Author Topic: Tottenham Terminate Terrible Tim  (Read 1217368 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Just how good are Spurs?
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2011, 06:19:33 pm »
Game in hand is home to Everton, in which, they've had 1 win, 1 draw and 3 losses in the last 5 seasons.....hmmmmmm

They'll twat Everton.

Unfortunately it seems that one of those four places is going to belong to Spurs at the end of the season, with Chelsea, Arsenal and ourselves fighting it out for the other one.

Offline youll never walk alone it

• Can no longer walk alone as he has whiplash... or that's what his insurer thinks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 26, 2011, 06:23:32 pm »
sian? thats way to early to be saying that..
Im drunk  but i havent had  a drink!  bob paisley after rome 77                The times i had here wernt all great, we only  finished 2nd one  season....the great  bob paisley

when shanks was asked  how he relaxed,  he said  he looks at the league table and checks where everton are...

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #122 on: November 26, 2011, 06:33:35 pm »
I think we should be were spurs are given the points we "dropped" so far. lets make sure we dont "drop" any more and we will be putting the pressure on spurs too, remember keeping pressure on the teams around us is vital, we must not let any gap open up between us

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2011, 06:35:01 pm »
Riding their luck to some extent right now. They were totally dominated by Fulham and still won. They struggled for periods today, got a soft soft penalty and managed to sneak a winner.

They wont go the distance, nowhere near. I just hope that when they start to skid, we are there to make them pay.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2011, 06:35:48 pm »
Best Spurs side in my lifetime.

To be fair, there isn't much competition.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2011, 06:37:29 pm »
very good team but in the fulham game they were hanging on a bit, think they're overachieving atm and wont keep up this pace until the end of the season but they are still a strong side, but many variables (redknapp's court case, adebayor realising he wont stay permanently and chelsea possibly coming in for modric/modric getting £100k a week and his teammates finding out about this) could knock them off their stride a bit

January could be a big month for them transfer wise, and not in the way they hope.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »
January could be a big month for them transfer wise, and not in the way they hope.

They didn't sell him for 50M when they were rock bottom in August, what makes you think they'll sell him in Jan when they are likely to be ahead of Chelsea ?

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2011, 06:45:25 pm »
If Modric moves in January then it is solely down to him being greedy for more money. There is absolutely no other reason to leave right now. He can't play for them in Europe, he's being made captain for various games at Spurs, they're on par with them in the league, and they play better football.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2011, 06:50:39 pm »
Nobody can deny they are a good collective team with many options, they will take some catching and I think some of us are still under-estimating them some what. It should be a good battle and we will need to improve.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2011, 06:51:28 pm »
If Modric moves in January then it is solely down to him being greedy for more money. There is absolutely no other reason to leave right now. He can't play for them in Europe, he's being made captain for various games at Spurs, they're on par with them in the league, and they play better football.

He will go for the money, I have no doubt about that.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2011, 07:08:25 pm »
he could if they get past valencia as he'd still be CL eligible like torres last year (and chelsea have left the #14 vacant like they did with the #9 last season, even though lukaku wore that number at anderlecht)

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2011, 07:47:10 pm »
We need them to start losing/drawing soon, as at the moment, they're easily the second best side in the league. Which means we're fighting Arsenal and Chelsea for 4th, and let's face it, how long are Chelsea going to be playing this shite when their owner can just go and spend £100m in January to ensure they're in the CL next season?

Redknapp/Levy keeping Modric even after he handed in a transfer request has been a master stroke. In fact, if I was Modric now, I'd stay at Tottenham than go across London and play for Chelsea.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »
He can play in CL if they are still in it.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2011, 08:26:03 pm »
They'll twat Everton.

Unfortunately it seems that one of those four places is going to belong to Spurs at the end of the season, with Chelsea, Arsenal and ourselves fighting it out for the other one.

I agree they look a really good bet at the moment for one of top four spaces and with the two Manchester Clubs a shoe in that leaves room for one more. It is going to be really tough for us to get top four this year. Looks like three of the so called 'big four' will be battling out for 1 CL place. Just shows how quickly things can change.   
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2011, 08:28:31 pm »
Redknapp gets alot of stick on here, he's a tit but to be fair he's assembled a cracking attacking team there, first 11 anyway.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2011, 08:34:41 pm »
Redknapp gets alot of stick on here, he's a tit but to be fair he's assembled a cracking attacking team there, first 11 anyway.

