Author Topic: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread  (Read 59459 times)

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
Re: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2011, 06:55:04 pm »
i am having a crisis with this phone

i synced my work email/calender and it refused to send any emails out from my outbox and proceeded to wipe my work calender off the server

is there any way to get emails another way?

Dont you need to put your work mail server info in?. Maybe blocked from your work's IT policy?
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2011, 08:49:52 pm »
I have recently changed to the S2 from the Desire. Although I loved my Desire and I still think it's a great phone, the S2 is brilliant! Beautiful screen, light, and lightening quick for starters!
Cheers mate thanks a lot, looks like the obvious upgrade for me. I remember you from the Desire thread actually  :wave
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Neoto

• Anny Roader
  • $_$
« Reply #202 on: September 14, 2011, 11:07:10 pm »
Sounds like a cracking deal that when you consider that on the Vodafone website 600mins, unlimited texts, 500mb interest is listed at £36 per month and £99 for a white S2.

OK I didn't realise the deal was that good! Quite chuffed now :P

How the fuck you manage that. I was paying 35 for my 18 month desire contract. My upgrade deal was more or less what you have, but 750mb data + 50 photo messages but for 40 quid a month

I honestly don't know. All I know is I spoke to Mark from Vodafone sales in Belfast on 191.

Pleasant surprise as usually Vodafone aren't normally that competitive on deals. Thing is I didn't even ask for a deal... I was just asking him about different price plans on 12 and 18 month contracts and he just came out and said if I go to an 18 month deal he could start applying discounts. Then after knocking £5 off my existing deal, without me even asking he put me on hold spoke to his manager and got me £22.50 a month. The last 3 months of the deal it goes back to £30 a month, but he added that once I'm in the last 3 months of my contract I'm allowed to renegotiate and get an upgrade... which is probably what will happen anyway.

As I said it was my birthday. That and I've been with Vodafone on £30+ contracts since 2005.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2011, 07:28:30 pm »
Just now Upgraded my Virgin contract to one of these.

£20.53 PM,
Handset Charge = £6
200 Mins,
3000 Texts,
3000 Virgin to Virgin,
1GB Data.

So any tips with getting the best out of it and any decent apps ?

Cheers.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2011, 09:46:31 am »
We bit of a problem, I've just started to send e mails with the phone. Now when im tryin to send a text message and i go into my contacts the e mail addresses come up go my contacts section, don't want this go case someone tries to send a text from my phone and can see who im e mailing!
Bada Bing!

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:07 am »
We bit of a problem, I've just started to send e mails with the phone. Now when im tryin to send a text message and i go into my contacts the e mail addresses come up go my contacts section, don't want this go case someone tries to send a text from my phone and can see who im e mailing!

Go into contacts, click menu key (bottom left), more, display options, under the bit where it says ‘Select contacts to display’ click on the email account and then deselect all of them (them being co-workers, family etc).

That worked for me anyway. All my contacts show now are phone numbers on my sim and or phone. No email addresses.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: September 21, 2011, 10:18:29 am »
pimp!

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #207 on: September 21, 2011, 11:51:18 am »
Go into contacts, click menu key (bottom left), more, display options, under the bit where it says ‘Select contacts to display’ click on the email account and then deselect all of them (them being co-workers, family etc).

That worked for me anyway. All my contacts show now are phone numbers on my sim and or phone. No email addresses.
no, still the same!
Bada Bing!

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2011, 12:06:11 pm »
Also just noticed that you can't delete emails permanently on this phone. You can send then to the recycle bin but can't delete them from there
Bada Bing!

Offline redandred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2011, 02:35:47 pm »
as we all know the battery is the weak point, hence i was thinking of getting pair of batteries and i need some suggestion. is it good to buy the replacement battery or genuine one? will the replacement battery will have the ill effect on the phone itself?? any help or suggestion please, thanks

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2011, 03:28:26 pm »
I was going to get one of these next month, but today I just seen the Galaxy Note is due out in November.  It looks a lot like the S2 and reportedly performs just as well but with a bigger screen + a stylus pen.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »
I was going to get one of these next month, but today I just seen the Galaxy Note is due out in November.  It looks a lot like the S2 and reportedly performs just as well but with a bigger screen + a stylus pen.

Bigger screen :o
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2011, 10:40:00 pm »
Bigger screen than this and you might as well buy a tablet. I'm a big guy, with big hands, and although I can still reach around the whole phone and reach anywhere on the screen with my fingers, it's barely.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2011, 06:26:26 pm »
Also just noticed that you can't delete emails permanently on this phone. You can send then to the recycle bin but can't delete them from there
is it possible to setup the email app to delete emails on the Yahoo server when deleted on the phone? Tia

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2011, 07:56:59 pm »
is it possible to setup the email app to delete emails on the Yahoo server when deleted on the phone? Tia
don't know what ya mean, what's the app?
Bada Bing!

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:24 pm »

The email client shipped with the phone has this option in account settings -> incoming settings -> delete from server, when deleted from inbox. HTH
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2011, 08:37:37 pm »

I can ?
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50:07 pm »
On your g mail?
Bada Bing!

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2011, 09:01:01 pm »
On your g mail?

I can delete them from the trash folder on my phone - you did say phone.
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2011, 10:13:35 pm »
Yeah the g mail on my phone, its says delete to recycle bin but mot delete permanent
Bada Bing!

Offline Fighting Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • I wouldn't ride her into battle !!!
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2011, 10:22:18 pm »
Yeah the g mail on my phone, its says delete to recycle bin but mot delete permanent

Gmail thrash empties itself every 30 days if you don't manually empty it!!

Offline junior soprano

• Anny Roader
« Reply #221 on: September 23, 2011, 10:26:17 pm »
Happy days, cheers
Bada Bing!

