Author Topic: Adam Peaty  (Read 921 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Adam Peaty
« on: July 25, 2017, 05:42:10 pm »
I know Swimming only really gets watched during the Olympics but Adam Peaty is fairly incredible. After his Olympics antics he's in action at the World Championships. Won the 100m Breaststroke with ease yesterday and has just broken the 50m World Record twice in a day in the heats today, becoming the first man to swim it in under 26 seconds. I know nothing about times in swimming compared to athletics but seems very quick anyway! He's in a league of his own. Sadly the 50m isn't an Olympic event so he's never going to tack up a host of medals in his career but he seems very impressive anyway.

Can probably close the thread here but good to see a British guy dominating a world event.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Re: Adam Peaty
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:47:53 pm »
The lad is from my home town - my sister used to swim in the same swimming club as him (beat him as well when they were both kids :P) and one of my mates looks after his cat when his family are out of the country for competitions. :D

It's absolutely incredible what he has achieved and he's still only 22. He has the 10 fastest times in history in the 100m breaststroke and he has just broken the world record twice in one day in the 50m which isn't even his main event. The man is simply brilliant.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:21:37 pm »
Scrawny wee bastard an'all.......
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 06:27:59 pm »
can breath through his ears. Thats why the ladies love him

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2017, 07:32:25 pm »
He's head and shoulders above the rest, I think he's got the 10 fastest times in history in the 100m!!!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 05:24:22 pm »
He's just gone under 26 seconds again to win the 50m world title. Missed his own world record by 4 hundredths of a second.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now