Author Topic: Raheem Shaquille Sterling  (Read 676660 times)

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Raheem Shaquille Sterling
« on: September 20, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »
Other thread(s) locked, so in light of the news that the assault case against Raheem has 'collapsed' thought it was worth starting another.

Rob Harris ‏@RobHarris 1m
Assault case against Liverpool player Raheem Sterling collapses at Liverpool Magistrates' Court

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/raheem-sterling-trial-live-updates-2288188

Good news for the lad.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2013, 04:53:36 pm by Baaneigh_Rubble »

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 04:16:08 pm »
Good. Hopefully that's the last of this shit involving Raheem. He's going to be some player for us.

Offline smokintony

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 04:24:54 pm »
Poor lad no one should have to put up with such things

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:29:28 pm »
I was watching the live updates on the echo. Why is it that she was situated behind a screen? And why is it that he had to go out when she was coming in?
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 04:30:16 pm »
She argued that the quality of her evidence would be compromised if she had to face him.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:31:42 pm »
Poor lad no one should have to put up with such things
glad the case has been dropped,but the lad needs to grow up and stop letting himself get into the position to be accused of such things,hw many times has he been accused of something like this,twice?,three times?

Needs to start realising he is a professional and a role model for thousands of young kids,this kids got a great opportunity and shouldn't throw it away doing stupid things

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 04:31:48 pm »
She argued that the quality of her evidence would be compromised if she had to face him.

Turns out that it was shite anyway ey

Offline smokintony

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 04:37:05 pm »
glad the case has been dropped,but the lad needs to grow up and stop letting himself get into the position to be accused of such things,hw many times has he been accused of something like this,twice?,three times?

Needs to start realising he is a professional and a role model for thousands of young kids,this kids got a great opportunity and shouldn't throw it away doing stupid things

Stop getting into cars with woman?

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »
Hope he starts to wisen himself up. He needs to understand that his fame could attract certain characters especially those wanting to milk something out of him.

I know he's young, but the profession he chose to take carries certain burdens and sacrifices. One of them is private and social life is compromised as it is under the spotlight.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 04:45:44 pm »
Hope he starts to wisen himself up. He needs to understand that his fame could attract certain characters especially those wanting to milk something out of him.

I know he's young, but the profession he chose to take carries certain burdens and sacrifices. One of them is private and social life is compromised as it is under the spotlight.

Spot on but I doubt it , was driving down a pretty rough part of liverpool last week and he's outside a house chatting to a girl and her little girl ,wasn't there also an incident in page moss a few months ago . Seems like he does need to wise up and grow up too

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »
She keeps getting referred to as his girlfriend and not ex..

I take it they're still together?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 04:49:26 pm »
Hopefully he can concentrate on footballing matters now. Ever since he signed his new contract last December he's been pretty poor and his attitude at time has been awful.

Maybe the stress of this case has been at the back of his mind but hopefully he can now knuckle down, improve and show the talent he showed last year.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 04:50:53 pm »
She keeps getting referred to as his girlfriend and not ex..

I take it they're still together?

I highly doubt it ;-)

Offline smokintony

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2013, 04:56:27 pm »

Spot on but I doubt it , was driving down a pretty rough part of liverpool last week and he's outside a house chatting to a girl and her little girl ,wasn't there also an incident in page moss a few months ago . Seems like he does need to wise up and grow up too
He does need to realise how lucky he is and realise he cant do the things others his age do I guess that can be kind of tough for an 18 year old, but you cant expect him to live like a monk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 05:05:01 pm »
He does need to realise how lucky he is and realise he cant do the things others his age do I guess that can be kind of tough for an 18 year old, but you cant expect him to live like a monk

No one said he needs to live like a monk, however with a salary allowing him to earn in a couple of months more than a normal person is able to make in his/her whole working life, he needs to understand that he needs to be careful.

All the others in the team have been 18 year olds, and there are a couple that at 18 were already as much a star as raheem is. But tell me how many others have landed in trouble so many times in a short period of time.

