Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3443468 times)

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #33880 on: September 5, 2019, 09:00:10 am »
The longer they churn out the 'United way' the better it is for all. There is no inherent way. Just a managers way. Liverpool's way was always pass and move and we craved that style for success from souness through to Benitez . Then it was Benitez way and people accepted that , didn't hurt winning the champions league final in his first season to sway the crowd.United as the song goes are chasing waterfalls , hopefully they never realise that is not a possibility. 
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #33881 on: September 5, 2019, 09:03:00 am »
But would he be okay with his nickname changing to Big Mac?

He'd deffo eat himself

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #33882 on: September 5, 2019, 09:12:25 am »
This has caption potential.

AF " There ye go Degsy,go play with the train set I bought ye. You can have jelly and ice cream afterwards if ye a good boy"

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33883 on: September 5, 2019, 09:55:46 am »
When Moyes was appointed, I remember people here (POP?) were already laughing ("run dem laps" etc) rather than predicting more longterm success for them.

Certainly there were astute and  farsighted people here.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33884 on: September 5, 2019, 10:58:49 am »
Just read a good article regarding Wan-Bissaka, and how his tackling numbers shouldn't be held aloft to paint him as a defensive god - which many are doing.

The basis was that tackling is often a last resort as a result of a previous mistake a defender has made. That AWB relies heavily on his speed to get back into position after he's already made a mistake. Mistakes such as vacating space in his defensive area through pushing up, failing to intercept balls and so on.

So when AWB posts the highest tackling numbers since sliced bread, and people tell you he's better than Trent because of this, you tell them to fuck right off.

The prime example supporting this premise would be that situation last season (against Spurs?) where VVD covered a break by two players with the eventual shot coming from the weaker option and resulting in nothing without him diving in and trying to tackle the player.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33885 on: September 5, 2019, 11:08:27 am »
We must have watched and read different things.  ;D

It's amazing what we remember and what we filter out. I actually remember it being said that his last tile winning side wasn't that great and they were lucky that no one else was really up to challenging that season for various reasons.

Were people really only predicting a slight blip after Ferguson handed the reigns to Moyseh?  :o  If so, I've definitely filtered that comedy gold out of my mind.  :D

Pundits etc were very much on the blip rather than disaster side of the equation, the tone in here was rather different with greater expectations of them struggling due to that last league-winning side being one that Ferguson dragged over the line before it turned into a pumpkin.

The thing that has surprised (and delighted) me in the subsequent seasons is the sheer amount of money they have thrown at the problem while they continue to mostly regress. :lmao

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #33886 on: September 5, 2019, 11:21:38 am »
Totally agree with Gary Neville on this. Give Ole a new 10 year contract  :wave

"Solskjaer is working more with a squad like the one Klopp picked up at Liverpool than the one Guardiola inherited at City. From that point of view this is going to be a long game at Old Trafford and it's going to be frustrating at times. "There are going to be results like Southampton, Wolves and Crystal Palace along the way, but when you watch the team a lot of the principles are correct. "They seem to be playing the right way. You see Daniel James score that goal (at St Mary's) and you see the way in which they are trying to play. "The style of it is right. The bones are there but there's still a very long way to go, and it's going to be bumpy along the way."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #33887 on: September 5, 2019, 11:36:19 am »
Except none of that is true Gary.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33888 on: September 5, 2019, 11:47:13 am »
Totally agree with Gary Neville on this. Give Ole a new 10 year contract  :wave

"Solskjaer is working more with a squad like the one Klopp picked up at Liverpool than the one Guardiola inherited at City. From that point of view this is going to be a long game at Old Trafford and it's going to be frustrating at times. "There are going to be results like Southampton, Wolves and Crystal Palace along the way, but when you watch the team a lot of the principles are correct. "They seem to be playing the right way. You see Daniel James score that goal (at St Mary's) and you see the way in which they are trying to play. "The style of it is right. The bones are there but there's still a very long way to go, and it's going to be bumpy along the way."
But crucially Ole is no Klopp. No one is. So if Neville thinks that all Utd need to do is be patient and be willing to tolerate bumpy time to be successful one day ... he is dead wrong. That day may never arrive
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33889 on: September 5, 2019, 11:56:13 am »
Interesting discussion about Ferguson and his successor Moyes. Arsenal is going through the same adjustment period more or less after Wenger overstayed his welcome

Football club can be better at succession plan when it comes to Manager/Head Coach. Not sure whether our success with Paisley was a true succession plan. I would like to believe that Peter Robinson was a genius and knew all along that Paisley was the great manager and football mind that he proved to be. I am hoping that the club today while going for success on the field, keep at the back of its mind that preparing for life after Klopp is just as crucial
« Last Edit: September 5, 2019, 04:16:50 pm by MNAA »
coitus will occur

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33890 on: September 5, 2019, 12:03:03 pm »
Neville making it sound like the Southampton, Wolves and Palace results were blips in amongst some good performances and wins, instead of 3 out of their 4 games.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33891 on: September 5, 2019, 12:05:50 pm »
But crucially Ole is no Klopp. No one is. So if Neville thinks that all Utd need to do is be patient and be willing to tolerate bumpy time to be successful one day ... he is dead wrong. That day may never arrive

I disagree. I reckon Ole is the perfect man for the long term, to take them in exactly the direction I would like to see them go in.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline RAWK Meltdown #1

• "Assume they got our phones, assume they got our houses, assume they got us, right here, right now as we sit, everything. Assume it all..."
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • " When You Have To Shoot..Shoot...don't TIKI-TAKA"
« Reply #33892 on: September 5, 2019, 12:06:03 pm »
The thing is though, a good manager usually shows he's good within 1 or 2 seasons. Ferguson was an anomaly. If it's year 3 and you don't know if you have the right manager, it's a good sign you don't have the right manager.

I mean, would any of us be concerned about Ole being given more time, as if what United are lacking is merely stability? I'd love for him to be given another 5 years, because it's pretty clear he's not the man to restore their dominance.
I really think that it's whatever a manager "is walking into" which sets the tone for patience and expectation levels etc. Ferguson walked into a United who were underperforming and had been for some time. Back then, a notable improvement curve or an anomalous trophy was all that was needed to buy a manager a patience dividend from their club. However, in modern times, it's been recognized that good managers can usually get a 'tune' out of a poor side more or less instantly, and at the top level, this is what they're expected to do, even whilst they attempt any re-build or strengthening projects. Mid to lower level clubs, or even Championship clubs are now likely the only ones whose trajectory suits the 'unearthing' of a new Ferguson, because there is a steady growth curve for them to navigate, should they be successful.

The manager whose been briefed to maintain ongoing success without having any 'dips' or 'stutters' is an entirely different breed, and this was never going to be Moyes. To a great extent, it wasn't Souness [for us] either, or Roy Evans. Chelsea, for all their shenanigans hiring and firing have probably established the best template in recent times, but this was all accomplished by a very ruthless and single minded executive operating above the managerial position. Manchester United, having not only lost their "Ferguson"....have also not had an "Abramovich" cracking the whip on their succession managers which basically puts them in an operational limbo with no real advantages over any other clubs who just have to keep trying managers on for size, hoping that they'll eventually find a nice "fit."   
« Last Edit: September 5, 2019, 12:07:41 pm by ...anything will do. »
YNWA

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33893 on: September 5, 2019, 12:19:42 pm »

Also, I seem to remember some interview where Klopp said he assessed the players already at Liverpool when he arrived (or maybe even before taking the job?), and said "I could work with them, will be fun" or something like that.  He had Firmino, Coutinho, TAA, Gomez (before his injury), Milner, Origi, among others.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #33894 on: September 5, 2019, 12:23:02 pm »
Don’t know if he knew much about Trent, he would’ve been what? 17?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33895 on: September 5, 2019, 12:26:17 pm »
Neville is right, Ole needs time and lots of it.