Adebayor has proven to be good buy as well imagine the uproar there be on here if we signed him.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2011, 09:18:05 pm »
They've got a pretty rough couple of months from the end of January to the end of March, so based on their current form it looks like we might just need to keep pace with them and not fall too far behind until then. That said, they've got a few attackers who blow hot and cold, and a fairly injury prone VDV, so they could easily hit a rough patch again over a busy christmas.

With Liverpool still being a team in transition I think we can only really improve from here on, whereas Tottenham are playing at the highest level they have for a long time, so we'll have to see how the form of each team continues .

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2011, 09:27:51 pm »
Adebayor has proven to be good buy as well imagine the uproar there be on here if we signed him.

I don't think anyone would have objected to us taking Adebayor on loan for a year.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2011, 10:16:04 pm »
He will go for the money, I have no doubt about that.
He may well do but it wont be in January.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2011, 10:34:22 pm »
He can't play for them in Europe

Yeah he can. He can't play for another Europa League team, but if Chelsea stay in the European Cup he'll be fine.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:27 pm »

Nah. With Adebayor's record of fucking off and screwing about, I'd wait until the end of his time there to decide whether he was a good signing.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Walk On

• Legacy Fan
  • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart ...
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2011, 12:18:08 am »
Don't like them one bit and have not thought much about their squad.  That said, they seem to be doing all the right things and are getting the results... seems like a a very capable squad and then some.

The battle to get in and stay in the top 4 is going to be intense!
- Rebuilding the Bastion

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2011, 12:36:37 am »
Big test today without Modric and Van der Vaart and they did well, albeit with a bit of fortune.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2011, 12:43:32 am »
So what they beat west bwom with hodgson's prehistoric tactics. We are barely half way through the season
and they are on a rich vein of form. If we can keep up with them till Fed. we can catch them by May. They are due a slump in form and King will have time off eventually (as will van persie for arsenal). Spurs are Spurs at the end of the day...

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2011, 12:45:40 am »
So,they'll be 2nd if they win their game in hand? :butt
Jeez,if our battle for 4th is against Chelsea and Arsenal,we are in for it big time.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2011, 04:13:32 am »
Was gonna pop a few quid on them to finish second but the odds weren't as generous as I had hoped.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2011, 05:35:22 am »
If that's true, I might pop a few quid on them finishing fourth or lower.  Even third or lower, if the odds were anywhere near evens.  Every good team has a great run at some point; Spurs are on theirs.  They look very good, and I think they'll end up in the top 4, but talk of second is overblown.

At this point, Sian has it right.  The two Manchester clubs are a lock for top 4, and Spurs look very likely to take one of the other spots.  That means we have to beat Chelsea and Arsenal to get CL football next season.  While I'd never say it's impossible, looking at it today I don't feel overly confident.  I suppose it depends on what happens in January.  If Spurs are weakened significantly, or we buy big, it could change the equation, but it's more likely that Harry will spend, and you know Abramovich will throw money at his problems, and we're going to have to improve just to keep up.
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2011, 09:55:03 am »
Riding their luck to some extent right now. They were totally dominated by Fulham and still won. They struggled for periods today, got a soft soft penalty and managed to sneak a winner.

They wont go the distance, nowhere near. I just hope that when they start to skid, we are there to make them pay.

I thought they played WBA?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2011, 10:02:45 am »
Spurs are a good side, no doubt about that. They have the best balanced midfield in the country but perhaps not the depth in quality.

If they can keep it going for a few weeks more then Man City may get some overdue justice with the Adebayor loan deal.

Previously they had been happy to loan him out because they felt IMO that Spurs would not be anywhere near where they were aiming, despite the fact that it would make things much more difficult for the other sides challenging for top 4.

What happens to the loan deal in January of Spurs are City's biggest challengers.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2011, 10:06:42 am »
Right now they are very good. Getting luck, and on a brilliant run.

Hard to judge unless they go through a dip....then will be able to offer a proper opinion. i know the first two games were bad but they can be ignored because of the whole Modric thing i reckon.

They will not hold this run forever....and it will depend on how they react to a bad run which will show us what they are worth.

Ditto for Arsenal. and us too to a point
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2011, 10:00:08 pm »
Very good... but as with all teams, they need to reproduce this form over an entire season.

Holding onto Modric is proving to be a masterstroke.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:14 pm »
So,they'll be 2nd if they win their game in hand? :butt
Jeez,if our battle for 4th is against Chelsea and Arsenal,we are in for it big time.

Not really, we're capable of being just as good as them.

