Author Topic: Top Republican Shot in Multiple Shooting  (Read 10682 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Top Republican Shot in Multiple Shooting
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2017, 05:34:56 pm »
I doubt it will be solved any time soon.

I am not planning on dying any time soon either...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2017, 05:44:39 pm »
I am not planning on dying any time soon either...

Hell will freeze over before America introduces strict gun laws like in Britain, Europe, or most anywhere else in the world. That's not to say that something won't be done or that the situation can't drastically be improved, but just not in that way.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2017, 05:59:10 pm »
America was built on slavery. There was a substantial lobby that made a lot of money from slaves. Never is a long time. It is a multi-generational problem, but it will probably be solved long after we are all dead.

An it always makes me laugh that people talk about constitutional rights when the 'bear arms' thing is an amendment to the constitution.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2017, 06:00:13 pm »
Hell will freeze over before America...

With Trump's attitude to Climate Change, it cannot be ruled out.

Offline JHova2427

• Enjoys a nice bit of halibut and is prepared to get stoned for it. 2427 times.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 15, 2017, 08:12:04 pm »
An it always makes me laugh that people talk about constitutional rights when the 'bear arms' thing is an amendment to the constitution.

That is true.  Along with Freedom of Speech, Press, and the right to Assemble. 

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #125 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:50 pm »
and giving women the right to vote and repealing slavery.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 15, 2017, 08:45:33 pm »
The 18th Amendment prohibited Alcohol and the 21st Amendment reinstated it. Slavery was written into the Constitution and it was abolished with the 13th Amendment. Votes for Women wasn't included in the original Constitution - that was the Nineteenth Amendment.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are not written in stone. They have adapted to circumstances over time and there's no reason why the 2nd Amendment couldn't be removed because it was written in a completely different time for a completely different set of circumstances. So admit Americans love guns because they get off on them, guns make them feel big or because they're stupid enough to think having hundreds of millions of firemans floating around the country will make them safer. And if tens of thousands of Americans die they should just admit that they don't give a fuck as long as they can play with their dick extensions. Don't pull the Constitution nonsense.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline JHova2427

• Enjoys a nice bit of halibut and is prepared to get stoned for it. 2427 times.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2017, 08:56:55 pm »
The 18th Amendment prohibited Alcohol and the 21st Amendment reinstated it. Slavery was written into the Constitution and it was abolished with the 13th Amendment. Votes for Women wasn't included in the original Constitution - that was the Nineteenth Amendment.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights are not written in stone. They have adapted to circumstances over time and there's no reason why the 2nd Amendment couldn't be removed because it was written in a completely different time for a completely different set of circumstances. So admit Americans love guns because they get off on them, guns make them feel big or because they're stupid enough to think having hundreds of millions of firemans floating around the country will make them safer. And if tens of thousands of Americans die they should just admit that they don't give a fuck as long as they can play with their dick extensions. Don't pull the Constitution nonsense.

I'm not sure the Bill of Rights has ever been altered, and it probably won't be.

I agree to a certain extent that people like guns as a dick extension.  Fair enough.  I also know for a fact that given the founding of the U.S. the people have a latent mistrust of government.  The idea that the government will come and take your guns is what some are afraid of as a first step towards allowing a step toward authoritarianism. 

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2017, 08:58:48 pm »
I suspect that there has been a shift in attitude to the Constitution. It has become so venerated that it is virtually impossible to pass amendments, even when they are needed. There is an amendment exactly because it was foreseen that the original draft would need review in changing circumstances. The idolatry of the Constitution is a little bizarre from the outside.   

An amendment written in 1789 being pored over to decide the law on grenade launchers is a nonsense. With the advent of modern firearms, the legislature should have clarified the meaning of the amendment, rather than leave it to the chance of which party can pack the Supreme Court.

The people who wrote the Constitution were smart, but were not Nostradamus, laws and constitutions need to constantly reviewed and updated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_amendments_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2017, 09:10:34 am »
I'm not sure the Bill of Rights has ever been altered, and it probably won't be.

I agree to a certain extent that people like guns as a dick extension.  Fair enough.  I also know for a fact that given the founding of the U.S. the people have a latent mistrust of government.  The idea that the government will come and take your guns is what some are afraid of as a first step towards allowing a step toward authoritarianism. 

