Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2878458 times)

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #8400 on: March 18, 2019, 07:55:04 pm »
Watched the replay of the Fulham game there and there was one point after one of our corners in the second half, where Fulham were counter attacking at pace.

Salah sprinted the length of the pitch to defend, at one point ending up in our box mucking in. This to me shows incredible desire and will to win.

Yes he may not be scoring as many as last season, but he is still contributing hugely to the team and anyone slagging him off can get to fuck. Love him.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8401 on: March 18, 2019, 08:29:42 pm »
That’s interesting, think someone else also flagged it earlier in the thread - thanks to you both!

When he was apparently going through a tough spell at the start of this season i did mention how this was to be expected. The article above shows how hes getting less shots away from his most lethal area - something I noticed at the start of the season. What it doesn’t really talk about is why.

He was one of the most high profile and dangerous attackers in world football last season. This season defences have been a lot tougher on him and making sure they shut down that area of the pitch a lot more aggressively when he’s on the prowl. It’s visibly a tougher physical challenge for him this season - of course, every big club has access to the stats which show where he was the most lethal - getting into the box from the right side (his right facing goal) and on his left foot to shoot at goal.

Managers and coaches and defences focused a lot more on shutting that area of the pitch down for him and they’ve obviously made it harder for him because of the extra physical attention players at his level always get. He responded to the physical side remarkably - he’s strong and quick and has the mentality to go into that battle and win.

I think Klopp responded to it a bit by freeing him up more and focusing on leading the line (something he was doing by the end of last season too to be fair) and looking for those spaces through the last defender.

He’s doing great in my opinion - despite the lack of as many goals, he’s still scored at a great rate and by being able to still score goals with all that extra attention, it’s freed up space elsewhere. Mane’s really grabbed that opportunity and he’s now playing at such a high level, he’ll also start getting more focus.

Salah will carry on scoring, this handful of games has been a bit of a blip but as long as we carry on scoring it’s fine.

As teams adapt to our style more and more, and shut down the spaces/situations we attack so aggressively, we’ll need to continue responding with more creativity in how we set up.

That’s where I think 2 attack minded number 8s or 1 attack minded 8 and a 10 is key to the whole thing at the moment (everywhere else on the pitch we’re actually golden!) To have that attacking drive from midfield again will again push the opponent’s defensive focus around - all of a sudden you have Salah, Mane, Firmino and 2 other players from deep who can also drive the attack forward. Lallana gave us the perfect example of why it’s an important trait for a team to have last week. We have Ox on his comeback trail (has been a long 12 months...) and Keita to get up to speed. A creative number 10/8 hybrid in the summer would be good (Shaqiri did a good job for us in that role, although hasnt played much at all for some reason) to add to the roster. Should get Coutinho back in. I also like the idea of him coming back home and operating at a world class level in a Red shirt beaming ear to ear. Good example to the rest of the squad, some of whom will surely be considering moving to a Barca/Real Madrid at some point if not already. Winning the CL/PL double would also do it to be fair - playing in the best team/club to be at at the moment and all that.

This is where I think stats help to answer the "what" question but parsing the "why" can be very hard depending on "what" is.  If we're talking about "what" a team isn't good at passing then it's usually pretty simple as the "why" will be that passes happen a lot in a game in comparison to most other actions and some players/teams are clearly better at it than others.  But if the "what" is a player isn't scoring as much and the "why" isn't as simple as a hot or cold finishing streak then it's much more convoluted as to what "why" really is.

For Salah's case in particular, there's 21 other players on the field all interacting with Mo in various ways.  Mane's assists have disappeared, Ox has been injured, we have changed tactics/formations, etc etc.  I don't think there's any one thing that will explain why he isn't scoring as much and if there is the people that have that figured out aren't saying, at least publicly.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #8402 on: March 18, 2019, 08:43:18 pm »
Watched the replay of the Fulham game there and there was one point after one of our corners in the second half, where Fulham were counter attacking at pace.

Salah sprinted the length of the pitch to defend, at one point ending up in our box mucking in. This to me shows incredible desire and will to win.

Yes he may not be scoring as many as last season, but he is still contributing hugely to the team and anyone slagging him off can get to fuck. Love him.
That bit was brilliant although his defending wasn’t great from the Fulham lad who faked to have a shot and he turned his back! He also put in a shift against Bayern to help Trent out on numerous occasions in the first half.

