Author Topic: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?  (Read 31254 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays 2022 - what are you doing this year?
« Reply #320 on: June 4, 2022, 02:24:50 pm »
Seen this on another forum, all the upcoming flight cancellations.

Thankfully ours isn't on that list. Been checking today and TUI flights were under an hour delays. Our flight out of Crete is 3pm local time, so a 4pm departure is no big deal, its getting the bags at home I worry about

We also had no issues with security, we  went through in 5 minutes at 6am Sunday and 20 minutes at 2pm Monday, its Swissport that are the issue and the lazy fuckers who are actually working for them, never seen anyone move so slowly as the fuckers loading our plane.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #321 on: June 4, 2022, 03:43:35 pm »
Thankfully ours isn't on that list. Been checking today and TUI flights were under an hour delays. Our flight out of Crete is 3pm local time, so a 4pm departure is no big deal, its getting the bags at home I worry about

We also had no issues with security, we  went through in 5 minutes at 6am Sunday and 20 minutes at 2pm Monday, its Swissport that are the issue and the lazy fuckers who are actually working for them, never seen anyone move so slowly as the fuckers loading our plane.

That's no way to speak about the co-pilot!
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: June 4, 2022, 05:21:40 pm »
That's no way to speak about the co-pilot!

😊
Jurgen YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: June 4, 2022, 08:32:36 pm »
It's always busy to be honest, it's a very unique destination and worlds away from London, New York, Dubai etc. It's a good time to go right now as it was a really nice 25 degrees everyday (cloudy in the morning and evenings). As for Covid, they've pretty much moved away from it like we have here. Hardly anyone wearing a mask as it isn't required anywhere. But you still see sanitizer stations when entering shops, malls and some restaurants.

Also I know I said it's not for people with anxiety but I take that back. It's very possible to have a relaxing holiday there by staying in the Palmeraie area which is away from the hustle and bustle of the city, and stick to booking excursions in the Atlas Mountains, also visit the Oasiria Waterpark. I saw many families with kids doing this exact same thing to avoid getting stressed there.
Thanks for that.

Been to the market by the mosque in the centre and that gets extremely busy. Thinking of going end of September / October. Hopefully it's ok around then. Not been to the bars and that there so hope that isn't too bad.

Didn't go the Mountains last time there. Any good?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #324 on: June 4, 2022, 08:41:40 pm »
Probably not going to get away this year, but just booked Gran Canaria for next Easter so something to look forward to at least.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 4, 2022, 09:15:36 pm »
Probably not going to get away this year, but just booked Gran Canaria for next Easter so something to look forward to at least.
I'm off there in 3 weeks, first time since 1996 (when I was 15). Flying from Leeds Bradford thankfully, so should avoid the Manchester-style chaos.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 4, 2022, 09:31:47 pm »
Thanks for that.

Been to the market by the mosque in the centre and that gets extremely busy. Thinking of going end of September / October. Hopefully it's ok around then. Not been to the bars and that there so hope that isn't too bad.

Didn't go the Mountains last time there. Any good?
Yeah nice day out, a picturesque drive into Ourika and a chance to drink Moroccan tea at a Berber house and taken to an Argan oil garden (tourist trap). Then lunch by the river which does good food for a decent price. Below is the one we booked. :)

https://www.viator.com/en-GB/tours/Marrakech/Day-Excursion-To-Ourika-Valley-and-High-Atlas-From-Marrakech-Shared/d5408-90460P29

Didn't get a chance to visit Bahia Palace or Koutobia Mosque as we had kids with us so defo doing that next time.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: June 4, 2022, 10:24:26 pm »

We've got Turkiye in October with EasyJet and Tenerife with TUI next Feb, hope the shit is sorted by then.

Going to book to come back to Crete next June as its ace here and got Orlando Oct 2023.

Might as well enjoy life before I pop my clogs
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #328 on: June 4, 2022, 10:53:20 pm »
Heading off to Folkestone on Monday for a three day trip around France. Moving down to the Dordogne, Bordeaux, Loire and then Versailles.

Fortunately I was able to point out to Mrs P that Versailles is well away from Saint Denis so the chances of her being pepper sprayed in the Hall of Mirrors is slim.

