Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 4  (Read 506309 times)

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Re: Sony PlayStation 4
« Reply #8560 on: July 29, 2020, 06:06:37 pm »
Fuck that game. Should come with a ‘may break your controller’ warning. Hard as nails, no mercy or shortcuts at all.
This

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8561 on: July 31, 2020, 11:50:00 am »
Ending up finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider in a couple of days and enjoyed it, going to purchase the latest game that came out 2 years ago.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8562 on: August 11, 2020, 08:10:49 pm »
Anyone currently using a good gaming monitor for their ps4? Looking at grabbing one this week to swap out for the 4k tv I’m currently using but i’m quite lost in finding the right one!

THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8563 on: September 5, 2020, 03:27:09 pm »
Anyone played the Avengers game that came out yesterday yet?

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #8564 on: September 6, 2020, 12:21:44 pm »

Yep. Played maybe the first two hours and love it. Nothing groundbreaking but smiled the whole way through those two hours.

I’m only interested in the campaign and none of the online stuff though

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8565 on: September 6, 2020, 02:26:32 pm »

Yep had it pre ordered so have been playing from 1st Sept and I like it. As said above nothing really groundbreaking but it’s a good blast to play through.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8566 on: September 6, 2020, 04:59:26 pm »
Yeah I picked it up yesterday and I’m a couple of hours in and enjoying it. As TheKid said I’m only interested in the campaign myself.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2020, 05:36:45 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8567 on: September 21, 2020, 12:20:11 pm »
Finished the Avengers game and it was decent but could have been better if they focused on the story more instead of adding the multiplayer shite.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8568 on: October 3, 2020, 06:57:09 pm »
Got the VR today to play Squadrons.

Anyone else find that the image is quite pixelated? Ends up quite difficult to see what’s going on around you.

I’ve done the eye distance thing and it’s adjusted right, the words never go smooth, just readable really no matter what I try.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8569 on: October 3, 2020, 08:12:38 pm »
Download demo's of other games. Or if you have compatible games like RE7, Wipeout Omega etc give them a go and see what the text is like. I have played games which have been blurrier than others. You should really give astrobot a try if you've not done so.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8570 on: October 3, 2020, 08:46:54 pm »
Got the VR today to play Squadrons.

Anyone else find that the image is quite pixelated? Ends up quite difficult to see what’s going on around you.

I’ve done the eye distance thing and it’s adjusted right, the words never go smooth, just readable really no matter what I try.

I know what you mean, sometimes it is just a bit pixelated as the lenses can’t do anything like the same quality as your tv.

That said, it’s worth pushing the headset up at front to see if that helps. The angle of the headset to get the best vision was a bit odd to me to start with. Higher at the front, lower at the back. Have a play around with the tilt angle and see if it helps. I was playing GT Sport a couple of days ago and doing that made quite a difference.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8571 on: October 3, 2020, 10:59:09 pm »
I know what you mean, sometimes it is just a bit pixelated as the lenses can’t do anything like the same quality as your tv.

That said, it’s worth pushing the headset up at front to see if that helps. The angle of the headset to get the best vision was a bit odd to me to start with. Higher at the front, lower at the back. Have a play around with the tilt angle and see if it helps. I was playing GT Sport a couple of days ago and doing that made quite a difference.

Cheers mate.

Had a bit of a read up on it and aparently it could also be because i’m on the original PS4?

People saying their images are noticeably clearer when using a PS4 Pro.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8572 on: October 3, 2020, 11:35:49 pm »
We’ve got a PSVR and both an original PS4 and a PS4 Pro. The image quality is slightly better when using it on the Pro but not a world of difference.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8573 on: November 9, 2020, 11:16:52 pm »
Can anyone help me before I lose my mind please!!

Trying to sort out online stuff for my nephew. He has Fifa 19 but never really played a whole lot so he didn’t want any of the new ones. But now with covid and the dark evenings he wants to be able to play his mates online. Will be using Fifa 19 until Christmas and will get the new one then.

Anyway, trying to set it up for him to play online but getting nowhere. We got the PlayStation plus subscription and then set up an account on origins but whatever I tried we couldn’t get it to connect to EA servers when we went into Fifa. are there any obvious things we should be looking out for? Was a nightmare trying to sort everything between using his Mams email etc.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8574 on: March 5, 2021, 10:04:24 am »
For anyone on PS Now, how do I join it? I'm trying to do a 7-day trial then get on the monthly plan but doesn't let me click any of the options on this page

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-now/#join

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8575 on: March 5, 2021, 10:19:25 am »
For anyone on PS Now, how do I join it? I'm trying to do a 7-day trial then get on the monthly plan but doesn't let me click any of the options on this page

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ps-now/#join

It’s possibly easier to do it directly from your PS4/5 or via the PS app. If you search for PS Now on the app it gives you all the purchase options and you just buy it via your account like a game.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #8576 on: March 5, 2021, 10:47:41 am »
Or you go here

https://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/playstation-now

and save yourself a bit of money. Instant digital key delivery. Just redeem on your account

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8577 on: March 5, 2021, 12:02:34 pm »
Couldn't get the free trial but managed to get 50% off on the Playstation app so 1 month for £4.49.