I think he’ll be back to his best against Spurs - well rested and fire in his belly. He’s probably had a kick up the ass from Jurgen to forget his personal milestone and become more of a team player for the final run in.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8403 on: March 18, 2019, 08:53:35 pm »
I could be massively wrong but i think last year Bobby was on about 24 goals in the 2nd leg against City which is obviously a few games further into the season than we are right now but still. Mo would obviously be beyond that at the same point. I think Mane is the only one of the three to have exceeded last seasons numbers so i reckon we're probably a bit behind last years total at the same stage

Yes and we're top of the league as a result.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8404 on: March 18, 2019, 09:11:49 pm »
Normally when one player dominates it's all we're a one man team, we need to spread the goals around etc. Then when the goals are spread around they're apoplectic about it.

Being at the top of the league for much of the season has really forced people to be creative in coming up with ways to moan about stuff. It should be marvelled at really.

Makes me yearn for a simpler time

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8405 on: March 18, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
I could be massively wrong but i think last year Bobby was on about 24 goals in the 2nd leg against City which is obviously a few games further into the season than we are right now but still. Mo would obviously be beyond that at the same point. I think Mane is the only one of the three to have exceeded last seasons numbers so i reckon we're probably a bit behind last years total at the same stage

Maybe one of the stat guys will look it up,I doubt the commentator would've said it if it wasn't true,he was more than likely talking about league goals only though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8406 on: March 18, 2019, 09:40:39 pm »

T'was a dark time..

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8407 on: March 18, 2019, 11:26:44 pm »

I'm trying to find the person that last posted it but I believe it's within a 1-3 goal difference, so almost exactly the same.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8408 on: March 18, 2019, 11:30:23 pm »
Match of the day 2 said front 3 are 12 short of last season's total iirc

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8409 on: March 19, 2019, 12:21:20 am »
Whilst I know Mo ran hot at the end of last year I'm certain he didn't double his tally from 20 to 44 in eight weeks so he is definitely not at the same rate, Firmino is also at about half last years total so with a max of 12 games left they would both have to double what they have done so far to equal last season. Mane is exactly level with his total last year having played 6 games less so he should comfortably do better than last season based on current form but its unlikely to be enough to make up the deficit of the other two. We would need them to score a combined 3 goals a game for the rest of the season.

On second thoughts I'm all for that, come on boys you can do it  :)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8410 on: March 19, 2019, 12:35:31 am »
Last year at this time [all competitions]

Salah - 36 goals [10 assists]
Firmino - 23 goals [13 assists]
Mane - 14 goals [8 assists]

Right now

Salah - 20 goals [8  assists]
Mane - 20 goals [1 assist]
Firmino - 13 goals [4 assists]

Half the goals and assists for Firmino, decrease in assists for Mane but 6 more goals. Salah with 16 less goals and 2 less assists in comparison.

Firmino has been the most disappointing out of the 3. Mo was never going to replicate his last year's goal-scoring, but assist wise he is more than likely going to match what he did, and at least score 5 more goals imo before the season is over.

Keep in mind that the numbers are skewed. For one, we had two more games played in europe due to the qualifiers last season We also had a piss easy group in comparison where we racked up tons of goals against Maribor and Spartak Moscow.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8411 on: March 19, 2019, 12:45:49 am »

Right now

Half the goals and assists for Firmino, decrease in assists for Mane but 6 more goals. Salah with 16 less goals and 2 less assists in comparison.

Firmino has been the most disappointing out of the 3. Mo was never going to replicate his last year's goal-scoring, but assist wise he is more than likely going to match what he did, and at least score 5 more goals imo before the season is over.

Keep in mind that the numbers are skewed. For one, we had two more games played in europe due to the qualifiers last season We also had a piss easy group in comparison where we racked up tons of goals against Maribor and Spartak Moscow.

Nice one mate, you were willing to put in the extra effort I can't right now as I'm at work :)

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #8412 on: March 19, 2019, 12:52:41 am »
He’s doing great in my opinion - despite the lack of as many goals, he’s still scored at a great rate and by being able to still score goals with all that extra attention, it’s freed up space elsewhere. Mane’s really grabbed that opportunity and he’s now playing at such a high level, he’ll also start getting more focus.

