Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 824528 times)

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #4440 on: July 31, 2014, 03:20:52 am »
Not only is Wynalda bad but Warren Barton must have a deep seated hatred for LFC is all I can figure.  I don't think he had a single good thing to say but for ManC and how they have world class talent every where and were dominating.  It was so over the top I just ended up having to mute the game.  Thankfully he just does studio for the CL and we never have to hear him again in a real game sans this last one this weekend.

Edit: And after watching that 2nd half I think Warren Barton just wants some ManC manhood in his anus.

Yea, I don't think I've heard him on too many games before as a color commentator. I tried to hit the SAP button to switch over to spanish at one point to no avail and I don't even speak it. It was downright bizarre how critical he was being of only our players and even tactics. They are absolutely incredible at finding annoying talent at Fox.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #4441 on: August 3, 2014, 02:30:17 pm »
Monday August 4th

Liverpool v Man Utd

Fox Sports 1

7:30 pm Eastern for pregame

8:00 pm Eastern kickoff
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4442 on: August 3, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »
Ugh, Barton and Wynalda again.....

Offline tony new mexico

• Kopite
« Reply #4443 on: August 3, 2014, 09:29:51 pm »
Not only is Wynalda bad but Warren Barton must have a deep seated hatred for LFC is all I can figure.  I don't think he had a single good thing to say but for ManC and how they have world class talent every where and were dominating.  It was so over the top I just ended up having to mute the game.  Thankfully he just does studio for the CL and we never have to hear him again in a real game sans this last one this weekend.

Edit: And after watching that 2nd half I think Warren Barton just wants some ManC manhood in his anus.

I actually Left a message with Keith Costigan to tell Barton to shut the fuck up basically. As a one sided biased commentary you were likely to hear. I wouldn't mind though, he was shite as a player and he makes out he played with the best in the best competitions. 

Oh and next Sunday, live on NBC v Dortmund.
'Transalpino 1978

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4444 on: August 3, 2014, 11:19:07 pm »

I usually mute the games when those clowns are on, and I turn the half time and full time comments off. I don't know if they are biased, but they are strongly opinionated and full of shit, which is a volatile combination.

By the way, if the game is on Univision or any Spanish channels, switch to them. I do, and even though my Spanish knowledge boils down to a few words, I do understand their game analysis a bit.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4445 on: August 5, 2014, 12:48:53 pm »
Last preseason match

Sunday Aug. 10th
Liverpool v Dortmund
7:00 AM Eastern
NBCSN

Offline WraithXx

• LinguistiCc PedanTt. Ass Man fan. IN PONTO PERDITUS
  • Legacy Fan
  • veritas aequitas
« Reply #4446 on: August 9, 2014, 11:23:25 pm »
thinking about looking into getting a Roku... at this point, I know absolutely nothing about it.

would I be able to record the Liverpool matches, and in HD, with this thing?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­
LIVERPOOL F.C
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­

Offline Drippy Dick

• probably due to the tumble tossing
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4447 on: August 10, 2014, 02:05:51 pm »
Is the community shield on TV?
I live my life for the stars that shine

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4448 on: August 10, 2014, 03:30:10 pm »
Is the community shield on TV?
Fox Sports 1

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4449 on: August 11, 2014, 12:37:54 pm »
Full NBCUniversal schedule for the first three months of the Premier League season

(NOTE: TBD indicates that there will be one match in that time slot on NBCSN, in some cases one match on mun2, and remaining non-NBCSN games on Premier League Extra Time. Final channel assignments for those matches will be made in the coming weeks.)

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...-15-tv-schedule-for-nbc-sports-group/related/

I've pulled out our matches off the list.. ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN.

