Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Media and Arts / Re: Megalopolis a film 50 years in the making
« Last post by Hedley Lamarr on Today at 07:00:45 am »
Can't wait. Has anyone got a better 4 film run than his 4 70s movies? Godfather 1 & 2, The Conversation and Apocalypse Now. Did my thesis on him years ago, always love the quote about him - think it's from a review of one of the 80s movies

"he may have the commercial sense of a newt, but he has the heart of a revolutionary, and the talent of a great artist"

The Conversation is one of my favourite films of all time, but I think Bogdanovic's run of Targets, The Last Picture Show, What's Up Doc ? and Paper Moon is impressive.  There's also Hitchcock with Vertigo, North By Northwest, Psycho and The birds.
The Boozer / Re: Things You’ve Never Done
« Last post by TepidT2O on Today at 07:00:14 am »
Yes . I have been on a TGV from Narbonne to Paris and from Narbonne to Barcelone without paying for a ticket. Not at the same time though .

And they doubted me ;D

I’ve taken the local coast train down to Barcelona.  Was odd to get on a train that was clean comfortable and had air con that actually did the job!
Replacing PGMOL isn't on the table. Getting rid of VAR is. So does the game improve with PGMOL dropping VAR or get worse?. Some say it's at an all time low at the moment. Everyone will have access to the replays anyway and so can still see what they are doing. We will have to accept human error, which you cant with VAR, will that be possible given the corruption calls?. I am still in favour of dropping it, if for nothing else, the current refs will have had the technology and then be left to do it on their own. If they still cant officiate to a decent level either way, there may next be changes to "who" officiates the game or bring in mic's, change the rules etc.
General Football and Sport / Re: Pro Cycling 2023
« Last post by Knight on Today at 06:48:53 am »
As we've seen there's a bug in the peloton, and he's already been unwell. An off, ala LBL, and it's done. It's presumptive to talk of a double when there's the Giro to finish and the lead up races to the TDF.

As to a triple, there's a reason it's never been done. And I'd think any team thinking of attempting such a feat doesn't have the well being of that ride to the fore.

He had one shocker in Le tour last year but that was after non ideal preparation. typically he’s pretty good at sustaining it over 3 weeks. It’ll take crashes or illness from here. Which are still very doable obviously. It’ll be interesting to see what level Evenpoel is at these days - I know we’re sceptics of his in here, for good reason, but if he can sustain a level for 3 weeks (and we’ve rarely seen this in his case) I reckon he can compete with a Pogacar whose already got the giro in his legs. Roglic will be really good I suspect if he can stay upright. Vingegaard’s injuries are surely too serious to be back in time (I can see him riding Le tour but not winning it) - he’ll probably win the vuelta though. 
The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by gazzam1963 on Today at 06:33:40 am »
Wordle 1,062 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: リバプールへようこそ 遠藤
« Last post by SamLad on Today at 06:29:36 am »
World cups are terrible places to scout players. His club numbers suggested he was a pretty mediocre player.
yeah but I threw his name in as a a response to the proposal that what we need in the 6 role is legs not skill. we need peak Fab - or close-to-peak Fab anyway.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by JRed on Today at 06:28:27 am »
I reckon we will get more points. Many players still in the development stage. Plus Arteta will clear more deadwood form the squad and stack it even further. There will be no sales of players we want to keep, and we will invest in the team again.
…and still end up winning fuck all
Media and Arts / Re: Only connect...
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 06:27:51 am »
Connections
Puzzle #340
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
General Football and Sport / Re: The NFL Thread
« Last post by Rosario on Today at 06:24:37 am »
Just to add, week 1, Tom Brady will be making his debut in the booth for the Cowboys @ Browns game, which is the late game.

Wonder if Greg Olson can manage to get a number 1 gig somewhere else once his contract ends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10