2011, 03:49:29 pm »
May as well clear it up seeing as you don't understand.

Lech Poznan were doing......the 'Poznan' (As it were)......and City fans were impressed. A few City fans started to do it, around 20, and it looked absolute pants. Lech saw the City fans try and do it and then they started to do it again. Thats when the City fans started to chant that. Irony my friend.

Also, I wouldn't believe anything Guillem Balague says, he's a complete wind up merchant that knows very little.

Ronaldo won't be joining us, we've already denied it and why would he want to join us? He's in the form of his life and has more at Madrid than City could ever offer. Don't his wages go up to €500,000 a week soon as well?

Tevez will be a big loss for us but we'll just have to move on.

I remember reading that when Real signed him, just found it now from the telegraph...

"Ronaldo will earn £9.5 million in his first year – £183,000 a week – followed by a 25 per cent pay rise in each of the following five years of his contract. This would amount to £556,000 a week in the final year of his contract. "

Crazy, even by City's standards. I know they have the biggest revenue's in world football but surely there current wage structure is going to cause them problems in the future?

Do you expect City to adhere to the new regulations or are they going to bend the rules and risk it?

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #414 on: May 22, 2011, 05:04:23 pm »
I remember reading that when Real signed him, just found it now from the telegraph...

"Ronaldo will earn £9.5 million in his first year – £183,000 a week – followed by a 25 per cent pay rise in each of the following five years of his contract. This would amount to £556,000 a week in the final year of his contract. "

Crazy, even by City's standards. I know they have the biggest revenue's in world football but surely there current wage structure is going to cause them problems in the future?

Do you expect City to adhere to the new regulations or are they going to bend the rules and risk it?

I aint too sure. Depends how much we get for Tevez and all of the dead wood. I'd be gutted if we didn't get at least £50m for Tevez.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #415 on: May 22, 2011, 06:20:11 pm »
say w,e you want about them and Mancini.

but they finished on level points as Chelsea at 71, 9 points behind the eventual champions. their season has been a success IMO

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #416 on: May 22, 2011, 06:22:12 pm »
I aint too sure. Depends how much we get for Tevez and all of the dead wood. I'd be gutted if we didn't get at least £50m for Tevez.

It doesn't matter if you get £50 mill or £5 for him.

You will continue to blow hundreds of millions
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline DM Red

• no it wasnt a knee jerk - just a jerk....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2011, 06:26:55 pm »
they had a great finish to the season.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2011, 06:27:09 pm »
Summer is going to be a joke.

Club A wil want some player who is worth 10mill at most. Club A will offer 12-15 just so they can get him. City will come along with 20-25
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2011, 06:29:45 pm »
I'd be gutted if we didn't get at least £50m for Tevez.

Why the fuck would you be that? You've got unlimited resources so why would you give a fuck about how much you sell a player for?

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #420 on: May 22, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »
Why the fuck would you be that? You've got unlimited resources so why would you give a fuck about how much you sell a player for?

Because of this FFP nonsense, we have to start pulling money back.

Plus, it'll be perfect bait for any other football fans to get a good laugh at our expense if he goes for a small figure.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: May 22, 2011, 07:05:04 pm »
Because of this FFP nonsense, we have to start pulling money back.

Plus, it'll be perfect bait for any other football fans to get a good laugh at our expense.

"FFP nonsense" -  :lmao

Come on lad you know footballs a better place when the team who wins the trophys isn't just the one with the most money.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #422 on: May 22, 2011, 07:11:18 pm »
"FFP nonsense" -  :lmao

Come on lad you know footballs a better place when the team who wins the trophys isn't just the one with the most money.

FFP won't give 'lesser' teams as it were, more chance of winning a trophy.

These rules should have been implemented from day 1, money has always been the major factor football. I'd understand a transfer fee cap and a wage cap, but these rules allow teams to spend money they don't have, and stop teams from spending money they do have.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #423 on: May 22, 2011, 07:37:59 pm »
I'd understand a transfer fee cap and a wage cap, but these rules allow teams to spend money they don't have, and stop teams from spending money they do have.