Sun., Aug. 17    8:30 a.m.  LiverpoolSouthampton  NBCSN

Mon., Aug 25   3 p.m.  Man CityLiverpool  NBCSN, mun2

Sun., Aug 31   8:30 a.m.  TottenhamLiverpool  NBCSN, mun2

Sat., Sept. 13   12:30 p.m.  LiverpoolAston Villa  NBC, mun2

Sat., Sept. 20   12:30 p.m.  West HamLiverpool  NBC, mun2

Sat., Sept. 27   7:45 a.m.  LiverpoolEverton  NBCSN, mun2

Sat., Oct. 4   10 a.m.  LiverpoolWest Brom  TBD, mun2

Sun., Oct. 19   8:30 a.m.  Queens Park RangersLiverpool  NBCSN, mun2

Sat., Oct. 25   10 a.m.  LiverpoolHull City  TBD

Sat., Nov. 1   8:45 a.m.  NewcastleLiverpool  NBCSN, mun2

Sat., Nov. 8   7:45 a.m.  LiverpoolChelsea  NBCSN, mun2

Sun., Nov 23   8:30 a.m.  Crystal PalaceLiverpool  CNBC

Sat., Nov. 29   10 a.m.  LiverpoolStoke City  TBD

Season to start....

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #4450 on: August 11, 2014, 04:18:54 pm »
Anybody used the fox soccer to go service? I'm going to need to sign up for it if I want to watch champions league this year, won't be home during the day. Currently on offer for $120
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4451 on: August 11, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »
Anybody used the fox soccer to go service? I'm going to need to sign up for it if I want to watch champions league this year, won't be home during the day. Currently on offer for $120
Back when they had the league rights it was pretty damn average, far worse than what NBC offers for free now. Not sure if it has improved in the years since.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4452 on: August 11, 2014, 04:50:37 pm »
You probably won't need Fox Soccer To Go if you want to watch us in the CL legally. Fox Sports Go is available with most cable providers, and lets you stream FS1 and FS2, which would most likely have our matches.

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

Offline ButterflyEffect

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4453 on: August 15, 2014, 10:08:23 am »
Sorry if this is the wrong thread, long time lurker first time poster :).

Going out to California today and was wondering if anyone knows any sports bars in Santa Barbara which will be showing the game on Saturday? I know it'll be 5:30 Am so that could be an issue but if anyone has any idea I and my Dad would both be very grateful!

Cheers lads.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4454 on: August 15, 2014, 12:55:36 pm »

Going out to California today and was wondering if anyone knows any sports bars in Santa Barbara which will be showing the game on Saturday? I know it'll be 5:30 Am so that could be an issue but if anyone has any idea I and my Dad would both be very grateful!

Cheers lads.

Los Angeles. Orange County. San Diego. And beyond. Our Branch headquarters is Joxer Daly's in Los Angeles. Visit californialfc.com for more information.

They also use Lucky Baldwins as a pub.

If you don't want to travel very far try this one, not an LFC specific meeting place but should have the match on. Call to confirm:
The Press Room
15 East Ortega Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone: (805) 963-8121
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 12:59:44 pm by 4pool »

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #4455 on: August 15, 2014, 03:12:17 pm »

Cheers lads.

Also - our match this weekend was moved to Sunday am

Offline BrooklynRed05

• Main Stander
« Reply #4456 on: August 15, 2014, 03:38:09 pm »
NBCSN is launching a new program this season entitled "Premier League Download." Sunday morning's episode features an exclusive one-on-one interview with Rebecca Lowe and Steven Gerrard, airing at 7 AM EST. An excellent way to prepare prior to kickoff at Anfield.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 03:40:56 pm by BrooklynRed05 »
"It all comes down to how much motherfucking food you can put on the table"---Ice Cube

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4457 on: August 15, 2014, 03:52:28 pm »
Commentators for the weekends games are out. Of course we get Arlo White -_-

Saturday, August 16

7:45 a.m., NBCSN and mun2: Manchester United vs. Swansea City (Peter Drury and Jim Beglin; mun2 announcers TBA)
10:00 a.m., NBCSN: Leicester City vs. Everton, (Daniel Mann and Trevor Francis)
10:00 a.m., Extra Time: West Ham United vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Gary Weaver and Tony Gale), Stoke City vs. Aston Villa (Joe Speight and Garry Birtles), Queens Park Rangers vs. Hull City (Tony Jones and Don Goodman); West Bromwich Albion vs. Sunderland (Gary Taphouse and Dean Sturridge)
12:30 p.m., NBC and mun2: Arsenal vs. Crystal Palace (Arlo White and Lee Dixon; mun2 announcers TBA)
2:30 p.m., NBCSN: Real Salt Lake vs. Seattle Sounders (John Strong, Brian Dunseth and Russ Thaler)

