Author Topic: Roy to be sacked & Dion Fanning article  (Read 199351 times)

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roy to be Sacked. Sometime.
« Reply #480 on: January 1, 2011, 11:27:22 am »

I wonder if Roy gets sacked then we go on and win the Europa cup whether Roy will claim it as his cup because it was his team?
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #481 on: January 1, 2011, 11:27:44 am »
If Roy had us playing great football and we were top of the league, I doubt very much that NESV would be in any rush to find a more youthful replacement. So why are they so reluctant to let Kenny have a go as caretaker and see if he can do any better? There got to be more to it than the age thing. Purslow or someone else at the club must be advising NESV not to give Kenny the chance, probably telling them that the King has been out of the game too long and it just wouldn't work.

An alternative possibility is calling in the King right now would undermine any potential successor and provide a Beckenbauer/Busby type figure lurking in the boardroom to whom the fans would appeal at every minor setback. As a short-term appointment, it could conceivably mean that Kenny would find it very difficult to then go back as a club ambassador or a representative of the playing side for the board. There are sensible reasons for not letting Kenny take what could be a poisoned chalice - that said,  he may well be the only man who could unite the supporters behind him and has the authority to start reading the riot act to certain members of our squad.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #482 on: January 1, 2011, 11:29:53 am »
Regarding Kenny, I don't think they see him as their long term man, but just imagine how hard it would be for them to let him go if he was doing a top job here? I just don't think FSG dare take the risk of giving the job to Kenny knowing at some point they would have to get rid of him.

Like i've mentioned in the post above though, do you honestly think NESV would be in any rush to replace Roy if he was doing an exceptional job? Because I don't. Roy is a lot older the Kenny, so why the reluctance to give him a chance? Theres got to be more in it then the age thing for me. Its just an excuse.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 1, 2011, 11:37:37 am »
Great news if true!!

As a permanent manager pellegrini is perfect, I would be made up if we got him

riijkaard is a weirdo,
kenny shouldn't take the job, managers come and go, like Roy Evans he would have to leave the club altogether if he was ever replaced
Rafa is not the answer although I'd like to take him for lunch

Age 57?  I would say that he has a good 6 years ahead of him, but I don't think FSG would share that view.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: January 1, 2011, 11:45:20 am »
Age 57?  I would say that he has a good 6 years ahead of him, but I don't think FSG would share that view.

Going off the the list above they want owen coyle!

Offline liverpooll

• I am right, you are wrong, despite all the evidence to the contrary. Just does not get it. Also does not get that he does not get it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: January 1, 2011, 11:46:39 am »
Great news if true!!

As a permanent manager pellegrini is perfect, I would be made up if we got him

riijkaard is a weirdo,
kenny shouldn't take the job, managers come and go, like Roy Evans he would have to leave the club altogether if he was ever replaced
Rafa is not the answer although I'd like to take him for lunch

my view exactly

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: January 1, 2011, 11:47:03 am »
I wonder if Roy gets sacked then we go on and win the Europa cup whether Roy will claim it as his cup because it was his team?

But it's not his team, he keeps telling us that

Given his record he will probably change his mind and say it was

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: January 1, 2011, 11:50:19 am »
The worrying thing now is not only do we have a useless manager, we also have one who knows hes as good as gone. Where is the inspiration goin to come from? If you have read his last interview he comes across as someone really depressed and down in the dumps. Now surely that is a really dangerous thing to have at your club when the whole team is low on confidence, looking for answers and looking for someone who can motivate them enough to get them out of this whole. Wheres is motivation now goin to come from?... Roy?... I cant see it myself, he's goin to find it hard to motivate himself, nevermind anybody else.

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
« Reply #488 on: January 1, 2011, 11:51:15 am »
Surely this puts certain players in an interesting position. If you knew the writing was on the wall for your boss, and another couple of bad games would conclude with his dismissal and you had little time for him, how would you go out and play today?

Would you go and give 100% or would you continue to under perform to increase the likelihood of his removal?

