Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1520672 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #8440 on: September 30, 2018, 02:37:37 pm »
What's the Joe Gomez song E?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8aoHVAemio

No idea where they were - somewhere v dark! :D - but you ca hear it. Dead easy to learn so no excuse for people not to join in (IMO)

Got sung several times yesterday
We are a team of one half.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8441 on: September 30, 2018, 02:39:01 pm »
Love that Joe has got his own song, agree that Milner should get one too.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8442 on: September 30, 2018, 03:03:25 pm »
Ain't nobody, like Joe Gomez, makes me happy, makes me feel this way

sung to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j1RCys4R0g
That's crackingly simple and great.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #8443 on: September 30, 2018, 03:13:48 pm »
Milner deffo needs a song.   Dont know why but i have  been singing this one in my head for months , LeveL 42 Lessons on love. :)

All our dreams and all the singing
James Milners been building
Theres none better
Than James Milner
Lessons in love
 :-X
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8444 on: September 30, 2018, 04:03:09 pm »
Surely Milner's song is

James Milner can he assist it?
James Milner yes he can

to the bob the builder.... :shite:

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8445 on: September 30, 2018, 05:12:08 pm »
He's Big
He's Black
He'll fuck up your attack
Joe Gomez
Joe Gomez

Too short?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8446 on: October 4, 2018, 03:56:33 pm »
Just wanted to say well done to the travelling Kop yesterday in Naples.

I hope everyone got home safe and sound as I see that lot were up to their tricks yet again.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #8447 on: October 20, 2018, 03:15:56 pm »
ABSOLUTE SCENES | Inside the Liverpool end for Sturridge's equaliser v Chelsea

https://youtu.be/1shwIk8vqV8
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8448 on: October 20, 2018, 10:52:21 pm »
Not as good as usual today but to be honest it's hard to think straight with that fucking drumming going on constantly, let alone sing. I'd honestly stop going to Anfield if we had one of them, it's just awful. Constant droning shite like Palace too, regardless of what's going on on the pitch, I just can't get on board with it at all. Yeah they're loud and that but fuck me it's mind numbing. And they have the cheek to sing that our support is shit. That drum is gonna be in my dreams for weeks to come. :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8449 on: October 20, 2018, 11:08:56 pm »
Not as good as usual today but to be honest it's hard to think straight with that fucking drumming going on constantly, let alone sing. I'd honestly stop going to Anfield if we had one of them, it's just awful. Constant droning shite like Palace too, regardless of what's going on on the pitch, I just can't get on board with it at all. Yeah they're loud and that but fuck me it's mind numbing. And they have the cheek to sing that our support is shit. That drum is gonna be in my dreams for weeks to come. :butt

Two of the few aways I’ve been too are West Brom and Palace - fucking horrendous isn’t it? Was stood right next to the drumming robot twat at WBA too, moved down to the front to get away from him.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8450 on: October 20, 2018, 11:36:23 pm »
Two of the few aways I’ve been too are West Brom and Palace - fucking horrendous isn’t it? Was stood right next to the drumming robot twat at WBA too, moved down to the front to get away from him.
It will make me think twice about going to Huddersfield next season if they stay up, it's that bad. I'd happily beat the drummer to death with his drum.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8451 on: October 21, 2018, 10:16:30 am »
Shite
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8452 on: October 21, 2018, 10:57:26 am »
It was poor today. In the first half, most of their songs were ones we have words to so people sung them over the top but after that.... ::) Really poor. We were quite low down so wondered if it was better at the back but...

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8453 on: October 21, 2018, 05:07:41 pm »
It will make me think twice about going to Huddersfield next season if they stay up, it's that bad. I'd happily beat the drummer to death with his drum.

