Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 976272 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #640 on: December 14, 2019, 08:57:39 am »
Not that it matters much as 5 years is a long time, but right now I think Ljinders should be way, way ahead of Gerrard as Klopp's successor.

I tend to agree and perhaps he will be. Because there is no way Stevie should get the job just because of who he is. He is going to have to do extremely well over the next 5 years if he is to stand a chance. So we'll have to wait and see.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #641 on: December 14, 2019, 09:04:13 am »
The interview Flon is referring to was with a German journalist. From the interview it was clear that Klopp probably wouldn’t be managing in 5 years or so time & would like to travel with his wife & children, after being out the public eye for some time.

I'm not saying he'll stay with us until he's 70 or anything like that, but don't be surprised if he extends his contract further in the future. Because like I said earlier in this thread, he caught the bug, he's fallen in love with Liverpool Football Club and I think he's going to find it extremely difficult to leave. Especially if the success keeps coming.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: December 14, 2019, 09:09:59 am »
I tend to agree and perhaps he will be. Because there is no way Stevie should get the job just because of who he is. He is going to have to do extremely well over the next 5 years if he is to stand a chance. So we'll have to wait and see.

SG will need to do more than potter about the Scottish League if he has eyes on the Liverpool job. Souness had a decent spell up there and it ultimately didn't benefit us, or his subsequent jobs.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #643 on: December 14, 2019, 09:12:48 am »
SG will need to do more than potter about the Scottish League if he has eyes on the Liverpool job. Souness had a decent spell up there and it ultimately didn't benefit us, or his subsequent jobs.

I was about to post the same. Maybe SG needs to move to a more competitive League, BundesLiga perhaps, to prove himself.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: December 14, 2019, 09:34:43 am »
I was about to post the same. Maybe SG needs to move to a more competitive League, BundesLiga perhaps, to prove himself.

Yeah, I'd suggest a lower German league and see if he can get a club promotion and keep it there.

Popcorn's Art

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #645 on: December 14, 2019, 09:45:59 am »
Yeah, I'd suggest a lower German league and see if he can get a club promotion and keep it there.

That would be problematic given that he doesn't speak the language, as most German teams are rightfully against appointing non-German speaking managers.

Rangers are a good fit at the moment for displaying he can win trophies under pressure, however, ultimately there would be more value taking over a championship club and showcasing whether he can coach and improve young players. Sort of like what Brendan achieved at Swansea.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #646 on: December 14, 2019, 09:46:34 am »
So, a few months ago when I spoke about Klopp's contract needing to be extended, people were sitting back laughing and relaxing that there's still some years to go and I said their behaviour is very much like the old Rick Parry years of Liverpool. Proven right with FSG far far from those lethargic years. Now, we continue to rule. You can't bring in players in the next 2 or 3 transfer windows and tell them to sign a 4 or 5 year contract so that maybe this or that manager will come in. Steven Gerrard? Love the guy, but he needs to prove himself before we even talk about him. We're talking about the world's greatest machine here, not giving the job to your favourite son.

I deem you the prognosticator of prognosticators.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #647 on: December 14, 2019, 09:49:11 am »
That would be problematic given that he doesn't speak the language, as most German teams are rightfully against appointing non-German speaking managers.

Rangers are a good fit at the moment for displaying he can win trophies under pressure, however, ultimately there would be more value taking over a championship club and showcasing whether he can coach and improve young players. Sort of like what Brendan achieved at Swansea.

Continental experience is important for top managers these days, so if not Germany he should have a crack at Spain. He must have picked up some languages over the years.

Popcorn's Art

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #648 on: December 14, 2019, 09:54:18 am »

So did Ferguson...

Lets stick to Jurgen...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:56:56 am by vivabobbycurmudgeongraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: December 14, 2019, 10:01:50 am »
I was convinced that Klopp would see out his contract until 2022 and then leave, as he has been very honest about how he wants the opportunity to travel and still be able to do other things while he’s still fit. It had been playing on my mind at times, because if you look at our current squad and the stage they are at in there careers - Salah/Mane/Firmino 27, Virgil/Matip 28, Gini/Hendo 29 - they’re all playing close to their peak and by 2022 would need phasing out (Virgil and Matip aside). With this coinciding with Klopp leaving, you’d worry about how we’d cope with such a big turnover. This extension gives Klopp a chance to bleed in a new ‘generation’ and allow the next manager to take over where he effectively left off.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: December 14, 2019, 10:19:26 am »
Really good news. Klopp has done a great job.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #651 on: December 14, 2019, 10:21:05 am »
I was convinced that Klopp would see out his contract until 2022 and then leave, as he has been very honest about how he wants the opportunity to travel and still be able to do other things while he’s still fit.