"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #489 on: January 1, 2011, 11:52:19 am »
The Telegraph are explaiming what characteristics our new manager will have:

Youthful

John W Henry and Tom Werner are keen to build the club around a young, ambitious manager, preferably with an attractive style of play and an eye for upcoming talent.

Progressive

FSG's owners witnessed baseball's sabermetrics revolution first-hand with the Boston Red Sox and are determined to run Liverpool in a thoroughly new way. Any candidate will have to be happy to implement new ideas to revitalise a stagnant club.

Adaptable

Damien Comolli, the director of football strategy, would advise Henry and Werner on any change of manager and the successful candidate will need to be willing to work in tandem with the Frenchman on recruitment and long-term planning.

Successful

FSG's commitment, they have been at pains to reiterate, is to winning. That is key to their vision for making Liverpool competitive on and off the pitch. A proven record of success may not be necessary, but it will be a substantial advantage.

Rory's personal opinion, which is actually ludicrous

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #490 on: January 1, 2011, 11:56:24 am »
Let's be honest, if you were a manager and was offered a job by LFC, you wouldn't refuse it. Then if things weren't  going to plan and you knew that a sacking was imminent which would result in a £3M payoff, who in their right mind would resign?

Don't agree with it, but really can't see RH doing anything other then waiting to be sacked. Nothing in his tenure so far has suggested that he is an honorable person. Not buying this crap that Roy is a "nice man". Never did and sure as hell won't now. Nice men don't criticize young players, nice men don't let your start striker get criticized and do nothing, nice men don't slate your own player to the media, and nice men don't turn on the fans!

Not sure what the board is waiting for, there's already a candidate waiting in Liverpool. I'm sure Rafa would even give roy is 3m from the 6m pay-off he received to get a chance to acclaim what is rightfully his!!!!

Offline Jules Winnfield

• Main Stander
  • Take the money and run
« Reply #491 on: January 1, 2011, 11:56:55 am »
Rory's personal opinion, which is actually ludicrous

It was the same with the webchat, lots of posturing and hyperbole with no actual substance
Genius is born.......not paid

Offline sherwos8

• Kopite
« Reply #492 on: January 1, 2011, 11:57:10 am »
Why is it ludicrous?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 1, 2011, 11:57:58 am »
Surely this puts certain players in an interesting position. If you knew the writing was on the wall for your boss, and another couple of bad games would conclude with his dismissal and you had little time for him, how would you go out and play today?

Would you go and give 100% or would you continue to under perform to increase the likelihood of his removal?

The thing is we shouldn't be putting ourselves in this sort of position. NESV have bottled it and it could cost us. They should do whats best for the club. We shouldn't be having a manager at the club who everyone now knows is as good as gone. This could really do more damage the good.

Come NESV do the humane thing and sack him.

Offline Brave Lee Flea

• Kopite
  • Brave Lee turned his tail and fled....
« Reply #494 on: January 1, 2011, 11:58:50 am »
It's an opening gambit. FSG aren't stupid. This is being leaked and they will wait to see what develops and then take whatever further action is necessary... If that involves removing Hodgson then that will happen.

My feeling is that this will make his position untenable and he will have to go. I assume FSG are intending will happen as well, but they are trying to do it in a way that appears they are not making a unilateral decision.

My take on it anyway..
That sounds like a whole lot of nonsense to me. I can't see why, if they had resolved to remove Roy, they would be afraid to be appear as if they were taking a decision. After all it's very clear that nobody (except possibly Roy's Mum and even that's not guaranteed) would criticise them for it.
I'm a believer.

Offline a glass of wine Sir?

• Kopite
  • NESV..."thank you" x
« Reply #495 on: January 1, 2011, 12:03:07 pm »
Right...I'm going to say it, as a man, I do think he's a gentleman, as a manager of Liverpool, he is completely out of his depth and must go. Primarily, he should go for what he is doing to our beloved club, but he should also go for the sake of his own health, can you imagine what it must be like knowing that literally every single Liverpool fan dispises you, the pressure he is under?? I genuinly don't want him to have a heart attack because of what is happening, he has certainly aged a great deal in 6 months. So please Roy, please resign for your sake, and the sake of Liverpool football club.

