Author Topic: MotoGP Thread  (Read 15013 times)

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Re: MotoGP Thread
« Reply #80 on: August 10, 2020, 08:33:03 am »
What an odd GP that was. Fabio ran out of tyres. Mack, well his spot is under threat. Vale knocked up some more points as a 40yr old. Not bad. But well done KTM and Brad. I enjoyed that. Always nice to see another manufacturer other trhan Honda and another aside from MM get a win. Zarco's infringement was ludicrous, he did nothing wrong. If that'd been MM, nothing would have been said or done. Ridiculous decision. Zarco had a 2nd place deffo and may even have challenged for the win were it not for that, but his long lap was by far the greatest long lap ever. Olivieri was wide and lost the line and Johan had the corner. You cant lose line run wide and sweep back onto it and not expect it to be full of another rider. Frankly shameful decision from Dorna.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 10, 2020, 10:10:28 am »
What an odd GP that was. Fabio ran out of tyres. Mack, well his spot is under threat. Vale knocked up some more points as a 40yr old. Not bad. But well done KTM and Brad. I enjoyed that. Always nice to see another manufacturer other trhan Honda and another aside from MM get a win. Zarco's infringement was ludicrous, he did nothing wrong. If that'd been MM, nothing would have been said or done. Ridiculous decision. Zarco had a 2nd place deffo and may even have challenged for the win were it not for that, but his long lap was by far the greatest long lap ever. Olivieri was wide and lost the line and Johan had the corner. You cant lose line run wide and sweep back onto it and not expect it to be full of another rider. Frankly shameful decision from Dorna.

One of the most ridiculous decisions I have ever seen, like you say, Zarco did nothing wrong. I noticed, from the chopper shots, both KTM's ran wide on that corner. Like Hodge said, Zarco won't have even been able to see due to how they ride these days. Brilliant long lap.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2020, 10:27:02 pm »
That was some crash in Austria, Rossi and MV very lucky, that bike nearly took Rossi's head off.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2020, 08:29:41 am »
Yeah, puts the rolling around footie players carry out into perspective doesnt it. Good race though, nice one Dovi. Shove it up Ducati's arse. Sweet.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2020, 10:49:17 am »
Batshit crazy that Rossi wasn't cleaned out.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1295148625056665600
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2020, 09:22:40 am »
Shame it didnt take Espagaro out, he is fast becoming a rider I dislike. Im no fan of Zarco but that was 70/30 espagaros fault on the previous race. Again, with Oliviera it was 70/30 pols fault. He ran wide and forfieted the line in both cases and zipped straight back onto the line without checking anyone else was there. He blames others for his mistakes. Man up espagaro you dildo.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2020, 08:20:44 pm »
Only saw this today as I was away at the weekend, that crash was terrifying. Well in to Dovi for his fuck you to Ducati, ungrateful twats that they are.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2020, 08:22:22 pm »
Batshit crazy that Rossi wasn't cleaned out.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/1295148625056665600

Wouldn't be surprised if he retires, its enough to give you nightmares.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2020, 08:38:29 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if he retires, its enough to give you nightmares.

It shook him up. Watch the onbike on his offical page for how quick the Yamaha flew past him

https://www.facebook.com/ValentinoRossiVR46Official/videos/2680181512253114/

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2020, 09:50:07 am »
A lot like the Sato-Heidfeld smash in the 2002 GP (the team orders one ::)), except they have side impact protection.

Can, should, bikes race on 200mph straights leading to corners where a straight on collision cuts across the exit? Perhaps Red Bull should consider building a bike loop up the straight and leave the (great) turn 3 to the cars, if they want to keep bikes there.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 20, 2020, 01:44:10 am »
Luckiest man on the planet at that moment.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UGPrHj1nPt0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UGPrHj1nPt0</a>
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 20, 2020, 02:58:17 pm »
Racing at the same track this weekend, wonder if we will see a whole new set of barriers/airbags on that corner?

Offline 19th Nervous Title

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #92 on: August 20, 2020, 05:58:15 pm »
Racing at the same track this weekend, wonder if we will see a whole new set of barriers/airbags on that corner?

Was the moto 2 crash also at that corner?
Emily Hobhouse. Britain's finest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2020, 09:12:07 am »
Was the moto 2 crash also at that corner?

Don't know on that one, I was away all weekend, so only got to see the MotoGP race as I recorded it Monday night.

In answer to my own question, yes they have put barriers and a fence right across that corner now, just watching FP1 now.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #94 on: August 21, 2020, 09:19:03 am »
No the Moto2 one was at another corner, I think after Turn 1, Bastianini high sided and his bike was on the track. Syarin was blinded by 2 bikes in front and hit the bike on the deck. Nasty crash but luckily he was unhurt. I had visions of Tomizawa's sad accident as it unfolded. Awful.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: August 21, 2020, 09:47:14 am »
Stewards have decided Zarco will start from pitlane if he races. BT Commentators just said he may as well sit the race out and get over his injury.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #96 on: August 21, 2020, 10:04:40 am »
Scaphoids are problematic. Mine still hurt after 10yrs when Im riding for prolonged periods. I dont think he was responsible, twas a racing incident to me. Same as his one with Pol, which I lay 70/30 Pols fault. Johan is an aggressive rider though and Ive not forgiven him for taking Sam Lowes out of Moto2 a few yrs ago.

Tracks been altered

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 21, 2020, 10:17:31 am »
Scaphoids are problematic. Mine still hurt after 10yrs when Im riding for prolonged periods. I dont think he was responsible, twas a racing incident to me. Same as his one with Pol, which I lay 70/30 Pols fault. Johan is an aggressive rider though and Ive not forgiven him for taking Sam Lowes out of Moto2 a few yrs ago.

