Author Topic: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world  (Read 467028 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Guide to watching Liverpool around the world
« Reply #680 on: December 24, 2023, 08:13:29 am »
https://www.optionstheedge.com/topic/food/10-sports-bars-kl-watch-football

No idea but might be a few options here

thanks. if anyone is in Kuala Lumpur the Healy Mac’s in Changkit stays open late. as do most the bars nearby, which all show the match.
YNWA.

Online Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #681 on: January 3, 2024, 03:43:17 pm »
Currently in new York and looking to watch the arsenal match on Sunday with some of the lfcny group.  Either at 11th street or the Grafton. Anyone on here going to be around?

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #682 on: February 1, 2024, 02:28:26 pm »
Got a mate coming over who works abroad now for Klopp's last couple of matches.

No chance on tickets now, so what's the best boozer to watch them? Best atmosphere?
20 and 7

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: February 2, 2024, 07:05:57 am »
I’ve heard Jurgen's has been decent (50 Brunswick Street)

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: February 4, 2024, 01:50:10 pm »
Anyone have an idea of where in Berlin (Mitte) might be showing the match?

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #685 on: February 5, 2024, 04:01:16 am »
Any recommendations to watch the Burnley game in Seoul, South Korea? it will be a 12am kick off time. It is also Seollal (Korean New Year) so i dont know if that will affect opening times?

Any advice welcome :)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #686 on: February 8, 2024, 03:06:44 am »
Any recommendations to watch the Burnley game in Seoul, South Korea? it will be a 12am kick off time. It is also Seollal (Korean New Year) so i dont know if that will affect opening times?

Any advice welcome :)

This is the channel it will be on SPOTV ON 2.

Or try the Branch:

SEOUL, KOREA SOUTH
Our Anfield Korea branch welcomes members from all over South Korea, although meetings are currently held exclusively in Seoul.

Contact

facebook.com/anfieldkorea
instagram.com/anfieldkorea
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: February 9, 2024, 04:09:46 pm »
a bit in advance, but the City game will be massive (obvs).

I'll be in Nha Trang Vietnam.

anyone have any tips for a place to see the game?

edit:  google to the rescue!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293928-d7590112-Reviews-Cheers_Sports_Pub-Nha_Trang_Khanh_Hoa_Province.html
« Last Edit: February 9, 2024, 04:15:46 pm by SamLad »

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #688 on: February 9, 2024, 08:10:59 pm »
Moving to California next month until June. Anyone know anywhere near Walnut Creek that would be good for the matches?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: February 22, 2024, 03:42:53 am »
I'll be in Bangkok for the game on Sunday.

Is Fitzgeralds Irish Pub still the "go to" pub to watch our matches?  Their website is out of date, doesn't list any games for the past couple of weeks, and isn't replying to my emails.  Maybe it's closed.

If not Fitzgeralds - any suggestions?  I know there's a ton of sports bars and pubs in BKK, but obviously would want one where there will be a lot of Reds.

Thanks.

edit:  they just replied :) still open.

has anyone been there? pics look great.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 04:20:02 am by SamLad »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: February 23, 2024, 03:31:17 am »
Moving to California next month until June. Anyone know anywhere near Walnut Creek that would be good for the matches?

Good luck.

You'll find you'll be watching most matches at home. Those 12:30 kickoffs in the UK are now 4:30 am. Pubs don't open that early. There will be matches at 6am. Sundays Cup Final is 7am. It is most likely pubs won't be open for those either.

Evening kick offs mean Noon and then you might find a pub open.

Offline King Tay

• Kopite
  • F**k Off Lampard!!!
« Reply #691 on: February 26, 2024, 10:49:40 am »
Good luck.

You'll find you'll be watching most matches at home. Those 12:30 kickoffs in the UK are now 4:30 am. Pubs don't open that early. There will be matches at 6am. Sundays Cup Final is 7am. It is most likely pubs won't be open for those either.

Evening kick offs mean Noon and then you might find a pub open.

Cheers 4Pool, will have to sort out some sort TV solution it seems!

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: February 29, 2024, 01:12:16 pm »
Going to Amsterdam for work for the Sparta Prague 2nd leg, anyone got any new recommendations from the initial posts which seemed a bit lukewarm? 

Offline arhey

• Main Stander
« Reply #693 on: February 29, 2024, 01:18:15 pm »
Be in Ibiza early Apr for the United league game, don't think I'll have a problem finding a bar to watch it but any recent knowledge re more Liverpool friendly venues, rather not be surrounded by their fans.

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: February 29, 2024, 01:25:00 pm »
^ @ Stewy

https://www.odonnellsamsterdam.nl/  In the Pijp is decent, quite a few reds in - but is there a clash with the Ajax game? If not there the big one in leidseplein has all the games on

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: February 29, 2024, 01:47:24 pm »
^ @ Stewy

https://www.odonnellsamsterdam.nl/  In the Pijp is decent, quite a few reds in - but is there a clash with the Ajax game? If not there the big one in leidseplein has all the games on

Ah yeah, it does indeed. Ah well that'll be the end of that then, love De Pijp as well. Will try one of the bigger ones.

Ta man.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: March 1, 2024, 06:35:51 pm »
Hi All - in Knightsbridge area next Thursday (going to the Arsenal game on Saturday with my brother who is a big Arsenal supporter) - is there a good option to watch the Europa League game please??

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #697 on: March 1, 2024, 07:25:35 pm »
Going to Amsterdam for work for the Sparta Prague 2nd leg, anyone got any new recommendations from the initial posts which seemed a bit lukewarm? 

Dan Murphys ( Leidesplein) used to be the Red bar but with new ownership change its lost it....watched  Bournemouth game in there with me lad and we where only two in there

Watched Brentford in O Donells was ok..bout 10 Reds  in there...plus a dozen very enthusiastic for the Reds Italian tourists....but check our game on first.

O Reillys ( nr Dam Square) also shows our games but you get mixed fancrowds in there as may show two games at once

if anyone knows other Red bars in Dam let me know
« Last Edit: March 1, 2024, 07:30:59 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: March 1, 2024, 07:52:10 pm »
Hi All - in Knightsbridge area next Thursday (going to the Arsenal game on Saturday with my brother who is a big Arsenal supporter) - is there a good option to watch the Europa League game please??

Someone was asking about that pre game league cup final,there's a London pubs thread... i had a quick look didn't see it.

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #699 on: March 3, 2024, 12:45:29 pm »
Sorry if there’s a list of places already out there. I’ll be in LA and Santa Monica this week. Any places likely to show the Europa League match? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 🙏🏽 Thank you so much in advance.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: March 3, 2024, 08:42:32 pm »
I'll be in Bangkok for the game on Sunday.

Is Fitzgeralds Irish Pub still the "go to" pub to watch our matches?  Their website is out of date, doesn't list any games for the past couple of weeks, and isn't replying to my emails.  Maybe it's closed.

If not Fitzgeralds - any suggestions?  I know there's a ton of sports bars and pubs in BKK, but obviously would want one where there will be a lot of Reds.

Thanks.

edit:  they just replied :) still open.

has anyone been there? pics look great.

The Sportsman Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 13 is a good place. I watched a couple of our games in there last November.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: March 3, 2024, 09:48:35 pm »
Sorry if there’s a list of places already out there. I’ll be in LA and Santa Monica this week. Any places likely to show the Europa League match? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! 🙏🏽 Thank you so much in advance.

The Official LFC Supporters Club, Los Angeles. We meet at Joxer Daly's! For more information, visit us at LFC.LA. Find us on social media (fb, insta, & twitter) @TheLFCLA or email us at: OLSC@LFC.LA YNWA

Contact

facebook.com/TheLFCLA
twitter.com/thelfcla

Or

Call to make sure:

Ye Olde King's Head
Address: 116 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles
Phone: 310-451-1402

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #702 on: March 14, 2024, 12:55:54 pm »
I'm in Dallas for the United FA Cup game and won't be able to venture up to the Supporters Club Location. Any other suggestions? I need somewhere more near the centre/union station.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: March 14, 2024, 02:40:44 pm »
I'm in Dallas for the United FA Cup game and won't be able to venture up to the Supporters Club Location. Any other suggestions? I need somewhere more near the centre/union station.

Take an Uber up to The Londoner in Addison, Tx. That's where the branch watches. Mind you, there will be Man Utd supporters in there as well. Which makes for a good time when we win.

The match is on ESPN+ in the USA.  If you're looking around near union station, there may not be many pubs open for the 8:30 am kickoff.

Otherwise, you'll need a pirate stream to watch.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #704 on: March 14, 2024, 03:48:24 pm »
Thought I'd add our growing supporters club here in Tucson, AZ.  If any y'all are ever in the Wild West, we meet at Corbett's in Downtown Tucson.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:55:47 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Studog

• Kopite
« Reply #705 on: March 14, 2024, 06:01:12 pm »
Take an Uber up to The Londoner in Addison, Tx. That's where the branch watches. Mind you, there will be Man Utd supporters in there as well. Which makes for a good time when we win.

The match is on ESPN+ in the USA.  If you're looking around near union station, there may not be many pubs open for the 8:30 am kickoff.

Otherwise, you'll need a pirate stream to watch.

Thanks for this. It’s a 10:30am ko isn’t it? If it’s 08:30, I’ll be listening via the radio!

I’m only there for the one night and off to the Mavs Nugs game at 14:30 local time before driving down to Waco so it’s going to be tight but I’ll see how I am Sunday am. Not often I get over to the USA so taking in a NBA game is a must!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #706 on: March 14, 2024, 06:25:15 pm »
Thanks for this. It’s a 10:30am ko isn’t it? If it’s 08:30, I’ll be listening via the radio!

I’m only there for the one night and off to the Mavs Nugs game at 14:30 local time before driving down to Waco so it’s going to be tight but I’ll see how I am Sunday am. Not often I get over to the USA so taking in a NBA game is a must!

yeah, my bad. It's 8:30 where i live.

So 10:30 am in Dallas.

Still most pubs don't open until 11 or 12. Especially on a Sunday.

There's a Londoner pub that is nearer to the City Center.

DALLAS
5321 Mockingbird Ln., #250
Dallas, TX 75206
(214) 823-2211

Call them, but i'm sure they'll have the match on.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: March 15, 2024, 07:54:22 pm »
I gotta buddy heading to NYC easter,is Carragher's worth going to? And anyone know if they charge a cover for all Liverpool games or just big games,it's 20 bux for United on sunday?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #708 on: March 15, 2024, 07:55:15 pm »
I gotta buddy heading to NYC easter,is Carragher's worth going to? And anyone know if they charge a cover for all Liverpool games or just big games,it's 20 bux for United on sunday?

20 bux?  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: March 15, 2024, 08:15:38 pm »
Thought I'd add our growing supporters club here in Tucson, AZ.  If any y'all are ever in the Wild West, we meet at Corbett's in Downtown Tucson.

Love it, well in mate

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
« Reply #710 on: March 27, 2024, 04:47:32 pm »

I think when I checked - we looked into it for the Burnley game, but it ended up clashing with something else - it was $40 per person minimum spend for a spot. I'm too much of a cheap date to drink that much at 11am so we were going to go with The Grafton or 11th St instead but it didn't work out.

We did go there for a drink and something to eat and I really liked it.

If anyone is in Rotterdam, I'd recommend Panenka as a place to watch a game. If they don't have it showing they'll find somewhere to put it on for you, and the bitterballen are ace.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: March 27, 2024, 11:40:02 pm »
Since I didn't see it in the California section, the official LFC pub in San Francisco seems to be at an Irish bar called Chief Sullivan's on Green St, in the North Beach area of the city. Apparently, it opens as early as 6am for matches. They're American, which means they have some strange chants and habits, but that's unavoidable I'm afraid.

https://chiefsullivans.com/

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #712 on: April 3, 2024, 11:12:29 am »
Where's the best place to go in London - still The Spread Eagle near Oxford St? Have a feeling our local will be showing the Chelsea match tomorrow, and to be honest I could do without the temptation of a pub burger.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: April 3, 2024, 11:29:58 am »
Where's the best place to go in London - still The Spread Eagle near Oxford St? Have a feeling our local will be showing the Chelsea match tomorrow, and to be honest I could do without the temptation of a pub burger.
https://x.com/LFCLondon/status/1775245391857922089?s=20

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #714 on: April 3, 2024, 11:37:53 am »
Unfortunately Fulham is far away from both where I live and where I work, but I keep meaning to head there for a weekend game at some point!