Author Topic: Half Price Hooligans  (Read 239701 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Half Price Hooligans
« Reply #960 on: December 21, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
In regards to the Millwall Doc and Joking aside for a moment.  Just read this. Apparently taken from a Crystal Palace forum a few years back

Billy took his own life on Saturday. Despite him having a laugh over here recently we could tell early on he was suffering from depression and paranoia. By the end of his trip he had told us he'd tried to hang himself a few weeks before because of problems that he could see no way out of. We found out yesterday he died on Saturday after having tried again just after he got back from his holiday 10 days ago. His daughter went into labour the next day. Hellish illness.

:(

Offline Zinc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • All Good, Clean Fun...(whatever that means)...
« Reply #961 on: December 21, 2016, 07:10:27 pm »
One of the social workers came to my desk at work today and began by stating "aren't Liverpool fans a lovely bunch". He then proceeded to tell me of a time back in 1972 when he was getting off at Luton station where Liverpool fans were " rioting and all other passengers "had to be protected by the police. But one Liverpool fan punched me in the face".

I asked him if he knew the reason for the "rioting" (as he referred to it). He didn't know.

He's a West Ham fan.

I just had to laugh that the guy had to recall an incident from 1972 to justify his initial comment.

Meanwhile in 2016, at the London Stadium.... (!)
twitter: @ampersandad

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #962 on: December 21, 2016, 07:30:21 pm »
 :lmao
Oh please. A West Ham fan talking about us being a "lovely bunch".
Suppose their antics right through the 70s and 80s passed him by. He needs to look a little closer to home before throwing stones in his glass house.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: December 21, 2016, 07:46:31 pm »
One of the social workers came to my desk at work today and began by stating "aren't Liverpool fans a lovely bunch". He then proceeded to tell me of a time back in 1972 when he was getting off at Luton station where Liverpool fans were " rioting and all other passengers "had to be protected by the police. But one Liverpool fan punched me in the face".

I asked him if he knew the reason for the "rioting" (as he referred to it). He didn't know.

He's a West Ham fan.

I just had to laugh that the guy had to recall an incident from 1972 to justify his initial comment.

Probably asking for it by gobbing off the prick

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #964 on: December 21, 2016, 08:46:53 pm »

He's a West Ham fan.

Why would we have been in Luton in 72...

The Rd End only started in 75 on the night we played Hibernian in the UEFA Cup-previous to that there was no fighting at Anfield, not organised by a gang anyway-it was from that night on that we started...and we were no older than lots of the kids that we see and laugh at in here.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #965 on: December 21, 2016, 09:07:23 pm »
;D

What are those blue yokes they're wearing on their heads at the end. Look like something out of the oompa loompas tv scene

They were used as a piss take by Millwall fans, that wasn't a thing for them, it was just for that documentary.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #966 on: December 22, 2016, 07:02:16 am »
Billy Plummer Millwall, when I lived down London `80`s, Billy used the same boozer as myself, I knew him as Billy Kelly then. He was a sound guy, typical Millwall fan a bit mad sometimes. Call me a scarse git every now and then but as I say he was sound. He got in touch via a mutual friend about a year before his death. he was gonna come up to Blackpool with Millwall, then come to Liverpool after the game. Never happened pity really. anyway RIP Billy a proper Deptford character.
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #967 on: December 22, 2016, 02:17:45 pm »
Why would we have been in Luton in 72...

The Rd End only started in 75 on the night we played Hibernian in the UEFA Cup-previous to that there was no fighting at Anfield, not organised by a gang anyway-it was from that night on that we started...and we were no older than lots of the kids that we see and laugh at in here.

There were kick offs in the Road End a lot earlier than 75 mate. Can remember loads personally as I had a season ticket there from 73 and used to stand against the back wall and watch it go off. United got relegated in 74 and they got twatted in there that season.

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #968 on: December 22, 2016, 03:39:27 pm »
As it's Christmas :) was sent this one...

Antarctica v North Pole away...

Offline BigJumper

• Anny Roader
« Reply #969 on: December 22, 2016, 04:45:27 pm »
Them North Pole penguins must have swam in just for the ruck because there are no penguins in the North Pole    :-X  ;)

Offline itsalltosh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #970 on: December 22, 2016, 05:42:46 pm »
Them North Pole penguins must have swam in just for the ruck because there are no penguins in the North Pole    :-X  ;)

Was hoping that nobody would pick up on the obvious error :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #971 on: December 25, 2016, 02:49:00 pm »

He looks like he's someones flat mate   ;)

Thanks to whichever mod enabled the posting; much appreciated  :thumbup
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: December 25, 2016, 02:59:50 pm »
He looks like he's someones flat mate   ;)

Thanks to whichever mod enabled the posting; much appreciated  [emoji106]
Haha you know each other?
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #973 on: December 25, 2016, 03:19:11 pm »
Haha you know each other?

Nah.
Look at the picture; he looks flat from the chest down  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #974 on: December 25, 2016, 03:25:39 pm »

He's a West Ham fan.

Unless, there'd been a Euston/Lime St Football Special rerouted, there'd have been no LFC fans on a Luton line train, not in 72. They got promoted the following season. Goes to Nottingham and all that from St Pancras that line.