Tracks been altered

Great they have done something here. Should be in place for all types of racing on this circuit now.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2020, 12:03:17 pm »
No the Moto2 one was at another corner, I think after Turn 1, Bastianini high sided and his bike was on the track. Syarin was blinded by 2 bikes in front and hit the bike on the deck. Nasty crash but luckily he was unhurt. I had visions of Tomizawa's sad accident as it unfolded. Awful.

Yeah it was just after the blind crest on the run out of T1.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2020, 04:23:12 pm »
Stewards have decided Zarco will start from pitlane if he races. BT Commentators just said he may as well sit the race out and get over his injury.
Zarco has had a couple of incidents of late.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: August 23, 2020, 09:00:04 am »
Zarco has had a couple of incidents of late.

He was totally innocent in the Pol crash though, that was 100% Pols fault, ran wide and cut into Zarco

Repsol Honda has confirmed Marquez will be out for 2 to 3 months. Someone said on here the break was the same as the one that finished Foggy off, really hope its not that bad. It was inevitable though that MMs luck would run out, you cannot save about 20 crashes a season and get away with it. We're getting a new World Champion this season, great chance for Dovi seeing as Quartararo is struggling.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/942789/1/marc-marquez-out-another-23-months?fbclid=IwAR3FXJVgVqjXfRk4m8k-S4pILIs1es0NUx1Y8Hwsczad7aEaxc1awmFhP7s

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #101 on: August 23, 2020, 12:54:09 pm »
Maybe some rain today. Would be first rain race since 2018

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 23, 2020, 01:25:58 pm »
Fucking Hell. Mavericks just had a brake failure and had to jump off the bike on the start finish straight. Air bags blwon, M1 on fire, Mav OK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #103 on: August 23, 2020, 01:34:04 pm »
This is a drama track

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2020, 01:40:02 pm »
I cannot imagine having to jump off a bike at 140mph.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2020, 02:02:52 pm »
That last lap.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2020, 02:05:21 pm »
That last lap.

Hodge was going mental on that +0 on Pols pitboard and he called it straight away that it would cost him the win. Great riding from Olivera to snatch the win.

Real shame for Mir, he'd have won that without the red flag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2020, 02:10:37 pm »
Hodge was going mental on that +0 on Pols pitboard and he called it straight away that it would cost him the win. Great riding from Olivera to snatch the win.

Real shame for Mir, he'd have won that without the red flag
Agree. Suzuki have looked good in both of the Austrian races. More to come from them. Marquez absence has made for an open an exciting season.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2020, 02:11:43 pm »
Tech 3 are a great team too, brilliant to see them get a win, they came so close with Yamaha and Cal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2020, 02:19:43 pm »
And Oliveira has had such bad luck of late. taken out a few times, of no fault to him. Good luck to him. I love having new winners. KTM looking good. Nice to have new challenge to the monopoly.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2020, 05:01:48 pm »
And Oliveira has had such bad luck of late. taken out a few times, of no fault to him. Good luck to him. I love having new winners. KTM looking good. Nice to have new challenge to the monopoly.

Oliveras grin in the post race interview was brilliant, comes across as likeable, Herve Poncheral has always been brilliant in interviews anyway and does seem like a team owner who makes racing fun, same a Lucio Cecchinello

Marquez is an alien and dominates due to his ability, but its making it a lot more interesting too see the different winners and the closer racing with him missing.

Zarco looked very relaxed when talking to Gav about the crash, even said he's planned the jump as he' lost the brakes on turns 3 and 4.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2020, 11:02:43 pm »
Hodge was going mental on that +0 on Pols pitboard and he called it straight away that it would cost him the win.

Don't agree with him on that, miller would have stuffed it up the inside anyway, resulting in the same defensive lines, and after that how could he trust his pit crew to give him the correct info?

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2020, 08:46:05 am »
Im so happy Tech 3 won. Herve is the nicest guy in the paddock. I also like Miguel Oliviera, esp as he knows Pols a twat. But Im mostly made up for Herve.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2020, 10:10:29 am »
Don't agree with him on that, miller would have stuffed it up the inside anyway, resulting in the same defensive lines, and after that how could he trust his pit crew to give him the correct info?

If you saw the after race interview with Pol on BT Sport, he basically confirmed what Hodgson said and that he thought they were closer than what they were due to his pitboard and took a different line, which allowed Miller to get past him.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2020, 10:58:42 am »
Yay!!!! Go John McPhee....great race

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2020, 01:10:06 pm »
Just under 10,000 fans in the circuit today, lots of yellow flags flying ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2020, 01:23:06 pm »
I need to watch more Moto3 races, it's so funny watching the chopping and changing lap after lap.

Bagnaia leading with 13 laps to go, Rossi needs kicking from Yamaha now, just taking a seat.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2020, 10:42:31 pm »
Does anyone actually want to win the title this year? If Marquez is back for next Sunday, he'll finish top 3/4.

Online Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2020, 09:07:08 am »
I know theres something of a changing of the guard moment with younger riders coming through - but I'm not liking any of them. And somewhat finding myself bored with MotoGP (Which is strange when you consider Marquez has dominated for years!!)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 13, 2020, 08:52:33 am »
I know theres something of a changing of the guard moment with younger riders coming through - but I'm not liking any of them. And somewhat finding myself bored with MotoGP (Which is strange when you consider Marquez has dominated for years!!)

I'm actually enjoying not seeing MM run away with every race and seeing different winners and the closer racing. Not really arsed who wins the title though, which does take a lot of the fun away, although Dovi winning it and giving Ducati the middle finger would be a laugh.

Moto2 is where my focus is, what with Sam Lowes being properly in with a shout of winning the title after this weekend.