Bollocks.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: May 22, 2011, 07:43:20 pm »

These rules should have been implemented from day 1, money has always been the major factor football. I'd understand a transfer fee cap and a wage cap, but these rules allow teams to spend money they don't have, and stop teams from spending money they do have.

Point well and truly missed.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #425 on: May 22, 2011, 07:47:13 pm »

:lmao

But you dont have any money.

Some arab guy does.

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #426 on: May 22, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »
:lmao

But you dont have any money.

Some arab guy does.

Who owns the club.

Say if he puts £500m into the club. There's £500m there which we won't be able to spend (Not all of it). Other clubs with high revenue can service a debt and use money via loans etc. to buy players. Thats money they don't have.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 09:02:36 pm by mcfc1 »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: May 22, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »
Who owns the club.

and will probably get you guys a few sponsorship deals lined up for next season

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #428 on: May 22, 2011, 09:03:30 pm »
and will probably get you guys a few sponsorship deals lined up for next season

Yep. The stadium naming rights are expected to get alot of money too.

Offline redmachine

• Legacy Fan
  • Y N W A
« Reply #429 on: May 22, 2011, 09:05:32 pm »
Yep. The stadium naming rights are expected to get alot of money too.

Sponsor the stadium himself for 300 billion over 10 years, theres your transfer fund sorted.

Offline mcfc1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #430 on: May 22, 2011, 09:08:19 pm »
Sponsor the stadium himself for 300 billion over 10 years, theres your transfer fund sorted.

Not sure he can, think it has to be from an outside source and not to do with the club or its owners.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #431 on: May 26, 2011, 07:58:45 pm »
OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay
Breaking: Man City defender Kolo Toure banned for 6 months by FA after testing +ve for banned substance #MCFC

Offline TheDpoLenz without the please like

• Loves to cream himself - but never on the face... cainarbatonmai
  • Legacy Fan
  • sound,,,,,,
« Reply #432 on: June 7, 2011, 07:19:57 pm »
he should be more carefull about who he hangs out with.These guys in naples dont fuck around

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/06062011/58/premier-league-balotelli-shown-round-naples-mafia-mobsters.html

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: July 31, 2011, 11:43:46 pm »
I think it's shit. Who wants to turn away as a goal is scored. I'd rather watch the players celebrate etc.

The Poznan is boss, when done properly. Would rather do that when we score than fold my scarf in half a couple of times and wave it about.

Offline Loola

• A fan of The Beautiful Game since its inception. So that's 1992 then.....
  • Main Stander
  • Neutral & Nice
« Reply #434 on: July 31, 2011, 11:46:07 pm »
What a team Mancini is assembling.  Did anyone see them against Inter today?  They destroyed them.

I reckon they'll win the league next season.
I won't moan about referees.  If we aren't good enough to win despite these bastards then we aren't good enough to win.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #435 on: July 31, 2011, 11:51:22 pm »
What a team Mancini is assembling.  Did anyone see them against Inter today?  They destroyed them.

I reckon they'll win the league next season.

You also reckon you're a neutral so your opinion is not valid. 
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Red4Lyfe

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Hope
« Reply #436 on: July 31, 2011, 11:53:24 pm »
Saw it. Been a while since I seen Inter demolished like that. Silva destroyed their whole team by himself, Sneijder looked average compared to him. Could have been 5 or 6 nil if the ref hadn't been kind to Inter, and City didn't have Aguero or Tevez.

Offline Loola

• A fan of The Beautiful Game since its inception. So that's 1992 then.....
  • Main Stander
  • Neutral & Nice
« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2011, 11:53:26 pm »
You also reckon you're a neutral so your opinion is not valid.

Of course it is, if anything, it's more valid because I'm not biased!   :wave
I won't moan about referees.  If we aren't good enough to win despite these bastards then we aren't good enough to win.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: July 31, 2011, 11:54:46 pm »
They were very very impressive today. Much more fluency about them while retaining that physical power.

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #439 on: July 31, 2011, 11:55:40 pm »
Honestly I think they'll win the league.

I thought Chelsea were nailed on for it last season though so yeah...