Author Topic: Dejan Lovren  (Read 220358 times)

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dejan Lovren
« Reply #2080 on: October 5, 2014, 08:29:39 pm »
A this moment in time it is infinitely more likely for him to improve as the cohesion in the defence grows and he finds his feet.
Not a given, but much, much more likely he'll play better as the season goes on.

In the sense, he can't get any worse - then I agree.

There is always hope.

It is such a shame really as I said he has all the tools to be a fantastic CB.  But he's too rash and a bit of a maverick at this moment in time.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #2081 on: October 5, 2014, 08:31:31 pm »
But far more negatives.  Bar Everton, he's made costly mistakes in nearly every game.

We can all hope he will be fine, but at this moment in time I don't see how anyone can be so confident.

Maybe having seen a lot come and go, gives you that confidence. I could name some that looked world beaters in the first couple of weeks but were never going to be.

I struggle to see all these negatives, I just see a player coming into a defence that has never played together and struggling to get an understanding, a co-herent pattern. Same player shows all the attributes, talks to his team mates a lot and is not short of confidence. As the season progresses and the defence settles he will get stronger, I've seen it enough times to be confident. Not really seen anything that worries me and I know he's really impressed those around the club. 
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: October 5, 2014, 08:32:15 pm »

Oh fuck off lad, you talk some bollox

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2083 on: October 5, 2014, 08:37:02 pm »
Oh fuck off lad, you talk some bollox

Sorry for wanting to see better performances for the good of the club.

How dare our fans want us to do well and have players perform!

Anyway I don't come on here for abuse, so I will just ignore you if that's OK with you.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2014, 08:38:43 pm by LFC4LIFENET »
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: October 5, 2014, 08:37:23 pm »
But far more negatives.  Bar Everton, he's made costly mistakes in nearly every game.

We can all hope he will be fine, but at this moment in time I don't see how anyone can be so confident.
I disagree mate, I've given him motm 3 times so far!

I'm clearly not seeing the negatives that others are observing.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: October 5, 2014, 08:37:47 pm »
I struggle to see all these negatives

You have been happy with him making all these mistakes?  Fair enough, I'm not!
@LFC4LIFENET

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2086 on: October 5, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »
I disagree mate, I've given him motm 3 times so far!

Which games out of interest?
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: October 5, 2014, 08:39:51 pm »
Sorry for wanted to see better performances for the good of the club.

How dare our fans want us to do well and have players perform!

Anyway I don't come on here for abuse, so I will just ignore you if that's OK with you.

That's sound with me, but don't try to kid anyone that you want what's good for the club. You are here, there and everywhere sniping at players and the manager, them all, no positives just negatives. You would not dream of spouting the same shite around Anfield, not in a million years.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: October 5, 2014, 08:42:10 pm »
That's sound with me, but don't try to kid anyone that you want what's good for the club. You are here, there and everywhere sniping at players and the manager, them all, no positives just negatives. You would not dream of spouting the same shite around Anfield, not in a million years.

I say what I think, and if I am in a pub in Anfield - of course I'd say the same thing.

When watching matches, you back the team and cheer them.  On here we discuss the issues.  I praise the players that are delivering and I am critical of the ones who aren't.  To say I am only negative just isn't true.  Look today I have praised Henderson and Lallana on here.  I am critical of Lovren because he had another poor game (IMO).

Everyone on here wants what is good for the club.  I don't think pretending Lovren is doing well when he clearly isn't (in my eyes) does the club any good.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2089 on: October 5, 2014, 08:43:58 pm »
I don't think pretending Lovren is doing well when he clearly isn't (in my eyes) does the club any good.
How is spouting shite about him making loads of mistakes doing the club good?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: October 5, 2014, 08:46:24 pm »
How is spouting shite about him making loads of mistakes doing the club good?

How is it shit?  Look at the weekend, he left the West Brom striker to have a free header in the first half.  He gave away a penalty with a rash tackle (granted it was outside the box but still a poor mistake).  He also had another collision with Skrtel going for the same header, when it was clearly not his to win.

That's just one game...  so don't pretend I am criticising him for no reason.  I could mention loads of other errors he has made since he has arrived.