Salah will carry on scoring, this handful of games has been a bit of a blip but as long as we carry on scoring it’s fine.

As teams adapt to our style more and more, and shut down the spaces/situations we attack so aggressively, we’ll need to continue responding with more creativity in how we set up.

That’s where I think 2 attack minded number 8s or 1 attack minded 8 and a 10 is key to the whole thing at the moment (everywhere else on the pitch we’re actually golden!) To have that attacking drive from midfield again will again push the opponent’s defensive focus around - all of a sudden you have Salah, Mane, Firmino and 2 other players from deep who can also drive the attack forward. Lallana gave us the perfect example of why it’s an important trait for a team to have last week. We have Ox on his comeback trail (has been a long 12 months...) and Keita to get up to speed. A creative number 10/8 hybrid in the summer would be good (Shaqiri did a good job for us in that role, although hasnt played much at all for some reason) to add to the roster. Should get Coutinho back in. I also like the idea of him coming back home and operating at a world class level in a Red shirt beaming ear to ear. Good example to the rest of the squad, some of whom will surely be considering moving to a Barca/Real Madrid at some point if not already. Winning the CL/PL double would also do it to be fair - playing in the best team/club to be at at the moment and all that.

Agree with all of this. I think we've made a number of tactical decisions this year which are relevant to Salah's performance.

One, as you've noted, is to give Salah more freedom to lead the line, a pre-emptive move to give him more autonomy to move against attacks that are designed to shut him down in his favourite areas of the pitch.

The others are in midfield, where I think we've largely played without a 10 for most of the season, with more sporadic attacking contributions from the Keita, Wijnaldum, Milner and Henderson, whereas last season we had first Coutinho and then Ox providing that extra attacking impetus from midfield. I think that's been due to available personnel on the one hand - Keita is still getting up to speed, Gini has other jobs Klopp wants him to hold down, Milner's never been quite that driving midfield force and Henderson hasn't played in that position regularly for yonks. At the same time, I think we have more consciously tried to control games rather than go hell for leather. That's been a factor in fewer goals conceded because all 3 midfielders have typically done a good shift in defensive responsibilities, which I think has been ultimately to the team's benefit, but perhaps to the detriment of Salah's goalscoring.

But I think there are games (our litany of recent draws for example), where it would have been useful to have someone dedicated to a bit more forward thinking, which would free Salah up a bit more. 

I think Klopp realises this, which is why we've seen Lallana's been given a midfield brief recently, with varying success against Burnley and Fulham. I suspect he doesn't trust Shaqiri tactically - unclear exactly why - to perform the same role, because clearly he has something to contribute as a source of creativity and goals.

This will be an interesting space to watch in the off-season and early next season, because we should have (hopefully) a number of players who can perform this function, but who equally may not:

i) Keita - May or may not grow into being a more attacking CM
ii) Ox - Performed this role before, but recovering from long-term injury
iii) Lallana - Performed this role before, but getting older and less dynamic
iv) Shaqiri - Started the season very well, but not trusted in recent games to play in any position.

What's clear is that we could use a guy in midfield who can support the attack better than the midfield has this season. Hopefully a combination of the guys we have can do that job, and if not, we take the necessary steps to address it with a transfer. I don't think it's that big an ask, when you consider that we were looking at Fekir anyway, before his medical. Hopefully that results in Salah and Firmino being a bit harder to stop next season.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8413 on: March 19, 2019, 01:02:02 am »
Nice one mate, you were willing to put in the extra effort I can't right now as I'm at work :)

No worries mate, the thread I started a couple of years ago came in handy  ;D

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #8414 on: March 19, 2019, 01:57:34 am »

It really kept the opposition guessing, they never knew if or when we were going to score!

Oh for those heady days

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #8415 on: March 19, 2019, 02:45:31 am »
I think the international break has come at a good time for him. He sets himself very high standards and obviously last year was of really high standard. A big team at home after the break will motivate him even more. Wouldn’t be surprised if he got back to scoring ways against Spurs.
YWNA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8416 on: March 19, 2019, 02:46:40 am »
I think the international break has come at a good time for him. He sets himself very high standards and obviously last year was of really high standard. A big team at home after the break will motivate him even more. Wouldn’t be surprised if he got back to scoring ways against Spurs.