I haven’t driven in France since driving an overloaded Ford Cortina on the way to Rome in 1977 (we broke down outside of Florence but our AA insurance gave us a few extra days in Rome and train fare back) but have invested in new tyres and the car’s just been serviced so I’m looking forward to the whole adventure.

It’s a bit weird being able to take what we want without worrying about luggage allowances but I’m hoping to snag some glorious wine.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 4, 2022, 11:20:49 pm »
Yeah nice day out, a picturesque drive into Ourika and a chance to drink Moroccan tea at a Berber house and taken to an Argan oil garden (tourist trap). Then lunch by the river which does good food for a decent price. Below is the one we booked. :)

https://www.viator.com/en-GB/tours/Marrakech/Day-Excursion-To-Ourika-Valley-and-High-Atlas-From-Marrakech-Shared/d5408-90460P29

Didn't get a chance to visit Bahia Palace or Koutobia Mosque as we had kids with us so defo doing that next time.
Cheers. Will take a look if and when we book it!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #330 on: June 5, 2022, 12:08:26 am »
Seen this on another forum, all the upcoming flight cancellations.

Ours wasn't on this list for Monday and they cancelled us 2 days ago.

The list is a PR spin. They are cancelling far more than what they are saying.

But did manage to rebook the same holiday (Agadir Morocco) later on this year. They knocked off £400 and an extra 20%. And will be claiming £700 compo under the EU law next week

Booked a cheap Jet 2 getaway to majorca. Proper Peter Kay holiday (booked it, packed it, fucked off). So we are at least getting a holiday. Ok it's not exactly where we're expecting but now getting 2 holidays in 2022 and once all the refunds and discounts come through basically a free holiday so can't complain
« Last Edit: June 5, 2022, 12:14:47 am by gazzalfc »

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 5, 2022, 12:37:44 am »
Proper Peter Kay holiday (booked it, packed it, fucked off).
I really want to do one of these, but having a cat is like having a child, I have to put him first and he costs me a bloody fortune.

Next year I plan on booking his sitter in advance and then booking a random holiday last minute to cover those dates just to give my pathetic little life a bit of excitement.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #332 on: June 5, 2022, 12:53:23 am »
Flew to Mallorca two weeks ago and it was a dream compared to all the Manchester horror stories. Get there 2 hours before if you have hold luggage or just over an hour before if you have hand luggage and you’ll be fine.

I adore flying from Liverpool; different world to flying from Manc.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 5, 2022, 10:03:08 am »
Got away with it this week, only hour and half late flying out of Manc, so hoping for a quick turn around this end.
Jurgen YNWA

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 5, 2022, 07:35:47 pm »
:lmao You can't make this shit up, £1 billion terminal 2 and the fucking airbridge is broke and they need to go find some steps so we can get off the plane

2 hours delay leaving Crete, at least 30 mins sat on the plane and fuck knows how long baggage is going to take
« Last Edit: June 5, 2022, 07:37:52 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #335 on: June 7, 2022, 10:25:12 pm »
Just back from a week in madeira and its fucking class. Great food, scenery and the people are the nicest I've come across in Europe. was a great detox from Paris (which is a shithole don't go there)  ;)
YNWA

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #336 on: June 8, 2022, 12:28:42 pm »
Just back from a week in madeira and its fucking class. Great food, scenery and the people are the nicest I've come across in Europe. was a great detox from Paris (which is a shithole don't go there)  ;)

Glad you enjoyed it, it's a great place isn't it? :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #337 on: June 8, 2022, 03:17:08 pm »
:lmao You can't make this shit up, £1 billion terminal 2 and the fucking airbridge is broke and they need to go find some steps so we can get off the plane

What a fucking shithole of a terminal. Made it look like IKEA and makes you walk through the entire duty shop like IKEA before you even get to the departure lounge.

In the airport at 3pm and most of the restaurants either closed or cleared out of food and drinks. Had the feeling of an old 80's bus terminal. They really have messed it up.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: June 8, 2022, 03:23:58 pm »
What a fucking shithole of a terminal. Made it look like IKEA and makes you walk through the entire duty shop like IKEA before you even get to the departure lounge.

