Author Topic: Spyin' Kop: The European Cup Final - AC Milan  (Read 13082 times)

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spyin Kop, The European Cup Final, AC Milan
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 11:48:12 am »
I am worried to be honest. We surrender possession cheaply, tending to bombard the opposition. If we give the ball away like that to Milan we'll be murdered. Equally, if we play them at their own game (i.e., loads of possession, prying open chances) we will lose. All we can hope is that Benitez tactically outdoes his Milan counterpart and we win by a tight 1-0.

Sod that we'll win 4-0.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:07 am »
have really got my match juices flowing

;D

Remind me not to stand next to you in the square..

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 11:52:54 am »
Great read lads.

As always the supporters of both teams are looking to omens etc. to see if they have a better chance of winning it this time.  they go on about not losing two UCL Finals in a row, and say our record about always beating teams that have played in white is there to be broken, well right back at yer lads on the two in a row.
People always look to things like that but, ultimately like someone pointed out, it'll be the team that WANTS it the most that'll  win.  Roll on 23rd May.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 11:59:06 am »

;D

Remind me not to stand next to you in the square..
Shut up, youknow you'll love it.  :)

Offline red_kopite

• Anny Roader
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 12:28:20 pm »
Nice read indeed.

Thanks
One Night in MAY!

I come from a land down under

Offline Huyton_Red

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 12:32:23 pm »
Dont go for this 'we will get battered' angle

Up untill they walloped an injury ravaged and knackered Man Utd team they have not been overly impressive at all this season, in the league or in europe.

Celtic nearly did them in the early rounds.

Yes they did outplay Man Utd, but Utd had loads of injuries and where knackered, they where very lucky to win their league games against Everton and Man City in the league and a lot of their players where running on empty by the time they played Milan.

They are a very good team, but so are we. They will not get anything like the space they had against Utd in midfield, its not fletcher, carrick and a knackered and on a yellow card scholes they are playing this time, its gerrard, alonso and mascherano with sissoko to come on in the second half if required.

And up front, we are also better than them, much better in fact (I am counting kaka as a midfielder) and Utd showed that you can get at their defence to.

I respect them, but I by no means fear them. They are a worse team than two years ago when they where fantastic up front and we are a far better team than two years ago.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 12:33:59 pm by Huyton_Red »

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 12:33:47 pm »
Heard Milan have sold there 17,000 tickets this time ???

Offline Swoop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2007, 12:42:41 pm »
Great read and nice to see the focus turning once again to the game.

We'll done all involved.  8 days and counting ........ bring it on Milan and may the best team (wearing Red) win.
Its a dogs life for me

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2007, 12:52:13 pm »
Great read that. I especially like this comment:

When these teams are fairly decent, even a sniff of an opportunity is enough for them. The UCL is a cup competition but winning it is not a lottery. If it was a lottery then the above mentioned clubs would not be forming the top tier and the wins would be quite evenly spread. The competition began in 1955-56 and here we are in 2007. How is it a lottery when 50 years on and the Fantastic Five rule the roost. Hollow reasoning comes from the people whose clubs plonk it in this competition.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:44 pm »
nice one! Thanks for that and let's prove them wrong regarding their predictions ;)

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 02:05:59 pm »
good read that, cheers.

that Haroon doesn't half go on, writes a thesis just to predict the score ;D

Offline johnybarnes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 02:28:23 pm »
great read and some really good answers from haroon

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 04:01:22 pm »
A great read, I have to admit I thought the Milan fans out in Istanbul were a sound bunch

Offline Diavolo

• Main Stander
  • Forza Milan
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2007, 04:16:30 pm »
SK; At the start of the season there were lots of people who thought that perhaps AC Milan shouldn't be participating in the Champions League because of the match fixing scandal to rock Italian football last season. What was your take on this?

Though not requested, I take liberty in adding the thought of Milan fans, especially Italian Milanisti.