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #8578 on: March 8, 2021, 10:44:26 pm »
Any suggestions for an external hard drive? I tried a USB 2.0 500gb external hard drive tonight but it appears the minimum standard to use is USB 3.0.  Ideally want 500gb size but if a 1tb is more cost effective I don't mind getting one of those. Thanks all.
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8579 on: March 8, 2021, 10:51:05 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #8580 on: March 11, 2021, 08:01:20 pm »
Cheers for the advice. Got a Seagate 1tb and have formatted and now backing up everything.
Do you know if you can set the PS4 to automatically back up and either overwrite or update what's already backed up?
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8582 on: March 28, 2021, 08:23:19 pm »
Literally the best non PC game giveaways I've ever seen. If the PS4 is to take a final bow that is some swan song from Sony, give them that.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8583 on: March 28, 2021, 10:49:37 pm »
Yeah it’s great. Downloaded 4 or 5 of them.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #8584 on: May 7, 2021, 01:53:33 am »
Re-posting here just in case...

Has anyone experienced any issues playing Blu-Ray discs on particular TVs/players?  I've a Sony Bravia TV and I'm using a PS4 - I've watched from Blu-Ray discs on the last two evenings, but have just gone to watch something else and the disc menu doesn't seem to load.  The PS4 menu recognised the disc, and indeed knows what it is and shows the relevant graphics/logos, but I get nothing but a black screen when I click though to the disc.

Anyone encountered this or have any ideas how to resolve this?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8585 on: May 7, 2021, 06:06:50 am »
Re-posting here just in case...

They aren't Ultra HD are they?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #8586 on: May 7, 2021, 09:31:51 am »
They aren't Ultra HD are they?

No, standard HD logo and 1080p written on the box  :-\

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8587 on: May 7, 2021, 12:18:48 pm »
Guys

To play VR games (Resident Evil 7) on PS4 do I need to purchase the official PlayStation VR or is there a choice of compatible VR headsets out there?

Any info is appreciated as I am a total VR novice. Cheers

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8588 on: May 7, 2021, 12:26:20 pm »
Guys

To play VR games (Resident Evil 7) on PS4 do I need to purchase the official PlayStation VR or is there a choice of compatible VR headsets out there?

Any info is appreciated as I am a total VR novice. Cheers

You have to buy the Playstation VR kit. But you will also need a Playstation 4 camera and move controllers to get the full experience. You can get those pretty cheap 2nd hand now.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8589 on: May 7, 2021, 12:40:14 pm »
You have to buy the Playstation VR kit. But you will also need a Playstation 4 camera and move controllers to get the full experience. You can get those pretty cheap 2nd hand now.

The VR starter pack bundles I’ve seen include the camera.

Is the camera essential?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8590 on: May 7, 2021, 12:45:30 pm »
The VR starter pack bundles I’ve seen include the camera.

Is the camera essential?

Yeah you can't play it without.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8591 on: May 7, 2021, 12:48:37 pm »
The move controllers use the camera for tracking

I *think* you can use the VR with the standard controllers as well but still need the camera for tracking (it follows the colour the controller light puts out).

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8592 on: May 7, 2021, 12:50:53 pm »
Ok thanks guys. Getting there now.

Seems to be tons of preowned sets being sold on EBay. Which worries me as to why so many people are getting rid?

On the other hand finding stock on brand new bundles is really hard.

Is VR one of those things where the novelty wears off or is it genuinely good on PS4?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8593 on: May 7, 2021, 12:59:15 pm »
Ok thanks guys. Getting there now.

Seems to be tons of preowned sets being sold on EBay. Which worries me as to why so many people are getting rid?

On the other hand finding stock on brand new bundles is really hard.

Is VR one of those things where the novelty wears off or is it genuinely good on PS4?

Mine has been gathering dust for months. I can probably count on 1 hand how many times I've used it.

It really is a gimmick. the wires are bulky and get everywhere. The earphones are rubbish and dont stay in my ears.

Takes ages to set up the room for space, get all the controllers out and calibrate and get comfortable.

Probably the only game I enjoy playing with it is Tetris Effect VR as I can sit on my couch and have the headset on. That feels very immersive.

The rest are the usual shock based games and point a controller where you want to go, teleport to that location, shoot a bit then point in the next direction.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8594 on: May 7, 2021, 02:20:52 pm »
Yeah think I'll leave it.  Pity, as Resident Evil 7 in VR sounds fun.

Might put the money towards a PS5.