If he wants to travel we should let him have a pre-season off - he could pack a lot into three months  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: December 14, 2019, 10:24:46 am »
So did Ferguson...

Lets stick to Jurgen...

Oh please. Ferguson broke the old firm duopoly on the Scottish title, which alone showed he had something special.  Still took him more than half a decade to find his feet in the English game though.

Souness went to Rangers, bellyflopped at Liverpool and then hopped on the merry go round.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #653 on: December 14, 2019, 10:31:16 am »
Jesus wept, just stick to Klopp maybe? Stevie has had one proper managerial job and he’s doing well so far, just leave him to it and see where we are in the future. We’re the only ones obsessing over ‘is he good enough to manage us’.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #654 on: December 14, 2019, 10:42:03 am »
I was convinced that Klopp would see out his contract until 2022 and then leave, as he has been very honest about how he wants the opportunity to travel and still be able to do other things while he’s still fit.

Yeah, let me tell you this. After speaking to him, I was also worried how he's going to get that rest he so deserves but let me tell you something. If he wins the league this season, even though he is going to be tired, that's going to give him a real zing in his system that will cure any tiredness.

Don't believe, here are two examples:

1. I've been working like 10 to 12 hours daily due to the amazing success in my life where I'm an inspiration for many but boy is it difficult to find time and sometimes it can be psychologically testing, but you find an hour here or there to do some high-level research and healthy living (instead of just Lebowsking around) and the value of those hours are so good that it's like the relativity of time where you can pack so much in magical moments. You then talk to your beloved ones about how valuable they are, how amazing and effective they are in achieving their goals (winning the Premier League, Champions League, saving a lion whatever...) and I tell you, hey, that zing and mojo is right back.

2. Now, let me tell you from personal experience. You got a beautiful 40-year-old wife in the prime of her career and it's amazing, you know what I mean, wink wink nudge nudge, know what I mean... round the clock stuff and something you wonder at your age if you can keep up with her you get so tired and fatigued that you have to check the science of nutrition and don't use those damaging pills (the v word) and then I discovered these amazing 18-year-old pure girls and I have to say, you can say how much you want about the scientific method of discovering rest periods, but once you got some of that, the energy levels somehow automatically kick in and skyrocket, man, the mojo is really back without a manual, you really throw that schedule out of the window and you loving working that day and night. Let me tell you from my advice, nobody will be complaining about schedules, lack of rest and lack of Christmas holidays after that.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:45:36 am by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #655 on: December 14, 2019, 10:46:05 am »
Posted this elsewhere, but sod it, posting it here as well. Klopp is a wonderful man.

https://video.liverpoolfc.com/player/0_vi9ntfff/?feedId=4894e552-b329-4132-bf8d-f5fbafe95f20&page=0&pageSize=20&sortOrder=desc&title=Featured%20Videos&listType=LIST-DEFAULT&_ga=2.128272460.1166627548.1576247992-2000502125.1572723268

Damn onions.... :'(

Amazing spirit and support that the club, players and management staff show to kids to give them a little boost. The one thing that breaks my heart is the sight of poorly kids at Christmas. If they all just got a day where they forget about their situation and are happy because of the club, then that's a huge job well done.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #656 on: December 14, 2019, 10:58:00 am »
Klopp till 2029. Pep till 2043. 15 Champions League titles and 12 league titles between them. Sorted. Dont know why people overthink this.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: December 14, 2019, 11:09:14 am »
Fuck the sentimentality. If Stevie wants the job, let him earn it by winning the big trophies across Europe with top teams. In the meantime, shall we please fucking cherish the best manager Liverpool have had in my lifetime? The one that has us 8 points clear at the top of the league following a 97 point season and a CL title. We're privileged to be watching this team managed by Jurgen. The obsession with our history weighed us down for three decades. The first manager to truly turn us into the best team in Europe is the guy that came in and told the players that they had to earn the right to touch the Anfield sign. Let's consign sentimentality to the bin. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #658 on: December 14, 2019, 11:18:04 am »
Think it was quite clearly the other way around.  :D
ok. That makes more sense now you say it.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: December 14, 2019, 11:41:14 am »
Jesus wept, just stick to Klopp maybe? Stevie has had one proper managerial job and he’s doing well so far, just leave him to it and see where we are in the future. We’re the only ones obsessing over ‘is he good enough to manage us’.