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2011, 08:13:13 am »
The email client shipped with the phone has this option in account settings -> incoming settings -> delete from server, when deleted from inbox. HTH

That's great thanks.

Offline Noh

• Main Stander
« Reply #223 on: September 26, 2011, 04:15:24 pm »
http://youtu.be/kJEHp15Hoo0

It will release next year!!
Once a Reds, Always Reds!

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 26, 2011, 05:00:50 pm »
i wonder how bendy they'll be once they add the actual phone and battery,
STFU and agree with me.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #225 on: September 26, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »
i wonder how bendy they'll be once they add the actual phone and battery,
Still very impressive though!

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2011, 02:13:12 am »
Anyone know how to disable the ascending ringtone?
I may just be stupid and overlooked something but I couldn't see it...
I just want my ringtone to be at one, constant volume.

And every time I go to incoming settings, it just asks me to login, and then goes back to the previous screen.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 02:20:54 am by ozzy-red »
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Neoto

• Anny Roader
  • $_$
« Reply #227 on: September 28, 2011, 04:00:52 am »
http://youtu.be/kJEHp15Hoo0

It will release next year!!

If they ever released phones that were that bendy, I'd be paranoid about accidentally folding the thing in half in my pocket. I'm sure that would be enough to permanently damage them.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2011, 07:40:36 am »
How the fuck you manage that. I was paying 35 for my 18 month desire contract. My upgrade deal was more or less what you have, but 750mb data + 50 photo messages but for 40 quid a month

Ring them at the end of your contract. Make sure you go through to cancellations department/ customer retentions. Say you are going to cancel as you want 'Phone X' on Pay as you go. If you're paying like £35 a month they will likely cut your contract in half. I started with £35 a month about 3 years ago. I'm now on a Galaxy S2  for £11 a month and £6 insurance.

More info: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cut-mobile-tariff

It may seem like being tight to some people, but the money to be saved is phenomenal.

Works a treat with Orange.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Neoto

• Anny Roader
  • $_$
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2011, 02:20:18 pm »
My bro tried to get the same deal as me... turns out you have to get lucky with Vodafone as to which call centre you get routed to. He was denied as he had gotten through to a Vodafone call centre in the UK. The Belfast office seem to be able to offer more deals because bizarrely they are not actually Vodafone but some sales contractors that they have to supplement their own call centres. So the trick is it seems is to keep dialing 191 until you get through to an irish sounding bloke then they can do bonkers deals for you.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #230 on: October 2, 2011, 08:46:28 pm »
Does anybody have any advice on playing the 1080p video footage taken on the S2 on my tv? My thoughts were to convert the file into something the ps3 will recognise and play through that. Ist

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #231 on: October 2, 2011, 09:22:58 pm »
I've called Vodafone twice now to try and get my dad one of these as an upgrade to his Desire since the contract is running out. One based in the Uk, the other was based in India, both offered me nothing. All they said was that they could knock the fee for the phone off but i would still be paying £31pm. Guess i should just keep calling till i get what i want.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 3, 2011, 10:18:23 am »
Bit of an odd request...

Basically either I have turned a feature on on my phone or a friend has done it taking the piss. Whenever I get a text or a call it says "message received from number 0 7 8 etc etc..." and I mean literally says it in a robot voice! How on earth do I turn this crazy feature OFF!!

Thanks in advance
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #233 on: October 3, 2011, 10:26:55 pm »
Does anybody have any advice on playing the 1080p video footage taken on the S2 on my tv? My thoughts were to convert the file into something the ps3 will recognise and play through that. Ist

If you have a TV with HDMI input I believe there are connectors out there which enable playback -> micro USB to HDMI

Never used one mind try Amazon or Mobilefun, burglarbay probably have 'em too.
A Great man once said...
It is terribly simple."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #234 on: October 4, 2011, 05:45:38 pm »
I've had this for couple of weeks now and I love it. Fantastic. The only downfall is trying to take pics of yerself and a mate is almost impossible unless you use the front camera.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #235 on: October 4, 2011, 07:40:32 pm »
If you have a TV with HDMI input I believe there are connectors out there which enable playback -> micro USB to HDMI

Never used one mind try Amazon or Mobilefun, burglarbay probably have 'em too.
I will take a look thanks

Offline AK20

• Kopite
  • Fedor Emelianenko
« Reply #236 on: October 5, 2011, 11:11:29 pm »
Just came  in  here to leave  a message on my new  galaxy  :) great phone!!

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #237 on: October 6, 2011, 06:10:37 pm »
Going to order one of these, best deal iv seen is 200 minutes, 3000 texts 750mb, free phone for 26.00 a month 24monts on orange. Anybody seen any better?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Online momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: October 6, 2011, 06:26:19 pm »
Going to order one of these, best deal iv seen is 200 minutes, 3000 texts 750mb, free phone for 26.00 a month 24monts on orange. Anybody seen any better?

You got Virgin media? Because I get 600 minutes, 3000 texts, 3000 minutes to virgin mobiles, 1gb and free phone for 19.63 18 month contract on Virgin.

Or if not 500 mins 5000 texts 1gb on 3 got to pay 130 for the phone though then 17.00 month contract. Can use quidco to get around 60.00 back. Orange might price match it if you'd rather be with them.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-galaxy-s2-129-99-17-per-month-500-mins-5000-text-1gb-internet-affordable-1030557
« Last Edit: October 6, 2011, 06:28:22 pm by momo22 »
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #239 on: October 6, 2011, 07:12:56 pm »
The upfront cost for 0 is nessacery though mate, Iv ended up going with 300 minutes 3000 texts 500mb internet with vodafone for 26.00 a month.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly