Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514205 times)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1040 on: April 8, 2015, 01:43:51 am »
This new main stand is going to be a whopper  :)
Can't wait! Liverpool looks beautiful too.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1041 on: April 8, 2015, 09:11:22 am »
that is a monster
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1042 on: April 8, 2015, 10:12:06 am »
is that the Shankly Gates at the entrance to the centenary car park on that pic?
facing the exit as you walk out of the park.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2015, 10:13:40 am by corbyRed »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1043 on: April 8, 2015, 10:14:58 am »
is that the Shankly Gates at the entrance to the centenary car park on that pic?

Hard to say from that pic as there are two gates at that end anyway in those locations.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1044 on: April 8, 2015, 11:51:45 am »

I don't think the Shankly gates would go there.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: April 8, 2015, 11:53:21 am »
Be full of them too.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline corbyRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1046 on: April 8, 2015, 12:45:14 pm »
I don't think the Shankly gates would go there.
it will be the only side of the ground that is fenced in when work is complete so is a logical location. I'm sure I read that the fencing and gates at the back at the kop would come down eventually to open the area up properly

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: April 8, 2015, 01:06:22 pm »
it will be the only side of the ground that is fenced in when work is complete so is a logical location. I'm sure I read that the fencing and gates at the back at the kop would come down eventually to open the area up properly

You're right - The Bob Paisley and the Shankly gates will be located there.

Download drawing 102 here:

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=898733
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #1048 on: April 8, 2015, 06:08:28 pm »
in that picture it looks like AR is closed after phase one is finished, is that right or is it open again on non match days.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
« Reply #1049 on: April 9, 2015, 03:46:38 am »
It wouldn't work. The a Centenary was developed on the same principles of the new Main Stand but the old Kemlyn and the current Main stand are completely different. You'd have to demolish the whole of the Centenary (Kemlyn) to re-build the lower tier (old Kemlyn Road) but then the new lower tier would have to match the existing Main Stand (12,000+ capacity) which you can't do because it would be covered by new guidance and regulations so would be much larger for the same capacity.

And the houses behind are occupied so it's no on all accounts.

i know all that and aware of the houses all am just asking to photoshop an same main stand over the centenary stand of how it would have look as u never know it could happen in 20 30 year time would build same stand who know....
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1050 on: April 9, 2015, 11:25:40 am »
i know all that and aware of the houses all am just asking to photoshop an same main stand over the centenary stand of how it would have look as u never know it could happen in 20 30 year time would build same stand who know....

It's not just the houses mate. The lower tier would need knocking down and rebuilding too so that it had the same design as the current Main Stand. Building that isn't possible due to regulations and the chances that those regulations will be relaxed to that extent in our lifetime are practically zero
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: April 9, 2015, 12:12:06 pm »
It's not just the houses mate. The lower tier would need knocking down and rebuilding too so that it had the same design as the current Main Stand. Building that isn't possible due to regulations and the chances that those regulations will be relaxed to that extent in our lifetime are practically zero

Exactly. The Centenary's lower tier is the old Kemlyn Road stand (6,800) and the Upper Centenary (4,950) was built behind to more modern regs and guidance. As a result the capacity of the whole Centenary is 'only' 11,762 despite being much larger physically than the existing Main Stand which has a capacity of 12,277.

You could build a brand new stand with the same scale as the refurbished Main Stand but with an all new build the capacity would not be any where near the capacity of the completed Main Stand. Maybe an extra 3-4,000 for a huge investment.

You could keep the Centenary and maybe add a small additional tier for a couple of thousand extra but it would need a new roof structure and the angles and sight lines would be shite.

In other words - PhotoShop as much as you like but it's a pointless exercise. Any capacity over the current two phases would be more likely to come from corner infills but that would mean a whole new roof structure.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1052 on: April 9, 2015, 02:16:12 pm »

Love this picture. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1053 on: April 9, 2015, 03:12:50 pm »
They aren't, the land is being cleared for housing. I've seen it from the ground as I've walked past but from higher up it's amazing just how much has been knocked down.

A lot of those to the left of the corner between the Kop and Centenary are boarded up too so not occupied in the most part.

We'd be mad not to be floating the possibility at the council don't you think Craig? The land to do the Kop is pretty much there for the taking.

I've been thinking about the issue of not being able to charge as much for Kop tickets, in the same way you can charge the earth for corporates in the Main stand. Thinking about it I'm not sure it's true. With a redeveloped Kop I'd have thought you could have amazing facilities in there, with the added kudos of having a Kop ticket. Now the last thing I want is a Kop full of corporates or day trippers, but I think you could still have it full of young noisy locals on cheap tickets and still milk the history and the glory of it. You could build it in to tours as well the way they do at the Nou camp and get extra revenue that way.