Still upset that his 2nd goal against those lot last year wasn't the winning goal. It's my favorite goal that he's scored for us.

Will need a big performance from him and I think he'll get it done.

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #8417 on: March 19, 2019, 03:26:07 am »
Seeing a lot of discussion on the goal scoring comparison amongst the front 3 and a lot talked about midfield etc but didnt we decide that our approach this year has priortised defensive stability, so in the bigger picture, dip in goal scoring par for the course.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8418 on: March 19, 2019, 09:13:21 am »
Seeing a lot of discussion on the goal scoring comparison amongst the front 3 and a lot talked about midfield etc but didnt we decide that our approach this year has priortised defensive stability, so in the bigger picture, dip in goal scoring par for the course.

Was about to make the same point.

Last year we all out attacked every side we played and went for the throat. There is definitely a more defensive approach being taken this year which I think would naturally see the numbers for our front three go down regardless of form.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8419 on: March 19, 2019, 09:54:26 am »
There is a stat going around this morning that says that Salah has performed the 2nd highest amount of sprints of any player in the Pl this season (after chiwell, robertson 3rd), keep working hard Mo' it will come...

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8420 on: March 19, 2019, 05:33:10 pm »

Mostly because a few people were claiming the front three were only a few goals behind last season which clearly they aren't.

I think its a two part thing, we have looked to be more compact at the back and as Klopp keeps saying trying to control games when we are ahead which means less 'heavy metal football' but also as Redcap mentions a few posts up we have been missing the link player we had last year with Coutinho and then Ox. Hopefully we address this in the summer either by getting the personnel we have fit and firing or if need be buying a player to do that

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8421 on: March 19, 2019, 09:38:49 pm »
Yes and we're top of the league as a result.

I wasn't saying it was a bad thing :lmao just answering a post mate. No ones complaining about the reduction in goals, its just an observation

Right now

I did think so to be honest, we play a different game to last season so it was expected in all honesty, your last point adds to it as well in terms of the extra games and sides faced.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #8422 on: March 19, 2019, 10:29:34 pm »
There is so much context to consider before an opinion on Salah's goals return can be made.

Firstly, rarely do players break the premier league scoring record and then continue at those same levels - if he had scored 15-20 last season that would have been a good return, so its the drop from last season's high that he is being judged by - ignoring the fact that he's scored only one less than Aguero.

Secondly, our style of play is very different this year - going for a much more pragmatic approach and less gung ho and heavy metal. We're winning games by smaller margins and managing the game out instead of trying to get a 3rd, 4th or 5th goal and leaving ourselves exposed. The table is validation for that approach - we are 13 points better of at this stage compared to last season, having scored less goals.

Thirdly, look at Mane this season - he is scoring more not only because he is a great player, but because he has more space and so much attention is now on Salah. Mo is regularly up against 2 or 3 defenders, having his shirt pulled, heels clipped, and being bullied off the ball - all signs of a player that defenders are scared of.

There's probably also a little bit of second season syndrome, a little more pressure after breaking records last year, and the fact we're in a title push. And he's only human.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8423 on: March 19, 2019, 11:13:01 pm »
I do think as well as this little mini drought he's currently in, he may have had the fastest to 50 record in his head. Whenever he has a record in his reach he seems extra motivated to score

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #8424 on: March 19, 2019, 11:20:13 pm »
There's nothing wrong (at all) with Mohammed Salah. He needs a goal or two sure, but his general play is fine and is commitment is unquestioned. He might be making some questionable decisions during games, but we have no player in reserve who is remotely as good.  Currently he's a vital member of the team at the top of the league.

A bit of realism please.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 11:26:09 pm by Gaz123456 »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8425 on: March 19, 2019, 11:56:16 pm »
I wasn't saying it was a bad thing :lmao just answering a post mate. No ones complaining about the reduction in goals, its just an observation

I did think so to be honest, we play a different game to last season so it was expected in all honesty, your last point adds to it as well in terms of the extra games and sides faced.