The mad bird with the bell at Maine Road was bad enough but drums are an abomination. Spanish fans love them, went to watch Elche when in Spain and was next to their 'ultras'. They had two fat blokes in green wigs banging their drums incessantly whilst not taking a blind bit of notice of the game.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #8454 on: October 21, 2018, 09:06:25 pm »
Was rubbish yesterday but as redgriffin said, you cant focus on anything with that fuckin drum banging every single minute.  :butt

That's what I hate about drums. Its manufactured shite. No matter what's happening on the pitch, winning, losing, the drum keeps going and they keep singing those wank generic songs. The KOP may not sing all the time, but give me one of those almighty roars from the KOP filled with passion and emotion any day, rather than a constant drone of a fuckin drum.

1st time I've been to Huddersfield and safe to say I hope the fuckers get relegated so we don't have to endure that shite next season. Leave them to have a 'drum off' with the likes of West Brom and Wigan. c*nts. 
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8455 on: October 21, 2018, 09:12:29 pm »
Was rubbish yesterday but as redgriffin said, you cant focus on anything with that fuckin drum banging every single minute.  :butt

That's what I hate about drums. Its manufactured shite. No matter what's happening on the pitch, winning, losing, the drum keeps going and they keep singing those wank generic songs. *The KOP may not sing all the time, but give me one of those almighty roars from the KOP filled with passion and emotion any day, rather than a constant drone of a fuckin drum.*

1st time I've been to Huddersfield and safe to say I hope the fuckers get relegated so we don't have to endure that shite next season. Leave them to have a 'drum off' with the likes of West Brom and Wigan. c*nts. 

This is how I see it too. I'd rather have the odd quiet game but also have games where the atmosphere is incredible than have a loud but manufactured atmosphere every game
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 09:14:15 pm by Perham »
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #8456 on: October 21, 2018, 09:12:40 pm »

That's what I hate about drums. Its manufactured shite. No matter what's happening on the pitch, winning, losing, the drum keeps going and they keep singing those wank generic songs. The KOP may not sing all the time, but give me one of those almighty roars from the KOP filled with passion and emotion any day, rather than a constant drone of a fuckin drum.

Reminds me of that fella who used to ring his bell at Portsmouth. Would have hated to of been stood next to him all the time. From what I've been told though, he's a really sound bloke and has done stuff for charity for the families of the 96 in the past.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8457 on: October 21, 2018, 09:21:14 pm »
You're all talking rubbish, in the good old days(yes I know we're not there anymore) we would of sung/pissed take, the pricks down. Now we just sit/stand there and complain abar them being noisy. Just like the above posts.

No, don't blame them, blame us. Blame us for not having the unity to sing it down. We knew what we were going to get after last season, so it was nothing new.

Our choice of song is wrong, Liver bird and Every other, really? They're pissed up in the ale house anthems great song and I love them like an old friend, but they have no place on a terrace that wants and needs vibrance and volume. 5 and 6 verse songs don't work. Simple as.

Our away end is, in the main, shite, bar the big games. Pretty much like the home games.

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8458 on: October 21, 2018, 09:33:12 pm »
I’ve been to the majority of prem grounds over the last 10-15 years and am struggling to remember home support quite as loud and prolonged as last night anywhere.

Whatever your opinion on the drum they completely drowned us out from both sides and kept it up for the majority of the game.  They gave their team a genuine 12th man and if they do have any chance of staying up it will be on the back of home performances.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8459 on: October 21, 2018, 09:35:28 pm »
I’ve been to the majority of prem grounds over the last 10-15 years and am struggling to remember home support quite as loud and prolonged as last night anywhere.

Whatever your opinion on the drum they completely drowned us out from both sides and kept it up for the majority of the game.  They gave their team a genuine 12th man and if they do have any chance of staying up it will be on the back of home performances.

They should have a boozer outside the ground called that and eulogise about themselves being that, every other Saturday.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8460 on: October 21, 2018, 09:55:51 pm »
The drone, what abah the fucking drone? Does no-one start the drone anymore? That would fucking drown out the Ilkley Moor ba tatter faced twats.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8461 on: October 21, 2018, 10:49:24 pm »

Palace is the worst one. At one point the pundits and commentators seemed to eulogise about their 'ultra' support but it's the same shit repertoire of songs most of the Football League seem to sing, just changing the player/team name.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #8462 on: October 21, 2018, 11:40:12 pm »

Exactly this. 