Maybe he should seek a bit of advice on how to choose social circles to frequent.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 05:11:07 pm »
Good, hopefully that's that. Seems to have been overblown, anyway. Time to concentrate on becoming the player he's got the potential to be.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2013, 05:23:22 pm »

Hopefully he can concentrate on footballing matters now. Ever since he signed his new contract last December he's been pretty poor and his attitude at time has been awful.

Raheem Sterling ‏@sterling31 22 Jul

: You gone always have haters...even Jesus had haters & he was perfect...it's life..when you progressing & succeeding ppl get jealous..#Word

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »
Hopefully his off-field decision-making will continue to improve the way his on-field decision-making has.

Seriously think he has it in his locker to become one of the greats.  Hard to tell for sure, as always with any young player, but he certainly has the talent for it.  Would love to see him spend the next 10 or 15 years making his legend a Red one.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Drippy Dick

• probably due to the tumble tossing
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 05:49:28 pm »
I read this as he`d collapsed during the case and was like what the fuck
I live my life for the stars that shine

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 07:14:00 pm »

: You gone always have haters...even Jesus had haters & he was perfect...it's life..when you progressing & succeeding ppl get jealous..#Word

Nice attitude.

Next court appearence in a few months   ;D

Offline babraham

• blincoln. Likes to have man crushes cos he's so pretty, oh so pretty (vacant).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 11:56:52 pm »
Happy for the lad. Hopefully this is the last non-football discussion we have about him.
The imbecile formerly known as babraham. But now called babraham again! Though still an imbecile. Sadly.

Klopp: "We have to change from doubters to believers...NOW"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:29 am »
is this something we should really discuss? none of us know anything about the case. he hasn't been found guilty, but thats all we know.

the idea we should automatically be happy about this without knowing if he has done something (or not) doesnt sit right.

obviously it could very well be the case that he's done absolutely nothing - i just personally would put justice ahead of a desire for a liverpool player to be found not guilty.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 12:56:55 am »
is this something we should really discuss? none of us know anything about the case. he hasn't been found guilty, but thats all we know.

the idea we should automatically be happy about this without knowing if he has done something (or not) doesnt sit right.

obviously it could very well be the case that he's done absolutely nothing - i just personally would put justice ahead of a desire for a liverpool player to be found not guilty.

I think a general statement of "It's great that this case fell apart in terms of its impact on the club, but I hope it fell apart because there was no case in the first place" is about all that needs to be said.

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2013, 01:00:14 am »
Happy for the lad. Hopefully this is the last non-football discussion we have about him.

I'll miss the hair-discussions :(

Offline nightporter

• Nothing personal, but good riddance.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2013, 01:06:23 am »
I told him, no offence to the area, but he needs to keep the **** out of tocky and away from these money grabbing *****!
'Vagiclean, huh? What's the matter, honey? Little extra cheese on the taco?'

'Price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. I repeat: price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. That's Vagiclean. We've got a customer down here with a full-on fallopian fungus. She's baking a loaf of bread and I think it's sourdough.'

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2013, 01:33:06 am »
It's good to hear that it's been thrown out of court and he seems to be in the clear.

I don't want to dwell on all that, so I'll talk about his football instead.

What a player he could turn out to be, eh? Saw him for the U21s the other night and in that second half he was unplayable, it was like he was entering God Mode on a computer game sometimes. Most of his good play came from the right back position and it got me thinking - especially in conjunction with his display in the same position earlier this season - could he be a viable option to cover Glen at right back in the future? Sterling has lightning pace and a good trick or two under his belt, but his end product has been lacking so far. Even considering his impressive goalscoring record in the reserves, one can't help but feel it didn't reflect his level of ability.

Maybe giving him a few games in that position might give him more freedom, more areas to run into with that devastating pace and vision of his? I don't think the defensive duties of the side would be lax; his harrying, perseverance and strength are strong attributes.

I dunno. It's just a thought. He's going to develop into at least a good player anyway, in my view. But perhaps it could be an option worth considering?
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2013, 01:43:07 am »
Seen him loads of times buying Shopping in The Smithdown Road Asda, Knocking round with little Rats, needs to swerve them.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2013, 02:07:07 am »
That's our Raheem!

