Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520222 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8760 on: April 6, 2019, 02:33:44 am »
I see someone managed to get a pyro off too.

Beak-o for Pyros...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8761 on: April 6, 2019, 02:37:10 am »
I very rarely get away tickets these days but went to Fulham and am, as I type, still on the coach on the way back to Liverpool. I wouldn’t say the away support was brilliant tonight but it was pretty good and loud at times. Thankfully, it wasn’t nervy and when the last 2 goals went in, it was pandemonium in the away section.

Thanks to the club for putting on the free coaches. Much appreciated.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8762 on: April 6, 2019, 02:46:32 am »
The best singing was at Waterloo.

There were loads of people reporting but when the 2235 from Southampton got in to Waterloo of was great!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8763 on: April 6, 2019, 04:58:00 am »
It was loud but all too fast - a lot of beak being consumed next to me.

And in front of us, and plenty smoking in the stand and under it.

Hahahaha. Well worth it.

If it makes you feel any better, I had to experience it from home, on a stream as the missus was out and about and the kids in bed. As Salah took his shirt off, I took everything top half off and slid down the living room carpet and made a hole on the knee of my jeans much worse and my knee is still bleeding from the carpet burn ;D Followed by me bouncing up and down on the sofa, whispering "yes, yes, yes fucking get in" so as not to wake them.

I threw that all out the window by shouting Henderson's goal though, fortunately I didn't disturb them ;D
:D :D :D

You must have been on Coach 2 then! (Coach 1 had a blow out on the M40 and after being stuck for an hour with no sign of help, we had to get taxis. The driver had told them the wrong service station! :) It turned up later to bring us home though. "Making memories" :D
« Last Edit: April 6, 2019, 10:06:40 am by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8764 on: April 6, 2019, 06:05:41 am »
Great stories Kesey and Hij. Remind me of my old fella  who died a lifetime ago. These people are why we do this. A timeline with our past and we create one for the future with our own kids.  Will look out for your flag on the telly  Hij.
Support looked and sounded excellent on telly. Well in all those involved.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #8765 on: April 6, 2019, 12:22:05 pm »
He' s mad . 3 Para ( B Coy )  too. Be careful what you wish for.

There's a thing in the Echo with him and his mates who hitched in 1967 around Germany to watch us in a pre season. I think against Cologne Emylyn Hughes got sent off or carried off on his Liverpool debut. Shankly knew me Dah and his mates by face as they went to every game . Aye. I see the boys are here again , free tickets and that . He met me Mum in around that time as she went to the aways too . She knitted a scarf in 1963 / 64 that she still wears to the match to this day . It's a scarf to be seen this. I think I posted it on here here years ago .

Still got a 40 yr old red white and yellow woolie hat that my granny knitted for me , should probably wash it at some point
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8766 on: April 6, 2019, 01:49:28 pm »
... and plenty smoking in the stand and under it.

Barney must have bagged a ticket.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8767 on: April 6, 2019, 02:39:51 pm »
I very rarely get away tickets these days but went to Fulham and am, as I type, still on the coach on the way back to Liverpool. I wouldn’t say the away support was brilliant tonight but it was pretty good and loud at times. Thankfully, it wasn’t nervy and when the last 2 goals went in, it was pandemonium in the away section.

Bloody hell still on the coach home from Fulham? You've missed a couple of cracking games since
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8768 on: April 6, 2019, 02:50:25 pm »
And in front of us, and plenty smoking in the stand and under it.

You must have been on Coach 2 then! (Coach 1 had a blow out on the M40 and after being stuck for an hour with no sign of help, we had to get taxis. The driver had told them the wrong service station! :) It turned up later to bring us home though. "Making memories" :D

Yeah, Coach 2. We had loads of empty seats but were already passed you on the A34 when we heard. Tongue in cheek, have the club coughed up for the taxis?