Who cares if their songs are s**t, or if the drum is annoying, is that really an excuse for the away team not to create their own atmosphere!?  As it's been said they had the 12th man and it nearly worked for them.  There's not many home fans who can generate that atmosphere week in week out for a premiership game.  Yesterday wasn't a one off for them either, they do it each week.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8463 on: October 22, 2018, 05:59:27 am »
I know drums are a bit whopper-y but they did create a consistent atmosphere on Saturday. Sounded great on TV too when our fans “caught” the drum on beat whilst singing O Campione.

Pretty much the only time I heard us except Salah song.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:03:58 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8464 on: October 22, 2018, 11:53:46 am »
I know drums are a bit whopper-y but they did create a consistent atmosphere on Saturday. Sounded great on TV too when our fans “caught” the drum on beat whilst singing O Campione.

Pretty much the only time I heard us except Salah song.

It was hard work, people tried on and off but the away end is right next to their "ultras" (which of course is perfect for them) so I think any sustained effort on our part was still going to sound drowned out by their drum. The best chance we had was like you say, when we sang one of our songs to the same tune - from memory that happened with Oh Campione, Best Midfield in the World, and the Maxi and Mascherano songs. Anything else you just felt a bit like you were pissing in the wind and it just faded out. If you were stood towards that side of our end you literally couldn't hear anything except their drum. I don't remember it being as bad last season though, maybe they have upped their game a bit. Fair play to them, they're fucking loud, but nah, it's not for me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 11:55:25 am by redgriffin73 »

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #8465 on: October 22, 2018, 08:29:40 pm »
It was hard work, people tried on and off but the away end is right next to their "ultras" (which of course is perfect for them) so I think any sustained effort on our part was still going to sound drowned out by their drum. The best chance we had was like you say, when we sang one of our songs to the same tune - from memory that happened with Oh Campione, Best Midfield in the World, and the Maxi and Mascherano songs. Anything else you just felt a bit like you were pissing in the wind and it just faded out. If you were stood towards that side of our end you literally couldn't hear anything except their drum. I don't remember it being as bad last season though, maybe they have upped their game a bit. Fair play to them, they're fucking loud, but nah, it's not for me.

Exactly this. I was in that section and couldn't hear what the people 3 rows in front of me were singing, never mind trying to orchestrate 2000 reds to follow me in a rendition of FOAR. Even Allez Allez Allez was drowned out and we all know how loud that can get when it gets going. It wasn't through the want of trying. People gave it a good go in parts, but that drum was fuckin load and relentless. Fair play to them, they haven't scored a goal at home all season and they were trying to roar the team on, but for me i'd rather it be raw improvised passion, rather than manufactured, generic songs that half the lower leagues sing.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8466 on: October 22, 2018, 11:49:19 pm »
You're all talking rubbish, in the good old days(yes I know we're not there anymore) we would of sung/pissed take, the pricks down. Now we just sit/stand there and complain abar them being noisy. Just like the above posts.

No, don't blame them, blame us. Blame us for not having the unity to sing it down. We knew what we were going to get after last season, so it was nothing new.

Two things we do wrong ,which I reckon would never have happened in the 70s/80s when our ability to sing back and drown out any smart arse comments from away fans ,are I wish someone would come up with a wittier and smart response are first to the Gerrard slip song..surely we can come up with something better than the song they’re taking the piss out  -and second every time some no mark idiots from god forsaken towns like Hull and Burnley give us the where’s your famous atmosphere can someone come up with a response along the lines of its shite cos we’re playing you no mark c*nts..

Always used to love it when the kop in the 80’s used to snap back to the regular chant of the era from the south of you what you what you what you what you what...with you ‘erd you ‘erd you ‘erd you ‘erd you ‘erd you’erd
+6 ticket exchange

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #8467 on: October 23, 2018, 01:11:05 am »
Sing something simple you simple twats
Oh, Sing something simple you simple twats
or we'll sing something simple for you
Something for you....
Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool.....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YYlrgNyGUqI&amp;t=67s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YYlrgNyGUqI&amp;t=67s</a>

We used to do it acapella and everythin'
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 01:28:08 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #8468 on: October 23, 2018, 08:44:31 am »
'Back to school on Monday, back to school on Monday, na na na na, na na na na.'

