Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
And I for one would be very okay with this. Plays RB, RCB, LCB. Strong in duels, good on the ball, mean look when he plays, and for you hipsters, looks comfortable in central areas when he is needed to invert.

Has played for Slot (obvs), has played with VVD & Gakpo.

I'm on board.

It would be nuts though.

RB, RCB is probably the strongest area of the team. We have Trent, Bradley, Ibou and Gomez whilst on the other side we have significant issues. It would be a complete waste of our resources. 
Poor performance again and overall maybe all we deserved, especially after a very drab first half, but no wonder Klopp and the team seem to be tired of it all. Officiating is really farcical.

Like many on here I’ve been watching the game and following the reds for well over 50 years. I try to be even handed and sympathetic to referees, but it’s quite obvious they’ve got to a stage where they really are making it up as they go along.  It’s never been worse.

This season officiating standards in the premier league has hit an all time low. It’s horribly embarrassingly for the self proclaimed ‘best league in the world’. And it’s not all down to VAR. I’ve never seen a referee call on a trainer like that for a non injury after no contact whatsoever.  Unless it’s a serious injury, when does that ever happen?  The goalie fell over grabbing a ball. The ref didn’t give a free kick. So what Taylor then did defies any logic and what’s worse for us … that would not happen against any other team. What the fuck was he doing? Taylor has now totally fucked up in two back to back major games. It’s a fucking shambles but won’t get called out.

Conspiracy? Probably not. That requires extraordinary complicity by many parties.
Incompetent amateur levels of performance? Yes, absolutely. Fucking joke and we have far more of these decisions go against us than anyone other top 6 team in the division.

It doesn't. Two people can conspire together. A conspiracy can be something on a massive scale or something between a very small number of people. I could conspire with a mate to commit a crime.

In this case here, we have an organisation that colludes together to cover their backs at all times. They close ranks, to the detriment of the sport. They are making it up as they go along. They are gaslighting fans who fork out thousands every season to support their clubs and they are costing clubs titles via the mistakes the won't admit they make. They absolutely conspire together to protect each other. The mental gymnastics they come out with as explanations are often absurd.

But that’s what’s been the case here anyway? And nothing changes regards a player being able to speak with the coach, that still happens in all the leagues around Europe when this is the usual way of working.

That hasn't been the case here though. The manager has been in control of transfers. Even Rodgers admitted he had the final say. Even though he complained he was given a limited choice of players.

That is not what is being planned at Liverpool now. What is being advocated now is that Slot concentrates on coaching whilst reporting to a SD who picks the players.

You will know better than me but for instance at Dortmund it evolved into a situation in which Klopp and Zorc collaborated on players with Watzke as the ultimate decision maker?
MOTD covered it
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 01:22:48 am »
Struggling to remember a worse week in at least the last five seasons.  I'm sure there probably have been, but this feels especially bleak after the fiasco at OT.  That one really hurt and I hate to say, but it looks like the team hasn't gotten over that match any better than I have.
How about the week after then?
All in all feels deflating but if you'd said at the beginning of the season, challenge for the title and CL plus silverware, most of us would have taken it.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 01:22:42 am »
I did say they win the ball high up the pitch a lot. I personally wouldn't trust Nunez's decision making when we do.

Secondly, Haaland will probably be Premier League top scorer two seasons in a row. If Nunez was hitting those numbers nobody would care if the ball came off his shins in the build-up.

And I dare someone to say Haaland gets more chances  ::)

The thing is you don't trust Nunez to do anything. You don't trust him to lead our attack, you don't trust him to counter attack and you don't trust him against a low block.

The thing is the stats don't back that up. For his two seasons at Liverpool he has been pretty much bang on a League goal every 180 minutes. So a goal every other game if he played the full 90 every week. So around 19 League goals per season despite not being a regular penalty taker for us.

At Benfica in his second season he scored a League goal every 76 minutes which is prolific.

So from the age of 21-24 he has scored a League goal every 123 minutes. So if he played 90 minutes in every game he would average out at just under 28 League goals per season from the age of 21-24.

Amazing how a player you wouldn't trust to play in an under 9's 5 a side has a record like that?

Our first signing could be Geertruida of wait for it...Feyenoord.  ;D

And I for one would be very okay with this. Plays RB, RCB, LCB. Strong in duels, good on the ball, mean look when he plays, and for you hipsters, looks comfortable in central areas when he is needed to invert.

Has played for Slot (obvs), has played with VVD & Gakpo.

I'm on board.
It is baffling. I am baffled.
Rob Galloway
@DrRobgalloway
Dan Poulter was an ex junior dr of mine and literally brought in every policy that has destroyed the NHS

He is joining  the Labour Party so that post election he can be a medical advisor to the next Labour government.

It worries me what advice  he will give

@Keir_Starmer
 if you want a passionately pro  nhs doctor I'd be happy to advise.

I've also  spent my career trying to help the nhs not destroy it.

https://twitter.com/drrobgalloway/status/1784315930920489027

Politicians who swap parties, particularly to parties that are (in theory anyway) ideologically opposed, are among the lowest of the low. Zero principles whatsoever, driven entirely by self interest. Pretty shameful that someone who was happy to vote through Tory policies for the last 14 years is now welcome in the Labour party.

I’d agree to a degree in that a rat is a rat, if they can do it to someone else they can do it to you. Now I know nothing of Dr Galloway, but I do find it slightly ironic that he’s accusing Poulter of jumping ship because he wants a job, and in the very same post Galloway is himself offering his services.
General Football and Sport / Re: General West Ham thread
« Last post by Son of Spion on Today at 01:13:06 am »
Shall we buy Bowen?
Well, you can't beat a bit of bully. 🎯
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10