I totally hope that happens.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33896 on: September 5, 2019, 12:49:23 pm »
Out-of-favour Manchester United midfielder Nemanja Matic has said manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have to hold himself responsible if the club are not in the running for the Premier League title this season.

:lmao :lmao

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/3935330/ole-to-blame-if-utd-dont-compete-for-prem-matic

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #33897 on: September 5, 2019, 02:28:49 pm »
Interesting discussion about Ferguson and his predecessor Moyes.
Preceding without preceding..?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33898 on: September 5, 2019, 02:30:05 pm »
:lmao :lmao

https://www.espn.com/soccer/manchester-united/story/3935330/ole-to-blame-if-utd-dont-compete-for-prem-matic
The funny thing in that article is 12% of people in the poll reckon United will finish as Champions.  :lmao

To be fair to Oleh, United not competing for the title is down to the incompetents who appointed him and the United fans themselves who were clamouring for his permanent appointment on the strength of his new manager bounce. The short-sightedness of all concerned is the real culprit. What's Oleh supposed to do if offered the post? He's not going to say no, is he?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Is right Massive Heed

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33900 on: September 5, 2019, 02:50:55 pm »
clearly he is talking about Edward Woodwardward - right? Who else is spending 80M on Maguire?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33901 on: September 5, 2019, 03:08:48 pm »
Roy Keane having a good old go at Ferguson. It is fun when Keane talks about Utd and in particular Ferguson. Especially when he refuses to call him Sir Alex, just "Ferguson"
I wonder do Utd fans like Keane now ? 

Offline Souness1

• Kopite
  • Lallana is the second coming
« Reply #33902 on: September 5, 2019, 03:16:03 pm »
Roy Keane having a good old go at Ferguson. It is fun when Keane talks about Utd and in particular Ferguson. Especially when he refuses to call him Sir Alex, just "Ferguson"

It seems to pop up every 2/3 years and never gets old. Could listen to Keane talk about Fergie for a good old while.

He mentioned that Robson and Bruce weren't treated well on their way out. Would like to know more about this.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33903 on: September 5, 2019, 03:29:28 pm »
It seems to pop up every 2/3 years and never gets old. Could listen to Keane talk about Fergie for a good old while.

He mentioned that Robson and Bruce weren't treated well on their way out. Would like to know more about this.

Me too. I think Keane is refreshing when he talks to be honest. I know he upset a lot of Utd fans last couple of season saying how good we were and how they need to try to be like us, he's right of course. I really enjoyed him showing Neville up last season when he got stuck into one of the full backs (probably Shaw) for not closing players down and Neville tried to defend him.
I'll bet if Utd fans could bring back 1 player from the last 20 years into their current team he would be at the top of the list

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33904 on: September 5, 2019, 03:33:45 pm »
Neville as always coming across a massive massive thunerc3nt in that video.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Is right Massive Heed

What do you call Harry Maguire after joining United?

A brain donor.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MNAA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33906 on: September 5, 2019, 04:17:34 pm »
Preceding without preceding..?
Haha ... well spotted. I was just testing you guys 😁
coitus will occur

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #33907 on: September 5, 2019, 04:19:32 pm »
Is right Massive Heed
Does he mean gifted compared to other United fans?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33908 on: September 5, 2019, 04:36:01 pm »
Fair play to Keane just calling out all the bullshit, no point acting like some could do no wrong when its a fucking myth

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33909 on: September 5, 2019, 05:03:28 pm »
The funny thing in that article is 12% of people in the poll reckon United will finish as Champions.  :lmao

To be fair to Oleh, United not competing for the title is down to the incompetents who appointed him and the United fans themselves who were clamouring for his permanent appointment on the strength of his new manager bounce. The short-sightedness of all concerned is the real culprit. What's Oleh supposed to do if offered the post? He's not going to say no, is he?

The best result last season was that win away at PSG. Fergie, Cantona and Smeagol in the dressing room, giving it the fist pump, the soft bastards jumped in feet first and gave him the job. Next thing they know, results go to shit and Suarez is laughing in front of the Stretford End ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33910 on: September 5, 2019, 05:31:12 pm »
Neville as ever making a total c*nt out of himself in this interview he’s doing with Keane.