'Oh you got yer education from the Kop.'

'What the fucking hell was that?'

There was also 'Jackanory, Jackanory ...' but I think that was of it's time, you'd need to be 50-odd to even know what it was  ;D

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8469 on: October 23, 2018, 10:16:02 pm »
Reminds me of that fella who used to ring his bell at Portsmouth. Would have hated to of been stood next to him all the time. From what I've been told though, he's a really sound bloke and has done stuff for charity for the families of the 96 in the past.

In the arl days it was boss to hear the Pompey chimes when there was a load of them doing it. Keeping to your own culture and heritage is completely different to trying to impose someone elses culture on your own fans.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8470 on: October 23, 2018, 10:19:09 pm »

Our away end is, in the main, shite, bar the big games. Pretty much like the home games.

The big games are shite now, e.g. United.  The best ones are the ones that the cling ons can't be arsed with, e.g. Middlesborough midweek a couple of years back.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8471 on: October 23, 2018, 10:22:19 pm »

You'd get slung out at a home match for calling them 'simple', now.  Someeone will be along in a minute to say,"right, so".

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8472 on: October 23, 2018, 10:29:25 pm »
The big games are shite now, e.g. United.  The best ones are the ones that the cling ons can't be arsed with, e.g. Middlesborough midweek a couple of years back.

Yep, Boro away and Stoke away have been the best in the last few years. The bigger ones especially London ones are shit, the last two years at Arsenal I've been stuck next to a lad who didn't speak a word of English and spent most of the game texting in what looked like arabic and the year before I was next a fella with a giant ipad who spent half of it taking pictures of his daughter. The 2-1 win at Chelsea I had a whole family infront that I've never seen at an away before that wanted to fucking sit down. I don't blame these people for going of course, nothing wrong with them wanting to see their team but I wish more would be done to stop these touting c*nts.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8473 on: October 23, 2018, 10:42:52 pm »
Yep, Boro away and Stoke away have been the best in the last few years. The bigger ones especially London ones are shit, the last two years at Arsenal I've been stuck next to a lad who didn't speak a word of English and spent most of the game texting in what looked like arabic and the year before I was next a fella with a giant ipad who spent half of it taking pictures of his daughter. The 2-1 win at Chelsea I had a whole family infront that I've never seen at an away before that wanted to fucking sit down. I don't blame these people for going of course, nothing wrong with them wanting to see their team but I wish more would be done to stop these touting c*nts.

Said this before.  When tickets are being touted in batches you have to question who the sourse is.  I reckon Liverpool are scared to do anything because they'll find it's people at the Club themselves or sponsors.  Yet they have no problem sending in squads to deal with scals touting a single outside The Park.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #8474 on: October 24, 2018, 01:27:47 am »
I always imagine that family groups like that get their tickets via sponsors/partners, rightly or wrongly  :-\

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #8475 on: October 24, 2018, 10:18:13 am »
It'll all go completely to shit when we win the league

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8476 on: October 24, 2018, 11:11:29 am »

Wouldn’t mind finding out.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8477 on: October 24, 2018, 02:27:32 pm »

We can all just fuck it off after we win the league and go and watch cricket instead
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #8478 on: October 24, 2018, 04:53:36 pm »
Modern football eh ! Bit like the lad who ran on the pitch last night in a United top to get a selfie with Ronaldo. All that’s wrong with football summed up in that moment.
It would happen at Anfield too, I’ve no doubt. We had that woman years ago laughing like a drain and taking photos of him when he scored against us. Sad.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #8479 on: October 24, 2018, 08:52:09 pm »
Oh, Sing something simple you simple twats
or we'll sing something simple for you
Something for you....
Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool.....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YYlrgNyGUqI&amp;t=67s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YYlrgNyGUqI&amp;t=67s</a>

We used to do it acapella and everythin'

Especially to the untintelligible Geordies
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."