Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514344 times)

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1000 on: March 29, 2015, 11:36:48 pm »
Why?

Didn't see this, the whole small tunnel thing, intimidates the opposing team. There's not a big gap between the teams as the line up for a game, just a tight tunnel, shoulder to shoulder, and the This Is Anfield sign dead ahead. Then you finally leave the tunnel and onto the open pitch to see the flags waving and songs being sung for the home team, and of course YNWA.

As mentioned already though, the health and safety aspect is a big part so I can see why it's happening, even if it's just for that, but I'm sure there's other reasons too.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: March 30, 2015, 10:47:36 am »
I'm sure there's other reasons too.

Uefa requirement for next category of stadia so can host games like Uefa cup final.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1002 on: March 30, 2015, 11:20:25 am »
Uefa requirement for next category of stadia so can host games like Uefa cup final.

You sure? As can't say I've ever seen anything with regards to size of tunnel in the regs for UEFA's stadium criteria.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1003 on: March 30, 2015, 12:19:41 pm »
The TV deal isn't going to see the club voluntarily lower ticket prices though, not individually anyway, and makes the decision to fund a (guess, £80m?) development where the returns will be even lower a much tougher one to make.

Exactly unless us fans can pay for their stands quickly then it's not really worth their while. Forget leaving a legacy or creating an amazing atmosphere that can drive on the players ala Dortmund. It's all about dollars and dimes.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1004 on: March 30, 2015, 12:24:23 pm »
Exactly unless us fans can pay for their stands quickly then it's not really worth their while. Forget leaving a legacy or creating an amazing atmosphere that can drive on the players ala Dortmund. It's all about dollars and dimes.

Not sure (well I do considering it's you posting it) why you seem to think it can't be all three.

The stand, any investment in the club actually, needs to have a financial return to make it a viable option and not a weight around the clubs necks. We aren't a charity and the owners aren't investing in the club as one - they've never suggested or given the impression this was the case either.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1005 on: March 30, 2015, 12:41:29 pm »
Not sure (well I do considering it's you posting it) why you seem to think it can't be all three.

The stand, any investment in the club actually, needs to have a financial return to make it a viable option and not a weight around the clubs necks. We aren't a charity and the owners aren't investing in the club as one - they've never suggested or given the impression this was the case either.

Why would a stand that they pay for be a weight around the clubs neck. I know it is a novel idea owners paying for something that they will own. If the owners are expecting the fans to pay for the new stand then in a way isn't the purchase of that stand a kind of leveraged purchase.

In short billionaire owners getting largely working class fans to pay for a stand that the billionaire owners will own.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1006 on: March 30, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »
Why would a stand that they pay for be a weight around the clubs neck. I know it is a novel idea owners paying for something that they will own. If the owners are expecting the fans to pay for the new stand then in a way isn't the purchase of that stand a kind of leveraged purchase.

In short billionaire owners getting largely working class fans to pay for a stand that the billionaire owners will own.

It's the owners underwriting the finance of a stand that the club will own and will generate income for the club long after they've gone. If it was just donated as a gift we'd fall foul of FFP.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1007 on: March 30, 2015, 12:54:13 pm »

Again, we aren't a charity, and the owners are not investing in us as one. The club pays for itself, be it for players, be it for a larger stadium, be it for an assistant for the tea lady.

Yes this may mean the club is worth a higher value and when they sell up the owners get more money, but the increased revenue the stand brings in stays and continues to come into the club (and hopefully spent on improving the team).

The only way any improvement in Anfield gets done is via it's income it brings in paying for it. No big £80m+ hand out given to us from the owners and converted to equity so the club has no debt.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1008 on: March 30, 2015, 03:41:03 pm »
It's the owners underwriting the finance of a stand that the club will own and will generate income for the club long after they've gone. If it was just donated as a gift we'd fall foul of FFP.

The reality is that the owners will sell the club for far more with an expanded ground than without. So the likelihood is that the next owners well have to screw the fans again to get a return on their increasesd investment. As for FFP stadium investment isn't part of FFP.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #1009 on: March 30, 2015, 04:04:38 pm »
Was at the all star game yesterday and its one thing yo see the pics of the work on here but seeing it in person as it is now its starting to get impressive fast...
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1010 on: March 30, 2015, 07:55:54 pm »
Again, we aren't a charity, and the owners are not investing in us as one. The club pays for itself, be it for players, be it for a larger stadium, be it for an assistant for the tea lady.

Yes this may mean the club is worth a higher value and when they sell up the owners get more money, but the increased revenue the stand brings in stays and continues to come into the club (and hopefully spent on improving the team).

The only way any improvement in Anfield gets done is via it's income it brings in paying for it. No big £80m+ hand out given to us from the owners and converted to equity so the club has no debt.

On what planet is it charity. They spend 80m on a stand their asset increases in value accordingly.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1011 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:04 pm »
Please
Please
Please
Please

Can we keep this a news and info thread?

Can we not do this discussion in a new thread? Ta
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1012 on: March 30, 2015, 08:18:13 pm »

Not going to happen without a bigger pitch which is not going to happen anytime soon.

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: March 30, 2015, 08:19:39 pm »
Not going to happen without a bigger pitch which is not going to happen anytime soon.

what we have to change to make a bigger pitch? 
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: March 30, 2015, 10:18:18 pm »
what we have to change to make a bigger pitch?

