Author Topic: West Ham United vs Liverpool (Premier League) - 12:30, Saturday 27th April  (Read 6020 times)

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Let’s confirm a CL place ASAP and hope spurs are great at home and crap away and Villa the opposite

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We're 14 points ahead of Spurs.  ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Just win and 3 tap in's for Nunez would be nice.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
We're 14 points ahead of Spurs.  ;D

And they play us, Abu Dhabi and arsenal.  They'll surely win out ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Thanks for the OP jack.

Often feels like we don’t have a good record away to these, but it’s not actually too bad. They’ve also been in pretty poor form of late, so this feels like a match we could and probably should win.

I’d like to see Elliott start again, think he’s been massively underused as a starter of late and hopefully Gakpo is back in, in the same form he’s been showing of late.

We’ll definitely need to compete better than we did Wednesday night though, but do that and I’m pretty hopeful we’ll take the 3 points.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Great OP Jack.
Excited for this one

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Pressure is off I suppose. Let’s not go out with a simper

3-0 Liverpool

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Pressure is off AND the players know they have a new set of eyes on them.

Everyone should be jostling and thinking about their futures for next season.

Jayden Danns deserves some minutes too; perhaps he can show Darwin what to do when he has the whole goal to aim at.

3-1 to us.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Has a draw written all over it. All that matters now is the two home games against Spurs and Wolves where Klopp will get a huge send off.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Need to unleash our anger on them.

Hopefully we should be able to scrape a 2-1 win.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
Meh friendly or to impress the new manager. Might be worth some of these players showing some fight.

Score predictions …. Does it matter?

Online petercormack

• Main Stander
All went wrong when we stopped playing the kids in all honesty.
Wouldn't be surprised if there are 1st teamers thinking about their next move and don't want to get themselves injured.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Expecting a similar performance to the away game against Southampton at the end of last season. Players going to the Euros in the summer may not want to risk injuries by throwing themselves into challenges.

I think the game will be wide open, end to end, and unfortunately our forwards are not going to get us anywhere near 4 goals this time.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 09:20:54 am by Gili Gulu »
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Thanks for the well researched OP Jack.

Ok so here we go again, full of expectation and hope. We've seen a run of poor form just when we needed the opposite. We're not out of the league yet and so we do need to keep attacking and scoring. There really are no excuses left for allowing the other team to dominate us and win most of the battles. We need to dust ourselves down and go for this.

West Ham will be confident that they can win especially if we gift them the first goal. They will probably try to stay tight to Mac and press high. We've not been able to cope with teams that have closely marked and been physical.

Klopp needs to play who is freshest and who wants it most. Too many of our players have hidden and not won their duels. It's all fine when we are attacking and have the sun on our backs but we need to dig in and get tackles in......get stuck in.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 09:39:33 am by stockdam »
#JFT97

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
Pressure is off really so it would be nice to go out there and play some decent footy and win.

Reality is we probably go a goal down early doors and struggle.

However would be nice to win our remaining games and who knows maybe nick 2nd from Arsenal.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Remember Gerrard's send off at Stoke? Can we please at least make sure we have some proper Jürgen Klopp performances to end on something of a positive?

Offline KC7

• Main Stander
Wouldn't be surprised if there are 1st teamers thinking about their next move and don't want to get themselves injured.

Definitely not the case at all. There's been no lack of effort or pulling out of anything. If anything they have wanted it too much with it being Klopp's last year. You could see the desperation in the 2nd half of the Palace game.

Think what has happened is that we have been ropey all season (bar maybe 5 games where we were comfortable) playing with a disjointed midfield without a quality 6, and the team has shipped easy goals via a lack of midfield protection. When you go behind as often as we have (22 times I think it is now) it will catch up to you eventually. The Palace game the players were given a half to rescue it, and when that didn't happen you could see the belief of winning the league drain from them at full time. Think that game broke us. I'm sure the great man would love to have gone back and started with a different midfield, playing a shattered Endo less than 72 hours after he was targeted by Atalanta, with Palace again targeting him as they did in the previous fixture, we were easy pickings, gave away an entire half, and unfortunately with the pressure ramped up in the business end the players couldn't pull off another comeback.

The two games against a dreadful United where we shipped six rocked us, but the Atalanta and Palace games finished us off. Had those games been blips (as unlikely it is to have four blips) the players could have shook it off and went again, but they knew these were no blips and that we have been open all season, basic chances would be leaked, and every game would likely be an uphill battle. Mentally that's too much, especially at this stage. There was never any security of being defensively tight, and easing to a comfortable win.