Saying the truth does the club good, not pretending players are playing when when they aren't.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #2091 on: October 5, 2014, 08:46:50 pm »
He said in one of his 'just-signed' interviews for us that he would give everything.  For us, against man city, wasn't it?_he headed the ball back into our box after an over anxious header to disposess another player (cant remember who it was)?  That instance, in itself, probably sums up his mindset.  As a centre-back, of course you want some blood and thunder.  But.....

p.s. I was just writing that off the top of my head, not reacting to anyone.  Don't want to get involved with any agro.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2014, 08:55:44 pm by princeoftherocks »
dios esta buena

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2092 on: October 5, 2014, 08:50:17 pm »
Saying the truth does the club good, not pretending players are playing when when they aren't.
You deserve a medal for all the good you've been doing the club by telling us the truth about all these players.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: October 5, 2014, 08:51:34 pm »
You deserve a medal for all the good you've been doing the club by telling us the truth about all these players.

I shouldn't deserve abuse (from the poster above) and snide comments from people like you for just being honest and having an opinion which is perfectly valid.

@LFC4LIFENET

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: October 5, 2014, 08:52:57 pm »
I say what I think, and if I am in a pub in Anfield - of course I'd say the same thing.

When watching matches, you back the team and cheer them.  On here we discuss the issues.  I praise the players that are delivering and I am critical of the ones who aren't.  To say I am only negative just isn't true.  Look today I have praised Henderson and Lallana on here.  I am critical of Lovren because he had another poor game (IMO).

Everyone on here wants what is good for the club.  I don't think pretending Lovren is doing well when he clearly isn't (in my eyes) does the club any good.

Which pubs have you been in round Anfield?  How often would that be?

You have praised Lallana and Jordan Henderson??  Well I'm impressed by your foresight.  Since even the Owl thinks they're decent... your talent spotting fucking amazes me. Bonus point for you.

So you'll excuse me if I think Brendan Rodgers might be smarter at football than you.

Lovren has been just fine so far.  In fact, if you even want to think about it, after a career of about 8 games he has been better than just about any centreback over the past 25 years at that stage.

Like you remember Carra in his first games? Henchoz? Even Lawro in that debut season?

Naw, you know fuck all enough to have the right to diss OUR players.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: October 5, 2014, 08:55:54 pm »

That's just one game...  so don't pretend I am criticising him for no reason.  I could mention loads of other errors he has made since he has arrived.

Go then.  Big boy.

Tell us these errors.

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2096 on: October 5, 2014, 09:00:49 pm »

Mate, this is the sort of stuff that's getting you abuse. It isn't honest, it is snide rhetoric, and, as it is clearly not the truth—he could easily get worse from where he is now whether or not you think now is good enough, and while he hasn't been good enough in my view, neither has he been Torben—it gets up people's noses. That's what Mac got stroppy about, and I can see why. 

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2097 on: October 5, 2014, 09:03:08 pm »
Mate, this is the sort of stuff that's getting you abuse. It isn't honest, it is snide rhetoric, and, as it is clearly not the truth—he could easily get worse from where he is now whether or not you think now is good enough, and while he hasn't been good enough in my view, neither has he been Torben—it gets up people's noses. That's what Mac got stroppy about, and I can see why.

He's making mistakes nearly every game, so I don't think he can get much worse.  I don't see what's wrong with saying that.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2098 on: October 5, 2014, 09:05:26 pm »

I don't know what you'd do around Anfield, but I've never heard anyone being so negative and I know one or two that would take exception.

Not sure everyone on here wants what is best for the club, plenty just seem to revl in a 'told you so' attitude and others only seem to have anything to say when something goes wrong.

Good to see that you have positives to say about Henderson after a wonderful performance, when it has become fashionable to praise him in here, just can't help but get the impression that you were probably not so complimentary when he was struggling a bit and needed our support.

What's best for the club? Really?
he can't get any worse
Give it a rest

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2099 on: October 5, 2014, 09:06:38 pm »
He's making mistakes nearly every game, so I don't think he can get much worse.  I don't see what's wrong with saying that.
That's just bollocks, name one of our centre-backs who isn't making mistakes nearly every game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: October 5, 2014, 09:08:25 pm »
That's just bollocks, name one of our centre-backs who isn't making mistakes nearly every game.

This topic is about Lovren, not our other centre backs.

I think Sakho has made far less mistakes than Lovren, not that it is relevant to this thread.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: October 5, 2014, 09:13:06 pm »
Could it be that he is over-eager to impress all of us .... And maybe that's one of the reasons why he tends to be so rash in the matches ?

I saw him play for Southampton and he looked pretty calm there (although Southampton had 2 juggernauts in midfield to protect the defence).

