Author Topic: "Black Footballers' Association"  (Read 24973 times)

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"Black Footballers' Association"
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:58:57 pm »

Racism row: lawyer reveals black footballers' association talks

A leading human rights barrister has said talks over a separate black footballers' association have begun.
Peter Herbert, who chairs the Society of Black Lawyers, says the discussions are at a preliminary stage, but involve several players from various levels, including the Premier League.

Herbert says the new organisation would provide a more "radical" and "vigorous" approach to combating racism.
The working title for the proposed body is the Black Players' Association.

"I think there comes a point in any community's life or experience where enough is enough," he said.
"People appear to have decided they have to do something more vigorously."

A number of players refused to wear T-shirts supporting the Kick It Out anti-racism campaign at the weekend after Jason Roberts made it clear some black players were unhappy with the organisation's failure to make inroads on the issue.
It has not been revealed whether Roberts is involved in the new group.

Football Association chairman David Bernstein says a breakaway organisation would not be the best way to deal with the issue.
"Fragmentation isn't in anyone's interest. Great passions are involved here. I hope sense prevails and people can work together," said Bernstein.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20048531

-----------

Seriously what the holy fuck?  How any of this crap is meant to help fight against racism or inequality is beyond me.

Is there anyone else who has absolutely no idea what is going on anymore or is it just me?

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: "Black Footballers' Association"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:59:49 pm »
Football as we once knew it is no more. It's a dying sport.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:03:57 pm »
What the fuck. Sure this must give Suarez the go ahead for the Bi-Racial Uruguayan Footballers' Association and Terry can have his own White Adulterers' FA as well.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 05:09:31 pm »
Not sure this is the answer as it is a huge step but something needs to be done & I can see how black footballers feel the need for this after recent events.... more greater punishments against racism be it the FA, UEFA, FIFA or clubs & less token gestures.

Offline AggerCarra

• Main Stander
  • S E R B I A
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:13:33 pm »
Dumb idea. I wont allow it.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 05:14:48 pm »
Dumb idea. I wont allow it.

How exactly are you going to stop it if the players go ahead with the organisation?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 05:15:51 pm »
What the fuck. Sure this must give Suarez the go ahead for the Bi-Racial Uruguayan Footballers' Association and Terry can have his own White Adulterers' FA as well.

that may be a Bridge too far!
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 05:19:20 pm »
So their attempt to stop racism is to make an "association" solely for black people?

I know this is a sensitive subject so if what I've said there's offensive I'll remove it.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 05:20:11 pm »
A seperate football association is sepratist, devisive and undermining.

I can fully understand players from ethnic minority backgrounds being unhappy, but the bigger picture here is not just about racism, but the wider issues of both the FA and PFA not looking at all players in the game, and looking after their interests.

Why do ethnic minority players think that racism is a special case?

What about players and managers(of any colour) being abused with some of the most abhorent and disgusting filth from other members, and the terraces? 

The FA have always been self serving.  They're a gang of jobs for the boys, back slapping old farts, with one foot still stuck in the mid 20th Century.  They should of been dragged kicking and screaming in to the latter part of the 20th Century years ago, not even to mention the 21st Century.

I think a large part of the issue is also the malaise of the PFA.

The PFA are supposed to look after the interests of ALL players within the game, yet seem to be more interested in themselves than the players interests they're supposed to be protecting.

Gordon Taylor is another of those self serving media whore, sanctimonius tw*ts.

I reckon you could solve most of the issues in football within a very short time, if the PFA had any kind of strong leadership, and an ethos that was to concentrate on their members they are supposed to be supporting.

At the beginning of the season, all the PFA (a union, remember) have to do, is have a united front, and say if any of our members are dicriminated against, or abused, by either other players or fans in the crowd, we advise them to walk off the pitch, and the rest of their team to support them in doing the same.

If all players and members of the PFA stood shoulder to shoulder, and did the same, we'de very quickly have a situation where very few to zero players abusing their opposite number in the opposition team, and fans would not be abusing players without the most severe of penalties being imposed, including the PFA sticking to their guns and forcing clubs to ban supporters, shut stands, or playing games behind closed doors.

