Author Topic: Anfield Pitch  (Read 87216 times)

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
Re: Anfield Pitch
« Reply #80 on: March 5, 2015, 02:15:41 pm »
hopefully should get better now the winter weather is subsiding. who knows, maybe its brendans master plan to get the pitch all cut up and use the skill of the players to control the ball and whack from distance ;)
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #81 on: March 5, 2015, 02:21:39 pm »
I noticed in the match last night for the corners on the Kop end they didn't show the ball being placed or any bit of it. Is that because the pitch is so bad there?

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #82 on: March 5, 2015, 02:28:42 pm »
What happened too the dutch growliight thing they bought too keep the pitch tip top.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #83 on: March 5, 2015, 02:31:29 pm »
What happened too the dutch growliight thing they bought too keep the pitch tip top.

Got confiscated in a cannabis farm drugs bust on Breck Road.

Offline Chindits

• It's important to me
  • Legacy Fan
  • L4 Scal-Qaeda Cyber Terrorist Cell
    • ccTwitter
« Reply #84 on: March 5, 2015, 02:35:15 pm »
Blueshite always on the rob or did JWH lend it to wenger for the sativa he was smokin last year?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #85 on: March 5, 2015, 02:54:51 pm »

Still use them. The pitch is just fairly old now and apparently also has fairly old irrigation (and whatever other systems are around these days to keep pitches looking perfect) so it all needs replacing.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: March 5, 2015, 02:56:05 pm »
Well we know what the Assaidi money is going to be used for.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: March 5, 2015, 02:56:31 pm »
Still use them. The pitch is just fairly old now and apparently also has fairly old irrigation (and whatever other systems are around these days to keep pitches looking perfect) so it all needs replacing.

Which is happening at the end of this season, which is possibly why not a lot of maintenance has gone into it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #88 on: March 5, 2015, 02:57:47 pm »
Which is happening at the end of this season, which is possibly why not a lot of maintenance has gone into it.

Yep I'd assume so.

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #89 on: March 5, 2015, 03:27:20 pm »
In a strange sort of way I think the pitch is helping us a little with way we are pressing teams at the minute, I thought City really struggled to get the ball down under control for any period of time and on more than few occasions the ball was coming off shins, knees etc...Hopefully starts to get better but we seem to coping at the minute with it.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #90 on: March 5, 2015, 03:31:14 pm »
Well we know what the Assaidi money is going to be used for.
this?

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #91 on: March 5, 2015, 04:11:54 pm »
It's being embarrassing.  They even mentioned how poor it was on the ESPN broadcast this weekend.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #92 on: March 6, 2015, 11:33:57 am »
3 matches in one week on it wont help either

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Justin Siderbox

• Ben L. T. Given.
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #93 on: March 6, 2015, 11:46:50 am »
3 matches in one week on it wont help either

...so let's play a Charity game on it before the end of the season and make it even more threadbare.   :o   Inspired idea that.
"It's our job that they can forget their problems for 90 minutes and then they can talk about the game, about the next game and that's how I want to live"

Jurgen Klopp
9th October 2015

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #94 on: March 6, 2015, 11:48:06 am »
...so let's play a Charity game on it before the end of the season and make it even more threadbare.   :o   Inspired idea that.

Given the state it is in, and given the fact we're now going to be playing less frequent games on it - I think it could probably handle the 1 extra game without making it any worse.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #95 on: March 6, 2015, 12:44:45 pm »

should move that to the pitz ;)
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #96 on: March 6, 2015, 07:30:26 pm »
should move that to the pitz ;)

fuck that ,have to take a strap when you play at the pitz
Insert obscure quote here

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 6, 2015, 07:38:46 pm »
Are we moving to the hybrid pitch with the artificial grass woven in with the natural grass that supposedly makes it much more durable yet still retain the same qualities like Emirates has?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: March 7, 2015, 08:46:25 am »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: March 7, 2015, 09:44:52 am »
Surely the cranes or any other work will damage the existing pitch and infrastructure as much as it would a new pitch?

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #100 on: March 7, 2015, 10:01:39 am »
New pitch might have to wait until summer 2016

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-liverpool-fcs-hopes-8792133

There's no way the club didn't know about this, or didn't cover for it should I say. They probably have a plan to do the drainage work after the cranes have left. Even if the cranes stay for all of June they can do the drainage and new pitch through July. They'll just need more hands on board to get the job done quicker.