Happy New Year.
Take us back to the champions league....

http://twitter.com/#!/TimGale031181

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #496 on: January 1, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »
Why is it ludicrous?

Because he doesn't actually know what FSG's plan will be, all he's done is look at what they've done with Red Sox and think they would attempt to do the same thing here. , its a different sport, different climate, anyone with average footballing knowledge would tell you that appointing a manager who is "young" or "ambitious" doesn't ensure winning. All that counts is a track record.  I truly believe that the same names coming up for the CEO and Management jobs only show that people arent really analysing the situation with a cool head. ...To put it this way, when considering a manager just ask what chelsea or arsenal or even city would do. Would they appoint Villas? Coyle? ...No.

If we want to take such wild risks, why even have a CEO with footballing experience, lets just go for anybody who is "young" and "ambitious"

Secondly Comolli would not and should not have any choice over the manager. He is no expert, and is no more than a glorified scout.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 12:09:41 pm by MikkeB »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: January 1, 2011, 12:12:44 pm »
Laudrup, Boas, Flores or Garrido. Many good young managers out there hopefully the owners are pointed in the right direction to such managers.

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #498 on: January 1, 2011, 12:15:15 pm »
The worrying thing now is not only do we have a useless manager, we also have one who knows hes as good as gone. Where is the inspiration goin to come from? If you have read his last interview he comes across as someone really depressed and down in the dumps. Now surely that is a really dangerous thing to have at your club when the whole team is low on confidence, looking for answers and looking for someone who can motivate them enough to get them out of this whole. Wheres is motivation now goin to come from?... Roy?... I cant see it myself, he's goin to find it hard to motivate himself, nevermind anybody else.

No change there then really? When has Hodgson ever been able to instill confidence in the side??

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #499 on: January 1, 2011, 12:18:28 pm »

Roy will be OK. He'll get a handsome payout, and his friends and admirers in the media will ensure that he is painted as a martyr who was not at fault - it was that horrible Spaniard what done him up like a kipper, and them bladdy Scousers with their impatience and intolerance. He'll soon be back in work with a Premiership club, his contacts and LMA backscratchers will make sure of it.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #500 on: January 1, 2011, 12:21:35 pm »
Ian Dowie can fuck right off on Soccer Saturday right now as well.  Ususal Sky shite of Hodgson inheriting a poor squad bollocks.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #501 on: January 1, 2011, 12:22:22 pm »
Right...I'm going to say it, as a man, I do think he's a gentleman, as a manager of Liverpool, he is completely out of his depth and must go. Primarily, he should go for what he is doing to our beloved club, but he should also go for the sake of his own health, can you imagine what it must be like knowing that literally every single Liverpool fan dispises you, the pressure he is under?? I genuinly don't want him to have a heart attack because of what is happening, he has certainly aged a great deal in 6 months. So please Roy, please resign for your sake, and the sake of Liverpool football club.

Happy New Year.

Well said, I dont hate the man, I just think he is not the guy for us and needs to go sooner rather than later for the good of the club.
There is an article in todays Mirror where he is going on about how low he is feeling and how his family are trying to support him, part of me feels sorry for the fella, but the fan in me wants him sacked.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 1, 2011, 12:22:59 pm »
Ian Dowie should never be allowed to talk about football management.

Offline djphal

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: January 1, 2011, 12:23:09 pm »
I have a question,

Would you take a loss today and seal his fate for definate

Or a win that sees him remain in charge

Offline Craigthered

• Still Raging at Rafa. FAQ Off.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #504 on: January 1, 2011, 12:23:20 pm »
dowie and his crownies defending roy on ssn now sick
STILL CENSORED BY CLOWN MODS. FAQ OFF!

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #505 on: January 1, 2011, 12:24:33 pm »
That sounds like a whole lot of nonsense to me. I can't see why, if they had resolved to remove Roy, they would be afraid to be appear as if they were taking a decision. After all it's very clear that nobody (except possibly Roy's Mum and even that's not guaranteed) would criticise them for it.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #506 on: January 1, 2011, 12:25:33 pm »
Ian Dowie can fuck right off on Soccer Saturday right now as well.  Ususal Sky shite of Hodgson inheriting a poor squad bollocks.