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8769 on: April 6, 2019, 02:52:14 pm »
Bloody hell still on the coach home from Fulham? You've missed a couple of cracking games since

Ha, I was knackered when typing that. Still knackered now but so, so happy 😀

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8770 on: April 6, 2019, 04:27:16 pm »
One of the more enjoyable trips to St Mary's that's for sure.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8771 on: April 6, 2019, 05:42:23 pm »
Yeah, Coach 2. We had loads of empty seats but were already passed you on the A34 when we heard. Tongue in cheek, have the club coughed up for the taxis?

A mate got a receipt for ours but they'll probably say no as the coach got to the ground just b4 KO, but we weren't to know that. Even the drivers didn't think they would. Worth a try, especially given the drivers' attitudes

Coach 1 was meant to be larger as they cancelled coach 3, but they made coach 2 larger. We had no spare seats at all. But got there and home ok in the end.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2019, 05:49:09 pm by Shanklygates »

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: April 6, 2019, 08:46:28 pm »

Thought it was shit bar the last 20 minutes...as per usual hundreds not even watching the game..too busy looking round for no apparent reason..people who can't pick a spot for 45 minutes and another 45 minutes to watch and support the team..I'm not fussed whether people are in their correct seats..just plot up and watch the bloody game FFS....I might be a bit too long in the tooth but it's comedy gold people watching...why go? 🤔
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #8773 on: April 6, 2019, 09:05:04 pm »
The best singing was at Waterloo.
Indeed it was once we all piled off the 2230!

Was good to see you Alan.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8774 on: April 6, 2019, 09:53:58 pm »
Fell down four rows when Salah scored. I just can’t stop hugging strangers lately and if you know me I usually hate people in my personal space! lol

Sore now. Thanks to whoever picked me up, I was sprawled across about four seats in tatters but screaming in elation.
YNWA.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8775 on: April 6, 2019, 10:46:27 pm »
Fell down four rows when Salah scored. I just can’t stop hugging strangers lately and if you know me I usually hate people in my personal space! lol

Sore now. Thanks to whoever picked me up, I was sprawled across about four seats in tatters but screaming in elation.

:lmao was absolute chaos those 2 goals in the last 10! Bodies flying everywhere.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #8776 on: April 7, 2019, 03:02:24 pm »

As the well known phrase goes,  writing about music is like dancing about architecture , so it’s hard to do full justice to the breathtaking array of songs that were we caroused with on Friday night. It’s really no wonder that the Solent is synonymous with some of the most influential names in pop culture when we were treated to such classics as ‘Dejan Lovren - we faarkin’ hate you’ ; ‘Virgil van Dijk - we faarkin’ hate you’ and ‘Sadio Mane - mumble mumble mumble actually he’s actually quite a nice bloke ‘

Usage of these Nymanesque repeat motifs was genius
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8777 on: April 7, 2019, 03:16:03 pm »
Hahahaha. Well worth it.

If it makes you feel any better, I had to experience it from home, on a stream as the missus was out and about and the kids in bed. As Salah took his shirt off, I took everything top half off and slid down the living room carpet and made a hole on the knee of my jeans much worse and my knee is still bleeding from the carpet burn ;D Followed by me bouncing up and down on the sofa, whispering "yes, yes, yes fucking get in" so as not to wake them.

I threw that all out the window by shouting Henderson's goal though, fortunately I didn't disturb them ;D

Sounds like me cartwheeling around my living room like a lunatic after Alonso scored from the half way line at Luton in 2006. I was meant to be going to a wedding reception afterwards and couldn't summon up the energy after watching that. To this day, the mate who's wedding it thinks I Fucked it off to go the match.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #8778 on: April 7, 2019, 08:59:54 pm »
Fuck me that away end looked fun!