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2011, 10:42:33 pm »
Not really, we're capable of being just as good as them.

Honestly don't think there is too much between the 4 teams challenging for 3rd and 4th. IMO Spurs are overacheiving and Chelsea are underachieving making it 4 teams battling for 2 places instead of just fighting with Arsenal for 4th.

Spurs' biggest weakness is their reliance on King. If King stays fit Spurs will finish in top 4. If he is injured even for a couple of months they will lose too many points and will be out of it.

Offline d gorgeous one haz spoken

• and said "You're ugly"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2011, 10:57:16 pm »

Spurs' biggest weakness is their reliance on King. If King stays fit Spurs will finish in top 4. If he is injured even for a couple of months they will lose too many points and will be out of it.

I disagree, I've also heard people say that they can't cope without VDV's goals or Modric' influence. Well they were without both against Fulham and still won.

They have one of the stand-out squads. If they can cope without both VDV and Modric, they will cope without King as well (even for a longer period).

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2011, 11:21:27 pm »
King WILL play v us and be MOTM..always seems to do it the c*nt
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2011, 01:15:28 am »
*Hopes for impolosion*.

I can't stand that club, to me they're a small club and will always be. They always bang about themselves as if they were European Champions and this is the second time in my life they've even been close to being a side any top side would fear.

* Their manager
* Kaboul's dirty play.
* Modric crybaby style
* Adebayor

They've essentially put together an entire team of non-Manc players I've always detested, I really hope they start to slide now, it would be the hardest hit we've taken for a long time to finish below that shite club three years in a row. Some Argentine or Brazilian player might believe they're a big club after that!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:08:48 am by Roslagen »
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline Broken Accidental Stars

• Kopite
  • Gedites know who le vrai Roi is
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2011, 01:38:18 am »
*Hopes for impolosion*.

I can't stand that club, to me they're a small club and will always be. They always bang about themselves as if they were European Champions and this is the second time in my life they've even been close to being a side any top side would fear.

* Their manager
* Kaboul's dirty play.
* Modric crybaby style
* Adebayor

They've essentially put together an entire team of non-Manc players I've always detested, I really hope they start to slide now, it would be the hardest hit we've taken for a long time to finish below that shite club three years in a row. Some latinos might believe they're a big club after that!

A small club with 2 UEFA Cups and 8 FA Cups? Going by your grievances, have you only heard of Spurs since 2009? I wish people would stop basing their opinions of fans they've never met on media hype, it's the same nonsense that gets us labelled as deluded idiots who think every year is "our year" by outside fans. And what does that Latino comment even mean?
"Inspirational quote on perseverance, unfinished business, and fighting the good fight."
- Gérard Houllier

The ship has been steadied, le retour du Roi est bientôt arrivé.
Hic iacet Gérard Houllier, rex quondam, rexque futurus.

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2011, 02:26:15 am »
King WILL play v us and be MOTM..always seems to do it the c*nt

Bit harsh. Brilliant player. If not for the shoddy knees, he'd be England's number one centreback.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2011, 02:48:55 am »
Bit harsh. Brilliant player. If not for the shoddy knees, he'd be England's number one centreback.
He is a very good defender, it is just frustrating that he goes missing for most of the season yet for some reason regains his fitness just against us, shuts our attack and then goes missing the following week.

Although IIRC, the Stoke game last weekend was his first absence from their squad in a while.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2011, 03:10:39 am »
A small club with 2 UEFA Cups and 8 FA Cups?

Well compare it with Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Inter, Juventus, Bayern München, Lyon, Valencia et cetera Tottenham is a small club. You in person seems to be after me, which is shame, have I done you anything?

The Latino thing? What I meant is that soon players like Agüero will be interested when they come round - thinking they're a big club...

Okay let's see what they've done in my lifetime in terms of league positions:

1990-91: 10th
1991-92: 15th
1992-93: 8th
1993-94: 15th
1994-95: 7th
1995-96: 8th
1996-97: 10th
1997-98: 14th
1998-99: 11th
1999-00: 10th
2000-01: 12th
2001-02: 9th
2002-03: 10th
2003-04: 14th
2004-05: 9th
2005-06: 5th
2006-07: 5th
2007-08: 11th
2008-09: 8th
2009-10: 4th
2010-11: 5th

In my lifetime that's worse than Aston Villa's peaks and a worse average than those too... yet you call them a big club for winning the UEFA Cup 30 years ago?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 03:21:14 am by Roslagen »
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.