Offline nightporter

• Nothing personal, but good riddance.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2013, 02:09:36 am »
Seen him loads of times buying Shopping in The Smithdown Road Asda, Knocking round with little Rats, needs to swerve them.

I would go as far as to say it was potentially a career threatening situation. He needs a slap.
'Vagiclean, huh? What's the matter, honey? Little extra cheese on the taco?'

'Price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. I repeat: price check on Vagiclean, aisle five. That's Vagiclean. We've got a customer down here with a full-on fallopian fungus. She's baking a loaf of bread and I think it's sourdough.'

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2013, 02:12:49 am »

Ugh. Don't like that response. Someone at the club needs to have a #Word, help him grow up and realise his part in these off-field dramas and how to avoid derailing his promising career. The warning signs are strong with this one.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:15:30 am by GreatEx »

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2013, 02:14:49 am »
What a player he could turn out to be, eh? Saw him for the U21s the other night and in that second half he was unplayable, it was like he was entering God Mode on a computer game sometimes. Most of his good play came from the right back position and it got me thinking - especially in conjunction with his display in the same position earlier this season - could he be a viable option to cover Glen at right back in the future? Sterling has lightning pace and a good trick or two under his belt, but his end product has been lacking so far. Even considering his impressive goalscoring record in the reserves, one can't help but feel it didn't reflect his level of ability.

Maybe giving him a few games in that position might give him more freedom, more areas to run into with that devastating pace and vision of his? I don't think the defensive duties of the side would be lax; his harrying, perseverance and strength are strong attributes.

I dunno. It's just a thought. He's going to develop into at least a good player anyway, in my view. But perhaps it could be an option worth considering?

Not in a back four, no way. If we go three at the back with Raheem and Jose as wing-backs, maybe. But he would just get bullied to kingdom come at right back. Would need constant babysitting.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2013, 02:16:45 am »

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2013, 02:48:07 am »
Not in a back four, no way. If we go three at the back with Raheem and Jose as wing-backs, maybe. But he would just get bullied to kingdom come at right back. Would need constant babysitting.

I wasn't suggesting we play him there against the top teams, as I said he might be worth a punt as back-up sometimes. I really don't think he'd do a bad job there. Not sure why you're so vehemently opposed to it, but I can see what you mean about a wing-back position instead. I'd love to see us play a 3-5-2 and he could certainly do a good job rushing up and down that right flank.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Dingle Red

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in the red and white kop
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2013, 02:55:04 am »
I would go as far as to say it was potentially a career threatening situation. He needs a slap.
I know it's not career threatening but it's done him no fucking favours.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2013, 03:00:09 am »
Glad that's done with. He's gotta learn to be careful about who he associates with.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2013, 09:45:25 am »
Glad that's over, must have been a weight on his mind, hope he can concentrate on his game now

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2013, 09:58:44 am »

Sorry superfan, forgive me for not thinking he's been a total role model and his attitude on the pitch has been amazing. He needs to grow up. I know he's young, but a young lad playing for us earning £25k+ p/w has a responsibility to act in a way that respects the club. Both on and off the pitch it seems he's not been doing it.

Believe it or not, I really like him. I think he has the ability to become a superstar for us but like all youngsters it can one of two ways. Its up to him. Its how dedicated he is. Its how much he wants it. If he wants to hang around with scruffs that will ruin his career, he will have nobody to blame but himself. Someone needs to remind him how lucky he is and hopefully he can focus on improving his game instead of believing his own hype and thinking he's already made it.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2013, 10:07:20 am »
Right then... He should be in the perfect frame of mind to start in place of Coutinho..  :lickin

If he starts today... he will score..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 10:08:32 am »
Beating court raps like they're Southend U-18 full backs.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 10:10:29 am »
Right then... He should be in the perfect frame of mind to start in place of Coutinho..  :lickin

If he starts today... he will score..

:o

He was in court yesterday accused of assaulting his ex girlfriend. That's not great preparation for a game the next day.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.