The players have done remarkable this season with the comebacks, but there is only so many times they can keep going to the well. It's very difficult to try and wing it throughout an entire season, yet we somehow managed to do so up to a month before the end. Chances are there will be yet another comeback in a game before the season's end.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 09:57:18 am by KC7 »

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Imagine it’s the realisation he’s leaving.

It’s strange that we haven’t waited until the end of the season go announce Slot.
we've not announced Slot, nothing officially from the club at least
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
5 changes to the team apparently. No Salah.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
what's the team?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite

You spelt 'Mo' wrong.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
what's the team?
No idea mate, just seen leaks going around about 5 changes and no Salah

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
I'd guess maybe Mac (looks shattered), Trent (3 in 6 days would be silly and deserves dropping anyway), Mo as mentioned, Ibou and dunno, could be anyone, one of Curtis or Dom out for Grav.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
I'm going for a confident 3-0 to West Ham.

Lads are on the beach. Once one door closes, another opens.

Hoping we can all just relax now, bored with continual stress :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
I'd guess maybe Mac (looks shattered), Trent (3 in 6 days would be silly and deserves dropping anyway), Mo as mentioned, Ibou and dunno, could be anyone, one of Curtis or Dom out for Grav.
Imagine it’ll be Gakpo, Gravenberch, Elliot, Endo, Quansah. Gomez maybe for Robbo / Trent.

It’s daft because you’d want Konate up against Antonio but he was a shambles against DCL.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Imagine it’ll be Gakpo, Gravenberch, Elliot, Endo, Quansah. Gomez maybe for Robbo / Trent.

It’s daft because you’d want Konate up against Antonio but he was a shambles against DCL.

I’ve more confidence in Quansah than Konate at the moment. Konate has struggled a bit lately.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rumour is this

Alisson, Trent Quansah Van Dijk Robertson, Gravenberch Endo Mac Allister, Elliot Gakpo Diaz

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Not bothered about the result, very bothered about the mentality of some players. How they all respond to the shitshow at Goodison matters.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
Nunez also dropped/benched.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
Rumour is this

Alisson, Trent Quansah Van Dijk Robertson, Gravenberch Endo Mac Allister, Elliot Gakpo Diaz

Elliot on the wing again? This is lunacy.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
Rumour is this

Surprised Gomez hasn't come in for one of the fullbacks, not just because of 3 games in 6 days for trent and Robertson but to help at set pieces against a team who will be targeting us that way
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024, 10:46:38 am by William Regal »

Offline Hestoic

• Kopite
Rumour is this

Never seen the team leaked so accurately and consistently in all of Klopp's time here, than we have this season.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Can see both sides being disinterested you know. Both probably want the end of the season now. Any result will probably be frustrating after Wednesday.

Some players could really do with turning up today. Not massively arsed about the score but a half decent performance should result in victory.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
That forward three is thoroughly whelming IMO even though I'd play them all on attitude alone at the minute. I'd have gone Danns to start honestly.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
You spelt 'Mo' wrong.

Gakpo, Diaz and Elliot would be my guess.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
That forward three is thoroughly whelming IMO even though I'd play them all on attitude alone at the minute. I'd have gone Danns to start honestly.

I’ve seen whelming used a couple of times recently! Presumably disparagingly. At least you’re not underwhelmed by it so it can’t be too bad.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
Good news - son in law ( West Ham season ticket holder ) has got me and my son tickets - bad news - in with West Ham fans 😂 - still first away for years so will enjoy it

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
I’ve seen whelming used a couple of times recently! Presumably disparagingly. At least you’re not underwhelmed by it so it can’t be too bad.

Doesn't strike me as the most coherent unit of all time though as I say I think they're the ones who deserve to be playing. Salah and Nunez looking poor right now, no Jota etc. Not sure how much difference Gakpo would have made on Wednesday considering Diaz played well but I feel he'd have been more likely to put something away. I'd also have played Elliott in midfield today but would have dropped Salah, so fair enough he starts on the right.

Would have liked to have seen Danns start the last few to be honest. A nice little run in the side before the new manager comes in with pressure basically off, I know some still see it as a must win to stay in there but that'd just be delusional, it was fully gone after Palace if not United because we were never winning every game ourselves. Shame Bajcetic wasn't quite back earlier so he could play the last games. Would definitely keep Quansah in for the rest.

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Feels like this is the chance for some players to make a case for starting regularly. Hopefully they see it that way too.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
Rumour is this

Pretty much chosen on form. And rightly so.

Struggling to feel any excitement over this game though to be honest.