IIRC the current stands are all too close to the pitch - there is not enough room to make a big enough pitch without moving ground. Could have remembered that incorrectly mind.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: March 30, 2015, 10:36:46 pm »
It's wide enough but a couple of metres too short. That's not going to change.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1016 on: March 31, 2015, 10:19:41 am »
It's wide enough but a couple of metres too short. That's not going to change.

If they do the Anny Road could it?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1017 on: March 31, 2015, 10:27:41 am »

No.

Sight line issues from the Kop, possibly from the Anny Rd end of Upper Centenary and Main Stand too.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: March 31, 2015, 10:57:40 am »

As Craig says - no. We wouldn't be able to host the Champions League final anyway as they are looking for larger capacity anyway. After 2007 Platini said the minimum for a CL final should be 70,000 for security reasons.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1019 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:14 pm »
Arsed about hosting any other events anyway. Let's keep our new pristine pitch for ourselves.

PS THIS IS THE PICS AND PROGRESS THREAD  ;D

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1020 on: March 31, 2015, 12:40:51 pm »
PS THIS IS THE PICS AND PROGRESS THREAD  ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1021 on: April 3, 2015, 01:33:10 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TdFbzHUIo

around 2:07 mark. are they expanding melwood too?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1022 on: April 3, 2015, 01:35:54 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TdFbzHUIo

around 2:07 mark. are they expanding melwood too?

Replacing a couple of the pitches with new ones.

There isn't really any room at Melwood to expand it as pretty well locked in.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #1023 on: April 3, 2015, 01:41:31 pm »
As Craig says - no. We wouldn't be able to host the Champions League final anyway as they are looking for larger capacity anyway. After 2007 Platini said the minimum for a CL final should be 70,000 for security reasons.

You mean financial reasons...
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: April 3, 2015, 02:18:27 pm »
Replacing a couple of the pitches with new ones.

There isn't really any room at Melwood to expand it as pretty well locked in.

oh yeah heard about desso pitches before. thought they replaced melwood pitches just last summer.

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #1025 on: April 6, 2015, 11:29:40 am »
Been to the ground today and the access to the kop end of the site has been fenced off upto WBR so only pictures from ARE sorry, and misty again  :).

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #1026 on: April 6, 2015, 12:09:53 pm »
I was up there myself today and spotted what I think is the foundation going in for the column which will support the main roof beam approximately at the site of where the Hillsborough memorial was.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1027 on: April 6, 2015, 12:28:14 pm »
I was up there myself today and spotted what I think is the foundation going in for the column which will support the main roof beam approximately at the site of where the Hillsborough memorial was.
As it says they are doing on the whiteboard photo above!

Anfield road and kop tower bases to be poured.

Exciting stuff!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1028 on: April 6, 2015, 12:42:09 pm »
You mean financial reasons...

Financial security... ;)

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1030 on: April 7, 2015, 06:51:52 pm »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1031 on: April 7, 2015, 06:54:29 pm »
They got a lot done over the long weekend

Event the pitch looks decent now!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1032 on: April 7, 2015, 07:03:46 pm »
Good angled pic to see just how much has been cleared behind the Kop end too.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1033 on: April 7, 2015, 07:10:32 pm »
Good angled pic to see just how much has been cleared behind the Kop end too.

Very good spot actually. I thought we said they defo weren't doing the Kop?! There's not a huge amount needs to happen there for it to be a possibility surely?!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1034 on: April 7, 2015, 07:13:53 pm »
Very good spot actually. I thought we said they defo weren't doing the Kop?! There's not a huge amount needs to happen there for it to be a possibility surely?!

They aren't, the land is being cleared for housing. I've seen it from the ground as I've walked past but from higher up it's amazing just how much has been knocked down.

A lot of those to the left of the corner between the Kop and Centenary are boarded up too so not occupied in the most part.

Offline YNWAArkAngel

• Main Stander
  • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
« Reply #1035 on: April 7, 2015, 07:14:06 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/5Gu0wDE.jpg

i know it a long shout can u do the main stand duplicate on other side on centenary stand can u do an image of it just an imaginary idea of how it would have looked
Mav

JFT 96
YNWA

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: April 7, 2015, 07:34:13 pm »
i know it a long shout can u do the main stand duplicate on other side on centenary stand can u do an image of it just an imaginary idea of how it would have looked

It wouldn't work. The a Centenary was developed on the same principles of the new Main Stand but the old Kemlyn and the current Main stand are completely different. You'd have to demolish the whole of the Centenary (Kemlyn) to re-build the lower tier (old Kemlyn Road) but then the new lower tier would have to match the existing Main Stand (12,000+ capacity) which you can't do because it would be covered by new guidance and regulations so would be much larger for the same capacity.

And the houses behind are occupied so it's no on all accounts.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
« Reply #1037 on: April 7, 2015, 08:13:02 pm »
Yeah no idea where I got the idea it was moving to the half way line from. Historically the home dressing room was much smaller than the away to encourage a 'togetherness' shame we are losing that.
I did the Stadium Tour as a kid in 1981 and the man doing the Tour said that Shanks wanted the away dressing to be bigger and more luxurious than the home one because the away teams would come in and be wowed by the size and also think about how big the home dressing room must be.   
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1038 on: April 8, 2015, 12:27:50 am »
Pictures courtesy of @Redrazor20 (twitter)

"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1039 on: April 8, 2015, 12:41:03 am »
This new main stand is going to be a whopper  :)
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)