Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520244 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8600 on: January 4, 2019, 10:25:09 pm »
The bloke next to me got hit by a bottle of beer. The rest of us were just showered in it. No harm done but technically he shouldn't have been allowed in the stand with it. (Came down from tier 2 we think.)

Others had reported coins and bottles to GMP so I have just tweeted them. I really can't see any action being taken but I tried. The steward took the bottle from him and radioed someone at the time too.
We are a team of one half.

Online Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8601 on: January 5, 2019, 07:49:26 pm »
In the days of the Kippax in the 70's at the old Maine Road half bricks used to be thrown over and then there was murder outside, I remember once our bread van driver getting arrested and me and a few others bunking home on the train. We always seemed to win there but remember getting beat in a night match with that woman ringing that bell all through the game..

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #8602 on: January 5, 2019, 09:31:28 pm »
In the days of the Kippax in the 70's at the old Maine Road half bricks used to be thrown over and then there was murder outside, I remember once our bread van driver getting arrested and me and a few others bunking home on the train. We always seemed to win there but remember getting beat in a night match with that woman ringing that bell all through the game..

I don't understand how more people weren't killed in those days with shit like that getting chucked into crowds.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8603 on: January 5, 2019, 10:05:50 pm »

Ahh yes the good old days of Maine Road.  We usually fillled most of the Platt Lane Stand and had a fair few in the North Stand too
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8604 on: January 5, 2019, 11:51:00 pm »

Not old enough for 70s but was there for Cup Quarter Final (88??) when the were in Div 2.  Bricks and bottles thrown in both directions that day.  They shit themselves outside though when our lot ran at them.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8605 on: January 6, 2019, 12:15:27 pm »
Mainly due to the scouse regular season ticket holders selling to the highest bidder and then complaining some weeks later how there is not enough scousers at the aways, whilst not actually going to an away in abar 2 seasons.

The point in question

Wouldn’t disagree. Point being a lot of the kids and young lads who’ve been making something of our away crowds this year missed out. And what was left behind wasn’t pretty!

The touting problem is huge, fact of the matter is the club are too scared to doing anything about it because they’d be worried about what they’d find! Big business! Hence why the token steward with a clipboard at Anfield this season throwing the odd person out because their using a mates ticket, errm yes that’s getting right to the problem.

Offline accyred

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8606 on: January 6, 2019, 12:22:47 pm »
Indeed, had to watch from their section along with loads of others, very very frustrating.  Firmino song sounded excellent, had the City fans intrigued.  Expect City to produce their version soon.

They literally just tried to be what we are on big nights, same songs just lyrics about us, booing whenever we had the ball etc.

As you say they will have their own version for the bobby song after that it sounded great. Never known a set of fans be less original to be honest
In sunny Spain , we won it six times  🇪🇸

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #8607 on: January 6, 2019, 12:54:00 pm »
They literally just tried to be what we are on big nights, same songs just lyrics about us, booing whenever we had the ball etc.

As you say they will have their own version for the bobby song after that it sounded great. Never known a set of fans be less original to be honest

There’s something Curly Watts want you to know
Half our official attendance doesn’t go

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #8608 on: January 6, 2019, 02:00:39 pm »

:)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8609 on: January 6, 2019, 02:09:17 pm »

See her in doors
She won't let Curly out the door
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8610 on: January 6, 2019, 07:32:27 pm »
I remember it well. We used to get tickets off a City fan relative and we'd be in with their fans in the stand opposite the Kippax. We always had fans all over Maine Road back then. I remember their fans around us saying when we did YNWA it was the finest sight/sound in football.

The Kippax were less charitable. You could see all the shite they'd throw over the divide. They got most of it back, of course. Amongst the usual stuff like bottles, brick, coins etc they were also partial to throwing crisp packets full of piss over.

I used to enjoy going there, though, and I never saw us lose a game there. We put four past them on a couple of occasions I went.

Edit: Helen, the bellringer, was damn annoying. I'm glad  I never sat anywhere near her.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2019, 07:36:24 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8611 on: January 7, 2019, 10:27:59 am »
A lot of people couldn't get a ticket, scouse regulars.