When just over a year ago Calciopoli or if you prefer Moggiopoli erupted, it was as if all the souspisciousness of the last 50 years with regards to Juve and it's management, suddenly were backed by evidence.
Yes, cuase in Italy, should you have asked any suppoter to label in one word a particulat team, most possibly Milan would equal beauty, Inter madness, Torino guts, way way to Juve as thiefs. Almost every top Italian team has been robbed a Serie A title by the colourless Black&White team from Torino. Focusing only upon the 70's onwards, Milan was robbed 2 titles in 1972 and 1973, Fiorentina and Roma one each in the 80's and what happened ever since Moggi (btw he robbed Milan the 1990 title when at Napoli) joined them,  still eavaluated on a day to day basis at date.
In Italy we say that Juve has 27 Titles Gross.
Further proof that something just ain't right, is their embarassing European record compared to the domestic one.
Their yellow per foul ratio in Italy, compared to International fixtures was nothing short of a joke; not to mention penalties, offsides etc etc etc.

Now, coming to what happened last summer, Milan wascharged and subsequently sentenced for basically just complaining after a game we not only lost, but also costs us the title in favour of Moggi's Juve. That game was Siena vs Milan 1-0; in whick Sheva had a pefectly legitimate goal dissalowed for offside by a linesman that was later to be found part of the Moggi gang. The following game, after our intercepted phone compliants, yet again, a perfectly legitimate goal by Crespo was erroneously disallowed for offside.

Us Milanisti ever since last May, not only felt as cheated, but were also outraged of how things eventually unfolded. In two words we felt:
ROBBED&MOCKED

To cut things as short as I can, even though you can imagine the millions of words that have made the papers both here aswell as abroad, when just over a month ago, it was made public that prior to Juventus vs Milan 0-0 (December 2004) in which Milan was denied 2 crystal clear penalties in the 1st half for fouls on Crespo and Kaladze, 42 phone calls were held between the ref of the game (Bertini) and Luciano Moggi, in the 24 hours prior to the game; even the most anti-Milan supporters (Inter fans above all), suddenly stopped pretending that Milan was guilty.

Even though what I will add from now on may be looked upon as fiction, what I will be adding is what any self repecting Milanista believes. Above all it's also backed by facts that Itlain speaking member may very easily find on Internet.

As we we all know, Milan's owner and chairman is Berlusconi, both a Entertainment mogul aswell as head of the center-right Italian coalition.
As soon as the scndal broke loose, the new center-left Minister of Sports Mrs Melandri, as head of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), appointed an old friend of Inter's owner Massimo Moratti: Guido Rossi.
Guido Rossi, on top of being an old buddy of Moratti, for 4 years was also part of Inter's Board and also a former Senator of the Center-Left Coalition.
Mr Guido Rossi's first more was to appoint as head of FIGC's investigation department, a man that is on a mission from God to nail Berlusconi, if it's true that during a G7 meeting in Naples in 1994, whilst in talks with Clinton, was charged for supposed wrong doings dated 1986. The name of this man is Saverio Borrelli.
All evidence produced was gathered through intercepted phone calls collected by Telecom Italia. Telecom Italia till last week, was controlled by Inter's #2 share holder Marco Tronchetti Provera. The top management of Telecom Italia is exactly the same as Inter's, from Tronchetti Provera to Moratti.
Given that the whole scandal is based on phoene calls, an indeed peculiar sitatuation to say the least.

From that moment on, a massive journalistic campaign headed by the 2 biggest Italian selling papers: Corriere della Sera and Gazzetta dello Sport, of which it's biggest share-holders are again: Marco Tronchetti Provera (Inter and Telecom) and Fiorentina's chairman Diego Della Valle, for 90 consequtive days put Milan on the front pages of both their papers.
Perhaps not oddly enough, now that everything suggests that Milan was the target of Moggi, these same papers relegated latests developments from page 20 onwards. Their job is over :)

I could add further details, but I'll leave it to that :)

Us Milanisti now refer to Inter as: Onestoni, translated "The big honest ones"!

All in all, if a team was robbed the Serie A Titles of 2004/05 and 2005/06, that team was Milan.
As stated earler:
Robbed&mocked.

As far as the Final itself is concerned, even though I might not agree upon all said by my fellow Milanisti,  most parts I do.

May the best team win
Forza Milan

« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:12:39 pm by Diavolo »
7th Heaven

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2007, 04:23:29 pm »
Well in for putting that together... and thanks to the Milan fans for their contribution- especially Haroon for adding so much to it!

May the best team win...
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2007, 09:32:02 pm »
Though not requested, I take liberty in adding the thought of Milan fans, especially Italian Milanisti.

