Author Topic: Russia launches invasion of Ukraine (*) & use spoiler tags for anything graphic!  (Read 951318 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
The Russians giving awards to the soldiers that tortured the IS terrorists. They are the Mafia

(Warning - The article is brutal read)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/25/russian-officials-lauding-torture-was-unthinkable-now-it-is-proud-to-do-so

"As a result of the attack, some Russian MPs have called for the reinstitution of the death penalty. There has been a moratorium on executions since 1996"

I had to laugh ironically when I read that bit
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Anyone watch “Enemy in the Woods”?

It’s a fly-on-the-wall documentary about the Ukrainian Berlingo Battalion who are defending a section of a railway line that runs through a forest that lies north-west of Kupyansk. Their aim is to stop the Russian army controlling the railway.

It’s a bleak, depressing and brutal insight which shows the utter pointlessness of war. The soldiers on either side face a desperate battle under extreme conditions and stress whilst the likes of Putin sits many miles away in safety.

Like most conflict documentaries I was left with the question of “what is it all about” and why so many young men and women put their lives on the line for no real benefit. Yes Ukraine people are fighting to save their country but on the Russian side it’s just a conveyor of wasted lives. Russia may win but how does this serve the country and why do so many people have to lose their precious lives? Putin cannot be turfed out through democratic means and that allows him to do whatever he wants and to abuse his freedom and power.

#JFT97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

"As a result of the attack, some Russian MPs have called for the reinstitution of the death penalty. There has been a moratorium on executions since 1996"

I had to laugh ironically when I read that bit

Flip flop will be buzzing.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Ukraine just hit a Russian drone factory 1200km away... with a drone.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/1bts3oh/shahed_drone_factory_in_russias_tatarstan_over/

Apparently it's a small plane converted into a drone, hence the big boom.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/1bts3oh/shahed_drone_factory_in_russias_tatarstan_over/

The downside of having the biggest country in the world!  There must be so many holes in the Russian air defences - they almost certainly couldn't withstand the same scale of attacks that they're launching on Ukraine.

Apparently all of those 12 individuals injured in the drone attack were "students"  ::)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Russia seems to be using their supply of Iranian drones to overwhelm Ukrainian air defences so they can lob missiles at them. I've been a bit concerned about Russia's increasing use of ballistic missiles against targets in Ukraine.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
Russia seems to be using their supply of Iranian drones to overwhelm Ukrainian air defences so they can lob missiles at them. I've been a bit concerned about Russia's increasing use of ballistic missiles against targets in Ukraine.

They've been saving these missiles for a very long time so they can drop them all at once, so the hope is that they run out pretty quickly and go back to saving them up again.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
They've been saving these missiles for a very long time so they can drop them all at once, so the hope is that they run out pretty quickly and go back to saving them up again.

I hope so. Missiles are far more complicated to make than artillery shells. Ukraine are struggling badly with these saturation attacks.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!

How does that work? Small plane, small charge, small factory, big boom...  ;D

More of those please!

EDIT: You know what, the strike was at a distance that covers pretty much all of Iran. Strike the fucking source of the problem! I wouldn't think many Western nations will be too opposed... (I know I'm talking nonsense, but I probably would be inclined to do that).
« Last Edit: April 2, 2024, 05:02:02 pm by farawayred »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
How does that work? Small plane, small charge, small factory, big boom...  ;D

More of those please!

EDIT: You know what, the strike was at a distance that covers pretty much all of Iran. Strike the fucking source of the problem! I wouldn't think many Western nations will be too opposed... (I know I'm talking nonsense, but I probably would be inclined to do that).

Oh I would just love it if Iran declared war on Ukraine. As if they'd have the fucking gonads for that!

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Oh I would just love it if Iran declared war on Ukraine. As if they'd have the fucking gonads for that!

Hi, for the politically ignorant, can you expand on that?
Would Iran just get pummelled by Ukraine?  Would other countries see that as the green light to go in where they haven't had good enough cause to so far?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Hi, for the politically ignorant, can you expand on that?
Would Iran just get pummelled by Ukraine?  Would other countries see that as the green light to go in where they haven't had good enough cause to so far?