Sunday, August 17

8:30 a.m., NBCSN: Liverpool vs. Southampton (Arlo White and Graeme Le Saux)
11:00 a.m., NBCSN and Telemundo: Newcastle United vs. Manchester City (Jon Champion and David Pleat; Andrés Cantor, Sammy Sadovnik and Manuel Sol)

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/NBC-Sports-2014-Premier-League-TV-schedule-for-August-through-November.html#1Fv0E2IGi4g7xu0k.99

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4458 on: August 15, 2014, 05:28:14 pm »
NBCSN is launching a new program this season entitled "Premier League Download." Sunday morning's episode features an exclusive one-on-one interview with Rebecca Lowe and Steven Gerrard, airing at 7 AM EST. An excellent way to prepare prior to kickoff at Anfield.

Thanks for the heads up.

The Gerrard interview is followed by Premier League live for one hour before our match.

The Gerrard interview is also repeated at 10PM Eastern on NBCSN.

Offline BrooklynRed05

• Main Stander
« Reply #4459 on: August 15, 2014, 06:06:27 pm »
Thanks for the heads up.

The Gerrard interview is followed by Premier League live for one hour before our match.

The Gerrard interview is also repeated at 10PM Eastern on NBCSN.

My friend is an editor with NBCSN and sent me the video to watch already. It is excellent. A 22 minute one-on-one interview with the LFC captain!
"It all comes down to how much motherfucking food you can put on the table"---Ice Cube

Offline neilcart

• Kemlynite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #4460 on: August 16, 2014, 12:30:44 am »
Daughter is in the states atm - anywhere to watch the game in Orlando Florida? If not what's a decent stream she can access - cheers.

Offline bigjinks

• Main Stander
  • Just a Red trying to make his way in the world.
« Reply #4461 on: August 16, 2014, 01:06:22 am »
Groups meeting at the Victoria Freehouse and Jose Pistolas in downtown Philly on Sunday morning. Trying to get this to be a continual thing.
JFT96

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4462 on: August 16, 2014, 02:11:19 am »
Daughter is in the states atm - anywhere to watch the game in Orlando Florida? If not what's a decent stream she can access - cheers.
Loads of places in Orlando. Any Irish bar.

International drive has a number of watching spots.

Disney has a sports bar as well.

if she's in a hotel, have her check to see what channel NBC Sports Network is...we'll be on there. Kickoff 8:30 am Sunday morn.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:14:27 am by 4pool »

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #4463 on: August 16, 2014, 12:01:42 pm »
Loads of places in Orlando. Any Irish bar.

International drive has a number of watching spots.

Disney has a sports bar as well.

if she's in a hotel, have her check to see what channel NBC Sports Network is...we'll be on there. Kickoff 8:30 am Sunday morn.

Possible bars won't be open at 8:30 AM in Central Florida, a genuine concern.

If she's at a hotel, asking the front desk for local viewing options is a good idea; if there is a bar open to permit the match to be watched, and there may well be, they will know...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4464 on: August 16, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »
Others that i've helped in Orlando haven't had a problem finding the match, the bars are open for them..

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4465 on: August 18, 2014, 03:46:16 pm »
Suarez is supposed to play in Barca's friendly today v Leon from Mexico, last seasons Champion.

In case anyone is interested in watching.

In the USA it's on Fox Sports 1... 2:45pm eastern.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4466 on: August 18, 2014, 03:51:24 pm »
In the USA it's on Fox Sports 1... 2:45pm eastern.

Fox Sports 1 says "The Mike Francesa Show" ?