In the airport at 3pm and most of the restaurants either closed or cleared out of food and drinks. Had the feeling of an old 80's bus terminal. They really have messed it up.

It's crap isn't it. The only use we found for the Duty Free walk through was spraying free samples of Perfume/Mens fragrances, so we didn't stink on the plane ;D those IKEA seats are fucking uncomfortable too, all you need is a bad back before a 4 hour flight :butt
I'm assuming the restaurants are suffering the same logistics issues as the rest of us and struggle to get food in? It was mad when we were delayed the second time as someone had got a hold of money off voucher books they'd found under an unmanned desk and was dishing them out like food vouchers, the places were battered.

The bogs are awful too, thousands of people in the Terminal and when you can actually find the bogs, there's 4 cubicles and about the same piss stones.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #339 on: June 8, 2022, 03:26:11 pm »
3 months and counting and i'll be off to South Africa for 2 and half weeks.

Mounting excitement.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #340 on: June 8, 2022, 03:49:32 pm »
Longer range weather forecasts for the UK aren't shaping up well for the summer.

Time to change yet - but if we don't get a good weather week (we've booked our main family hol in Scotland) then that's it; I'll never take another proper holiday in this shitforsaken country. We have a terrible climate.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 8, 2022, 03:54:12 pm »
Longer range weather forecasts for the UK aren't shaping up well for the summer.

How's it looking for the Shepton Mallet area from around about the 22nd to 26th June?

This is the most important weather forecast of the year.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 8, 2022, 05:48:26 pm »
Is it me or are hotels across Europe insanely expensive at the moment? just can't seem to find a decent deal which combines with a relatively decent priced flight ticket too.

literally just happy to fly anywhere for a long weekend before the season starts... not particularly fussy beyond it ideally not being a Champions League football city :o
YNWA.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 8, 2022, 09:51:04 pm »
Is it me or are hotels across Europe insanely expensive at the moment? just can't seem to find a decent deal which combines with a relatively decent priced flight ticket too.

literally just happy to fly anywhere for a long weekend before the season starts... not particularly fussy beyond it ideally not being a Champions League football city :o
There's loads of cheap deals on lastminute.com, around half the price of what Jet2 are charging for similar areas. I looked at hotels / flights separately first but lastminute were doing it cheaper.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: June 8, 2022, 10:03:04 pm »
Off to Tenerife on Saturday, after a six month delay due to covid. Found out in April my passport was going to be out of date by the time this holiday came round. My own fault, I hold my hands up there.

Got my new passport a couple of weeks ago, just in time for all the cancellations to then kick in.

Honestly, if I get a pint of Dorada on Saturday night, I will be amazed and delighted at the same time. This shit is stressful.

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: June 9, 2022, 07:09:41 am »
Had a week in Northumberland last week, was fortunate we had better than expected weather. Farne Islands are great if anyone is interested in seeing puffins.

In a few weeks got a week in Puglia, Italy. Fear I will melt though and then finish off the summer with 2 weeks in South Africa. Most excited for that. Got a few camping trips in British national parks as well. Then its a long slog until annual leave resets.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 9, 2022, 07:22:59 am »
Turkey in just over a week for me, 10 days which is longer than the usual 7 but we haven't been away for over 3 years now.

Absolutely desperate, just praying the airport isn't too bad but I am not hopeful.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2022, 11:02:30 pm »
There's loads of cheap deals on lastminute.com, around half the price of what Jet2 are charging for similar areas. I looked at hotels / flights separately first but lastminute were doing it cheaper.

cheers, i think part of the problem is i almost exclusively have only ever flown places in off-seasons so it all seems a bit madly expensive to me

edit: even if you select Gatwick or Heathrow the site seems to sneakily force you to go to Luton or Stansted, how strange  :o
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 11:28:30 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #348 on: June 11, 2022, 06:54:18 am »
USA now finally dropping the day one negative covid test requirement which they had previously (you needed a negative CoVID test within 24 hours of your outbound flight to get in).

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #349 on: June 12, 2022, 04:43:08 am »
My sister works for Tui as a hostess been with them about 28 years , she said months ago it will get worse before it gets better , said Manchester airport didn’t furlough but sacked lots of workers , then when they tried to bring them back it was a zero hours contract and no overtime just hours paid back at slack times

They struggled getting people back so held jobs fairs and still found they were struggling and the ones they took on still require security clearance and training , she said be about September before it would get back to normal .