If clubs had to play behind closed doors, they'd tackle all of the issues tomorrow. Both in terms of misbehaving players, and fans.

The PFA under a strong leadership, could virtually hold the game to ransom, for the interests of their members.

If they had to go on strike to defend themselves, and their working conditions ( and it IS their working conditions) then they could virtually shut the game down overnight, if they needed to.

Unfortunately, the authorities, have no teeth, don't have the balls or the political will to deal with the myriad of problems, which has led us to the clusterfuck we have in todays modern game.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:36:35 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 05:21:31 pm »
well they could get that Power fella to run it, so long as they have no coconuts as he called them in it.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »
what's next? labelling the water bottles "plain" and "coloured"?

Offline AggerCarra

• Main Stander
  • S E R B I A
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 05:22:26 pm »
How exactly are you going to stop it if the players go ahead with the organisation?

Ill call them and let them know.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »
Stupid idea that wont solve fuck all. Ive no idea how to stop racism, but this is not the way imo.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 05:30:07 pm »
ohhh the irony!!

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 05:32:08 pm »
Does racism only happen to black players then?

What a stupid fucking idea. All it does it strengthen the "them and us mentality". I read somewhere that Rio Ferdinand is involved. This is the man that thinks if you are black, you have to back other black people or you're a traitor. Yep this is totally going to cut out racism  ::)

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 05:35:47 pm »
Let's all be equal by agreeing to completely segregate ourselves. Well in.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 05:37:52 pm »
Ill call them and let them know.

Long distance is expensive, mate.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 05:38:15 pm »
Yes, the answer to the problem is racial segregation.

Great idea.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 05:39:52 pm »
I can't say I understand it. It feels like you're supposed to come together to fight racism, you know, together. Not separate.  :o

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 05:40:12 pm »
It's a shameful day for football that black players feel the need to even consider this.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 05:44:43 pm »
It's a shameful day for football that black players feel the need to even consider this.
I agree, but it isn't and shouldn't just be about racism.

There are many forms of discrimination and abuse.

The root cause of most of the problems witin football, all stem from poor leadership from the top.   FIFA nd UEFA outside of the UK, and the F.A. and the PFA within.

The people who are supposed to be looking after the interests of the game as a whole, have let situations like this fester and grow without tackling the issues at hand.

Offline vezna

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 05:53:23 pm »

They are idiots. Racism in English football has vastly reduced over the years. I'm old enough to remember how bad it was in the early 80's. All this because Terry got off lightly? He'll be retired and forgotten about in a few years. A 'black only' association is fundamentally wrong and borderline racist in this day and age. Some people are off on a power trip.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »

it is and the Welsh , Scottish and Irish should have led the way decades ago, people in sport will always look for ways of winding opposition players up as will the fans, just like sledging in Cricket, doesn't make it right but does make it a negative side of any combative sport that has gone on since sport was invented or created.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:10 pm »
The FA is shite, anything that puts pressure on them to stop being slithering, snide twats is a good thing in my book.

Lot of negativity in this thread, but all I'll say is if there's that many black players that are upset with the direction of the game at this point in time, why shouldn't they stand up for themselves?
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:42 pm »
Stupid idea that wont solve fuck all. Ive no idea how to stop racism, but this is not the way imo.

it'll just make it worse.

come on lets be honest here, imagine coming out and even saying "we are making a white only Fa" there'd be murder.

Stupid idea.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 05:59:03 pm »
I think whats maybe happened here is chinese whispers. What would make more sense would be a black players union, which a player can be part of and also part of the normal players union. That way its just a political tool used by black players to highlight how they themselves want to deal with racism - not the FA (full, mainly, of old white men). If thats the case, its fair enough, isn't it?
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 06:00:56 pm »
They are idiots. Racism in English football has vastly reduced over the years. I'm old enough to remember how bad it was in the early 80's. All this because Terry got off lightly? He'll be retired and forgotten about in a few years. A 'black only' association is fundamentally wrong and borderline racist in this day and age. Some people are off on a power trip.

I wouldn't say its just the Terry thing. I'm certainly no expert, but Suarez would come into it (no matter how we view it), racism in European matches and Internationals would be considered, and no doubt the lack of opportunities for black managers and coaches will be considered, as people have talked about this in the past.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline vezna

• Main Stander
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »
it'll just make it worse.

come on lets be honest here, imagine coming out and even saying "we are making a white only Fa" there'd be murder.

Stupid idea.

Exactly. Any so called union that is based solely on members skin colour in a multi cultural country like England is racist in itself.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 06:05:11 pm »
The FA is shite, anything that puts pressure on them to stop being slithering, snide twats is a good thing in my book.

Lot of negativity in this thread, but all I'll say is if there's that many black players that are upset with the direction of the game at this point in time, why shouldn't they stand up for themselves?
I don't think you'll find many if any that don't think they should stand up for themselves.  On the contrary, I think most people would agree that they should.

Do you really think that driving a schism through the game though, is a positive way forward.

It's a devisive step if it goes forward, and all it does is reinforce an us and them, standpoint, and attitude.

Tell me, will that solve racism or discrimination?  In fact, don't bother answering that, as we all already know the answer.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:06:58 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline vezna

• Main Stander
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 06:06:14 pm »
I wouldn't say its just the Terry thing. I'm certainly no expert, but Suarez would come into it (no matter how we view it), racism in European matches and Internationals would be considered, and no doubt the lack of opportunities for black managers and coaches will be considered, as people have talked about this in the past.

Surely in the past few years there's been a noticeable increase in black managerial and coaching staff in the English game? Not a huge increase but there has certainly been several noticeable appointments.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 06:11:11 pm »
2 'racism' incidents from players in the last god know how many years and this massive overreaction happens. hopefully the jewish, asian and other ethic minorities chirp up and create their own breakaway union. No suprise this is happening with that complete misguided dope Ferdinand trying to run the show with complete short-sightedness.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:16 pm »
What a fucking joke. Jesus Christ, some people seriously need to get some perspective.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 06:13:44 pm »
Terrible Idea.

If anyone suggested a White Footballers Assosiation people would be up in arms.

Segregating people/assosiations/groups such as this basically would do is basically the opposite of what anti-racism people want, for us to be all together and not discriminate, how is seperating players assosiations because of their colour any good?

Mental.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »
I don't think you'll find many if any that don't think they should stand up for themselves.  On the contrary, I think most people would agree that they should.

Do you really think that driving a schism through the game though, is a positive way forward.

It's a devisive step if it goes forward, and all it does is reinforce an us and them, standpoint, and attitude.

Tell me, will that solve racism or discrimination?  In fact, don't bother answering that, as we all already know the answer.

We don't know the answer, because it hasn't happened before. If black players feel better represented, then I think it's a good thing. Fact is the FA is a bunch of old white rich dudes who shouldn't be running the game. If it takes something like this to draw attention to it, even if only as a threat, then I think that's perfectly acceptable.

Schizm is an interesting choice of word. You act like this is designed to promote black players over others. It won't. They're under represented everywhere other than on the pitch, and this would help redress the balance.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 06:17:56 pm »
Terrible Idea.

If anyone suggested a White Footballers Assosiation people would be up in arms.

Segregating people/assosiations/groups such as this basically would do is basically the opposite of what anti-racism people want, for us to be all together and not discriminate, how is seperating players assosiations because of their colour any good?

Mental.

There is a white FA. The FA.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2012, 06:18:18 pm »
This thread will soon be closed.

Too many white people know fuck all about racism.
Kill the humourless

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2012, 06:20:38 pm »
I miss when football was about kicking a football. Ridiculous irony here.

What's next?

Paul Scholes to form the 'Ginger Footballers Association'?

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »
I dont see a problem with such an association really, as a pressure group.  The bizzys already have the National Black Police Association.(which is open to people of "African, African-Caribbean and Asian origin"). Then again, I do wonder if people of eskimo, aboriginal, native american (north & south)' et al are allowed to join that particular organization? ???
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »
Suarez can join can't he? His grandfather's black.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2012, 06:25:40 pm »
This thread will soon be closed.

Too many white people know fuck all about racism.

I hope so.