It did kick off at Luton though when they came up. As I remember we had to run the gauntlet down an alley with high walls to get to the away end. Street battles and skirmishes on the way back to town and the station. No casuals then, just loads of young Reds with silkies, denim jackets and such, standard early 70's football clobber.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #975 on: December 25, 2016, 11:50:03 pm »
https://twitter.com/OzzySWFC_/status/791217689217921024

Be worried Derby fans...

Your quuff looks solid fella.

Read the comments .

;D
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: December 26, 2016, 12:35:46 am »
If I remember didnt we take a load of arl arse down in 89 and twatted Millwall. It was a Sunday and I didnt for some reason. At the end off the game you could hear a roar go up and see Liverpool legging Millwall in the stands.

Anyone ?

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #977 on: December 26, 2016, 08:32:19 am »
If I remember didnt we take a load of arl arse down in 89 and twatted Millwall. It was a Sunday and I didnt for some reason. At the end off the game you could hear a roar go up and see Liverpool legging Millwall in the stands.

Anyone ?

I was there but don't recall that. Awful pit of an away end though. It did kick off at the New Den many years later. Took plenty of old school faces down for that night game.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: December 26, 2016, 11:58:01 am »
I was there but don't recall that. Awful pit of an away end though. It did kick off at the New Den many years later. Took plenty of old school faces down for that night game.

It was the FA Cup one.  I was there for the 88 league game. Ive spoken to a few Road Enders about the cup game and they say the same thing. We were fuckin naughty that day or words to that effect. Nicky Alt mentions it in his book but could have any one of the games in the late 80s down there. He says it was like a Road End reunion or something.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: December 26, 2016, 01:22:02 pm »

You can always tell a loan scouser at a footie away. They walk like penguin with their head swivelling around clocking everything.

I read that in a book years ago ( written by a Liverpool fan ) and it's true.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: December 26, 2016, 01:43:16 pm »

The build up to the game is on youtube but cant post the link.

Theer's a few comments on there and one by someone called roadend78 who  says Liverpool got into their stands and Millwall got on their toes.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #981 on: December 26, 2016, 02:34:05 pm »

Anyone ?

My cousin was there for that. We got into their stand and they gave it legs. If I recall correctly, this moment was caught on telly. You could hear the roar and see Millwall scattering as Reds waded in to them.  Millwall arse was duely kicked.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: December 26, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »
My cousin was there for that. We got into their stand and they gave it legs. If I recall correctly, this moment was caught on telly. You could hear the roar and see Millwall scattering as Reds waded in to them.  Millwall arse was duely kicked.

That's what Iam on about.

Read my other posts.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #985 on: January 2, 2017, 12:38:36 pm »
https://www.facebook.com/awaydaybible/videos/654917638002655/
Haha. You want some!

Might as well have been a Power Rangers costume he pulled on

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #986 on: January 6, 2017, 11:18:53 am »

Liam ‏@liam__whu  14h14 hours ago
@ManCity Send your toughest boys to stratford tomorrow, me and the squad won't take any shit, be warned we'll be waiting for you #COYI ⚒⚒

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #987 on: January 6, 2017, 11:34:59 am »
https://www.facebook.com/awaydaybible/videos/654917638002655/
You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #988 on: January 6, 2017, 12:20:55 pm »

I love to go a-wandering,
Along the mountain track,
And as I go, I love to sing,
My knapsack on my back.
Chorus:
Val-deri,Val-dera,
Val-deri,
Val-dera-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-deri,Val-dera.
My knapsack on my back.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #989 on: January 6, 2017, 12:35:13 pm »

What are they going to do - ramble them to death?

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: January 6, 2017, 12:59:15 pm »

I think he's posted a picture from his GCSE geography field trip by mistake. 

Man City's "toughest boys" be warned, don't come to Stratford and start spouting bollocks about soil erosion as class 11B won't be taking any of your shit. You might get a clipboard round the head.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: January 6, 2017, 02:19:44 pm »

If I were a Man City "tough boy" I'd be shaking. These lot have a ghost among their crew. I'm pretty sure the lad with the cap sitting on the fence is translucent.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #992 on: January 6, 2017, 08:36:56 pm »

What the fuck is that balloonhead in the middle doing with his arm? I first thought he had a bloke next to him's head under that blue arm of the bloke behind  ::)

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #993 on: January 6, 2017, 10:01:10 pm »
What are they going to do - ramble them to death?
;D
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #994 on: January 6, 2017, 11:23:01 pm »
The lad in grey shorts looks like Blakeys grandson
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: January 13, 2017, 12:54:00 pm »

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #996 on: January 13, 2017, 01:13:12 pm »
Bouncy floors up in Scotland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0xPGwlc58
Reminds me of the John Lewis Christmas advert  ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #997 on: January 13, 2017, 03:49:01 pm »
Bouncy floors up in Scotland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW0xPGwlc58

;D

I've seen more aggro getting on a rush hour tube in London.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #998 on: January 14, 2017, 08:13:31 pm »
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #999 on: January 15, 2017, 07:00:25 pm »
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:01:59 pm by FiSh77 »