I know its not fair on people wanting holidays but

That's scandalous and disgusting by Manc Airport. I hope this period is very painful for them as punishment.

Loyalty gets rewarded. I have every sympathy for anyone who doesn't go back. Just hope they take care of the current staff. Wake up Manc Airport.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2022, 07:32:28 am »
I know its not fair on people wanting holidays but

That's scandalous and disgusting by Manc Airport. I hope this period is very painful for them as punishment.

Loyalty gets rewarded. I have every sympathy for anyone who doesn't go back. Just hope they take care of the current staff. Wake up Manc Airport.

Same here mate. Mate of a mate went doing security at Manchester Airport years ago as the money was great, they've now made it shit as they only ever see profit. Pay a decent wage and people will want to work for you. Swissport are the ones who are causing the baggage issues, they need to get their shit together too, the airlines are losing a fortune because of that company. Its not a great job, getting soaked and freezing but it's a very important job, so recognise this and pay the workers well.

About the only one positive of brexit is that the cheap workforce has gone, so these fuckers need to pay a wage.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2022, 11:10:27 am »
My holiday was a success! Liverpool airport was a bit awkward - got there at  around 4am for a 6am flight (said get there 2 hours before and considering I live opposite it I just rolled out of bed). Queue for easyjet check in was big, down the entrance, and took about an hour to get through. Then security took another half an hour and boarding was just closing as we got through. They were just calling out names of flights in security to push people through in the end. Nowhere near the nightmare in other places but just poorly organised really. Malaga airport on the way back was a dream, no queue for the security and there was plenty of flights going out.

Malaga as a city is great, I'd recommend to anyone wanting to go to Spain.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2022, 11:58:19 am »
USA now finally dropping the day one negative covid test requirement which they had previously (you needed a negative CoVID test within 24 hours of your outbound flight to get in).

Announced a day after i ordered 4 just to be able to transit through to Guatemala. Typical.

Been checking for months whether they were going to drop the requirement and couldnt find any indication it was coming this soon.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2022, 06:53:53 pm »
My holiday was a success! Liverpool airport was a bit awkward - got there at  around 4am for a 6am flight (said get there 2 hours before and considering I live opposite it I just rolled out of bed). Queue for easyjet check in was big, down the entrance, and took about an hour to get through. Then security took another half an hour and boarding was just closing as we got through. They were just calling out names of flights in security to push people through in the end. Nowhere near the nightmare in other places but just poorly organised really. Malaga airport on the way back was a dream, no queue for the security and there was plenty of flights going out.

We flew over Malaga when I was going to Marrakech, it looked great even at 35,000ft. Definitely on my list for next year, what are the people like and the food options?

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2022, 07:04:03 pm »

Did you have to check in at the airport or could you do it online?

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: June 13, 2022, 07:06:40 pm »
Just swapped our hotel for October 2023, Virgin has stopped doing the one we were in, we stayed in 2019 and it was great, and recent reviews go on about cockroaches, loads of spiders in the rooms, that don't get cleaned and the place stinking of weed.

Nipped into Virgin in the TC and we've been moved to dockside, one of the new Universal Hotels where Wet N Wild used to be.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 13, 2022, 09:18:56 pm »

Time to change yet - but if we don't get a good weather week (we've booked our main family hol in Scotland) then that's it; I'll never take another proper holiday in this shitforsaken country. We have a terrible climate.

Speak for yourself mate, we get cracking weather down here!  Haven't you heard it's shit up North  ;)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 13, 2022, 09:39:35 pm »
Going Cornwall next week for a few days to start. Just booked it. Gorran Haven.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 14, 2022, 11:09:23 am »
Going Cornwall next week for a few days to start. Just booked it. Gorran Haven.

Love Cornwall!  Usually get great weather there (no mockers intended).  Never been to that part mind.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 14, 2022, 12:10:22 pm »
Booked a week in Talacre for the start of July. Everywhere we looked were looking from £900 - £1200 for a week but it was only £400 for Talacre.