But some adult whopper holding up and "Robertson #26 Can i have your shirt" plaque down at the front when the team was warming up managed to get one.

I can just about tolerate kids doing this but this guy was alone and is in his 30's for fucks sake.  I saw the very same wanker in the KOP holding up the same piece of cardboard at the Arsenal game.  He was wearing an Amsterdam bobble hat and looked very much like an OOT'er.

Sure I saw some lads giving him a word when he went to his seat when the teams went off the pitch.

I wish Robbo would trot over and tell him to fuck off and then give his shirt to a little kid.

I really hope these begging signs get fucked off the same way the selfie stick did.

Offline Bembo10

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8612 on: January 7, 2019, 12:48:10 pm »
Haha, what an absolute whopper he sounds. Deserves everything he got.

At the derby there was a Chinese lad with his missus both with half and half scarves, I asked him which team he was supporting in which half. He gave me a baffling look and had a quick trot away wen I pretended to get out a pair of scissors and chop the Everton half off

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #8613 on: January 7, 2019, 01:28:28 pm »
But some adult whopper holding up and "Robertson #26 Can i have your shirt" plaque down at the front when the team was warming up managed to get one.

I can just about tolerate kids doing this but this guy was alone and is in his 30's for fucks sake.  I saw the very same wanker in the KOP holding up the same piece of cardboard at the Arsenal game.  He was wearing an Amsterdam bobble hat and looked very much like an OOT'er.

Sure I saw some lads giving him a word when he went to his seat when the teams went off the pitch.

I wish Robbo would trot over and tell him to fuck off and then give his shirt to a little kid.

I really hope these begging signs get fucked off the same way the selfie stick did.

But But isn't this how we are meant to support our team?  isn't it the Sky Sports new wave Doctrine?   In all seriousness football has that ability to expose the whopperish behaviour indeed actually accentuate it to ridiculous levels. 
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8614 on: January 7, 2019, 01:47:39 pm »
We saw him. A steward sent him back up he aisle to his seat at first but then he gradually crept back down the front again. No way a regular. We assumed he'd got tkts from a sponsor but maybe he was over on a trip if he did Arsenal too.

I hate the signs too, esp when they're adults. We were glad Robbo ignored him :)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8615 on: January 7, 2019, 01:50:19 pm »
The more people who tell these absolute dangers to grow the fuck up the better. Fully grown men begging for shits. Beyond belief. But it also ruins it for the kids for whom its magical when the players do come over. Well the players will be put right off giving shirts out when there's adults fighting over them!

« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 02:01:38 pm by CONFIAMOS »

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8616 on: January 7, 2019, 02:00:00 pm »
There more people who tell these absolute dangers to grow the fuck up the better. Fully grown men begging for shits. Beyond belief. But it also ruins it for the kids for whom its magical when the players do come over. Well the players will be put right off giving shirts out when there's adults fighting over them!

Same with anyone over 21 asking a player for a selfie or an autograph.

1st thing that sprung to my mind about this, was that it's someone wanting shirts to sell. Similar to the way autograph hunting has become a business for some. Ruined it completely for any kid who wants a player's autograph. Wouldn't be surprised if this was someone spotting a similar opportunity.

In terms of the City tickets, at the Arsenal home game I heard a few away regulars who were sat behind me saying they'd be offered 500 for their City tickets. You can understand why some people will sell when it could pay for more than 50% of a season ticket or easily over the away trip to Bayern.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8617 on: January 7, 2019, 02:08:34 pm »
Not old enough for 70s but was there for Cup Quarter Final (88??) when the were in Div 2.  Bricks and bottles thrown in both directions that day.  They shit themselves outside though when our lot ran at them.

Was at that game and it seemed like every lad was out for that game. Think it was that game when we came outside and a few were waiting for us but got legged down an entry. It was a bit like the Arsenal reply at Villa Park in terms of nuttiness.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2019, 02:10:17 pm by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8618 on: January 7, 2019, 02:39:42 pm »
The more people who tell these absolute dangers to grow the fuck up the better. Fully grown men begging for shits. Beyond belief. But it also ruins it for the kids for whom its magical when the players do come over. Well the players will be put right off giving shirts out when there's adults fighting over them!

Hope I see the same gimp there tonight with the same plaque ( i refuse to call it a banner) and Robbo isn't playing.

He will have to do a bit of work on his shit piece of cardboard  Robertson #26 Moreno #18

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8619 on: January 7, 2019, 02:53:31 pm »
Hope I see the same gimp there tonight with the same plaque ( i refuse to call it a banner) and Robbo isn't playing.

He will have to do a bit of work on his shit piece of cardboard  Robertson #26 Moreno #18
save the quilt the job and just set it alight  if you see him.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8620 on: January 7, 2019, 03:19:32 pm »
save the quilt the job and just set HIM alight  if you see him.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8621 on: January 7, 2019, 04:47:18 pm »
Like what Jookie said, I assumed the fella was hoping to get a shirt to sell on. They make decent money, and if there is a photo of him receiving the shirt from the player himself it can validate the shirt as the real deal in the eyes of a buyer.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #8622 on: January 7, 2019, 06:04:26 pm »
Like what Jookie said, I assumed the fella was hoping to get a shirt to sell on. They make decent money, and if there is a photo of him receiving the shirt from the player himself it can validate the shirt as the real deal in the eyes of a buyer.

Parasite.

The whopper, not you SoS. ;)

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8623 on: January 7, 2019, 06:27:18 pm »
The reason I’m expecting it to be a good away atmosphere tonight given that no one will be paying big money to watch our 2nd team and it’s not at arsenal, city etc!!

That whole holding up a sign for a players shirt when you’re over the age of 18 is embarrassing

Tonight is the type of away game I’d like to go to, make us reds proud

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #8624 on: January 7, 2019, 07:24:26 pm »
The reason I’m expecting it to be a good away atmosphere tonight given that no one will be paying big money to watch our 2nd team and it’s not at arsenal, city etc!!

That whole holding up a sign for a players shirt when you’re over the age of 18 is embarrassing

Tonight is the type of away game I’d like to go to, make us reds proud

Away games in the Cup when I use to go in the 80's were always boss. Another one has just popped up . Carlisle in 89 I think it was.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Floydy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8625 on: January 7, 2019, 07:35:15 pm »
Away games in the Cup when I use to go in the 80's were always boss. Another one has just popped up . Carlisle in 89 I think it was.
remember that one,  really packed in tight that day was 10 years old scared shitless

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8626 on: January 8, 2019, 12:59:10 am »
We were in Block 5 of the normal away bit tonight. My god it was crap! It's hard when you are so spread out but we could hear the corner blocks at times. It was funny when the "South Bank" sang North Bank, North Bank give us a song and our lads replied with "We're top of the league"   ;D Went over many people's heads but it reminded me of what we used to sing at Anfield during boring games. "Annie Road Annie Road, give us a song"....

But hardly anyone around us wanted to sing at all. I know the match wasn't the best but still... ::) In theory there were more there tonight who can't always get tickets for league games but you'd never think so. Some just shouted and moaned; others  just stood in silence. I don't get why they bother.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8627 on: January 8, 2019, 01:25:28 am »
It was crap tonight.  4700 so the most we will have at a domestic fixture this season.  But there was a sense of gloom from the start.  The 6000 empty seats in the home ends didn’t help, we could have sold most if not all of them.  The lack of effort from the boys in red.  The crowd feeds off the players and there was a general sense of “can’t be arsed” on the pitch that was reflected by “can’t be arsed” in the stands.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2019, 01:27:41 am by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #8628 on: January 8, 2019, 08:03:16 am »
Didn’t go last night but the cameras kept zooming in on three whoppers in brand new scarves. Wish the tv directors would focus on others for a change. It used to be badge man years ago.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8629 on: January 8, 2019, 08:07:02 am »
Whoppers because they wore scarves? Not all of our support are fucking sheep who fall into your perception of how they should dress or act. Some emabarasing dickheads on tjlhis thread having a go at others because they don't "conform". Grow up.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #8630 on: January 8, 2019, 09:06:26 am »
It was piss poor on and off the pitch last night
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline cheshiremike

• Podcast/Youtube Addict. Sworn enema of CheshireDave
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #8631 on: January 8, 2019, 09:31:56 am »
Up there with Belgrade how shit fans were last night.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8632 on: January 8, 2019, 09:58:58 am »
Was desperate yesterday

My first away for a while but it was horrendous

The fact our fans were spread over the length of th pitch and up in the upper corner didn’t help which is of course why wolves do it

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #8633 on: January 8, 2019, 12:53:53 pm »
Whoppers because they wore scarves? Not all of our support are fucking sheep who fall into your perception of how they should dress or act. Some embarrassing dickheads on this thread having a go at others because they don't "conform". Grow up.

Couldn't agree more with you!! 

I wonder if this means that all the people with 'New Scarfs' in this pic are Whoppers!?  If it's an 'Old' scarf are they not whoppers!?

Can't wait for the next rendition of Allez Allez Allez in the Kop. 

Anyone who waves their 'New Scarf' in the air is going to get chanted at......

New scarf whopper
You're just a new scarf whopper
New Scarrrrrrrfffffffffff Whopppppppppppper

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #8634 on: January 8, 2019, 12:59:26 pm »
Even the travelling Kop didn’t bother last night.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8635 on: January 8, 2019, 02:36:25 pm »
Couldn't agree more with you!! 

I wonder if this means that all the people with 'New Scarfs' in this pic are Whoppers!?  If it's an 'Old' scarf are they not whoppers!?

Can't wait for the next rendition of Allez Allez Allez in the Kop. 

Anyone who waves their 'New Scarf' in the air is going to get chanted at......

New scarf whopper
New Scarrrrrrrfffffffffff Whopppppppppppper

Ha there's nothing wrong with scarves obviously but I got what the original poster meant about the people the cameras kept zooming in on!

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8636 on: January 8, 2019, 02:41:29 pm »
Even the travelling Kop didn’t bother last night.

Some of us did at times but we were so spread out over the length of the pitch and two tiers in the corner so it was very diluted. And it was hard to keep going all evening

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8637 on: January 8, 2019, 04:13:13 pm »
"We pay your benefits"

Fuck off you plastic Brummie c*nts. No you fucking well do not.

I keep hearing about how Wolves with their owners and financial backing are getting prepared to propel themselves into the big time.

Be that as it may, their fans are still the stand-out fucking 'small time' lot I've come across. (Leicester a close second)

And for the record...you backwards twats and just in case any of you are lurking in here.  Here are the Official JSA and UC claimant figures for 2018 stated below:  ( I have filtered out the relevant info)

As you can see the self righteous hard working people of the Duchy of Wolverhampton do in fact have a higher percentage of benefit claimants than the people of Liverpool.

Constituency                    Claimant Rate (%)

Liverpool, Riverside             4.6
Liverpool, Walton                7
Liverpool, Wavertree           5.2
Liverpool, West Derby         4.9
Average                             5.425%

Wolverhampton North East           7
Wolverhampton South East          7.8
Wolverhampton South West         6.2
Average                                     7%

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-8398#fullreport

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8638 on: January 8, 2019, 06:15:56 pm »

Constituency                    Claimant Rate (%)

Liverpool, Riverside             4.6
Liverpool, Walton                7
Liverpool, Wavertree           5.2
Liverpool, West Derby         4.9
Average                             5.425%

Wolverhampton North East           7
Wolverhampton South East          7.8
Wolverhampton South West         6.2
Average                                     7%

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-8398#fullreport

Pete, I challenge you to make a flag for next season capturing this information. I'll chip-in to help pay for it.

From my benefit pay, of course.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8639 on: January 8, 2019, 06:29:16 pm »
Pete, I challenge you to make a flag for next season capturing this information. I'll chip-in to help pay for it.

From my benefit pay, of course.

I posted it on twitter and some Wolves fans are giving it the old 'chants are just there to wind the opposition up, don't let it bother you" etc

They just don't get it.