I have no proof whatsoever, but thinking about it FSG must be on to this already. They're not daft and they've really made Fenway Park work. There's the issue of the transport and the WBR but neither of these are insurmountable.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1054 on: April 9, 2015, 03:15:57 pm »
I've no doubt they'd of looked at it for sure, it would no doubt of made up a fairly large chunk of any feasibility study to determine if to stay at Anfield or build a new stadium.

If it was simple, or worth the amount of hassle they determined it would take, then I think we'd be seeing it happening. The fact it isn't probably hints that there is a lot more too it than the land being available and just rerouting part of the road.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1055 on: April 9, 2015, 03:27:02 pm »
I've no doubt they'd of looked at it for sure, it would no doubt of made up a fairly large chunk of any feasibility study to determine if to stay at Anfield or build a new stadium.

If it was simple, or worth the amount of hassle they determined it would take, then I think we'd be seeing it happening. The fact it isn't probably hints that there is a lot more too it than the land being available and just rerouting part of the road.

Agreed. Could be loads of things. A wait and see in terms of demand, like they've already said with the ARE. Maybe that puts it too far into the future due to an exit strategy.

The ideal would be to keep that land available somehow. Presumably that in itself wouldn't be hugely difficult.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: April 9, 2015, 04:09:37 pm »
With a redeveloped Kop I'd have thought you could have amazing facilities in there, with the added kudos of having a Kop ticket. Now the last thing I want is a Kop full of corporates or day trippers, but I think you could still have it full of young noisy locals on cheap tickets and still milk the history and the glory of it. You could build it in to tours as well the way they do at the Nou camp and get extra revenue that way...

Just no. The Kop should never be sold as an experience. It should be the most basic stand with the cheapest tickets. Add some toilets and improve the bars if necessary but redevelop it and you'd have to up the ticket prices. I think FSG would have looked at it and realised it's the wrong thing to do. They clearly understand that the premium seats should be at the sides as Phase 2 (Annie Road) is all general admission with no 'amazing facilities' just good facilities appropriate to the type of ticket. All the new 'amazing facilities' are in the new Main Stand.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Farman

• Heading off for a fruit based orgy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: April 9, 2015, 06:14:02 pm »
^Just on this...When I visited Old Trafford last season I was shocked to see a cordoned-off area of maybe 2-3000 seats slap bang in the middle of the Stretford End, for what looked like upholstered corporate seats. I couldn't believe I'd never known that, or that any objecting United fans' voices were not loud enough to reach my ears. It goes without saying that I don't like that lot, but it made me a little sick to think that any remaining 'soul' had surely been ripped out of the Stretford End...I don't know this because I haven't looked it up, but I imagine them selling tickets as the 'Stretford End Experience', which of course is anything but. To go with their rather clever marketing of the crappiest part of the ground - corners - as 'quadrant seats'.

Come to think of it, you don't really hear commentators talking about the 'Stretford End' or 'Shed End' anywhere near as much as the Kop these days, do you? They are completely different things to what they once were. Whilst the Kop is a watered down version of what it once was, it is still identifiable as the Kop. I would hate to think that anything would be voluntarily done to it to lose any more of its essence.
The eternal silence of these infinite spaces frightens me

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1058 on: April 9, 2015, 08:13:46 pm »
Just no. The Kop should never be sold as an experience. It should be the most basic stand with the cheapest tickets. Add some toilets and improve the bars if necessary but redevelop it and you'd have to up the ticket prices. I think FSG would have looked at it and realised it's the wrong thing to do. They clearly understand that the premium seats should be at the sides as Phase 2 (Annie Road) is all general admission with no 'amazing facilities' just good facilities appropriate to the type of ticket. All the new 'amazing facilities' are in the new Main Stand.
^Just on this...When I visited Old Trafford last season I was shocked to see a cordoned-off area of maybe 2-3000 seats slap bang in the middle of the Stretford End, for what looked like upholstered corporate seats. I couldn't believe I'd never known that, or that any objecting United fans' voices were not loud enough to reach my ears. It goes without saying that I don't like that lot, but it made me a little sick to think that any remaining 'soul' had surely been ripped out of the Stretford End...I don't know this because I haven't looked it up, but I imagine them selling tickets as the 'Stretford End Experience', which of course is anything but. To go with their rather clever marketing of the crappiest part of the ground - corners - as 'quadrant seats'.

Come to think of it, you don't really hear commentators talking about the 'Stretford End' or 'Shed End' anywhere near as much as the Kop these days, do you? They are completely different things to what they once were. Whilst the Kop is a watered down version of what it once was, it is still identifiable as the Kop. I would hate to think that anything would be voluntarily done to it to lose any more of its essence.