Dowie needs to borrow a brain before he opens his fat gob, fucking moron.

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 1, 2011, 12:26:29 pm »
I have a question,

Would you take a loss today and seal his fate for definate

Or a win that sees him remain in charge

I think the result has no bearing on his future.
PSN:lr3487

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: January 1, 2011, 12:26:35 pm »
dowie and his crownies defending roy on ssn now sick

There's no harm in defending the guy but they should at least use valid arguments to back him.

Offline Ryde-On

• Kicks off down Mathew Street if he hasn't managed to pull a clap-ridden whore on a Saturday
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aye.
« Reply #509 on: January 1, 2011, 12:26:54 pm »
Paul Walsh is the only person talking sense, on Soccer Saturday.

Dowie showing himself to be rightfully unemployed.

royhendo

« Reply #510 on: January 1, 2011, 12:27:48 pm »
Idiots and Walshy trying to talk sense. Idiots. Cottee tries to bring in Rafa to the equation. Stelling, Jesus. Absolutely pathetic how these people perceive and cover the clubs. 

Offline Enemy

• Fairly low-maintenance pritsatoixouphobic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 1, 2011, 12:28:22 pm »
I can't understand any the cynicism or negativity about this press release. People were moaning all last week about the amount of silence from the owners, the uncertainty and the want for Roy to leave and now they've come out and confirmed it people moan again? Damned if you do and damned if you don't. It comforts me greatly to know something is DEFINITELY being done as opposed to us just speculating.
Enemy, at that time, and now, I cant think of anything good to say about her. She's still being a c*nt

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: January 1, 2011, 12:29:53 pm »
I think the result has no bearing on his future.

Best not either.

Offline amir87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 1, 2011, 12:29:58 pm »
Idiots and Walshy trying to talk sense. Idiots. Cottee tries to bring in Rafa to the equation. Stelling, Jesus. Absolutely pathetic how these people perceive and cover the clubs. 

And then Stelling uses Villa Boas and Klopp as examples of managers that Liverpool fans won't be happy about. Clueless.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #514 on: January 1, 2011, 12:30:48 pm »

Amazingly, Lawro on the BBC today has actually been nailing the issues pretty spot on. Has just said Hodgson has been insulting the intelligence of the Liverpool supporters and has nowhere else to go. Perhaps I shouldn't be amazed really all things considered.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #515 on: January 1, 2011, 12:31:00 pm »
And then Stelling uses Villa Boas and Klopp as examples of managers that Liverpool fans won't be happy about. Clueless.

Stelling: "What about these names being linked with the job. The Porto manager Villas Boas, the Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp, these aren't the names that Liverpool fans want to hear linked with the job, are they?!"

Panel: "No, absolutely not".

:lmao

Seriously, that's just fucking gold. Who should we be linked with Stelling? O'Neill? Big Sam?
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #516 on: January 1, 2011, 12:33:37 pm »
Stelling: "What about these names being linked with the job. The Porto manager Villas Boas, the Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp, these aren't the names that Liverpool fans want to hear linked with the job, are they?!"

Seriously, that's just fucking gold. Who should we be linked with Stelling? O'Neill? Big Sam?

i agree

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #517 on: January 1, 2011, 12:33:47 pm »

The English football old boys network backslapping backscratching culture is fucking rank. I hate it.

Thats why Rafa was torn apart by them like a lynchmob.

Perpetual middle fingers right up in your faces, you c*nts.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2011, 12:35:23 pm by Stussy »
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
« Reply #518 on: January 1, 2011, 12:34:39 pm »
He's leaving. Hopefully someone will also kick his butt on the way out.
Oh, can he take the best 23 that ever played for Liverpool with him?
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 1, 2011, 12:34:46 pm »

They have never heard of these names so they assume we haven't either.

Clueless twats.