Sorry on reflection that came across as a bit scathing and I wasn't actually having a go. Should've expanded on my original remark, there's obviously a lot more emphasis on being solid this year which will reduce the amount of goals being scored.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8426 on: March 20, 2019, 12:38:37 am »
Sorry on reflection that came across as a bit scathing and I wasn't actually having a go. Should've expanded on my original remark, there's obviously a lot more emphasis on being solid this year which will reduce the amount of goals being scored.

Nah no worries mate, I know things can come across in the wrong way when its just a few words on a screen. I agree, our approach is vital as a consideration when comparing the front 3's goalscoring records

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #8427 on: March 20, 2019, 03:59:53 am »
I want to complain much about Salah and slating him badly but when I remember this... I just keep quiet and just look forward.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #8428 on: March 20, 2019, 08:50:59 am »
I've read many people relieved that Salah is resting during this international week. Well, on more than one occasion it is his goals for Egypt which gave him a boost and aided his goalscoring form for Liverpool. There's a few small cases, but the major one is when he started his first season well but wasn't converting enough chances, but then after scoring the World Cup qualifying goal for Egypt, he returned to Anfield buzzing and that's when his goal numbers rocketed.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:07:22 am by SteveZissou »
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8429 on: March 20, 2019, 10:39:11 am »
He will eventually find form, not really a concern at all.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8430 on: March 20, 2019, 10:49:15 am »

We've got 7 league games left  :D

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #8431 on: March 20, 2019, 10:52:02 am »
I want to complain much about Salah and slating him badly but when I remember this... I just keep quiet and just look forward.

Jesus christ, good reminder to be happy with what we got!

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #8432 on: March 20, 2019, 11:23:57 am »
Jesus christ, good reminder to be happy with what we got!
No wonder Aquilani wasn't heartbroken to leave
 ;D

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8433 on: March 20, 2019, 01:05:43 pm »
I've read many people relieved that Salah is resting during this international week. Well, on more than one occasion it is his goals for Egypt which gave him a boost and aided his goalscoring form for Liverpool. There's a few small cases, but the major one is when he started his first season well but wasn't converting enough chances, but then after scoring the World Cup qualifying goal for Egypt, he returned to Anfield buzzing and that's when his goal numbers rocketed.

Any kind of break is crucial for him at this stage - there's no way he isn't tired.
After playing the entirety of last season without a real break he got injured, rushed back and went to the world cup then a short break including rehabbing the injury and into preseason.
Since then he's played almost every game for us and (without checking) played the most minutes of any outfield player ... during that time he's recorded the most sprints per game of anyone in the league (!!!)
Very hard to do that without a physical and mental drop off at some point

Honestly our handling of him hasn't been great but then he's our most important player so you accept him at 90% of his max is better than the alternatives.
Hope he's getting rest these two weeks and it gets him closer to his best for the run in.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8434 on: March 20, 2019, 01:15:33 pm »
Any kind of break is crucial for him at this stage - there's no way he isn't tired.
After playing the entirety of last season without a real break he got injured, rushed back and went to the world cup then a short break including rehabbing the injury and into preseason.
Since then he's played almost every game for us and (without checking) played the most minutes of any outfield player ... during that time he's recorded the most sprints per game of anyone in the league (!!!)

Honestly our handling of him hasn't been great but then he's our most important player so you accept him at 90% of his max is better than the alternatives.
Hope he's getting rest these two weeks and it gets him closer to his best for the run in.

WEll said

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8435 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:02 pm »

Lads, remind me who is the guy third from the left in the upper row. Who also looks like he had his head photoshopped.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8436 on: March 20, 2019, 02:44:13 pm »

Talk about stating the obvious mate..  ;D
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8437 on: March 20, 2019, 02:51:53 pm »
Lads, remind me who is the guy third from the left in the upper row. Who also looks like he had his head photoshopped.

Ryan Mclaughlin

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8438 on: March 20, 2019, 03:27:50 pm »

We all moan about international football and the potential risk or injury and burn out for our players playing games that don't help Liverpool directly.

However, there are times when playing games at international football is good for a player. If Origi gets game time for Belgium I think that's bonus in this international break. Same with Lovren.

In Salah's case I think you are right. Getting a rest both physically and mentally is probably what he needs. Give him a few days off and let him go on holiday somewhere. Same with the likes of Milner etc..Get them back at Melwood next Monday and ramp things up for the Spurs game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.