Author Topic: T20 Cricket Thread  (Read 10689 times)

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: T20 Cricket Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2017, 03:55:35 pm »
RCB are an absolute disgrace this season. Kohli (10 runs), Gayle (8 runs) & Head (0 runs) all gone early, they're now 22-3 after 4.2 overs.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2017, 06:44:29 pm »
anyone know why none of the cheerleaders in the ipl are indian?

Offline amirani

• Legacy Fan
  • Carolina Red!
« Reply #122 on: May 1, 2017, 07:01:05 pm »
What a time to get his first hundred in T20 cricket.. some lovely cricket by Ben Stokes to help Pune win against Gujarat Lions.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 1, 2017, 07:47:44 pm »
Ben chokes is no more, serious all rounder now

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 5, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »
Watching Shane Watson bowl is fucking painful, he's been so bad!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: May 5, 2017, 05:33:19 pm »
Kohli out for 6 and Gayle out for 0 - beyond embarrassing!!

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #126 on: May 5, 2017, 06:01:21 pm »
Kohli out for 6 and Gayle out for 0 - beyond embarrassing!!

There is something deeply wrong with this RCB team. Something more than that is being shown on the pitch. I know there are some issues with the India team in preparation for the Champions Trophy, and with Kohli being captain you wonder if that is playing on his mind and affecting the team.

Gayle looks fucked though, seems to have aged quickly.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #127 on: May 5, 2017, 06:38:09 pm »
There is something deeply wrong with this RCB team. Something more than that is being shown on the pitch. I know there are some issues with the India team in preparation for the Champions Trophy, and with Kohli being captain you wonder if that is playing on his mind and affecting the team.

The shots Kohli and De Villiers played were just ridiculous. They only need 130 odd yet both out charging down the pitch, they only needed to just keep picking up a few per over.

Still not sure on Kohli as a captain either, he looks too wound up to me in the field. I bet he is a hard man to play for.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 5, 2017, 07:15:16 pm »

Both Kohli and Devilliers rushed from injury too quickly.

Gayle and Watson playing like 70 year old.

Wasting Jadhav by forcing him to keep which he has never done before.

Their whole team is a miss.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 6, 2017, 09:23:38 am »
For next year they need to revamp the team or at least a portion of it, obviously keep de Villiers but Watson and Gayle need to go and be replaced.
The pathetic batting at the top of the order is putting needless pressure on the bowlers who have carried the team for the entire competition (granted it's not resulted in wins).

When you go into the final over having only conceded 119 overs just for Watson to go and bowl like a 10 year old and concede 20, that must be so frustrating for the rest of the bowlers. It baffles me as to why you'd give him the final over to bowl in to be honest. He's done with.

Kohli needs to stop letting things bother him so much. When something affects him he lets it dwindle for a ridiculously long time, he needs to let shit go and get his head back in the game.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 6, 2017, 09:34:41 am »

For next year they need to revamp the team or at least a portion of it, obviously keep de Villiers but Watson and Gayle need to go and be replaced.
The pathetic batting at the top of the order is putting needless pressure on the bowlers who have carried the team for the entire competition (granted it's not resulted in wins).

When you go into the final over having only conceded 119 overs just for Watson to go and bowl like a 10 year old and concede 20, that must be so frustrating for the rest of the bowlers. It baffles me as to why you'd give him the final over to bowl in to be honest. He's done with.

Kohli needs to stop letting things bother him so much. When something affects him he lets it dwindle for a ridiculously long time, he needs to let shit go and get his head back in the game.

Next year most likely all the players will go into the auction as ten year block is over.

Not sure whether they can even retain Kohli

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 6, 2017, 09:36:13 am »
Rishabh Pant will be bought for a lot of money in next year's auction if he's available. He could end up being one of the most expensive players. I hope franchises can retain a couple of players and I certainly hope Delhi would keep him.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 6, 2017, 10:07:25 pm »
Delhi got a hell of a kicking today, they lost by 146 runs!

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 6, 2017, 11:11:32 pm »

There's been some very strange results this year in the IPL.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 7, 2017, 04:12:11 am »
That's what happens when you load the batting with too many inexperienced youngsters .Can't expect them to be consistent on a regular basis.

That's why it's stupid of them not to play Sam Billings in the top order.He atleast brings some experience to the team in the top order .Losing Decock was a big blow to Delhi.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 7, 2017, 11:03:44 am »
That's what happens when you load the batting with too many inexperienced youngsters .Can't expect them to be consistent on a regular basis.

That's why it's stupid of them not to play Sam Billings in the top order.He atleast brings some experience to the team in the top order .Losing Decock was a big blow to Delhi.

Billings is with the England team so he couldn't play yesterday. I agree about the inexperience in the team though, Karun Nair has been a big disappointment, Shreyas Iyer hasn't done much this year either.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 7, 2017, 12:40:15 pm »
Chris Gayle's last 2 games - 3 balls, 0 runs

:lmao

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 8, 2017, 02:26:49 pm »
Sunil Narine can bat! He reached 50 off 15 balls yesterday.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 8, 2017, 03:16:07 pm »

I love watching that guy bat. No fear and just swings for the fences.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 8, 2017, 03:18:55 pm »
I love watching that guy bat. No fear and just swings for the fences.

I watched highlights on the IPL website and he hit a few lovely shots over long off. Had no idea he was that good with the bat.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #140 on: May 8, 2017, 06:48:41 pm »

Do many other teams go with this 'pitch hitter' approach? It might be how T20 evolves a little. Of course many teams like having a McCullum, Gayle, Lynn etc at the top of the order but those guys are legit batsmen who just love clubbing it everywhere. I mean in a sense of having a lower order batsman who can get runs, putting him at the top of the order and almost having him as a free wicket if you like.

If he gets out for 5 runs then no harm done, he might not have batted much anyway. But if he does what Narine has been doing and gets a quick fire 30 in the powerplay then he's done his job, the proper batsmen come in and the pressure is off, some runs are on the board and you are essentially 30-0 with the chance to get set.

In fact, I remember going to watch a Lancashire T20 game last summer and I'm sure they had Jordan Clark open the batting, a bowler but a guy who is handy with the bat lower down. He clubbed a few and then got out.