When just over a year ago Calciopoli or if you prefer Moggiopoli erupted, it was as if all the souspisciousness of the last 50 years with regards to Juve and it's management, suddenly were backed by evidence.
Yes, cuase in Italy, should you have asked any suppoter to label in one word a particulat team, most possibly Milan would equal beauty, Inter madness, Torino guts, way way to Juve as thiefs. Almost every top Italian team has been robbed a Serie A title by the colourless Black&White team from Torino. Focusing only upon the 70's onwards, Milan was robbed 2 titles in 1972 and 1973, Fiorentina and Roma one each in the 80's and what happened ever since Moggi (btw he robbed Milan the 1990 title when at Napoli) joined them,  still eavaluated on a day to day basis at date.
In Italy we say that Juve has 27 Titles Gross.
Further proof that something just ain't right, is their embarassing European record compared to the domestic one.
Their yellow per foul ratio in Italy, compared to International fixtures was nothing short of a joke; not to mention penalties, offsides etc etc etc.

Now, coming to what happened last summer, Milan wascharged and subsequently sentenced for basically just complaining after a game we not only lost, but also costs us the title in favour of Moggi's Juve. That game was Siena vs Milan 1-0; in whick Sheva had a pefectly legitimate goal dissalowed for offside by a linesman that was later to be found part of the Moggi gang. The following game, after our intercepted phone compliants, yet again, a perfectly legitimate goal by Crespo was erroneously disallowed for offside.

Us Milanisti ever since last May, not only felt as cheated, but were also outraged of how things eventually unfolded. In two words we felt:
ROBBED&MOCKED

To cut things as short as I can, even though you can imagine the millions of words that have made the papers both here aswell as abroad, when just over a month ago, it was made public that prior to Juventus vs Milan 0-0 (December 2004) in which Milan was denied 2 crystal clear penalties in the 1st half for fouls on Crespo and Kaladze, 42 phone calls were held between the ref of the game (Bertini) and Luciano Moggi, in the 24 hours prior to the game; even the most anti-Milan supporters (Inter fans above all), suddenly stopped pretending that Milan was guilty.

Even though what I will add from now on may be looked upon as fiction, what I will be adding is what any self repecting Milanista believes. Above all it's also backed by facts that Itlain speaking member may very easily find on Internet.

As we we all know, Milan's owner and chairman is Berlusconi, both a Entertainment mogul aswell as head of the center-right Italian coalition.
As soon as the scndal broke loose, the new center-left Minister of Sports Mrs Melandri, as head of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), appointed an old friend of Inter's owner Massimo Moratti: Guido Rossi.
Guido Rossi, on top of being an old buddy of Moratti, for 4 years was also part of Inter's Board and also a former Senator of the Center-Left Coalition.
Mr Guido Rossi's first more was to appoint as head of FIGC's investigation department, a man that is on a mission from God to nail Berlusconi, if it's true that during a G7 meeting in Naples in 1994, whilst in talks with Clinton, was charged for supposed wrong doings dated 1986. The name of this man is Saverio Borrelli.
All evidence produced was gathered through intercepted phone calls collected by Telecom Italia. Telecom Italia till last week, was controlled by Inter's #2 share holder Marco Tronchetti Provera. The top management of Telecom Italia is exactly the same as Inter's, from Tronchetti Provera to Moratti.
Given that the whole scandal is based on phoene calls, an indeed peculiar sitatuation to say the least.

From that moment on, a massive journalistic campaign headed by the 2 biggest Italian selling papers: Corriere della Sera and Gazzetta dello Sport, of which it's biggest share-holders are again: Marco Tronchetti Provera (Inter and Telecom) and Fiorentina's chairman Diego Della Valle, for 90 consequtive days put Milan on the front pages of both their papers.
Perhaps not oddly enough, now that everything suggests that Milan was the target of Moggi, these same papers relegated latests developments from page 20 onwards. Their job is over :)

I could add further details, but I'll leave it to that :)

Us Milanisti now refer to Inter as: Onestoni, translated "The big honest ones"!

All in all, if a team was robbed the Serie A Titles of 2004/05 and 2005/06, that team was Milan.
As stated earler:
Robbed&mocked.

As far as the Final itself is concerned, even though I might not agree upon all said by my fellow Milanisti,  most parts I do.

May the best team win
Forza Milan

This should probably have its own thread really but after reading that I'd love to hear Kaizer's 'Juve are innocent' defence.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2007, 09:34:19 pm »
I only saw one - but he seemed nice. ;D

I met about 5, all seemed decent enough :D

Great read Phil, cheers.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline xerxes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 09:42:10 pm »
I thank God that Man Utd aren't there. Compare these reasonable, friendly yet partisan answers to the bile and filth that was the Man Utd Spyin Kop.
Xerxes MBE

Offline gerrardspetal

• Rabid psycho nut harvester with no idea - but she did have some points
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • miaaaaaaaaaaow
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2007, 09:49:45 pm »
Best Spyin Kop in months!

agreed.

Excellent questions and answers there :wellin
“You could say it’s not about being local, but about being vocal.
Kristian is a idiot.  A bad idiot.  Also a virgin.

@gerrardspetal - twitter

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2007, 10:20:47 pm »
Great read, refreshing change from the pathetic sniping we get from many other English fans. I think the comment about the importance of midfield in the CL is spot on.

The problem for Milan is that we have the best midfield in the world ;D

Those comments about the CL not being a lottery are dead right as well. If its a lottery, how come Chelsea and MU are crap in it?

I can't wait for this game, and I think we will definitely do it 2-1. Their age will tell against them
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2007, 10:28:09 pm »
A great read, I have to admit I thought the Milan fans out in Istanbul were a sound bunch

I believe they joined in your Happy Birthday rendition if i remember rightly.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2007, 12:00:23 am »
Great article.

How excited does reading that make you?  I’ve been calm and cool all week but the excitement is certainly starting to build. 
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2007, 12:14:10 pm »
After all things are said and done ... we will beat them yet again
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Beggerz

• can't be custom title chooserz
  • Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2007, 01:51:26 pm »
Fergie's comments as-well saying he will only drink Ancelotti's wine if Milan beat Liverpool, bastard.

Offline Dish shhh

• Kopite
  • It's always darkest before the dawn
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2007, 06:10:57 pm »
Morientes said that each time he has won a European Cup the fans of his club have been on the left as you come out on to the pitch and no player can be allowed to touch the cup on the way out.  Well, our boys are on the left so we'll win if none of the redmen touch big cup!
Brian Reade - "Rafa Benitez was many things at Liverpool but unlike every manager since Kenny Dalglish, he was not a failure. Indeed a majority of Liverpudlians will remember him as a legend. Because like Bill Shankly, on more days and nights than those expert pundits ever care to recall, he made the people happy".

Offline hyypia04

• Anny Roader
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2007, 10:28:09 pm »
This worries me slightly -

SK; Have your team improved since we last met in Istanbul?

Kaka' has improved vastly.

He wasn't exactly poor two years ago was he? And he's even better now?!

:o 'Kin 'ell!!
Radio Merseyside interviewer to Shankly:
'Mr Shankly, why is it that your teams' unbeaten run has suddenly ended ... ?'
Shankly: 'Why don't you go and jump in the lake ?'

Online Shaun101

• Didn't take up his ticket for the Screen Sports Super Cup
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Where did I leave it?
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2007, 02:17:15 pm »
If its a lottery, how come Chelsea and MU are crap in it?

I was always told over two legs the best team always wins?????

:)

Offline BSBW

• Will take anyone one on to maintain the integrity and traditions of the 70's and 80's Road End
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Scouse Born Wild
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2007, 05:53:42 pm »
Nice one Phil.  The world famous Milan tofosi or whatever they call it, who the fuck are they when they're at home?
G'Day Lid - Official Scouse rep of the OCB Down Under.

Offline wosman

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2007, 07:52:41 pm »
"that is like a big juicy steak in front of a starved lion"

great stuff!

good read that, cheers!

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2007, 11:45:48 pm »
COME ON YOU REDS

God speed to all the reds that are traveling

Offline Diavolo

• Main Stander
  • Forza Milan
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2007, 12:48:18 am »
If interested  ;)

From the book "Rossoneri Comunque"

It's all Castellini's fault (by Umberto Nigri)

I'm sitting in front of this bastard of a shrink and my mind goes back to where and when it all started. He asks me my name, age, occupation: I answer in detail, taking my time. Whilst telling him "I'm a sports journalist"  my mind goes back to that day - Me and my brother are playing ping-pong, the radio is switched on, Milan is trailing by 2 goals away to Cesena, it's the last game of season 1981-82.....
 I think I've been waiting for this moment for the past 20 years. I've chosen the best psychiatrist in Rome, and now I'm sitting in front of him, telling him that as a kid I used to play ping-pong,  that that ping-pong is a beautiful game, though lately new rules have polluted the essence of the game, but this is not the POINT. The Point is that on the 16th May 1982 I was playing ping-pong so I did not have to think about anything else, I did not have to think about my loved Milan, that is losing 2-0, and if nothing happens will be relegated in Serie B because Genoa is winning 1-0 in Napoli and a damn miracle is needed: ergo Milan winning and Genoa losing. The miracle suddenly becomes reality, Joe Jordan scores and Romano equalises, and now even Napoli is drawing. No, Napoli is now winning!!!  Back to Cesena: Antonelli (Milan player) advances on the right, he dribbles two players, and shoots a "bomb"!! Enrico Ameri on the legendary live radio broadcast "Tutto il calcio minuto per minuto" suddenly bursts: "Grandissimo goal di Antonelli" (amazing goal scored by Antonelli), from the main Radio Rai studios the main anchorman Mr Bortoluzzi (a master) immediately updates placings and states: "At this moment and time Milan is safe"- I'm happy,  aware that I will never be this happy in all my life. I'm thirteen I scream from the bottom of my lungs:  "Siamo salvi" (We're safe). Whilst screaming, I think  that my life will be always beautiful with lovely things happening on a daily basis, that in the end justice always triumphs, always.
In the mean time Milan's game has ended, Napoli vs Cesena unfortunately not. Castellini (Napoli's GK) "gifts" a corner kick, lthe following day described on "Gazzetta dello Sport" as a GIFT. Genoa takes their corner kick and Faccenda, that had entered the pitch only seven minutes earlier, scores his first Serie A goal through a header. :sob:
Later, duringin the press conference, he tells reporters, he had already missed 7 goals that season, and that this one I could not miss, cause it meant Genoa in Serie A, and relegation for Milan :deress:

Now I'm 33 and sitting in fron of Mr. B (the initial of the shrinks name that obviously I will not name but does really exist) wearing my "good suit", the one I weared during my College Graduation day, the one I only wear when somebody gets married, because this is D Day, a day I've been waiting upon for the last 20 years. 20 long years to finally find revenge from that bastard of Castellini that did it on purpose. I'm positive about this. Nobody can state the contrarary. Anyway Mister B does really exist, matter of fact he's telling me that within any individual you will find a childhood trauma, though I'm advantaged cause I "know" exactly what caused my trauma, though he evaluates it as strange one; objectively strange.
Bla bla bla bla bla bla, he describes my trauma in detail... yes Mister B does exist and proof of that is the 110 Euros he $crewed me.
After a little while with firm voice, looking directly in his eyes I say:  "I'm 33 years old Mr. B ,that day I stopped believing that my life would be beautiful and that lovely things would happen to me and that in this World it's boolocks justice always triumphs, and, in the end, there will always be somebody ready to $crew you".
Mister B fails understand, he evaluates that my personal story is well detailed, but still does not understand, unless, he says, you don't think that Castellini did it on purpose.:eek:  Wow you got it in the end, sure he did it on purpose, have you ever seen a goalkeeper "deliver" the ball backwards instead of forward? Mr B admits he has never seen such thing.
Mr B adds, "even if Catellini did it on purpose, we must understand, now that we're aware that you think that Luciano Catellin purpousely $crewed you that day, and that from that day onwards you believe there is no day in which you haven't been $crewed, like you've been telling me, we must now try to understand: how all this affects life, even though let me frankly advise you: It would have been far better if your life was affected by something more important, something like seeing a snake, a dying animal, assisting a relative during his last moments, being dumped by a girlfriend, something objectively more important than Castellini".