Worse comes to worse we could relay the pitch and not do upgrade to the drainage, which can come at a later date. Bigger cost, but I can't see us not doing something about it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #101 on: March 7, 2015, 10:08:43 am »
There's no way the club didn't know about this, or didn't cover for it should I say. They probably have a plan to do the drainage work after the cranes have left. Even if the cranes stay for all of June they can do the drainage and new pitch through July. They'll just need more hands on board to get the job done quicker.

Worse comes to worse we could relay the pitch and not do upgrade to the drainage, which can come at a later date. Bigger cost, but I can't see us not doing something about it.
I would suggest there isn't a plan to replace the pitch.  This is why Rodgers is complaining so public ally to try and force the club's hand.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 7, 2015, 10:10:33 am »
Well Brendan is fairly certain we're getting a new pitch. I'm sure all the issues with cranes have been discussed.

I don't think anyone is blaming the ground staff for the state of the pitch, it's down to incompetence and penny-pinching from the people running the club.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: March 7, 2015, 10:12:01 am »
I would suggest there isn't a plan to replace the pitch.  This is why Rodgers is complaining so public ally to try and force the club's hand.

Let's not try and read more into this than possibly there, we've no idea if this is the reason. If I was so inclined I could also say he is doing it to take some pressure off his team by pointing out they're having to play on a shite pitch when at home.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #104 on: March 7, 2015, 10:12:17 am »
Well Brendan is fairly certain we're getting a new pitch. I'm sure all the issues with cranes have been discussed.

I don't think anyone is blaming the ground staff for the state of the pitch, it's down to incompetence and penny-pinching from the people running the club.
Where has he said this?

I haven't seen it so it will be interesting to see what he said
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 7, 2015, 10:14:27 am »

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/176885-new-pitch-plans-for-anfield-and-melwood

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #106 on: March 7, 2015, 10:14:53 am »
New pitch might have to wait until summer 2016

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/blood-red-liverpool-fcs-hopes-8792133
The lack of investment highlighted in that article is a disgrace.  The pitch is everything.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 7, 2015, 10:21:06 am »
Let's not try and read more into this than possibly there, we've no idea if this is the reason. If I was so inclined I could also say he is doing it to take some pressure off his team by pointing out they're having to play on a shite pitch when at home.

Well he gave these quotes and reasons. I tend to believe him.

"It's just an old pitch that hasn't been upgraded. In terms of how we work and play, it can be a real disadvantage for us. I said that after the game against Arsenal, that the quality of the football and the level the players played at really showed their technique.

"It's sometimes difficult to play one-touch football on it because you're always unsure of the bounce and bobble.

"It's something that, as a club, we'll do the very best we can with, right through until the end of the season. The guys work tirelessly on it and do a great job of making it the best they possibly can."

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #108 on: March 7, 2015, 10:30:03 am »
We sow the seed, nature grows the seed.

This is how it works.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #109 on: March 7, 2015, 10:45:10 am »
Isn't there a specified time for the grass to "fix" correctly? Otherwise it tears up....maybe that's a problem with the time too

Offline iVapor

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 7, 2015, 10:49:25 am »
Absolute disgrace if it doesn't get sorted this summer.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #111 on: March 7, 2015, 01:36:42 pm »
Could be worse….it could be like Bradford's - that is shocking

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 7, 2015, 01:45:28 pm »
Oh fuck off that pitch is a disgrace for a premier league club.

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #113 on: March 8, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »
Absolute disgrace right now.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 8, 2015, 05:21:39 pm »
awful pitch...not suited for our passing game
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: March 8, 2015, 05:33:20 pm »
Absolute bog.

Offline Pradan

• Makes RAWK a grim place. Sarcastic besserwisser. Would certainly pick a fight with himself in an empty room.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 8, 2015, 05:35:28 pm »
It's getting real bad now. Bobbling like mad.

This could affect us in the coming months.

Offline Notfromaroundhere

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: March 8, 2015, 06:04:03 pm »
Very difficult to play a high tempo game on that sort of pitch. Same for both teams, of course, but there's no doubt our game is suffering from it. Give these lads a proper surface, and we'll see some very good football next season.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #118 on: March 8, 2015, 06:07:52 pm »
What has happened?

Anfield and Highbury were always among the best pitches in Europe. Obviously Highbury was levelled but what's the reason for Anfield's demise?

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #119 on: March 8, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »
Looked absolute bogshit today....Blackburn would be accustomed to be playing on much better pitches in the Championship