It probably is not gonna do us any good to point out his mistakes.... It is obvious that Rodgers rates lovern so it is in our interest to make life easier for him.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2102 on: October 5, 2014, 09:17:33 pm »
This topic is about Lovren, not our other centre backs.

I think Sakho has made far less mistakes than Lovren, not that it is relevant to this thread.
That's the same Sakho who went for the same ball as Lovren, gave away the free kick vs Middlesboro etc etc all the things you're complaining about Lovren.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: October 5, 2014, 09:19:02 pm »
That's the same Sakho who went for the same ball as Lovren, gave away the free kick vs Middlesboro etc etc all the things you're complaining about Lovren.

This topic is about Lovren, not Sakho.

I have not said Sakho hasn't made errors either.  I said he has made less, people need to read correctly.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2104 on: October 5, 2014, 09:19:47 pm »
I remember spurs never got close to us in the 2nd, and there was one screw up which he recovered from with a well times slide tackle. Adebayor got the run on him but couldn't finish. Don't remember him doing too much wrong but the whole team were on form that day. The midfield in particular who made it far easier for our centre backs which is what should be happening more often,

Three excellent tackles, a good header in their box and an excellent headed clearance. Took the responsibility of marking Adebeyor throughout. But was shite, apparently, couldn't have been worse. Only for the good of the club I'm saying that like, not for my own ego.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2105 on: October 5, 2014, 09:20:29 pm »
It's a bit heated in here at the minute don't you think chaps?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: October 5, 2014, 09:21:29 pm »
Three excellent tackles, a good header in their box and an excellent headed clearance. Took the responsibility of marking Adebeyor throughout. But was shite, apparently, couldn't have been worse. Only for the good of the club I'm saying that like, not for my own ego.

He did a lot of things right that day as well, I agree.

But his errors could of and should have been punished and could have been costly.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2107 on: October 5, 2014, 09:21:47 pm »
This topic is about Lovren, not Sakho.

I have not said Sakho hasn't made errors either.  I said he has made less, people need to read correctly.
Yes, but the same ones you're complaining about Lovren making.

Alternatively I could go to the Sakho thread and find your post complaining about those mistakes and we could pick up the conversation from there?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2108 on: October 5, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »

But his errors could of and should have been punished and could have been costly.
Out of interest did you count the things he did right? Obviously that would be for the good of the club!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2109 on: October 5, 2014, 09:23:22 pm »

So lets get this straight:

You said he did a lot of good things against Spurs
You said Spurs was his poorest game so far
You said he could not get any worse

Do you not see any contradictions in that circle?

errm

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: October 5, 2014, 09:25:23 pm »
On the subject of errors, are we counting things like, not moving over towards Moreno in the build up to City's goal? Because, really conceding a goal like that wasn't down to Lovren not shifting over slightly
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: October 5, 2014, 09:27:15 pm »
So lets get this straight:

You said he did a lot of good things against Spurs
You said Spurs was his poorest game so far
You said he could not get any worse

Do you not see any contradictions in that circle?

errm

He did a lot of things right against Spurs.  He made a lot of mistakes that day as well.

I think it would be hard for him to get worse, as he is making costly mistakes nearly every game. 

I want him to cut these errors out as much as possible.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: October 5, 2014, 09:30:37 pm »
It's a bit heated in here at the minute don't you think chaps?

Nothing new, you would think we were rival fans at times.

If you sat a group of Liverpool supporters round a table, the opinions would vary but the discussion would be civilized, in here to many are trying to belittle their fellow reds.

Offline sadam hussain

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2113 on: October 5, 2014, 09:32:31 pm »
Centre backs need a run of games like midfielders to see the best in them. They also need confidence in their teammates especially the goalkeeper . Jury's out for me but as long as we are picking up 3 points along the way that will do for now.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2114 on: October 5, 2014, 09:36:24 pm »
Abuse is NOT a welcome trait on here

This goes for those who wrap up comments in cute phrases or outright call people names.

Dejan Lovren alone is not the cause of anything. If you've forgotten something please let me take this opportunity to remind you all that Liverpool Football Club puts out a team. A team that is managed by Brendan Rodgers. As fans we have a duty to support that team through thick and thin. Blaming an individual isn't articulate or even remotely sensible. There are 10 other players on the pitch who make up a collective.

Now, go compute that for a while. I hate player threads for one good reason - everyone assumes their opinion is the truth. When in some cases the only truth is that your opinion isn't a good one it seems to cause offence.

It's a fucking shit one if all you can do is ridicule a player.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2014, 09:59:06 pm by NotHarinder »
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770