I'm responding to people putting two and two together and making 5 when it comes to two contracts expiring at the same time. Cos right now SG ISN'T good enough to manage us imo, and we've yet to see any sign that he will be in the future.

Weve got a manager, and personally I'm fairly satisfied with him.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JoeH

• Slightly obsessed with things up the bum - thinks it's funny.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #660 on: December 14, 2019, 11:44:47 am »
I remember the last time we brought a former playing legend from Rangers to be our manager. I don't think Stevie will be at Rangers when Klopp leaves, he is too ambitious to stick around in the Scottish League.

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: December 14, 2019, 11:56:04 am »
Is Stevie even the right fit when it comes to style of play? Edwards and Co are no mugs and won't fall in the Ole-trap, they will recruit the right manager. Anyways that disussion is years away, a lot will happen until then.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #662 on: December 14, 2019, 11:57:30 am »
Fuck the sentimentality. If Stevie wants the job, let him earn it by winning the big trophies across Europe with top teams. In the meantime, shall we please fucking cherish the best manager Liverpool have had in my lifetime? The one that has us 8 points clear at the top of the league following a 97 point season and a CL title. We're privileged to be watching this team managed by Jurgen. The obsession with our history weighed us down for three decades. The first manager to truly turn us into the best team in Europe is the guy that came in and told the players that they had to earn the right to touch the Anfield sign. Let's consign sentimentality to the bin.

:thumbup

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: December 14, 2019, 12:11:41 pm »

Yep, it’s really odd. Some are totally obsessed with telling us they don’t want a bloke managing us for a job that won’t even be available for years and years anyway. Thought the new contract would stop that rubbish but instead people just changed to “Don’t want Gerrard in 2024” instead.

We’ve got the best manager on this earth. The job isn’t available, won’t be for half a decade at least, and for the ones crying themselves to sleep about an appointment 5 years away I think the board have done enough to suggest they won’t appoint someone based on his playing past. So can we concentrate on the managerial god we currently have?!

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #664 on: December 14, 2019, 01:23:07 pm »
I was convinced that Klopp would see out his contract until 2022 and then leave

Me too - to extent that I was giving reasons for my view in other threads.

I've never, ever been more pleased to be wrong! Absolutely brilliant news!!  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: December 14, 2019, 03:07:30 pm »
Jurgen Klopp:"I saw Qatar weather forecast. It's raining, so it's like home games to us"  ;D  I love this guy.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #666 on: December 14, 2019, 03:09:41 pm »
Jurgen Klopp:"I saw Qatar weather forecast. It's raining, so it's like home games to us"  ;D  I love this guy.

his weather obsession cracks me up.

Even yesterday in that little video he did to announce he'd extended his contract he pointed out he signed it on a 'bad weather day'  ;D  A little nod to his agent's jokey comments from a few weeks ago there, which the English media took seriously!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #667 on: December 14, 2019, 03:11:09 pm »
his weather obsession cracks me up.

Even yesterday in that little video he did to announce he'd extended his contract he pointed out he signed it on a 'bad weather day'  ;D  A little nod to his agent's jokey comments from a few weeks ago there, which the English media took seriously!

Odds on he mentions the wind in today's press conference.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #668 on: December 14, 2019, 03:11:37 pm »
Odds on he mentions the wind in today's press conference.  ;D

I'd be disappointed if he didn't  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: December 14, 2019, 03:53:54 pm »
HHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

AHHAHA

AHHAHAHAH

HAHAAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJMI0HvrSo

''Thats absolute bollocks as well''

HAHAHAHAHHA I LOVE THIS MAN

minute 6 in the iinterview

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #670 on: December 14, 2019, 07:38:10 pm »
Spot on for me.

We spent far too long being over-sentimental. We spent far too long trying to recreate old glories too. A club just up the motorway is going the same route now, and look what it's doing to them. What Liverpool needed to shake it out of its relative malaise was a man who acknowledged and respected our history and heritage, but was going to build something of his own, in his own way. The Liverpool dynasty was built by ruthless men. Often iron fists in velvet gloves, but still ruthless all the same. You had to earn your right to come to Liverpool, and you had to earn your right to stay there too. Klopp has taken a new broom and swept away the sentimentality that was hampering us. What we see now is the crop growing from the seed he's sown.