I agree with you both to a large extent. But then how do we move forward from where we are? Part of where we find ourselves is through not developing the ground in the way Utd did in the 90's. We can probably learn from what they did (and Arsenal to an extent). We're going to be competing with City, Arsenal both with new grounds, Spurs are going to do one too. The old Kop, apart from special occasions is all but dead. How do we as a club look towards making it grander, bigger, more special than it is now.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: April 9, 2015, 08:32:32 pm »
I agree with you both to a large extent. But then how do we move forward from where we are? Part of where we find ourselves is through not developing the ground in the way Utd did in the 90's. We can probably learn from what they did (and Arsenal to an extent). We're going to be competing with City, Arsenal both with new grounds, Spurs are going to do one too. The old Kop, apart from special occasions is all but dead. How do we as a club look towards making it grander, bigger, more special than it is now.

Arsenal's capacity is 60,000 with no scope for expansion. Spurs will be a bit smaller than Anfield with no scope for expansion, City similar. The only bigger ground is Old Trafford where the capacity was supported by more than twenty years of sustained success on the pitch. What's the evidence we'll need to go bigger?

And the atmosphere in the Kop will not be improved by adding more seats - it's probably not what it was because there are too many whoppers and day trippers. Another two thousand day trippers won't help. The Kop is big enough and would be loud enough if the right people were on it. If we can't get a decent sound out of 13,000 people on a single tier in one of the world's iconic stadium no amount of fucking around with it will make it any better.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1060 on: April 9, 2015, 10:58:06 pm »
Love this picture. :)

Enjoy looking at it on a bigger scale. Check the link below as some of you might find it beneficial when wanting to know where Shanks gates are going to be placed...

http://www.virtual-planit.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/anfield_dusk_2000.jpg
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1061 on: April 10, 2015, 12:19:30 am »
Close up image
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline Cork Red

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1062 on: April 10, 2015, 12:34:56 am »
In the unlikely event that we'll ever need a greater capacity than 59,000 (look up how few clubs have a capacity significantly greater than this, even the Italian clubs are abandoning their huge municipal stadiums in favour of smaller more profitable venues e.g. Juventus), then it is likely that we'd have to leave Anfield, not just the stadium but the area.  It is highly unlikely that any sane planner would give planning permission for a new 75,000 seater stadium in a residential area with poor public transport and parking facilities.

Old Trafford was built on an industrial state with good local transport links.  It benefited from the development of the Manchester tram network.  Plus the club was able to buy up cheap distressed industrial units to expand the stadium into and on which to build huge car parks.  They have also most likely reached their maximum capacity as the train line behind their main stand makes the cost of redeveloping it prohibitive in the same way that developing the Kop and the Centenery would be cost prohibitive.

If we can reach 59,000 we'll be doing well.  More fans will be able to see the game and we'll maximise the realistic revenue that can be achieved from matchday income.  We'll never be able to match ManU or the london clubs for matchday revenue; not without pricing out the kind of fan that made Anfield what it is in any case, which would defeat the purpose.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1063 on: April 10, 2015, 02:28:11 pm »
What's with the giant Liverbird in the corner there?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1064 on: April 10, 2015, 02:30:13 pm »
What's with the giant Liverbird in the corner there?

Presumably it's one of the options for decorating the edge of the stand where it comes in to meet the edge of the Kop.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1065 on: April 10, 2015, 08:48:11 pm »

If you make the Kop bigger and grander it will just become more diluted with trippers. Leave it alone.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: April 11, 2015, 12:29:19 am »
If you make the Kop bigger and grander it will just become more diluted with trippers. Leave it alone.

Nonsense.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: April 11, 2015, 06:23:42 am »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: April 11, 2015, 06:56:14 am »
Why is it nonsense?

Where is the basis for a larger Kop being the facilitator for more 'trippers'? And who determines that a'tripper' who's more than likely spend 2k on airfare, plus accommodation, plus merchandise for a once in a life-time experience to hold a scarf above their head and belt out every-tune until they are hoarse is a dilution?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: April 12, 2015, 01:07:38 am »
Where is the basis for a larger Kop being the facilitator for more 'trippers'? And who determines that a'tripper' who's more than likely spend 2k on airfare, plus accommodation, plus merchandise for a once in a life-time experience to hold a scarf above their head and belt out every-tune until they are hoarse is a dilution?

I think day tripper is a term more used to define the people who come to anfield for the "experience", who don't understand the culture and stand there with their half an half scarf recording half of the game. Not just a blanket term for OOTers.

If somebody has never been to anfield before and knows the words to belt out poor scouser Tommy and liverbird upon my chest then fair play to them.