Edit: It's on BEIN sports.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4467 on: August 18, 2014, 03:53:24 pm »
Fox Sports 1 says "The Mike Francesa Show" ?

Edit: It's on BEIN sports.

Your right.. BEIN sports.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4468 on: August 18, 2014, 04:12:44 pm »
For those who may order from the club shop I want to make you aware of something.

I ordered 3 of the new kit shirts. The order came to over $200 USD.

Because of that, DHL has sent me an invoice to pay the import duties. The tax rate is.... 23.5%.  :o

I have taken this up with the club, although they won't pay regardless. Will update later when I get an answer from the club as my reply was more complicated than a customer service rep would be responsible for. I've asked for this to go to the appropriate department.

In the mean time...be aware of the $200 limit. Under $200 you're fine.

Offline ocecynwa

• Kopite
« Reply #4469 on: August 18, 2014, 04:36:39 pm »
You probably won't need Fox Soccer To Go if you want to watch us in the CL legally. Fox Sports Go is available with most cable providers, and lets you stream FS1 and FS2, which would most likely have our matches.

http://www.foxsports.com/foxsportsgo/

I have Directv, which of course, doesn't subscribe to that service  :butt. I do have a mate who has uverse though
Remember when we used to sing "we've got the best midfield in the world'? Not so much anymore.

Offline ButterflyEffect

• Boys Pen
« Reply #4470 on: August 18, 2014, 06:43:56 pm »
Cheers lads, managed to watch us!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4471 on: August 18, 2014, 08:17:11 pm »
very cool - NBC Streaming has a tactical cam that you can view to get the birds eye view of the game - almost like a video game.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4472 on: August 19, 2014, 06:02:51 pm »
First tv ratings numbers are in:

Leicester-Everton (477K viewers), Liverpool-Southampton (445K), ManU-Swansea (417K), Newcastle-Man City (514k)

Wonder what Arsenal-Palace got since that was on NBC. Healthy numbers and good to see, though.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4473 on: August 19, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »
First tv ratings numbers are in:

Leicester-Everton (477K viewers), Liverpool-Southampton (445K), ManU-Swansea (417K), Newcastle-Man City (514k)

Wonder what Arsenal-Palace got since that was on NBC. Healthy numbers and good to see, though.

surprised that Liverpool was less viewed than the Everton game - though I would surmise the start time had something to do with it (mountain and west coasters)

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4474 on: August 19, 2014, 06:11:42 pm »
surprised that Liverpool was less viewed than the Everton game - though I would surmise the start time had something to do with it (mountain and west coasters)
Yeah, absolutely. Same reason Newcastle-City had the most viewers of any of these matches.

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4475 on: August 19, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »
Yep, only reason.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #4476 on: August 19, 2014, 06:13:23 pm »

Considering West Coast had to get up at 5:30 in the morning to watch the match on a Sunday not surprising at all. I mean even with that we almost did the same numbers as Everton ;)

Offline CarraG238

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #4477 on: August 19, 2014, 06:16:23 pm »
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but it looks like ESPN has Champions League rights again for the group stage: http://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/espn-sublicenses-champions-league-rights-fox
“It was the first game of the qualifying for us and well we can take a lot from it ,like I was talking to one of the guys from TNS about my internet connection at home and he said the reason I sometimes can't get on is because I am running the wrong browser with Windows 95 and he suggested I update to Windows XP” - 23 Carra Gold

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #4478 on: August 19, 2014, 07:12:40 pm »
Not sure if anyone else saw this, but it looks like ESPN has Champions League rights again for the group stage: http://www.sportbusiness.com/sport-news/espn-sublicenses-champions-league-rights-fox

If i'm reading that correctly it looks like the english language broadcasts will only be on ESPN3.

I'm guessing these are the less than marque matches.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4479 on: August 19, 2014, 07:54:08 pm »
@richarddeitsch: NBC said Arsenal v. Crystal Palace averaged 885,000 viewers, most-watched opening weekend EPL match in U.S. history.

Impressive. World Cup fever I guess?