I don't answer, and think that I well aware that in life there are things more important than Castellini, for sure! But what can I do if I've been asked to write a story on Milan, and that the first thing that came to my mind was Luciano Castellini? What can I do, if when overview my entire life the first thing that "comes" to my mind is Milan :heart:  and when thinking of Milan, I recall only sad or insignificant moment like Pasinato playing with us in Serie B, Stefano Chiodi that misses a goal, Gianni Rivera speaking to US prior to Milan vs Bologna instructing all the tifosi to move back cause otherwise we'll lose the match 2-0?
My mind goes back to Beppe Viola (a Milan fan journalist that died young), and his "Domenica Sportiva" match reports, cause Beppe Viola was the best, and you would not admit that either dear Mr B; instead of feeding me all your bull$hit: "We must understand Mr Umberto Nigri if you are suffering from schizophrenic delirium and consequently, self inflicting delirium or ..........."

I stop listening to him, my mind wonders back to my "sad" thoughts, to Marco Van Basten, his farewell day, that BTW is the saddest day in Red&Black history. I recall every second of that "goodbye": Van Basten running in his jeans, reindeer jerkin and pink shirt in tears. Milan and Juventus lined up at midfield, Van Basten lifts his right arm, Van Basten taking a looooong breath, Costacurta passing in front of him, Billy has his tong out to prevent him from crying. Van Basten shakes hands with Collina, actually it's Collina that takes his hands in his own. Close up of Marco's eyes filled with tears, the speaker announces his name, supporters give him a standing ovation, his last. The close-up lasts twelve seconds.... I'm nearly crying in front of this coglione (scumbag) that is telling me that I could be suffering of some strange mental problem. I don't understand, I cannot understand, I'm going to cry. I've seen these images thousands of times, and every single time it's the same. Marco Van Basten is now running across the pitch, his arm up in the sky, they are joined together for a final applause, the cameraman backs up. Van Basten "becomes" smaller, he's in centre field, it's the most beautiful of images; I'm about to cry, I'm crying. Luckily Mister B is so taken away by his diagnosis to even notice, he's saying that maybe it's not schizophrenic delirium but something else, and starts telling me a story regarding his childhood.... Van Basten is standing in midfield and I'm with him, close-up bellissimo. If a movie, shortly credits would be a must, slow motion and moving music too. I'm now openly crying, I can't stop, my mind goes back to the finale of Martin Scorsese's film "The age of innocence", when the camera pans up to the window of "her": Delen Olenska-Michelle Pfeiffer, and Neuland Archer-Daniel Day Lewis is down below, in the middle of the "shot", small and far away, just like Marco Van Basten a second ago. At that point Ted arrives and says "he's on the third floor", together they look up and Ted says "It must be the one with curtains"
Him: I think I'll sit for a moment (he sits)
Ted: Don't you want to come?
Him: I don't know, Ted you go, maybe I'll follow
Ted: What should I tell her?
Him: Don't you always have something to say?
Ted: I'll just say your old style a you prefer walking three flights of stairs that taking the elevator.
Him: (pause) just tell her I'm old style

Close up of Him, close-up on Her banging window, a sun beam strikes a reflection of Her; the camera is back on Him, his eyes are shut, in the background the Ocean appears, and Her face is upon it, she's smiling, Marco Van Basten crying...
Whilst all this is "happening" this "********" of Mister B is  insensitive, and informs me that he no longer goes to the dentist due to happenings occured in his childhood that had something to with a bridge swept away by mud whilst going to the dentist.
In that precise moment I stopped listening. I understand what he was trying to tell me with this story, cause it even happened to me to associate a word with a sense for ever. That word is ANKLE. An anckle injury was the reason Marco Van Basten stopped playing. :scream:

At this point Mister B takes a long breath possibly meaning I'm a desperate case. Mr B then tells me that living like this is objectively "hard work"- he also adds "due to the fact that you think you are continuously conned by people, therefore trust nobody, implies a level of attention within me focused upon multi-stratus reality so:
A) Attention towards real time
B) attention towards elaborating what has just happened C) tsearch for reassurance, in particular from people you deeply care for".

After a brief but indded instence moment, Mister B adds that my "case" is fascinating especially for him because he is studying at present the "theory of chaos", and would like to know if in these 20 years I've ever thought about Luciano Cartellini, and if (I will quote Mr B's words) "Do you associate the Castellino Association with Castellini or Faccenda with Faccendieri". Whilst I try my best not to laugh, thinking that this Mister B is a complete imbecile, out of politeness I answer no. "I have never associated the image of Castellini to anything, for sure not the Catellino Association, that coincidently don't even know what the fUk is, same for Faccenda and Faccendieri"- So while I'm answering on Castellini, once again my mind goes back to Van Basten and to all the "sad" Milan days. I then ask Mister B, why does it happen, why. Every time I look back to my life and everything that is closely related to it, even on my glorious Football team, sad things come to my mind. Why?