It's slightly perverse as the Bill of Rights is wholly made up of alterations, 'amendments' to the original Constitution.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2017, 10:59:56 am »

Absolutely. It's not just a dick extension, it's more that America as a nation is inherently fearful.

And their response to fear isn't aspirational (i.e. what can we do so that we have less to fear), it's fearful and paranoid.

Compare responses to fears about knife/gun crime in London in the past twenty years, with responses in the US. Here, people became aware that carrying a weapon puts them (and others around them) at greater risk of being hurt - the idea that they are protection has been entirely shot down by evidence - therefore they took a leap of faith and started walking around 'unprotected'. Good things happened

In the States, even among rational reasonable people you encounter, the fear is so widespread. It's very easily manipulated too. The fear of their neighbour, the government, the taxman etc. is well established. Many Americans are faced with the same choices as Londoners had - do I arm myself, or do I not respond to my fear and go out without a weapon. Unforunately a cultural propensity to fear, makes widespread prevalence of weapons likely. And propensity among lawmakers and citizens to lax regulations (and to wilfully or ignorantly not understand their constitution) helps guarantee lots of scared citizens end up murdering/being murdered. When normalised in society, as it in the States (it's not a surprise to hear news of a pre-teen owning and killing with a gun anymore) it's only gets worse without a widespread will from people to stop shitting themselves about silly things. This doesn't seem imminent.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2017, 04:19:40 pm »
Awesome. Lets all pray it happens to those with the power.  Fingers crossed racist bigoted tit wanks at the head of the NRA whome funnily enough never speak up when blacks are harmed but sudddenly find their voices the other way around. Let them see what ot is like to suffer.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »
He got shot in the hip, he's in a stable condition. Few others injured.

Shooter in custody.
Shooter alive? He must be white.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2017, 07:04:37 pm »
This^

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2017, 07:06:30 pm »
and giving women the right to vote and repealing slavery.
But the plantations are still open and ripe for business. Guess who the canon fodder still is?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2017, 07:11:50 pm »
Shooter alive? He must be white.

Shooter died at the hospital.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2017, 11:42:55 pm »
Shooter died at the hospital.
So he didn't get taken to a burger king by the cops like they did to that cuck, dylan roof?

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: June 17, 2017, 12:08:57 am »
Absolutely. It's not just a dick extension, it's more that America as a nation is inherently fearful.

And their response to fear isn't aspirational (i.e. what can we do so that we have less to fear), it's fearful and paranoid.

Compare responses to fears about knife/gun crime in London in the past twenty years, with responses in the US. Here, people became aware that carrying a weapon puts them (and others around them) at greater risk of being hurt - the idea that they are protection has been entirely shot down by evidence - therefore they took a leap of faith and started walking around 'unprotected'. Good things happened

In the States, even among rational reasonable people you encounter, the fear is so widespread. It's very easily manipulated too. The fear of their neighbour, the government, the taxman etc. is well established. Many Americans are faced with the same choices as Londoners had - do I arm myself, or do I not respond to my fear and go out without a weapon. Unforunately a cultural propensity to fear, makes widespread prevalence of weapons likely. And propensity among lawmakers and citizens to lax regulations (and to wilfully or ignorantly not understand their constitution) helps guarantee lots of scared citizens end up murdering/being murdered. When normalised in society, as it in the States (it's not a surprise to hear news of a pre-teen owning and killing with a gun anymore) it's only gets worse without a widespread will from people to stop shitting themselves about silly things. This doesn't seem imminent.

Quite the broad brush you've painted there.

You, apparently living in Liverpool, probably gives you the best point of view to make that assumption.

Guess I'm just a naive glass-half-full Yank.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 17, 2017, 12:20:44 am »
Quite the broad brush you've painted there.

You, apparently living in Liverpool, probably gives you the best point of view to make that assumption.

Guess I'm just a naive glass-half-full Yank.

Yeah, great job refuting it.

Having an international perspective certainly helps. Won't bothering going into detail about where in the states I've lived or visited - though it does include the Lone Star State - or the years I was seeing an American

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #139 on: June 17, 2017, 02:39:58 am »
#hoax