It was a tongue in cheek comment based around Iran preferring to pull the strings from the shadows rather than pushing it's intent openly. They wouldn't openly declare war against any country if they can obtain their objectives via other means.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was a tongue in cheek comment based around Iran preferring to pull the strings from the shadows rather than pushing it's intent openly. They wouldn't openly declare war against any country if they can obtain their objectives via other means.
Thanks RB.  I was well and truly whooshed :)
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks RB.  I was well and truly whooshed :)
TBF, I was whooshed too. And I suspect most here were 'whooshed' by Red Beret's comment.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I would really like to know though, how one heavily sanctioned country is able to supply so many fucking drones to another heavily sanctioned country. Who the fuck is supplying Iran? China? Africa?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
I would really like to know though, how one heavily sanctioned country is able to supply so many fucking drones to another heavily sanctioned country. Who the fuck is supplying Iran? China? Africa?

A lot of the components for things like drones aren't under sanction as they're quite basic and can be used for commercial purposes too. It seems like Russia are finding ways around sanctions too, either by funneling items through countries like Kazakhstan or by setting up their own businesses in other countries and bringing components in through those.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A lot of the components for things like drones aren't under sanction as they're quite basic and can be used for commercial purposes too. It seems like Russia are finding ways around sanctions too, either by funneling items through countries like Kazakhstan or by setting up their own businesses in other countries and bringing components in through those.

I've never understood the phrase "virtue signalling". Is that effectively what sanctions are?
A signal to the world theat 'hey , we're not sending weapons, nor weapon compenents to Russia" , yet "We're still allowing our businesses make millions while turning a blind eye"

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
I've never understood the phrase "virtue signalling". Is that effectively what sanctions are?
A signal to the world theat 'hey , we're not sending weapons, nor weapon compenents to Russia" , yet "We're still allowing our businesses make millions while turning a blind eye"

The sanctions have had an impact, but the invasion has been going on for a long time so Russia are slowly finding ways around them. It's still harder for them to get what they need and it costs a lot more as a result it's just not  stopping them completely.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
I had not realised that more civilians have died in Gaza than in the Ukraine (albeit a similar number)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
I had not realised that more civilians have died in Gaza than in the Ukraine (albeit a similar number)

Gaza having no air defence and being incredibly densely populated causes that. The Israelis can just rain hell down on them with no real threat to themselves.

Ukraine air defence has actually done very well. Without it most cities in Ukraine would be wrecked with a few hundred thousand dead.
20 and 7

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
The Navalny Storyville programme on BBC is worth watching, few years old and very sad given events.

Helps us understand Russia a bit more
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gaza having no air defence and being incredibly densely populated causes that. The Israelis can just rain hell down on them with no real threat to themselves.

Ukraine air defence has actually done very well. Without it most cities in Ukraine would be wrecked with a few hundred thousand dead.

Targetting those civilians (little girl who had to hide under dead relatives) & AID workers (three separate rockets killed 7 yesterday) causes that.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's not for want of trying though.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A huge spike in conscription numbers for Russia over the last month. Wonder what could have influenced that.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic

This isn't the thread, but one major factor here is that the Ukrainian government made it a priority from day one to remove civilians from the front lines through any means necessary, whereas Hamas use their population, women and children, to hide behind and amongst, meaning civilian deaths will of course be hugely disproportionate.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A huge spike in conscription numbers for Russia over the last month. Wonder what could have influenced that.
Did I hear Ukraine are having to lower the age of conscription?
Actually I assume it's conscription. It might simply have been the age you can sign up there.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did I hear Ukraine are having to lower the age of conscription?
Actually I assume it's conscription. It might simply have been the age you can sign up there.

Yes from 27 to 25, I don't think it's mandatory yet. Very sad, doesn't seem hard to swing this back to Ukraine with some hardware like Patriots.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Meanwhile in Congress, Mike Johnson continues to stall the Ukrainian aid bill as he struggles in vain to get his lunatic fringe on board.

He does realise he can just sidestep them if he seeks bipartisan support, right? Who am I kidding, of course he knows.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Yes from 27 to 25, I don't think it's mandatory yet. Very sad, doesn't seem hard to swing this back to Ukraine with some hardware like Patriots.