Mr B seems indeed stroked by this question, and starts reflecting upon it, at least this it what appears to me. Suddenly he speaks out and says: "This is the point, the fundamental issue at stake" because .... "Now that 20 years have passed and whatever was the trauma that caused your distrust upon things, even if you think that it's all Castellini's fault, even admitting that Napoli's goalkeeper, former Torino Scudetto winner, known by everybody as IL GIAGUARO (The Jaguar), due to his feline ability (I forgot to mention that Mr B is very passionate about Football), even if, IL GIAGUARO long ago fvked up, this fvck up should not ruin your life and you should stop hurting yourself, furthermore, if you want me to tell you the full story, today you don't even have a valid motive having a President like Silvio Berlusconi, with all that comes along with a man like that"
At this stage Mr B is out of control: "explain to me how on earth can you support a team that has a man like Silvio Berlusconi as president" 

I interrupt Mr B and tell him that it's about time everybody should stop on this Berlusconi story, that BTW you can offend as many times you wish; their should be a halt on everybody telling us that you can't support Milan cause Berlusconi is our President, as if he "invented" Milan, and anyway Dear Mr B all you say shows that you've never read Macomb Lowry's "Beneath the Volcano" a brilliant book, a book that narrates how you can love somebody in spite of everything.
What gives you the right dear Mr B, of accusing us Milanisti of supporting a team that has Berlusconi as president; what right, dear Mr B and all the others, do you have saying this to US. US, that have seen Marco Van Basten in tears, US that have suffered Luciano Catellini being relegated in Serie B for his fault, with our chins up.
Our Cousins the Interisti, would have actedin opposte fashion through mourning and accusations. Not US, we were indeed relegated but the following season we were in San Siro giving our unconditioned "love" to IL MILAN, in 60.000, in 70.000 like when we cheered a goal vs mighty Cavese and a late equalizer agaists Catania, or, "goal formidabile" by Walter Alfredo Novellino in a match against Spal. A rear header, scored in a horizontal position, 20 centimetres from the ground- During those sad days I was in THE STADIUM (San Siro) , happy, again, I travelled 1000 KM with my friend Ruggero, just to see Milan playing Cavese. Ruggero and I were born in a $hithole called Cerignola, a place were when a team wins a championship regardless of it's "division", that day everything turns wild, always. But I love that $hithole cause it's the place were I was born, just as I love Milan, always.

And so Mr B, finally: I really don't care if you don't understand, I care preserving the memory of Ruggero and me, embracing after Novellino's goal, happy to the very extreme. What I really care about is that those whom did not "live" the Castellini drama, may read this story and understand what it really means being MILANISTA.
We take shit from nobody

Forza Milan

7th Heaven

Offline quacky-red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2007, 06:31:36 pm »
fookin get in....
Believe.... The future is RED!

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2007, 08:44:51 pm »
great read, thanks mate.
Yep.

Offline liverbird_claire

• Kemlynite
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2007, 10:09:18 pm »
great read, that haroon seems sound. It was also nice to read something that wasn't filled with bitter and snide comments. To be honest i haven't had much time to focus on the final as iv had exams but my last one was yesterday so now i can focus all my energy on the game. Come on Redmen!

Offline leopolis

• Boys Pen
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2007, 08:41:39 pm »
I think that milan will win!
kaką
kaką

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Spyin' Kop: The European Cup Final - AC Milan
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2007, 11:15:49 pm »
One of the best Spyin Kops I've ever read, excellant answers showing confidence in their team but also massive respect for us at the same time!

Loved the "Fuck Inter" line though :D

Offline Diavolo

• Main Stander
  • Forza Milan
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2007, 01:29:46 am »
Loved the "Fuck Inter" line though :D

You'll like these then, all focused on Inter during todays parade.
Down to scratch:
Stick the Scudetto up your ass
I haven't won it for the last 42 years

See you guys in Moscow!!
7th Heaven

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2007, 06:26:26 am »
^ nice pictures.

( he must have a good body guard  :D )