The last thing our club ever needs is to return to those over-sentimental days once more. If Gerrard ever does return here as manager, it will have to be not because he was an immense player, but because he's developed into a great manager too. He earned his stripes as a player and a playing legend, but in management he is only just starting out. Now we have exactly the right mentality again, Liverpool FC must do what is best for Liverpool FC, and not get involved in sentiment again in areas where cool, thought-out and highly important decisions have to be made.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #671 on: December 14, 2019, 07:44:38 pm »
If you are replacing maybe the best manager in the world you're looking at hopefully the very top 5% of managers in world football. Love Stevie but as far as being a manager is concerned he needs to prove he's one of the very best. Thankfully it's going to be a long time until then.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #672 on: December 14, 2019, 07:48:59 pm »
If you are replacing maybe the best manager in the world you're looking at hopefully the very top 5% of managers in world football. Love Stevie but as far as being a manager is concerned he needs to prove he's one of the very best. Thankfully it's going to be a long time until then.
Stevies got was 5 years+ to audition for the job.
There is no one suggesting he starts tomorrow.

Today there is no one alive I’d want as our manager other than Jurgen
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: December 14, 2019, 08:59:13 pm »
I was convinced that Klopp would see out his contract until 2022 and then leave, as he has been very honest about how he wants the opportunity to travel and still be able to do other things while he’s still fit. It had been playing on my mind at times, because if you look at our current squad and the stage they are at in there careers - Salah/Mane/Firmino 27, Virgil/Matip 28, Gini/Hendo 29 - they’re all playing close to their peak and by 2022 would need phasing out (Virgil and Matip aside). With this coinciding with Klopp leaving, you’d worry about how we’d cope with such a big turnover. This extension gives Klopp a chance to bleed in a new ‘generation’ and allow the next manager to take over where he effectively left off.

or he will renew again :D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #674 on: December 14, 2019, 09:00:14 pm »
My mum just mistook Romesh Ranganathan for Klopp...

I don’t know where to start...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #675 on: December 14, 2019, 09:01:30 pm »

Well, they both wear glasses I guess.  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: December 14, 2019, 09:56:00 pm »
Fuck the sentimentality. If Stevie wants the job, let him earn it by winning the big trophies across Europe with top teams. In the meantime, shall we please fucking cherish the best manager Liverpool have had in my lifetime? 

No sentimentality indeed... You may be a legend on the field as a player and forever in Liverpool's history but that doesn't entitle you to be the manager and no doubt FSG would not allow such a mistake. To manage Liverpool you need to be one of the best in the game and equally have an incredibly charismatic personality (in my view that's part of the identity of the club... as build by Shankly). I think no one matches Klopp on that level and I really hope he'll be here for the next 10 years.
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline diglet

• Main Stander
« Reply #677 on: December 14, 2019, 10:41:57 pm »
No sentimentality indeed... You may be a legend on the field as a player and forever in Liverpool's history but that doesn't entitle you to be the manager and no doubt FSG would not allow such a mistake. To manage Liverpool you need to be one of the best in the game and equally have an incredibly charismatic personality (in my view that's part of the identity of the club... as build by Shankly). I think no one matches Klopp on that level and I really hope he'll be here for the next 10 years.

I’m far far too young to be an authority on this but isn’t the general consensus that Paisley was very different to Shankly (much quieter, reserved etc)? Just saying we don’t necessarily need to find a carbon Klopp copy when the time comes (thankfully very far away now anyway!).

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #678 on: December 14, 2019, 10:58:16 pm »

Maybe Klopp used to be a high school math teacher?
Or maybe he makes fun of his kids and wishes he never had them?
Or maybe he is just darn funny?
Or maybe he speaks with a Sri Lankan accent?

What might it be!
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: December 14, 2019, 11:18:45 pm »
Interesting to hear that Klopp said it was important that all three of the management staff (Klopp/Krawietz/Lijnders) wanted to extend contracts, without them he wouldn't have. I have to admit that I was a bit worried when Buvac left but I think Lijnders has been a brilliant replacement and I think we have improved massively since his appointment. To think, he was brought in by Rodgers, we have alot to be grateful for from Brendan as he laid some good foundations. Klopp has since joined everything together and taken us on to another level.     

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pep-lijnders-football-mastermind-who-16099996
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"