Ended up watching it from a pub in Derry after we descended on it with about twenty odd scousers! We even had the bouncer in fistpumping after Hendo's goal.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2019, 09:01:59 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #8779 on: April 7, 2019, 09:03:40 pm »
St Mary’s one of the few away grounds I’ve not done,went to The Dell a couple of times,I’m in County Durham.That away end looked like it was bouncing tho on Friday 👍🏻

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #8780 on: April 21, 2019, 08:00:09 pm »
Fucking loud today, they were great.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline RedRon

• Main Stander
« Reply #8781 on: April 21, 2019, 11:37:35 pm »
Great awayday today, surprised it quiet on this thread. Anyway got back a bit ago and thought we were loud as fuck today.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8782 on: April 22, 2019, 12:32:18 am »
That was a great let off when Gini scored, really enjoyed the last half hour.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 12:41:59 am by Alf »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8783 on: April 22, 2019, 01:19:39 am »
Christ it was hot though, thought I was gonna get sunstroke at one point and could barely see half the pitch second half for the sun! Great atmosphere in our end though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8784 on: April 22, 2019, 01:20:09 am »
Great awayday today, surprised it quiet on this thread. Anyway got back a bit ago and thought we were loud as fuck today.
It was locked for a bit for some shite to be deleted.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #8785 on: April 22, 2019, 02:47:30 am »
We've been to PSG and Napoli!!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: April 22, 2019, 10:35:57 am »
Concourse before the game was great too. The heat pounding directly on me caught up with me in the second half, had a headache for the entirety!

Past couple weeks have completely ruined my ankles. That and awkwardly stepping off a huge step in Porto  :scarf
YNWA.

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8787 on: April 22, 2019, 07:38:57 pm »
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8788 on: April 22, 2019, 07:45:14 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_meMzQFaDs

Loved this one last season, what are the new words?

Nevermind, I’ve found them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 07:49:34 pm by ScubaSteve »

Offline Shabby14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8789 on: April 23, 2019, 11:10:05 am »
Is there anywhere with photos of the game on Sunday, ideally with away end / players celebrations etc?

Guessing Cardiff don't use getty images as there's nothing on their page.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8790 on: April 23, 2019, 12:11:14 pm »
Literally only realised last night that Joe Gomez came on for Trent near the end, must have been too busy singing/going mad in the ground or something, or else it was cos the sun was so bright we could only see half the game! ;D

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8791 on: April 23, 2019, 01:23:49 pm »
Is there anywhere with photos of the game on Sunday, ideally with away end / players celebrations etc?

Guessing Cardiff don't use getty images as there's nothing on their page.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/liverpool-cardiff?editorialproducts=sport&events=775194336&family=editorial&phrase=liverpool%20cardiff&recency=anydate&sort=best&page=1&suppressfamilycorrection=true#license

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8793 on: May 2, 2019, 11:24:34 pm »
Tell you what the was more blag tickets flying around the nou camp last night than the 99,354 capacity of the stadium  ;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8794 on: May 3, 2019, 08:53:59 am »
Tell you what the was more blag tickets flying around the nou camp last night than the 99,354 capacity of the stadium  ;D

Not heard of anyone getting scammed yet, which is possibly quite fortunate. Blag tickets + pdf print-at-home tickets for a football match of this stature is a recipe for disaster.
YNWA.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #8795 on: May 3, 2019, 10:21:06 am »
Wasnt just the blag tickets, a few had legit ones taken off them by the Barca stewards who then handed them over to someone else to let in. Absolute disgrace!

Offline Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8796 on: May 3, 2019, 03:09:13 pm »
Wasnt just the blag tickets, a few had legit ones taken off them by the Barca stewards who then handed them over to someone else to let in. Absolute disgrace!

What???

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8797 on: May 3, 2019, 03:11:21 pm »
Yeah, I saw a few people saying on twitter that Barca stewards were taking legit tickets off people, and selling them on.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8798 on: May 3, 2019, 03:50:27 pm »
Bad euro away crowd this was.

Lots of peoples first trip.....

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8799 on: May 3, 2019, 03:56:45 pm »
Bad euro away crowd this was.

Lots of peoples first trip.....

It was bad because we have a lot of idiots following us who don’t know how to behave in public!

It was only my second time travelling (Madrid in god knows when the first)

I enjoyed it, enjoyed the city, the weather, watched the game with locals in a bar and came home happy apart from the result of course

Will try and do a group game next season where there will be less idiots