It's unforgivable they aren't being given what they need. Like for fcuk sake what in the name of christ is wrong with our democracy when we can't even give them the equipment they need to gain back what's rightfully their's. Shambles.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
It's a harsh winter, government projects need extra workers to be completed is my guess...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
It's a harsh winter, government projects need extra workers to be completed is my guess...
That and paranoia Vlad da bad and Stoltenburg both thinking the other is going to invade... Might have something to do with it.   

This isn't the thread 
Yes and if Classy catches us talking about those who can't be named, he'll lose his sh*t again...

One's like shooting fish in an ocean the other a barrel.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
Some powerful words here from Zinchenko.

Oleksandr Zinchenko: Arsenal footballer would fight in Ukraine if called up

BBC Newsnight asked the footballer whether he would answer a call-up to fight, if he saw more value in that than staying to play football in the Premier League.

"I think it's a clear answer. I would go [to fight]", he said.

He said Russians used to call Ukrainians their "brothers" and "sisters", but the invasion has shown "all of us Ukrainians that we can't be friends with them any more".

"We will never forget what they have done to us, to our people," he said. "And that's what I will teach my kids as well. And my kids will teach their kids. This is not acceptable."

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Or a false flag terrorist attack on home soil..

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some powerful words here from Zinchenko.

In the same way I view some charity work. Would he better off carrying on with his very well paid career and providing money for drones, shells, armour etc.
I know it's a very capitalist view and totally unfair on those that are fighting. But I do wonder whether he would do more good for the war effort via his ability to earn.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
In the same way I view some charity work. Would he better off carrying on with his very well paid career and providing money for drones, shells, armour etc.
I know it's a very capitalist view and totally unfair on those that are fighting. But I do wonder whether he would do more good for the war effort via his ability to earn.
That's bad snipping of the article from me.  He does say he's so far donated £1m to the Ukrainian effort.

I get the impression - very much from the outside looking in - that morale may be an issue for Ukrainians due to the drawn out relentlessness.  Somebody like Zinchenko, captain of their national football team, enlisting would be a major morale booster.  That's not me saying he should do so but I can see why he would be willing to and huge credit to him for that attitude (I'm quite certain I'd be too cowardly!).

It does remind of the Iraq/Afghanistan invasions though and a NFL (?) player that enlisted.  I may be misremembering but I think he was killed in duty.  Sorry for the vague story with no details - I'm turning into my dad.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2024, 02:29:19 pm by thaddeus »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't remember his name, got shot by one of his own didn't he ?

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Can't remember his name, got shot by one of his own didn't he ?

Pat Tillman...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
Targetting those civilians (little girl who had to hide under dead relatives) & AID workers (three separate rockets killed 7 yesterday) causes that.

It isn't something that should be compared, but Russians target civilians too, yeah little girls as well.

They are performing 'double taps' at the moment, especially in Kharkiv, where they hit an area, wait for the first responders to arrive, then hit them too. Sick.

Air defence has been the only thing stopping them from levelling Ukraine.
« Last Edit: April 6, 2024, 02:57:40 pm by rhysd »
20 and 7

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Yeah. Kharkiv seems to be the next target. Things are getting desperate. Meanwhile the US has its thumb up its ass and Germany dithers.

Russia has all the bodies it needs to throw into such an offensive, but they're probably content to grind it down for now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_g60JmD7uAo&amp;ab_channel=ReportingfromUkraine" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_g60JmD7uAo&amp;ab_channel=ReportingfromUkraine</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
Kharkiv is currently being laid to waste.  😥

Videos from there are terrifying. Nearly all electricity and water facilities have gone. They're being hammered with missiles.

Now 'double tapping' civilian areas for maximum death. The evil bastards.

They've stepped it up since the Americans pulled the aid. They don't have enough air defence or frontline ammo and Russia are taking advantage.

Hard to not think it's not a coincidence. When you hear about Mike Johnson's Russia connections...
« Last Edit: April 6, 2024, 02:56:34 pm by rhysd »
20 and 7