Would be easy to fix though, sell kop tickets based on past loyalty or sales on the gate, and keep a block for local kids. All moot however as the odds of the kop ever getting expanded are incredibly slim
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1070 on: April 12, 2015, 02:03:43 pm »
Sorry if it's been asked a;ready but are there plans to include a video screen/s?
We were one of the last in the league to get video-advertising hoardings and I always think it's odd we don't get to see replays in the ground. (Love the retro/original scoreboard though)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: April 12, 2015, 02:20:50 pm »
Sorry if it's been asked a;ready but are there plans to include a video screen/s?
We were one of the last in the league to get video-advertising hoardings and I always think it's odd we don't get to see replays in the ground. (Love the retro/original scoreboard though)

I haven't seen one and I hope we don't.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: April 12, 2015, 04:47:55 pm »

There were plans for them a few years ago but nothing ever materialised. I'd rather not have them personally.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-bid-install-video-3347228

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #1073 on: April 12, 2015, 06:00:42 pm »
Arsenal's capacity is 60,000 with no scope for expansion. Spurs will be a bit smaller than Anfield with no scope for expansion, City similar. The only bigger ground is Old Trafford where the capacity was supported by more than twenty years of sustained success on the pitch. What's the evidence we'll need to go bigger?

And the atmosphere in the Kop will not be improved by adding more seats - it's probably not what it was because there are too many whoppers and day trippers. Another two thousand day trippers won't help. The Kop is big enough and would be loud enough if the right people were on it. If we can't get a decent sound out of 13,000 people on a single tier in one of the world's iconic stadium no amount of fucking around with it will make it any better.
To be fair Alan it's not really the day trippers that are the problem on the Kop though they are elsewhere in the ground, the problem on the Kop is many of the season ticket holders on there are getting older and less likely to build the atmosphere, they aren't arsed anymore.

On another note Have you heard when the final application is going in the the Annie Rd yet?
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: April 12, 2015, 06:49:38 pm »
On another note Have you heard when the final application is going in the the Annie Rd yet?

Question belongs in this thread.

From the current application.

It is anticipated that the enlarged Main Stand will open at the start of the 2016/17 season. There is currently no programme for the Anfield Road Stand expansion; that development will be subject to further feasibility and financial modelling. Once LFC is satisfied that there is a sound business case to proceed with that part of the development an application for reserved matters for phase 2 (external appearance and landscaping) will be submitted.

Therefore, unlikely in the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 06:51:50 pm by Swissgaz »
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: April 12, 2015, 07:08:44 pm »
Question belongs in this thread.

From the current application.

Therefore, unlikely in the foreseeable future.

That's fairly standard wording when you put in outline planning for a further phase in a planning application. You don't commit to build Phase 2 in the planning application for obvious reasons.

The Annie Road is pretty much designed (Stage C for a fairly straightforward construction) and has outline approval. Massing, capacity, road closures etc are all  in the application. That means it only needs details of the finishes, which the application says will be typically as the Main Stand. As long as there's demand for the Main Stand then Phase 2 will go ahead. You don't spend hundreds of thousands on fees and consultation if you're not intention of building it. The outstanding issue will be the use of the areas above the new concourses which are shown as possibly residential but that's not confirmed.

We had all this during planning for the Main Stand. Two years ago there were threads on here stating categorically that the development would never happen. Why not wait and see?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: April 12, 2015, 08:35:44 pm »
That's fairly standard wording when you put in outline planning for a further phase in a planning application. You don't commit to build Phase 2 in the planning application for obvious reasons.

The Annie Road is pretty much designed (Stage C for a fairly straightforward construction) and has outline approval. Massing, capacity, road closures etc are all  in the application. That means it only needs details of the finishes, which the application says will be typically as the Main Stand. As long as there's demand for the Main Stand then Phase 2 will go ahead. You don't spend hundreds of thousands on fees and consultation if you're not intention of building it. The outstanding issue will be the use of the areas above the new concourses which are shown as possibly residential but that's not confirmed.

We had all this during planning for the Main Stand. Two years ago there were threads on here stating categorically that the development would never happen. Why not wait and see?

Point of clarification.

I'm not saying that the Anfield Road stand won't be extended, I believe it will as it's a no-brainer.  However, I don't see the final application for the ARE being submitted in the near future.

"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: April 12, 2015, 09:04:44 pm »
This thread is degenerating into a lets improve the atmosphere at Anfield thread rather than a Main Stand expansion thread. Suggest we redirect our observations to the appropriate thread.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo

Offline Swissgaz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: April 12, 2015, 10:02:30 pm »
Rubbish

Is this the word association thread now?  ;)