He spent about 2 minutes trying to interrupt the interviewer, who keeps saying ‘I’ll ask this question then you ask you’re.’ And the fucking gimp keeps saying his question is better, then acts as if the interviewer is somehow doing him a disservice by telling him to wait, before finally putting in and saying ‘I guarantee my question is better than yours.’

Absolute fucking pleb with fuck all of value to say.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33911 on: September 5, 2019, 05:47:15 pm »
I think Jon Walters is an absolute bellend and I found some of the stuff Keane said about him to be really funny. But man come on, Roy. Don't mock someone for crying over the death of a family member. That's really low.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33912 on: September 5, 2019, 05:48:39 pm »
Me too. I think Keane is refreshing when he talks to be honest. I know he upset a lot of Utd fans last couple of season saying how good we were and how they need to try to be like us, he's right of course. I really enjoyed him showing Neville up last season when he got stuck into one of the full backs (probably Shaw) for not closing players down and Neville tried to defend him.
I'll bet if Utd fans could bring back 1 player from the last 20 years into their current team he would be at the top of the list

5 seconds in that dressing room would make him want to kill 99% of them.

Pogba, Lingard, Rashford, Martial, Lindelöf etc.  ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #33913 on: September 5, 2019, 06:55:14 pm »
The best result last season was that win away at PSG. Fergie, Cantona and Smeagol in the dressing room, giving it the fist pump, the soft bastards jumped in feet first and gave him the job. Next thing they know, results go to shit and Suarez is laughing in front of the Stretford End ;D
Yeh it's funny how things work out.

I remember that night I didn't even bother keeping tabs on their match because I assumed PSG would steamroller them. Cue end of match when a Utd supporting mate calls me swaggering about the win, and I'm like 'Really? Fuck that's bad', and the next few days/weeks were wall to wall swaggoh from them.

Yet now, looking back it was the best thing that could have happened. It made them feel invulnerable and they gave him the job, just days before the bounce ended and their collapse started. Just goes to show that something that seems bad may have a massive silver lining
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33914 on: September 5, 2019, 07:03:16 pm »
Is right Massive Heed
Wait, he sure didn't really say that, did he?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #33915 on: September 5, 2019, 07:22:35 pm »

The vast majority of United fans that I know consider Keane as the greatest United captain of all time

I don't see that changing anytime soon, regardless of how much he hammers Ferguson in the press or on podcasts
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33916 on: September 5, 2019, 07:33:23 pm »
Neville as always coming across a massive massive thunerc3nt in that video.

Which Neville?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33917 on: September 5, 2019, 07:34:26 pm »

Yes, the whole episode was rather delicious.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33918 on: September 5, 2019, 07:53:15 pm »
“I wouldn’t forgive Ferguson. The media spin, how I apparently upset everybody, it was all nonsense,” Keane told Off The Ball this week. “I think when he apologises I will probably say hello to him, yeah. [But] I’ve no interest in speaking to the man.

“People talk about Ferguson’s man-management. Don’t be kidded by all that. I was at the club when Bryan Robson left, when Steve Bruce left, two brilliant servants for Manchester United, and I didn’t like the way they were treated.”

“People said [Ferguson] always had the best interests of Manchester United at heart. Darren Ferguson [his son] won a medal. He was very lucky. [Alex Ferguson’s] brother was the chief scout for Manchester United for a long time. I’m surprised his wife wasn’t involved in the staff somewhere.

“Darren was [the manager] at Preston North End and lost his job. He had a couple of young players on loan from Manchester United, [but] guess what happens the next day? They’re pulled out of Preston. Is that doing the best for Manchester United? Do me a favour.”

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33919 on: September 5, 2019, 08:02:14 pm »
Pogba on the shortlist for Fifpro Men's World11.  Jesus wept.

On the plus side it will further pump up his overinflated ego.

The other Man U player on the shortlist is contract staller De Gea.  Should add another £50k/week to his negotiations.